Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2011 Challenge Archive > April - Pick It For Me Challenge

Comments (showing 251-300 of 1,297) (1297 new)    post a comment »

message 251: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 27, 2011 05:02PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1878 comments D.G., I think this reached 125 (as you wished?), so Debbie gets bonus points!

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Jess, not a problem :)

Ok, milestone time - I think this is the biggest I have ever seen this challenge get. Bonus goes to everyone that is being so patient with me. Just over 24hours left for the sign up period.

Don't forget to come back on March 29th and find who you get to pick for.

You will have from March 29th till April 2nd to make your recommendations. Anyone not getting a recommendation by April 2nd, 9pm (CST) and still wanting to them, will be included in a re-mix. The goal is to get recommendations for everyone that wants them.

Amanda D. (Tinyminx) | 307 comments I'm getting pretty excited!

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments lol, excited is good. I am starting to get nervous and hope that I don't lose anybody in the shuffle.

message 255: by Shea (new)

Shea | 213 comments Count me in!

Tania | 614 comments I know! Such an exciting day tomorrow... Lover Unleashed AND pick it for me announcements!

Oh, and a huge assignment due in... but what's that in the scheme of things :)

message 257: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 963 comments So exciting!!

message 258: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8715 comments Dang - I've got meetings all day tomorrow. Should have kept my schedule clear for the BIG PICKS!! :)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Don't worry about it Jane, you have until April 2nd to make the recommendations.

The newest Lords of the Underworld is released tomorrow also, so exciting :)

Good luck with your assignment Tania

message 260: by Fran, Moderator (new)

Fran | 6854 comments Can't wait until tomorrow- so exciting!

Debbie, it's going to be great and you are doing a great job- thanks for hosting this blow out of a month!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments Jane, I'm on vacation out of state. I keep having to find Wi-Fi and then mostly check on my iPod touch. Can you imagine going through some people's bookshelves on nothing but a touch and random Wi-Fi with your family gathered around a table waiting for you to finish your lunch/play so they can get on with things?

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments How long you gonna be gone Jim? If need be I will pair you with a patient person - if I can find one :)

message 263: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments Photojim wrote: "Jane, I'm on vacation out of state. I keep having to find Wi-Fi and then mostly check on my iPod touch. Can you imagine going through some people's bookshelves on nothing but a touch and random Wi..."

Yikes, Jim! That's tough.

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments phew, made it just in time didn't ya SheSwitches. well, actually you have about 10 hour to spare :)

Penney (pschoener) | 3312 comments Debbie ~ ☾ ~ wrote: "How long you gonna be gone Jim? If need be I will pair you with a patient person - if I can find one :)"

Awwwe, any of us would wait patiently for our widdle Jim, he's worth it ;-p

Britta (Quintessensical) Penney wrote: "Debbie ~ ☾ ~ wrote: "How long you gonna be gone Jim? If need be I will pair you with a patient person - if I can find one :)"

Awwwe, any of us would wait patiently for our widdle Jim, he's worth ..."

QFT c:

message 267: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments I'm sure that now that he won't be around, Jim will get his recs on the first day (for some reason, he always has to wait for them.:)

Melissa ** | 544 comments Debbie it looks like your long night is starting soon!! Good Luck!!!

message 269: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments So now I'm curious by all those mysterious numbers next to our names!

Amy J. | 349 comments D.G. ~The Devil's Harlot~ wrote: "So now I'm curious by all those mysterious numbers next to our names!"

I'm starting to get really excited!

message 271: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments Oh I figured it out!!!

message 272: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4418 comments D.G. - you are way ahead of me! I'm still curious.

I just want to add my thanks Debbie! And good luck!

message 273: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8715 comments Photojim wrote: "Jane, I'm on vacation out of state. I keep having to find Wi-Fi and then mostly check on my iPod touch. Can you imagine going through some people's bookshelves on nothing but a touch and random Wi..."

LOL! Glad it is you and not me! Too much hard work. Are you twisting your body around to get the best signal on the wifi - or climbing a tree to get a bit of height? ...My husband used to have to go up to the big figtree to get mobile reception or stand on the top of the Toyota. Fortunately reception has improved!

message 274: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8715 comments Checked out the numbers - definitely not my age unfortunately! Hmmmmmmmmm - wonder what they mean?

message 275: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 6978 comments ah ha - i know what they are!!!

message 276: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments Now that I know what the numbers mean, I'm thinking of the recommendation guidelines tight to that...should be very interesting! :)

message 277: by Leah (new)

Leah I know what they are too! Should be interesting how we are paired off :)

message 278: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8715 comments Oooooohhh - I think I have it now! But I'm thinking numbers could change pretty easily... :)

message 279: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4418 comments I figured it out too! Just a little slow on the uptake today - must be a Monday!

Still don't know how that is going to play into the pairings or recommendations....

message 280: by Christine (Cagnes) (last edited Mar 28, 2011 03:27PM) (new)

Christine (Cagnes) (cagnes) | 118 comments Hmmm, I guess I'm really slow today - I can't figure out what the numbers mean! ;)

message 281: by Elke (last edited Mar 28, 2011 03:50PM) (new)

Elke (ejurca) | 1147 comments I got it too!! Can't wait to see how we are paired up!!

Jim son of Jim (formerly PhotoJim) (Jim_formerly_Photojim) | 5294 comments No need for my partner to be patient. I'll have picks up tonight or in the morning. I went ahead and sprung for the internet in the room cost. But since today was eight hours in a waterpark, I might fall asleep and have it wait until the morning.

thanks for the warm thoughts though.

Danielle (Bookaddict27) | 35 comments I having been sitting here staring at my number and I have no clue what it could possibility relate to.

Amy J. | 349 comments Danielle wrote: "I having been sitting here staring at my number and I have no clue what it could possibility relate to."

me too Danielle. I wish someone would clue me in. (PM me?)

message 285: by Lisa Kay (last edited Mar 28, 2011 05:50PM) (new)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 1878 comments Wait a minute! I want clued in too, I'm confused b/c there are large numbers and a few letters and multiples of the same numbers...

moulin | 44 comments I am hopeless. This is exciting! Does this make me a book addict? Would you believe I looked at the March PIFM challenge and got bummed because I didn't see my name. Whew!

Tania | 614 comments Think about this ladies - Debbie needed to be able to see your profile page. Look for the number there.

Danielle (Bookaddict27) | 35 comments Oh, I get it now!

moulin | 44 comments OH! Yay. Thanks Tania. Got it.

message 290: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 963 comments But the number can change. I had a 55, now I have 56.

Danielle (Bookaddict27) | 35 comments I would assume that it goes on the number you had when the date of the entries closed.

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments now now, just be patient - not much longer now!

Ok, so I cheated a bit, I know my internet connection sucks so I got most of the info I needed earlier today when I had real good wi-fi. But I am still waiting on 2. If no one else pops in I should be able to do this in about an hour.

message 293: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 963 comments tick tick tick. Excited. Go go go go.

message 294: by D.G. (new)

D.G. | 3761 comments So I decided to check in from my iPod touch before going to bed - I'm getting up before 6am to go the gym - and I forgot that Debbie is on CST! I guess I'll know my picker tomorrow. :)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Kami, It works out about the same if you are just a couple numbers different than you were earlier today when I got the numbers.

Ok, getting down to the wire here, ....

Amy J. | 349 comments I got it now thanks

Michelle I'm getting really excited too!

Debbie  (onyx95) | 2757 comments Sign Ups are now Officially Closed

Be back as soon as I can with the match ups for all you eager beavers :o)

message 299: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 963 comments Well I guess I will have to find something else to amuse myself with. Maybe go watch a movie and then come back later.

moulin | 44 comments Criminal Minds anyone?