Dreamspinner Press discussion

Authors > K. Z. Snow

Comments (showing 218-267)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 267: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Xylophone, which won the 2014 EPIC eBook Award for contemporary fiction, is this week's "Award Winning Wednesday" featured book at Dreamspinner. And that means it's been discounted down to $3.24! http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/store/

message 266: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Did you know I'm DSP's Novella Queen? You betcha. ;-) And all twelve of my titles are now 25% off. (Still waiting for my tiara, though.) http://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/stor...

message 265: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Welcome to December, everybody! A number of DSP authors, including me, are participating in a holiday flash-fiction blog hop. There are 40+ contributors in total, all of whom are writers of GLBTQ fiction. And here's the cool part: this varied batch of fiction niblets are based on a single photo-prompt. It's fascinating to see how over three dozen individual writers have interpreted the same image. My story (approx. 2200 words) is here -- http://kzsnow.blogspot.com/2014/12/fl... -- and there's a link at the bottom of the page to the other authors' blogs. Enjoy!

message 264: by Susinok (new)

Susinok K.Z. wrote: "Ben Raphael's All-Star Virgins will be released on September 25 by Harmony Ink."

Yay! I love that title!

message 263: by Jules (new)

Jules Lovestoread | 21 comments K.Z. wrote: "More good news from my favorite publisher! Harmony Ink, Dreamspinner's young adult imprint, has accepted my story Ben Raphael's All-star Virgins. It's my first YA since [book:The Zero Knot|12094531..."
Oooh - excited about this. :)

message 262: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments On Saturday September 6, I'll be Meredith's guest at the Diverse Reader blog, http://diversereader.blogspot.com/ I'm being interviewed and I'm giving away an ebook -- your choice of any title, as long as it's mine ;-). But you don't have to hustle your butt over there on Saturday; the giveaway runs through the following Friday, September 12. See? Lots of time!

The winning entrant will of course be chosen at random. So please stop by for your chance to grab a freebie! You can find all my available books at my my website, http://www.kzsnow.com, or you can scroll down the right sidebar on my blog, http://kzsnow.blogspot.com. Hope to see you at Diverse Reader!

message 261: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Ben Raphael's All-Star Virgins will be released on September 25 by Harmony Ink.

message 260: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Hugs and gratitude to Lisa at The Novel Approach for taking the time to read and review Resurrection Man. http://thenovelapproachreviews.com/20...

message 259: by K.Z. (last edited Aug 05, 2014 01:37PM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Yikes! I haven't updated since late April. So here are some updates, lol. My near-novel-length contemporary, Resurrection Man, is coming out tomorrow (August 6). And sometime this fall, either late September or early October, Harmony Ink will be releasing Ben Raphael's All-Star Virgins, my first YA since The Zero Knot. (I've been having blurb anxiety lately, so I feel a need to tell you that the little summaries for both these stories don't fully capture what they're about. Then again, all writers hate blurbs, so take that caveat for what it it is. :-))

Roger - president of NBR United - Grace (Roger_PresidentofNBRUnited) | 30 comments I could tell it showed in the writing that this was important to you.

message 257: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Thank you, Roger. That book is very important to me.

Roger - president of NBR United - Grace (Roger_PresidentofNBRUnited) | 30 comments K.Z. I finished reading xylophone a few days back and wanted to tell you I think you handled a difficult topic well with honesty and compassion.

message 255: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Hey, Susan! I agree that Anne did a great job of visually tying the three books together. If only they had real covers! (Btw, I've loved your garden photos on Facebook. I'm so envious! It's still too cold here for the bulbs and perennials to be up.)

message 254: by Susinok (new)

Susinok OK I am not going to quote you this time. It's messing up.

Anyway, Congratulations! I'll be looking forward to the new book.

Also the cover for Machine is amazing! The three books in that series will look gorgeous together on the shelf.

message 253: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments More good news from my favorite publisher! Harmony Ink, Dreamspinner's young adult imprint, has accepted my story Ben Raphael's All-star Virgins. It's my first YA since The Zero Knot, and the characters are even younger -- a group of 16-year-old prep school friends. Look for it in early fall.

message 252: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments If youse guys would like to see the cover for Machine (Mongrel #3), go here: http://kzsnow.blogspot.com/2014/04/co...

message 251: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Hi, Tammy, and thank you! I'm so glad you liked Xylophone. It was a tough one to write.

message 250: by Tammy K. (new)

Tammy K. (Rambles_of_a_reader) | 79 comments Congratulation KZ! I read Xylophone and loved it (5 Stars loved it) It is a powerful, emotionally moving read.

message 249: by K.Z. (last edited Mar 16, 2014 07:54AM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments I have all kinds of news for y'all. First, Xylophone by K.Z. Snow won the EPIC Award for Contemporary Fiction. The trophy arrived in today's mail, and it's lovely!

Next, Machine, the final book in the Mongrel trilogy, should be out in late April/early May. AND Dreamspinner will also be publishing my near-novel-length contemporary, Resurrection Man (August release, maybe). AND I just submitted a YA novella, Ben Raphael's All-star Virgins, to Harmony Ink. (Keep in mind that does not mean they're going to publish it, but hey, I'm on a roll. ;-) )

message 248: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments I am live! (That's always good news.) http://www.reviewsbyjessewave.com/201...

message 247: by Susinok (new)

Susinok K.Z. wrote: "Hey, guys! I'll be making an appearance at Reviews by Jessewave this Friday, December 20, in conjunction with a reprise of "Dueling Penises" (an incredibly enlightening feature I did for her in yea..."

Woo hoo I'll see you there!

message 246: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Hey, guys! I'll be making an appearance at Reviews by Jessewave this Friday, December 20, in conjunction with a reprise of "Dueling Penises" (an incredibly enlightening feature I did for her in years past). Please drop by if you feel like being educated. *cough* :-D

message 245: by K.Z. (last edited Dec 10, 2013 08:10PM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments And still more news about Xylophone. It was nominated for three M/M Readers' Choice Awards. Thank you, nominators, for caring about this story. <3 And congratulations to the many other DSP nominees.

message 244: by Shirley (new)

Shirley Ann | 15 comments Congratulations that is so wonderful.

message 243: by Susinok (new)

Susinok K.Z. wrote: "NEWS: I was just notified that my DSP novella, Xylophone, is a finalist in EPIC's annual ebook competition. This is a big one, because it includes electronically-published books fro..."

Congratulations KZ! I loved that book and have been thinking of re-reading it lately.

Looking forward to Machine, too!

message 242: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments If you're curious about what wonders reside in that mysterious place called The Backlist, follow my "A Trope Down Memory Lane" weekly series of blogs: www.kzsnow.blogspot.com. A new post every Tuesday, by theme.

message 241: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Thank you!

message 240: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 | 87 comments Looking forward to it, K.Z.!

message 239: by K.Z. (last edited Nov 25, 2013 11:00AM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Finally got some NEW news, guys! Just sent in my contract for Machine, the final book in the Mongrel trilogy. If you'd like a more in-depth look at Fanule Perfidor, you'll get it in this story. ;-)

Oh, and by the way . . . now that I've left my steampunk storyverse, I'm working on a contemporary.

message 238: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Thank you, Urb. The book means a lot to me.

message 237: by Urbanista (new)

Urbanista | 43 comments K.Z. wrote: "NEWS: I was just notified that my DSP novella, Xylophone, is a finalist in EPIC's annual ebook competition. This is a big one, because it includes electronically-published books from all genres, no..."

Well done and congratulations! Xylophone by K.Z. Snow deserves recognition, because it is an exemplary work.

message 236: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments NEWS: I was just notified that my DSP novella, Xylophone, is a finalist in EPIC's annual ebook competition. This is a big one, because it includes electronically-published books from all genres, not just m/m. (I believe the wonderful Rick R. Reed won an Eppie last year for Caregiver.)

I'm so glad to see GLBTQ fiction being recognized outside of our genre!

message 235: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments You done made me feel good, Urb. :-D

message 234: by Urbanista (new)

Urbanista | 43 comments Capital SQEEEEEEEE!

message 233: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Machine is finished and submitted. Read more about it here: http://kzsnow.blogspot.com/2013/10/ma...

I'll post a proper blurb when I have one. ;-)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 42 comments K.Z. wrote: "Molte grazie for your feedback, Manu!

I fear the final book, Machine, will make you squirm even more. It's time to delve into Fanule's lineage, and to test the two central relationships.

Beyond ..."

Machine... anticipation anticipation...

message 231: by K.Z. (last edited Jul 22, 2013 04:23PM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Molte grazie for your feedback, Manu!

I fear the final book, Machine, will make you squirm even more. It's time to delve into Fanule's lineage, and to test the two central relationships.

Beyond that, I won't say anything more. ;-)

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 42 comments K.Z.: (view spoiler)

I loved Merman so much, you put me in an uncomfortable spot, but I loved it.

message 229: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Thank you, my dear!

Forgot to mention that I'll be at the fabulous Kim Fielding's house on Monday, talking about my journey through steampunk. Here's where Kim lives: http://kfieldingwrites.blogspot.com/

message 228: by Susinok (last edited Jul 13, 2013 01:23PM) (new)

Susinok Going to re-read Mongrel soon (it's next after my current book) so I'm fresh and ready to dive in. :)

Oh and that cover totally sold me on that book. Cover + American steampunk = buy!

message 227: by K.Z. (last edited Jul 13, 2013 02:45PM) (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Hey, fellow dreamers, be on the lookout for some special deals in conjunction with the Wednesday release of Merman (Mongrel, #2) by K.Z. Snow.

BTW, those deals might just include Mongrel by K.Z. Snow, too, for those of you who haven't read it yet. ;-)

Go to my blog for more info: http://kzsnow.blogspot.com

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 42 comments K.Z. wrote: "Took me long enough, didn't it? Sheesh. I'm already wondering if I should just make this a trilogy and get it over with."

This is not teasing, it's torture!!!

message 225: by Susinok (new)

Susinok K.Z. wrote: "Took me long enough, didn't it? Sheesh. I'm already wondering if I should just make this a trilogy and get it over with. ..."

Better start now then. :)

message 224: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Emanuela ~plastic duck~ wrote: "K.Z. wrote: "Manu, I hope you realize you're holding me to a very high standard. :) Now I'm getting nervous."

It's your own fault for writing Mongrel :-P Isn't it a relief that it's written and th..."

Took me long enough, didn't it? Sheesh. I'm already wondering if I should just make this a trilogy and get it over with.

message 223: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Susinok wrote: "OH THAT is a gorgeous cover!!! Can't wait! :)"

Anne Cain again exercised her psychic ability to tap into my mind. :) That really is Marrowbone's face, I swear. And she tied the overall look of the cover so beautifully to the Mongrel cover.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 42 comments K.Z. wrote: "Manu, I hope you realize you're holding me to a very high standard. :) Now I'm getting nervous."

It's your own fault for writing Mongrel :-P Isn't it a relief that it's written and that I won't pester you until after July 18th anymore?

message 221: by Susinok (new)

Susinok OH THAT is a gorgeous cover!!! Can't wait! :)

message 220: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Here's the book's GR page: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/18...

message 219: by K.Z. (new)

K.Z. Snow (KZSnow) | 260 comments Manu, I hope you realize you're holding me to a very high standard. :) Now I'm getting nervous.

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 42 comments I don't even need to fake it ;)

« previous 1 3 4 5 6
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Mongrel (other topics)
The Prayer Waltz (other topics)
Visible Friend (other topics)
precious_boy (other topics)
Jude in Chains (other topics)
More...