Immortals After Dark discussion

Lothaire (Immortals After Dark #12)
This topic is about Lothaire
The Books > Lothaire (Book#12)

Comments (showing 1-50 of 484) (484 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

message 1: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren (RenPuspita) | 164 comments Hi all, the title for the 12nd book is revealed..

And yes the title is LOTHAIRE!! :D.. It released Januari, 10th 2012 (next year!) and in Hardcover edition :)

You can add this book for your to-read list at here :
http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/10...

And for you who want to buy or pre order this book, you can buy it at Amazon or Simon&Schuster ^^

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

YAHOOOO

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I can't WAIT!!!!! But is it really called Lothaire??? Surely that's a working title. Part of the charm of the series for me is the titles that reflect the central theme of the book.

Emmi (EmmiK) | 4 comments Maybe Lothaire is so badass, he is the central theme of the book. j/k... I feel like it's probably a working title too until she figures out what the theme is going to be.

I dunno how I feel about this one, he didn't endear himself to me with how he treated Declan(Aiden) and my favorite soothsayer Nixy.

Whaddaya think. Love him or hate him?

message 5: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren (RenPuspita) | 164 comments I dunno is it a working title or not.. But I remember when I read at KC forum, there moderator said, the book title is indeed "Lothaire", and in Simon&Schuster and Amazon, the title are "Lothaire" too.
And it comes at hardcover.. :(... But we will wait and see, at last this book come next year
I'll tell you all if I have a news about this :)

Lothaire is not my favorite, so I dunno what I feel for him

Emmi (EmmiK) | 4 comments You're always so on top of things Ren!!

Yeah he's not my fave. A lot of ppl are saying that he's going to be paired with Nix.. but I feel like it would be sold as Nix's book (Like Regin just had her book) not as Lothaire's. Nix is like the cornerstone of the series... Kresley wouldn't just stick her in as a HEA w/o warning us... would she?

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Hard cover? Awesome for KC! But not so good for my pocketbook. :( Guess I'll wait for paperback.

It's been confirmed that Nix is not Lothaire's Bride. Both seem to be manipulating the Accession though. I like Lothaire. Or maybe like isn't the word: more of a fascination for him. I can't wait to see what woman can bring him to his knees.

Emmi (EmmiK) | 4 comments Oh awesome! Thanks for the hook-up update Andrea!

MayFairLady | 3 comments His bride is SO Furie!!! I jus have this awesome feeling about it. jsadflkjweilksdn CANT WAITTT!!

Layla  | 10 comments Nattyo245 wrote: "His bride is SO Furie!!! I jus have this awesome feeling about it. jsadflkjweilksdn CANT WAITTT!!"

KC confirmed that Furie is Kristoff's Bride.So there's someone new for Lothaire :)

message 11: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren (RenPuspita) | 164 comments Layla wrote: "Nattyo245 wrote: "His bride is SO Furie!!! I jus have this awesome feeling about it. jsadflkjweilksdn CANT WAITTT!!"

KC confirmed that Furie is Kristoff's Bride.So there's someone new for Lothaire :)"

Agreed with Layla :).. I had read about that at KC Forum. Get a funny feeling, maybe Lothaire's bride somehow connected with La Dorada? o_O

Layla  | 10 comments Ren wrote:"Agreed with Layla :).. I had read about that at KC Forum. Get a funny feeling, maybe Lothaire's bride somehow connected with La Dorada? o_O "

I hope not. I've read some awful rumors but this one freaked me out :La Dorada is Lothaire's Bride. Creepy..
However I've read a reference to Lothaire's Bride in DoaDW that made me wonder if they've met and (if they did)why aren't they together anymore?

Ashley (shinhbang) | 28 comments Layla wrote: "Nattyo245 wrote: "His bride is SO Furie!!! I jus have this awesome feeling about it. jsadflkjweilksdn CANT WAITTT!!"

KC confirmed that Furie is Kristoff's Bride.So there's someone new for Lothaire :)"

Wahhh I didn't know that, but that's amazing!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley (shinhbang) | 28 comments I don't know about you people, but the idea of Lothaire and Nix sounds amusing to me. :) That's probably just me.

message 15: by Layla (last edited Mar 29, 2011 08:47PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Layla  | 10 comments Ashley wrote: "I don't know about you people, but the idea of Lothaire and Nix sounds amusing to me. :) That's probably just me."

I would love them together.They are very fun to read *grin* But again, KC said that Nix's book is among the last ones in the series *sigh*

message 16: by Juls (new) - rated it 4 stars

Juls (juls1980) Layla wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I don't know about you people, but the idea of Lothaire and Nix sounds amusing to me. :) That's probably just me."

I would love them together.They are very fun to read *grin* But ag..."

well dang it! i thought they would have been hot together ;*)

message 17: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren (RenPuspita) | 164 comments Hmm, is it just me or what, but I can't see Lothaire's Bride is Nix. Dunno, I think this two have same personality and character,they both wicked and manipulative..

message 18: by Emmi (new) - rated it 4 stars

Emmi (EmmiK) | 4 comments Layla wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I don't know about you people, but the idea of Lothaire and Nix sounds amusing to me. :) That's probably just me."

I would love them together.They are very fun to read *grin* But ag..."

WAIT WAIT WAIT.... HOLD. THE. PHONE.

THERE IS AN END IN THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE??!! Oh say it isn't so! I need at least another 15- 50 more books. Oh, the cruelty... woe, woe is me!

message 19: by McKenzie (new)

McKenzie | 6 comments I never buy hardcover books but I will make an exception for this one since it's part of the IAD series. :)

But man, that's such a long wait!

message 20: by Jennifer (new) - added it

Jennifer | 1 comments The wait is absolutely going to kill me! Nix and Lothaire would be interesting, but I'm with Emmi I'll need more books before KC finishes up this series. It's just too much fun!

message 21: by Ren (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ren (RenPuspita) | 164 comments Jennifer wrote: "The wait is absolutely going to kill me! Nix and Lothaire would be interesting, but I'm with Emmi I'll need more books before KC finishes up this series. It's just too much fun!"

Lothaire's Bride is NOT Nix..

I know, there so many people want them together, but I can't pictured that.
Both have same personalities, both have their own agenda, I just feel Nix's not suitable for Lothaire.

And KC had confirmed about this, that Nix will have her own book, and it's near the end of IAD series

message 22: by [deleted user] (new)

So he will be paired with someone sweet..... I would LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Faithmarie wrote: "So he will be paired with someone sweet..... I would LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm with you. I love when the lovers seem so opposite at first glance. She must be innocent on the surface but she's gotta be strong to stand up to Lothaire. It would be interesting if she knew little about the Lore, like Emma or Holly. In which case, she might not understand what it means to be the Enemy of Old.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Andrea wrote: "Faithmarie wrote: "So he will be paired with someone sweet..... I would LOVE that!!!!!!!!!!"

I'm with you. I love when the lovers seem so opposite at first glance. She must be innocent on the su..."

Exactly!!!! Those are my favorite!!! They are perfect to me. And I love Alpha heros. Perfect combos to me. Except with Sebastian... he is my exception. He made my heart hurt. I am hormonal though...

message 25: by Sunshine (new)

Sunshine | 14 comments I seem to recall reading in one of the threads in this group, I think it was the Lothaire thread this his bride and HEA is evil. So I think his bride could be anything but sweet.

message 26: by Anja (last edited Apr 07, 2011 05:49PM) (new) - added it

Anja | 98 comments Per KC, his bride is evil and vulnerable. I like that combo.

message 27: by Kat (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kat W. (ghkat07) Reading PoaDP and DoaDW the first time I thought La Dorada would wind up being his bride, and I still kind of think so.

message 28: by Anja (new) - added it

Anja | 98 comments I think his bride is a female vampire and we will see a return of the original vampires. In the glossary, it mentions something about a secret enclave of vamps in Dacia. Maybe the reason the Daci are hidden is because they were lost, time locked, or otherwise unreachable. And Lothaire is trying to get back, and the ring somehow does that.

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Hey, Anja, sounds like an interesting plot! Maybe you should write your own story. :D

Saucyminx | 41 comments Someone just posted this advert for Lothaire's book -found at the end of DADW- on Kresley's forums:

"Centuries ago,Lothaire the Enemy of Old rose to power,becoming the most feared vampire in the immortal world. Still driven by the past filled with blood vows and vendettas, the lethal warrior will not rest until he captures the vampire Horde's crown for himself.
But the woman destined to be his Bride-a vulnerable female whose blood stokes his desires to a fever pitch- is the only one who can derail his quest for absolute power.When forced to choose, will Lothaire succumb to the torments of his past, or seize a future with her?"

Does anyone see any clues in there?

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Sounds great! I can't wait to see Lothaire's story. We already know that he's been collecting debts from several books, making characters promise him future payment.

message 32: by [deleted user] (new)

Saucyminx wrote: "Someone just posted this advert for Lothaire's book -found at the end of DADW- on Kresley's forums:

"Centuries ago,Lothaire the Enemy of Old rose to power,becoming the most feared vampire in the i..."

OMG..... DO YOU???? Do tell!!!!!!! I can't think!!!!

message 33: by Saucyminx (last edited Apr 23, 2011 08:56PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Saucyminx | 41 comments okay what it's telling me is this:

Line: "is the only one who can derail his quest for absolute power."
This tells me: She's powerful - but Kresley said she's evil and vulnerable - maybe in a vulnerable position - maybe she's rightful heir to the Horde throne and doesn't know it? (like, Kristoff's sister!? if he has one, someone mentioned this on the forums)

Line: "when forced to choose, will Lothaire succumb to the torments of his past,"

This tells me: She stands in his way of getting his crown AND 'torments of his past' must be another clue but I don't know what would torment Lothaire?

Line: "a vulnerable female whose blood stokes his desires to a fever pitch"

This tells me: Maybe there's something special about her blood that will tell us what kind of Lorean she is? Is there any blood that's irresistible to vamps? OR I'm also thinking he'll want to drink her dry, thus finally pushing him over the edge into becoming a true fallen vampire and turning his eyes from pink to red.

Pickles (angstypickles) | 314 comments Saucyminx wrote: "Is there any blood that's irresistible to vamps? "

I don't know if it's irresistible to them, but it was mentioned in several of the books that vamps love Valkyrie blood.

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh I hope I hope I hope......

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments I don't think Lothaire's sweetie will be a vampire. So far all the relationships have been inter-species. That's a definite plan of Nix's as she manipulates the Accession. Lothaire has a goal for the Accession too, probably something to do with his ambition. Evidently she will change his track in some way. I can't wait to see that.

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 13 comments It's coming out in hardcover? Yuck. Good thing I have my e-reader. I can see Lothaire and Nix together, they're both crazy. LOL. They would make an odd couple indeed. But I don't really think that's going to happen.

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments No, not Nix and Lothaire. KC has confirmed that. But Lothaire's bride is bound to be pretty powerful.

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 13 comments His bride needs to be powerful to be able to deal with him. LOL

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 8 comments I think it will be La Dorada - not that I want it to be. Lothaire knew she would come back to life if he took the ring from her finger and that she would come after the ring; yet, he still took it. She is definitely powerful and evil. I don't know about vulnerable!

Kiersten Fay (KierstenFay) | 13 comments That's true, but he was anticipating being able to run from her, not get trapped in facility. I bet he had a plan to destroy her before he got caught.

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

OH PLEASE GOD NOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOT HER!!!!!!!!!
LOL

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 51 comments **whispers** Faithmarie doesn't like La Dorada!

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

hahahahah don't like?????? HATE is more like it. I won't read the book if that ***** is the one. LOL at least until I get your review Lisa.

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Just saw this on the KC newsletter: "(Stay tuned for the Lothaire cover reveal this summer. I love this cover--think it's the best of the entire series. Can't wait to share it with you!)"

I can't wait either!

Magda (myrb) YAY! I can't wait!

✿ℎazℯℓ - thℯ ℛock Cℎick ℱairy✿ (haze09) | 2 comments Definitely worth waiting for, just like all the books in IAD! Lothaire and whomever he ends up with would be celebrities! haha

Jennifer | 4 comments Is the synopsis posted for Lothaire's book true on here? Because if it is then we know his HEA...My friend said to click on the book and there it was...

Magda (myrb) EEEEKKKKK!! That was just added. I looked this morning & it wasn't there!

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 204 comments Jennifer, Magda, where's the synopsis you found?

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Kiss of a Demon King (other topics)
Lothaire (other topics)
Retribution (other topics)
Acheron (other topics)
Unleash the Night (other topics)
More...