Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > How to Delete a Group

Comments (showing 1-14 of 14) (14 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm not sure if there are any other topics similar to this one, but the list was to long, I didn't have any time to check it. Sorry!

So, I have a group (which I am the top moderator of) which was last active in October. I was wondering how to delete it permanently.

Thanks in advance!

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I tried that, and unfortunately, I was unable to fine the "Delete Group" button. :/

I'm sorry I seem such a noob. D: I joined last February, but this new layout has been confusing me lately.

message 3: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 11054 comments Mod
Frege wrote: "I tried that, and unfortunately, I was unable to fine the "Delete Group" button."

It will only exist for you if you are the group's creator.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

Oh, well I am a moderator. The group owner left, and she left me in charge. The group is kinda gone, so...

message 5: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Frege wrote: "The group owner left"

Is she still a member of the group?

message 6: by [deleted user] (new)

No.

message 7: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Try this: remove all the members but yourself from the group. Then, via your membership options, leave the group. You should be told that if you leave, the group will have no members and will be deleted. Confirm.

Mia | 4 comments Hi!

I am have the same problem as Frege...THOUGH I am not the moderator. I just want to leave the group! PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE HELP!!

message 9: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

Leaving a group is easy. Go to the group's homepage. Under the groups description will be "You are a member. Edit". Click the edit link, and a new page will load. It will have "Leave this group" near the top. Click that link and confirm.

Mia | 4 comments Thank you so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mia | 4 comments It worked! You are awesome, Rivka! :)

Lobstergirl | 4092 comments I think Mia was being held hostage....

Mia | 4 comments I so was!!

Karen (kamichai) Rivka-- I'm trying to delete an old group of which I'm the creator and moderator, but still don't see where to delete it?

rivka wrote: "Frege wrote: "I tried that, and unfortunately, I was unable to fine the "Delete Group" button."

It will only exist for you if you are the group's creator."

unread topics | mark unread