Q&A with Kristin Hannah discussion

MOVIE QUESTION:

Comments (showing 1-43 of 43) (43 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kristin (new)

Kristin Hannah | 172 comments Mod
I am getting a lot of comments about movie versions of my books. Although I've had several novels optioned for film, none of those deals have gotten much traction so far. Rats!!! Which of my books do YOU think would make the best movie and who would you cast?

message 2: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (Jencey) I would think that FireFly Lane would make a great movie. Now who would I cast? Anne Hathaway as Kate. I would cast Rachel McAdams as Tully. I would cast James Franco as Kate's husband. I would have to think about her daughter. As Kate's mom I would cast Sela Ward.

message 3: by Deanna (new)

Deanna | 8 comments I'm so not good at picking out who should be cast, But I saw on facebook you thought Meryl Streep in Winter Garden ... I saw that and was like , YES! And The only other thing I thought was in Firefly Lane... I thought of the movie Forest Gump~ how it played out over the decades...
Every time I read one of you books... I can picture it as a movie!! You are so descriptive and detailed, It's wonderful.

message 4: by Kat (new)

Kat (littlemissshooter) | 3 comments I think Firefly Lane would definitely make a great movie :)

message 5: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (mistymtladi) | 5 comments The Magic Hour would make a good movie. It would have to be expertly cast and filmed to avoid being a Life-Time special -which it wouldn't deserve. Susan Saradon as the returning pyschologist, maybe.

message 6: by Kristin (new)

Jencey wrote: "I would think that FireFly Lane would make a great movie. Now who would I cast? Anne Hathaway as Kate. I would cast Rachel McAdams as Tully. I would cast James Franco as Kate's husband. I woul..."

Great casting!

message 7: by Kristin (new)

Deanna wrote: "I'm so not good at picking out who should be cast, But I saw on facebook you thought Meryl Streep in Winter Garden ... I saw that and was like , YES! And The only other thing I thought was in Fir..."

Thanks, Deanna!

message 8: by Kristin (new)

Betsy wrote: "The Magic Hour would make a good movie. It would have to be expertly cast and filmed to avoid being a Life-Time special -which it wouldn't deserve. Susan Saradon as the returning pyschologist, maybe."

I agree about the Lifetime movie angle, Betsy. I can't remember now who I thought would be good as Julia. :)

message 9: by Leigh (new)

Leigh (luvmyhub) I think Night Road would make a wonderful movie because it takes place over several years and has some dynamic characters. Not sure who I would cast in the different roles though.

message 10: by Kristin (new)

Thanks, Leigh! Keep your eyes on my facebook page. If there's any movie news, I'll post it there first. :) Fingers crossed.

message 11: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Smith (JenniferS01983) | 1 comments I so would like to see Night Road go into a movie to see the emotion that runs between all the characters!!! I would have to say that lexi should be alyson stoner (cheaper by the dozen and the sweet life of cody and zach), zach should be liam hensworth (last song), mia should be hilary duff, and jude should be aj cook (criminal minds).

message 12: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 1 comments Winter Garden would make an AWESOME movie! I would love to see how they would make it work.

message 13: by Cassandra (new)

Cassandra | 4 comments Firefly lane without a doubt in my mind.

message 14: by Laura (new)

Laura | 1 comments I would most definitely say Firefly Lane as a movie. That book basically changed my life, and it would be amazing to see as a film. Plus, it would be extremely successful. It would definitely be a challenge writing a script for that book! I would say kate hudson (maybe) for Tully and then Giniffer Goodwin or Rachel Mcadams for Kate. I read it a while ago and I'm going to re-read it and start to think of casting ideas!

message 15: by Eryn (new)

Eryn Von | 3 comments Ive only read Winter Garden, True colors, Firefly lane and Night road.. I love your books SO much and Im only fourteen! Anyways, I think all of them would make AMAZING movies but Firefly Lane or True colors would be my top picks. Its so hard to choose anyone specific for the roles.. but I always thought Of Bradley Cooper as Luke for some reason. And Natalie portman as Vivi.. even though Vivi is suppose to be blond. Anne Hathaway as Aurora maybe.. and I cant think of anyone for Winona, Dallas or Noah. Thats my take on it:)

message 16: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 1 comments My all time favorite book of yours was Firefly Lane. My best friend and I read it together and every tiny detail about Tully was me and every little thing about Kate was my best friend. I think Tully HAS to be Kate Hudson.. no question about it. Kate I would cast as someone like Rachel McAdams or Alexis Bledel or Anne Hathaway.

message 17: by Donna (new)

Donna Peake | 2 comments Betsy wrote: "The Magic Hour would make a good movie. It would have to be expertly cast and filmed to avoid being a Life-Time special -which it wouldn't deserve. Susan Saradon as the returning pyschologist, maybe."

I love this book!!

message 18: by Anniek (new)

Anniek | 1 comments Firefly Lane. Definitely. I think about this book sometimes and wonder how Tully is doing.

message 19: by Christina (new)

Christina (christinaesselman) | 1 comments Anniek wrote: "Firefly Lane. Definitely. I think about this book sometimes and wonder how Tully is doing."

Ha! Me too!!!

message 20: by Michele (new)

Michele (gileswife) | 5 comments Firefly Lane would make a beautiful movie! I think Anne Hathaway would make a good Tully and Kate could be played by Renee Zellweger. Just a thought ... =)

message 21: by Jessica (new)

Jessica (jjurgens87) | 1 comments I would love it if Winter Garden was made into a movie. I love the transformation of every character in this story. I think the fairy-telling parts would make a wonderful and very touching addition including important history to the screen. I would cast Jennifer Connelly as Nina, Gerard Butler as Danny, Diane Lane as Meredith,
George Clooney as Jeff, Helen Mirren as Anya, Harrison Ford as Evan. It would be interesting to think of a good actress to fill the role of Vera with a cast like this! The orchard from the story would be beautiful on the big screen.

message 22: by Rose (new)

Rose (Sassy_Rose_) | 1 comments I have to say that there are four of your books that I would love to see made into movies; however, I don't know if the movies could ever do the books justice. The four are: Firefly Lane, Winter Garden, Night Road, and finally your most recent release, Home Front.

As for the casting, I'll leave that to the professionals because no matter how hard I tried, I would never get the characters just the way you've made them appear in my mind!

message 23: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments I would love to see Winter Garden, Night Road and Home Front made into movies. I think that those are amazing stories that would be great to see on screen.

message 24: by Michele (new)

Michele (gileswife) | 5 comments I agree with you, Julie. Home Front would definitely make an awesome and compelling movie. Not only is a good story, but it will help a lot of people understand better what our soldiers go through when they get home. I think more people would show compassion for them if they could see what it's like for them.

message 25: by Barb (new)

Barb (lv2scpbk) | 1 comments Deanna wrote: "I'm so not good at picking out who should be cast, But I saw on facebook you thought Meryl Streep in Winter Garden ... I saw that and was like , YES! And The only other thing I thought was in Fir..."

This would be wonderful to have Meryl Streep play in Winter Garden. One of my favorite books and would make a wonderful movie.

message 26: by Ebi91 (new)

Ebi91 | 1 comments Dear Kristin, I hope you understand me.:) I'm from Germany. I've read your book yesterday to end, the german version. it was awesome! I never read a book like that! So much emotion in one book! WOW! I just cried at the end. It was perfect...

You should make your book as a movie! I think Anne Hathaway or Hilary Swank as Kate would be perfect.

Rachel Mcadams is cute, but for Tully we need someone who's sexy, freaky, and energy full like Cameron Diaz!

James franco as Johnny.

Dakota Fanning as Kate's doughter.

maybe someone like richard gere for chad.

PLEASE make a film of this amazing story!

love greetings
Ebru Akdogan

message 27: by Christina (new)

Christina | 2 comments I'd have to say Night Road. It's my favorite book. :)

message 28: by Julie (new)

Julie | 1 comments Night Road would be a great movie!

message 29: by Keri (new)

Keri Swedin | 1 comments I agree Night Road would be a great movie!!! I read the book twice in two days. I cried and think the emotions would be played well on the big screen.

message 30: by Danielle (new)

Danielle Boag | 1 comments I read Firefly Lane last year and just finished Night Road. I had to put both books down multiple times because crying made it difficult to read. I think both Night Road and Fire Fly Lane would make amazing movies. For the casts I would choose:
Mia- Emma Stone, Amanda Seyfried
Zach- Matt Lanter, Max Thieriot, Jake Abel
Lexi- Jennifer Lawerence, Lucy Hale
Jude- Ellen Pompeo, Reese Witherspoon
Miles- Josh Duhamel, Ryan Reynolds

message 31: by Shana (new)

Shana Adler | 2 comments Chaning Tatum as Zach in Night Road :) Loving the sound of that!!

message 32: by Kerri (new)

Kerri Keaney | 1 comments I would love if firefly lane became a movie. I would love to see my favorite book come to life. I would love Kate Hudson as Tully, Zachary Levi for Johnny and for Kate, and Rachel McAdams, as a brunette.

message 33: by Betsy (new)

Betsy (Mzzbookworm) | 1 comments Kerri.. that's sounds like a great cast for the movie..lol

message 34: by Erika (new)

Erika Vu | 2 comments I think true colors would be a good book to make into a movie.

message 35: by Dani (new)

Dani (djacoby) | 3 comments I think Magic Hour would make an incredible movie! Elizabeth Mitchell as Julia and Onata Aprile as Alice.

message 36: by Jane (new)

Jane | 1 comments I think Home Front would make a great movie and you could have great fun casting the two lead female roles - maybe ginnifer Goodwin - not sure who else :)

Also comfort & joy would make an awesome film- you could have a really sexy Daniel like Ryan Reynolds or make him a bit more quirky but still cute - hmmm might have to look at some pics of cute quirky men to answer the rest of that question :)

message 37: by Jessica (new)

Jessica | 1 comments This is a tough one especially since all her books would make a good movie but if I had to pick just one it would definitely be Night Road.
I totally could see Chaning Tatum as Zack in Night Road but also Josh Hutcherson as well!
SO many possibilities!

message 38: by Christine (last edited Feb 27, 2014 01:27PM) (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 5 comments I thought night road was a great book and I thought that should be made into a movie

message 39: by Rmz (new)

Rmz Vox | 1 comments Hello Kristin. I must confess I literally hate reading, I work as a parts delivery driver and a friend of mine found a disc in a very odd case (Carrie underwood) and asked me if I wanted to listen to it and so I did, it was disc 4 of Night Road (jail part). Anyway, the disc ended suddenly and my heart stopped beating for a second or two and I was like... Noooooo! So I downloaded an audio book app on my phone and immediately purchased the book. I was so sad when it ended that I started to listen to it over again and just finished it today. I wish I could meet those guys. Mia, Lexie, Zach, Miles, Jude and little Grace. I am a musician (drummer vocalist of Fire Glass band) from AZ. I want to write an entire album about Night Road. The very first book I've ever (read/listen to) my favorite forever. I thank you for being so great and for touching my heart in a way I never thought it was possible. I've been reading around and multiple people seem to believe Firefly Lane is amazing. Should I?

message 40: by Michele (new)

Michele (gileswife) | 5 comments Rmz wrote: "Hello Kristin. I must confess I literally hate reading, I work as a parts delivery driver and a friend of mine found a disc in a very odd case (Carrie underwood) and asked me if I wanted to listen ..."

You definitely should! You will not be disappointed! =)

message 41: by Samantha (new)

Samantha Shelton (OnceUponAtime17) | 1 comments I would absolutely give anything to see Night Road played out in a well scripted movie. I've probably read the novel close to ten times and it still leaves me in tears every time I flip the pages. I would love a great cast list, but more so I would hope that the directors and script writers could catch hold of the tone of the piece and turn it into an on-screen masterpiece.

message 42: by Christine (new)

Christine Hatfield  (Christinesbookshelves) | 5 comments I can't wait to see night road as a movie

message 43: by Megan (new)

Megan | 1 comments I think Firefly Lane should be made into a movie, but not just one; four separate movies (not much unlike Twilight), one for each decade. I truly believe that if done this way, they would be huge successes. I only just finished this book, having no idea it would conclude the way it did, but as someone who has also been affected by several different cancers in my family..it hit home. This was a way better read than I had initially expected, having just happened upon it, lying around my sister's room. She hadn't read it yet, so I decided to. And boy, was that a good decision. I just gave it back to her and told her to read i; along with my idea about the movies, and told her to get back to me with her thoughts. I Google-d the book, wondering if a movie had been proposed, and WHAM! this came up. I would really like to see this happen, and I don't think one movie for the whole book would do it, or the timeline justice. With movies such as The Fault in Our Stars doing so well and even having men touched by such a movie..I feel like this would do amazingly in the box office. Even though it's considered a "chick's" book; cancer affects everyone, and so does friendship. Everyone can relate, even if it is about to girls who you see morph into women. I would propose an idea like this to a production company. The first of the quadrilogy (?) could be titled "Firefly Lane: Dancing Queen", and so on and so forth. But this is just a new fan's opinion. I hope you do read this, and would love your feedback.

unread topics | mark unread