Stephen King Fans discussion

The Wind Through the Keyhole (The Dark Tower #4.5)
This topic is about The Wind Through the Keyhole
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Dark Tower Series > New Dark Tower Novel: The Wind Through The Keyhole

Comments (showing 1-50 of 194) (194 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments Hey, everyone, I have just found out that Stephen King is writing a new Dark Tower novel that is coming out next year. It is the same novel that was on Wikipedia, but he said that he was letting his fan decide being writing this book or a sequel of The Shining, The Shining sequel won. Now on his website he has officially announced a new dark tower book called The Wind Through The Keyhole. Here is the link to the announcement http://www.stephenking.com/promo/wind.... The book is basically Dark Tower 4.5 set between book 4 and 5. Just wondering what everybody thought of continuing on the road to the elusive Dark Tower once again.

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) I remember voting on that poll... I was really torn on that one because I want both. I can't remember what I voted for now, but I think that it was the Shining sequel. LOL

I'm super-thrilled that he's confirmed a new Dark Tower book though.

Thanks for linking, Kevin. :)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments Hey, its my pleasure, but actually thanks to the people over at http://suvudu.com/2011/03/stephen-kin... I visit there everyday, and that is what I found today, too big of news that I just had to share it with everyone.

message 4: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1010 comments Mod
That is awesome...

message 5: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7 comments I am so happy with this news!

message 6: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Yay! I can't wait! :)

message 7: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Yeah, I totally missed this thread when I posted mine. Oh, well. lol. All that matters is that everyone knows. :)

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Kathy wrote: "Yeah, I totally missed this thread when I posted mine. Oh, well. lol. All that matters is that everyone knows. :)"

LOL No problem. :)
I'm so excited for this book though. I see another DT re-read next year in my future. :D

message 9: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Making it an annual things sounds good to me! lol

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Kathy wrote: "Making it an annual things sounds good to me! lol"

Hehe... Before I joined GR, I was reading DT, The Stand, The Shining and the existing Harry Potter books in a circle back to back for months. I love those books.

message 11: by Kathy (new) - added it

Kathy (bookgoddess1969) | 665 comments Oh, definitely! I haven't read them every year, but I've read them all several times! Good stuff! For me there is nothing like a reread! Like getting together with an old friend to catch up! :)

Dustin I am super excited!

message 13: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2249 comments Mod
http://geektyrant.com/news/2011/3/11/...

I can't believe it!! This is exciting!

Dustin Yes, VERY exciting!

message 15: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime (JaimeHobbes) | 104 comments So excited!!! Can't wait for this one...

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 600 comments O man o man.... I don't know how I'm going to make it until then, I need a Roland fix.... lol

Chris (Cbrunner11) | 119 comments I got the news letter from Stephen King’s site this past Friday and flipped with excitement. My wife thought I went mental. I just started reading the 4th book today for the first time and know I will not be able to wait for this book before moving one to the 5th. I wonder if since this will be released before the Movie/TV series, if it will be included.

message 18: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (nicotinca) | 13 comments wohoo, this is great news!

message 19: by Ann (new) - rated it 5 stars

Ann (AnnRumsey) | 7 comments Chris: I think most of us did just that too!
Chris wrote: "I got the news letter from Stephen King’s site this past Friday and flipped with excitement. "

Bondama (Kerensa) | 868 comments HA!!~ Now EVERYBODY will experience the agony that those of us who read the DT books as they were published knew!!~ -- And there were sometimes YEARS between books, friends!

Andrea (Serialreader13) | 40 comments Chris wrote: "I wonder if since this will be released before the Movie/TV series, if it will be included. "

I'm wondering that too now...it's going to be a while before the first movie comes out so maybe at least some elements could be added? But there's already so much they're going to have to try to fit in that I doubt they'll be able to add anymore...when going from book to movie some details are always eliminated which sucks.

message 22: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (nicotinca) | 13 comments I was on Stephen Kings website and discovered a poll for what artist is gonna illustrate this novel. I voted on Michael Whelan, he had some nice work on his website. I felt his style suited best for a DT novel.

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments Thanks for the update.

message 24: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (nicotinca) | 13 comments You can find the poll at http://www.stephenking.com/index.html

Dustin Chris- you mentioned that you began W&G for the first time, so does that mean you haven't already read books I-III..?

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Dustin wrote: "Chris- you mentioned that you began W&G for the first time, so does that mean you haven't already read books I-III..?"

I think he means that he's reading through the series for the first time, and that he will want to continue it sooner rather than later -- "later" being after WTTK comes out.

Chris (Cbrunner11) | 119 comments Dustin wrote: "Chris- you mentioned that you began W&G for the first time, so does that mean you haven't already read books I-III..?"

Becky is right; this is my first time reading through it. I have loved the first three books and my excitement has grown with each book. Briefly I thought about waiting and reading the new one before moving on to book 5, but I don’t see that happening. I can't wait till next year to continue the series. I will finish my read through of all seven books and wait in anticipation of the new one.

Dustin Oh, okay. That is AWESOME, Chris! I could say that I LOVE DT, but even that isn't strong enough of a word.

message 29: by Tina (new) - added it

Tina (nicotinca) | 13 comments Dustin wrote: "Oh, okay. That is AWESOME, Chris! I could say that I LOVE DT, but even that isn't strong enough of a word."

Same here!

Chris (Cbrunner11) | 119 comments I am so excited to be reading through it for the first time, and even happier that I can share all my questions, and joys with all of you like minded people. Thanks to all.

Dustin I've actually been thinking about re-reading DT...it is LONG-OVERDUE!!

message 32: by Ashlie (new) - added it

Ashlie | 8 comments whoa. this is crazy. i haven't finished the series yet, but what kind of whirlwind is he planning for us? i have been mindflipped just by reading the first 5 books cause of his incorporation of places and characters from some of his other books. wow, i cant wait.

Dustin Hi, Ashlie! I cannot wait for the upcoming DT novel, either!!

Scott (SHissong) | 382 comments I just got an email from Simon and Schuster and the release date has been set for April 3, 2012.

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments Scott wrote: "I just got an email from Simon and Schuster and the release date has been set for April 3, 2012."

Thanks for update, looking forward to it.

Dustin Hi, Scott!

I've heard that, too, about The Wind Through The Keyhole, but until it's officially announced, I wouldn't trust it too much.

message 37: by Conrad (new)

Conrad Smith (flagg) This is really exciting news. The more Dark Tower the better.

Rammses | 2 comments I thought for sure the series was over, but I guess I have something to look forward too, this is by far my favorite series, I can't wait!

Dustin Hi, Rammses-

I cannot wait, either! DT is my favorite series, as well. It's going to interesting to see how the gap between W&G and Wolves of The Calla will be filled, don't you think?

message 40: by Angie, Constant Reader (new) - rated it 4 stars

Angie | 2249 comments Mod
Looks like this will be the cover:

http://www.liljas-library.com/article...

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) I don't like it. It doesn't go with the other books in the series. I hope that the "working" cover becomes a "didn't work so we went with something else" cover. LOL

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments The people over at Tor, even posted a preview with the first two chapter and a forward that King worte three month ago. Here it is: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/th...

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) Kevin wrote: "The people over at Tor, even posted a preview with the first two chapter and a forward that King worte three month ago. Here it is: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/th......"

I must not read that. I'm already impatient enough. =\

Alondra | 341 comments Kevin wrote: "The people over at Tor, even posted a preview with the first two chapter and a forward that King worte three month ago. Here it is: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/th......"

Bless you for posting that link; now I am impatient like Becky!!! Ka-tet!! :)

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments Alondra wrote: "Kevin wrote: "The people over at Tor, even posted a preview with the first two chapter and a forward that King worte three month ago. Here it is: http://www.tor.com/stories/2011/12/th......"

Hey, its just something I notice on my daily visit to Tor.com. Glad to share the message with everything.

Rachel | 699 comments I don't like the cover, either. Besides not fitting with the rest of the series, the lettering reminds me of a children's series or something.

message 47: by Chris , The Hardcase (new) - rated it 3 stars

Chris  (haughtc) | 1010 comments Mod
I actually like that cover quite a bit.

As a cover. In and of itself. (I love tigers.)

But I agree that it doesn't seem to fit the with the rest of the series.

message 48: by Kevin (last edited Dec 19, 2011 06:41PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Kevin Xu (kxu65) | 219 comments I don't think the colors match the tone of the series.

Rachel | 699 comments The tiger looks cool, i think it's just the lettering and green that bother me.

Becky (Beckyofthe19and9) I don't like anything about it. I think it would be fine if that was the cover for one of the graphic novels, but for a book in the series? It just seems juvenile (I agree, Rachel) and... unfinished.

But the site says it's a "working" cover, so it's likely to change. I hope it does.

« previous 1 3 4
This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Wizard and Glass (other topics)
The Marriage Plot (other topics)
The Wind Through the Keyhole (other topics)