Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Challenges > 2011 April - June Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 366) (366 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8

message 1: by Stacy (new)

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 5022 comments Mod
Coming soon.....

message 2: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney | 1118 comments Oooooohhhhhhh look at you building up the excitement!!!

message 3: by Stacy (new)

I know ;)

message 4: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Awesome!

message 5: by Stacy (new)

Ok, here are the rules...

1. The challenge runs from April 1 – June 30, 2011
2. Anyone may join in at any time, and count any books read between April 1 and June 30. All participants must post their book list in this thread.
3. Books do not have to be specifically from Red Dress Ink.
4. You may only complete each task ONCE. Likewise, books may only count for ONE task.
5. To post points: Post the point value and number of the task you completed, as well as the book you read for the task. It also helps (me) to post your total points as well.
6. For multiple-book tasks: Books do not need to be read back-to-back, or in any specific order, but you must have read ALL the books for a task in order to be awarded points for it (no half points).
7. Audiobooks and e-books are acceptable to use for challenges, as long as they are the complete and unabridged versions.
8. Books started before April 1 may count for any task in the challenge, as long as you are no more than halfway through the book as of April 1.
9. You may change the books on your list at any time. Changing books for tasks already completed is NOT permitted.
10. Re-reads of books are okay, unless the task specifically says otherwise.
11. The first person to complete every task in the challenge is the winner. If no one completes every task in the challenge, then the people with the top 3 scores will be declared the winners.
12. Prizes for the top 3 finishers:
First Place – A $10 Amazon.com gift certificate
Second Place – Two credits from either BookMooch or Paperbackswap (your choice)
Third Place – A book from my posted books on Bookmooch or Paperbackswap

message 6: by Stacy (new)

Does anyone know if you can do e-gift certificates on Barnes & Noble's website like you can on Amazon's? I'd like to offer your choice on the first prize if it's possible since a lot of us have Nooks or Kindles.

message 7: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 500 comments Stacy wrote: "Does anyone know if you can do e-gift certificates on Barnes & Noble's website like you can on Amazon's? I'd like to offer your choice on the first prize if it's possible since a lot of us have Noo..."

Yep! Here's the link: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gift-ca...

message 8: by Stacy (new)

Awesome, thanks Nicole!

Ok, so a change to the prizes, first prize will be a $10 ecertificate for either Amazon or Barnes & Noble.

message 9: by Stacy (new)

5 pts
1. Springtime – Read a book with pastel colors on the cover
Ex. It’s a Kind of Magic – Carole Matthews, Love the One You’re With – Emily Giffin, Sweet Love – Sarah Strohmeyer
2. April Showers – Read a book with rain (or any other kind of water) on the cover
Ex. Loves Me, Loves Me Not – Libby Malin, Summer in the Land of Skin – Jody Gehrman, Special Relationship – Robyn Sisman
3. May Flowers – Read a book with a flower on the front
Ex. Dear Neighboor, Drop Dead – Saralee Rosenberg, If You Could See Me Now – Cecelia Ahern, The Goddess Rules – Clare Naylor
4. Plain Jane – Read a book with nothing but words on the cover (can have a very small picture)
Ex. Bling – Erica Kennedy, I Love the 80’s – Megan Crane, Carrie Pilby – Caren Lissner
5. Grey’s Anatomy - Read a book with a body part or body parts on it, but no more than half of a body on it
Ex. The Spinster Sisters – Stacey Ballis, Thin is the New Happy – Valerie Frankel, Frenemies – Megan Crane
6. Singles – Read a book with either one man or one woman on the cover
Ex. Slim Chance – Jackie Rose, Wanderlust – Chris Dyer, It’s About Your Husband – Lauren Lipton
7. Doubles – Read a book with either two women or two men on the cover
Ex. Eye to Eye – Grace Carol, The Mommy Fund – Madeline Jacobs, The Two Lives of Miss Charlotte Merryweather –Alexandra Potter
8. She’s/He’s My… - Read a book with two people on the cover that are related (parent/child, siblings, spouses, etc.)
Ex. The Atlas of Love – Laurie Frankel, The Perfect Couple? – Robyn Sisman, Husband and Wife – Leah Stewart
9. I Heart Shopping! – Read a book with something to do with shopping on the cover (store, money, credit card, purse, wallet, bags, etc.)
Ex. In the Red – Alexis Hall, How Not To Shop – Carmen Reid, The Gift Bag Chronicles – Hilary De Vries
10. Wedding Season – Read a book with a bride on the cover
Ex. Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married – Marian Keyes, Clearing the Aisle – Karen Schwartz, The Starter Marriage – Kate Harrison

10 pts
1. All Made Up - Read a book with the word “Makeup,” or a type of makeup in the title.
Ex. Apocalipstick – Sue Margolis, A Total Waste of Makeup – Kim Gruenenfelder, Lust, Loathing and a Little Lipgloss – Kyra Davis
2. What’s Your Sign? - Read a book whose title starts with the same letter as your Zodiac sign.
Ex. My zodiac sign is Virgo so I could read A Vintage Affair by Isabel Wolff or Vows, Vendettas and a Little Black Dress by Kyra Davis
3. United Nations – Read a book with a nationality in the title
Ex. American Wife – Curtis Stittenfeld, Irish Girls About Town – Various Authors, Italian For Beginners – Kristen Harmel
4. Promise Not To Tell? - Read a book with “Secret” in the title.
Ex. Secret Celebrity – Carol Wolper, The Secret of Joy – Melissa Senate, The Secret Lives of Fortunate Wives – Sarah Strohmeyer
5. Shoe Addict - Read a book with “Shoe” in the title or a type of shoes in the title.
Ex. Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes - Lauren Baratz-Logsted, Balancing in High Heels - Eileen Rendahl, Don’t Make Me Choose Between You and My Shoes - Dixie Cash
6. Bling! Bling! – Read a book with a type of jewel or the name of a piece of jewelry in the title
Ex. The Truth About Diamonds – Nicole Richie, Chasing Harry Winston – Lauren Weisberger, 24 Karat Kids – Judy Goldstein, the last two are a stretch but they work
7. Royal Flush – Read a book with one of the following royal words in the title: Queen, King, Princess, Prince, Majesty, Castle, Throne
Ex. –Meg Cabot’s Queen of Babble series, Princess of Park Avenue – Danielle Brodsky, Confessions of a Pregnant Princess – Swan Adamson
8. What The &^%$*? - Read a book with a symbol in the title (@, #, &)
Ex. Mike, Mike & Me – Wendy Markham, Love @ First Site – Jane Moore, Bachelorette #1 – Jennifer O’Connell
9. Averages – AprilMayJune is 12 letters, divide that by 3 months and you get 4. Read a book with a four-word title.
Ex. The Way We Were – Elizabeth Noble, Marrying Out of Money – Nicky Schmidt, Nancy’s Theory of Style – Grace Coopersmith
10. Two in One – Read a book with a sub-title but the sub-title cannot be, “A Novel.”
Ex. But Enough About Me: A Jersey Girl’s Unlikely Adventures Among the Absurdly Famous – Jancee Dunn, Confessions of a Demented Housewife: The Celebrity Year – Niamh Greene, Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered, Smart-Ass Phase – Jen Lancaster

message 10: by Stacy (last edited Jun 13, 2011 10:36AM) (new)

15 pts
1. Tried and New - Read a book by one of your favorite authors and a book by an author you’ve never read
2. Initially Speaking – Read two books whose authors share two of your initials (feel free to use maiden name and/or previous married name), doesn’t have to be the same author for both books.
EX. My initials are S.M.F. so I could read authors whose initials are S.M., S.F., M.S., M.F., F.S. or F.M.
3. Alpha & Omega – Pull up your Goodreads To-Read list and order it by author and read one book by the first author on your list and one by the author at the end of your list (keep going down or up until you get to an author that you have a book they’ve written if you do not wish to acquire new books or borrow from the library).
4. Don’t I Know You? - Read a book whose author has the same first name as a Goodreads friend and another book whose author has the same first name as someone in your family.

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I – read a book with a woman on the front that has the same color hair as you, read a book with me, myself or I in the title and read a book whose author shares one of your names
Ex. Heist Society (brown hair) – Ally Carter, How I Write – Janet Evanovich, My Fake Wedding – Mina Ford
2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert – read a book with a drink on the cover, read a book with a dinner food (or as close as you can get) on the cover, read a book with a desert on the cover
Ex. (drink) 4% Famous – Deborah Schoeneman, (dinner) Luscious Lemon – Heather Swain, (desert) Icing on the Cake – Laura Castoro
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – Read three books, each one has to have a title that references something to do with morning, afternoon and evening. One book for morning, one for afternoon and one for evening.
Ex. (Morning) Breakfast at Stephanie’s – Sue Margolis, (Afternoon....well, close enough) The Best Day of Someone Else’s Life – Kerry Reichs, (Evening) Late Night Talking – Leslie Schnur
4. 4, 5, and 6 - Read a book by an author that has only published four, five or six books (do not count books re-published in different countries/languages, collaborated works or short stories), read a book that was published in April, May or June, read a book by an RDI author published in 2004, 2005 or 2006.
Ex. Emily Giffin has published five books, I Did (But I Wouldn’t Now) – Cara Lockwood was published in May, Monkey Business – Sarah Mlynowski was published in 2004

40 books
310 points

message 11: by Stacy (last edited Jun 29, 2011 06:05AM) (new)

My list:

5 pts
1. Springtime – Sweet Love - Sarah Strohmeyer (April)
2. April Showers – Summer in the Land of Skin – Jody Gerhman
3. May Flowers – If You Were Here - Jen Lancaster (May)
4. Plain Jane – Stop Pre-Diabetes Now – Jack Challum, Ron Hunninghake
5. Grey’s Anatomy - Barbie & Ruth – Robin Gerber
6. Singles – So 5 Minutes Ago – Hilary De Vries
7. Doubles – The Mommy Fund – Madeline Jacob
8. She’s/He’s My… - Like Mother, Like Daughter – Jane Sigaloff
9. I Heart Shopping! – Spent: Memoirs of a Shopping Addict – Avis Cardella
10. Wedding Season – Questions to Ask Before Marrying (June)
Summer In The Land Of Skin (Red Dress Ink) by Jody Gehrman Stop Prediabetes Now  The Ultimate Plan to Lose Weight and Prevent Diabetes by Jack Challem Barbie and Ruth  The Story of the World's Most Famous Doll and the Woman Who Created Her by Robin Gerber So 5 Minutes Ago  by Hilary De Vries The Mommy Fund by Madeleine K. Jacob Like Mother, Like Daughter (Red Dress Ink) by Jane Sigaloff Spent  Memoirs of a Shopping Addict by Avis Cardella

10 pts
1. All Made Up – A Total Waste of Makeup – Kim Gruenenfelder (April)
2. What’s Your Sign? – Virgo = A Vintage Affair – Isabel Rose (June)
3. United Nations – Italian For Beginners – Kristen Harmel
4. Promise Not To Tell? – Secrets of My Hollywood Life – Jen Calonita (June)
5. Shoe Addict – Spooky Little Girl - Laurie Notaro
6. Bling! Bling! – Summer at Tiffany – Marjorie Hart
7. Royal Flush – The Little Lady Agency and the Prince – Hester Browne
8. What The &^%$*? – Love @ First Site – Jane Moore
9. Averages – Frankenstein: The Dead Town - Dean Koontz
10. Two in One – Pretty in Plaid: A Life, a Witch, and a Wardrobe, or, the Wonder Years Before the Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered, Smart-Ass Phase – Jen Lancaster (April)
Italian for Beginners (Little Black Dress) by Kristin Harmel Summer at Tiffany by Marjorie Hart The Little Lady Agency and the Prince by Hester Browne Love @ First Site by Jane Moore

15 pts
1. Tried and New – (Tried) With or Without You - Carole Matthew (April) & (New) The Glamorous Double Life of Isabel Bookbinder – Holly McQueen (May)
2. Initially Speaking – Monkey Business – Sarah Mlynowski (My initials are SMF) (April) & The Breakup Club – Melissa Senate (April)
3. Alpha & Omega – Household Guide to Dying – Debra Adelaide & Couch World – Cathy Yardley
4. Don’t I Know You? – (GR Friend – Jen B.) My Fair Lazy – Jen Lancaster (May) & (Kim - cousin) Misery Loves Cabernet – Kim Gruenenfelder (April)
The Household Guide to Dying by Debra Adelaide Couch World (Red Dress Ink) by Cathy Yardley

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I – (Brown hair) Size Eight in a Size Zero World – Meredith Cagen, She, Myself & I – Whitney Gaskell, My Fake Wedding – Mina Ford
2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert – (drinks) Spanish Disco – Erica Orloff, (dinner) Luscious Lemon – Heather Swain, By Invitation Only – Jodi Della Femina
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – (Morning) Breakfast at Stephanie’s – Sue Margolis, (Afternoon…close enough) The Best Day of Someone Else’s Life – Kerry Reichs, (Evening) Late Night Talking – Leslie Schnur
4. 4, 5, and 6 – (6 books published) Sex, Murder and a Double Latte – Kyra Davis, (April) (Published in April) Thanks for the Memories – Cecelia Ahern, (Published 2006) (April/May), Tales of a Drama Queen - Lee Nichols (May/June)
Size Eight In A Size Zero World by Meredith Cagen My Fake Wedding (Red Dress Ink) by Mina Ford She, Myself & I by Whitney Gaskell Spanish Disco (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback)) by Erica Orloff Luscious Lemon by Heather Swain By Invitation Only by Jodi Della Femina Breakfast at Stephanie's by Sue Margolis The Best Day of Someone Else's Life by Kerry Reichs Late Night Talking  A Novel by Leslie Schnur

18/40 books
145/310 points

message 12: by Leah (new)

Leah (LeahMichelle) Ooh yay, a new challenge. I totally failed Jan-March so this time going to really think about the books to choose and put in any I know I'll get during that time! :) Will get my list up later.

Stacy you're so fab doing all these cool challenges for us!

message 13: by Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) (last edited Jun 26, 2011 08:44PM) (new)

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 543 comments My list, not complete, but a work in progress.

5pts
1. Springtime- Skipping a Beat, Sarah Pekkanen
2. April Showers- Ghellow Road, TH Waters
3. May Flowers- Forget Her Nots by Amy Brecount White
4. Plain Jane- Dreams Unleashed, Linda Hawley
5. Grey's Anatomy- Confessions of a First Daughter, Cassidy Calloway
6. Singles- Decision Points, George Bush
7. Doubles- Life's a Beach, Claire Cook
8. She's/He's My. . .- Bright Before Us, Katie Arnold-Ratliff
9. I Heart Shopping!- Keep the Change, Steve Dublanica
10. Wedding Season- Declaring Spinsterhood, Jamie Lynn Braziel
Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen Ghellow Road by T.H. Waters Forget-Her-Nots by Amy Brecount White Dreams Unleashed (The Prophecies) by Linda Hawley Confessions of a First Daughter by Cassidy Calloway Decision Points by George W. Bush Life's a Beach by Claire Cook Bright Before Us (A Tin House New Voice) by Katie Arnold-Ratliff Keep the Change by Steve Dublanica Declaring Spinsterhood by Jamie Lynn Braziel

10pts
1. All Made Up- Lipstick Jungle, Candace Bushnell
2. What's Your Sign?- The Love Market, Carol Mason
3. United Nations- American Wife, Curtis Sittenfeld
4. Promise Not to Tell?- Secrets of a First Daughter, Cassidy Calloway
5. Shoe Addict-Stilettos & Scoundrels, Laina Turner-Molaski
6. Bling! Bling!- The Secret Society of the Pink Crystal Ball, Risa Green
7. Royal Flush- The Ice Queen, Alice Hoffman
8. What the %^&*?- Wear This, Toss That!, Amy E Goodman
9. Averages- My One and Only, Kristan Higgins
10. Two in One- I'm Kind of a Big Deal: And Other Delusions of Adequacy, Stefanie Wilde-Taylor

15pts
1. Tried and New- Tried: Safe Haven, Nicholas Sparks
New: Minding Ben, Victoria Brown
2. Initially Speaking- Don't Breathe a Word, Jennifer McMahon
The Kitchen Daughter, Jael McHenry
3. Alpha & Omega- First:
Last:
4. Don't I Know You?- Goodreads: Bumped, Megan McCafferty
Family: The Help, Kathryn Stockett

25pts
1. Me, Myself & I- Where She Went, Gayle Forman
If I Stay, Gayle Forman
Rally 'Round Green, Judy Christie
2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert- Drinks: The Martini Diet, Jennifer Sander
Dinner: Love, Life and Linguine, Melissa Jacobs
Desert: The Divorce Party, Laura Dave
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening- Morning, Noon & Night, Sidney Sheldon
The Ten Best Days of My Life, Adena Halpern
The 10 P.M. Question, Kate de Goldi
4. 4, 5, and 6- Ordinary Beauty, Laura Weiss
Between Here and Forever, Elizabeth Scott
Me vs Me, Sarah Mlynowski

245/360 points
32/40 books

message 14: by Stacy (new)

Thanks Leah, I worry that I'm running out of ideas. Not sure what I'll do for the next one after this. I may have everyone help with it.

Kristin - LMAO, that's hilarious!! I agree with you about the weather though. The wind is blowing so hard, it is positively freezing outside!!!

message 15: by Tara (new)

Tara | 1676 comments Stacy wrote: "Thanks Leah, I worry that I'm running out of ideas. Not sure what I'll do for the next one after this. I may have everyone help with it.

Kristin - LMAO, that's hilarious!! I agree with you abou..."

Just wait until this coming week when it's 60 Stacy!

message 16: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (Diva2416) | 752 comments Yay awesome challenge. Thanks Stacy!

message 17: by Kourtney (last edited May 31, 2011 04:43PM) (new)

Kourtney | 1118 comments Yippiee!!!

5 pts
1. Springtime – Princess in Pink by Meg Cabot
2. April Showers – The Sex Was Great But... by Tyne O’Connell
3. May Flowers – Match Point by Erynn Mangum
4. Plain Jane – Room by Emma Donoghue
5. Grey’s Anatomy – Love and Other Natural Disasters by Holly Shumas
6. Singles – Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain
7. Doubles – The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen
8. She’s/He’s My… - Class Mothers by Katherine Stewart
9. I Heart Shopping! – In The Red by Alexis Hall
10. Wedding Season – Lucy Sullivan is Getting Married by Marian Keyes

10 pts
1. All Made Up – Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
2. What’s Your Sign? – Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (Cancer)
3. United Nations – Italian for Beginners by Kristen Harmel
4. Promise Not To Tell? – Secret Lives of Husbands and Wives by Josie Brown
5. Shoe Addict - Balancing in High Heels by Eileen Rendahl
6. Bling! Bling! – The Truth About Diamonds – Nicole Richie
7. Royal Flush – Queen Takes King by Gigi Levangie Grazer
8. What The &^%$*? - Fendi, Ferragamo, & Fangs by Julie Kenner (etc)
9. Averages – The Transformation of Things by Jillian Cantor
10. Two in One – No Angel: My Harrowing Undercover Journey to the Inner Circle of the Hells Angels by Jay Dobyns

15 pts
1. Tried and New – A Desirable Residence by Madeleine Wickham and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
2. Initially Speaking – The Brightest Star in the Sky and This Charming Man by Marian Keyes
3. Alpha & Omega – The Stepmother by Carrie Adams and A Girl’s Best Friend by Elizabeth Young
4. Don’t I Know You? – Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins and Little Earthquakes by Jennifer Weiner (sister)

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I – The Rest of Her Life by Laura Moriarty, I Don’t Care About Your Band by Julie Klausner, and The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants by Ann Brashares
2. Drinks, Dinner & Dessert – Rematch by Erynn Mangum, Confessions of a Nervous Shiksa by Tracy McArdle, Pushing 30 by Whitney Gaskill
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – Meeting Your Half-Orange by Amy Spencer, The Best Day of Someone Else’s Life by Kerry Reichs, and Friday Nights by Joanna Trollope
4. 4, 5, and 6 – Remind Me Again Why I Need a Man by Claudia Carroll (published 6 books), Miss Match by Erynn Mangum (April), Hating Valentine’s Day by Allison Rushby (2006)

7/40 books
35/360 points

message 18: by Jencey/ (new)

Jencey/ (Jencey) | 585 comments Kourtney wrote: "Yippiee!!! This space reserved for my list :D"

You are too funny! :)

message 19: by Jencey/ (last edited Jun 28, 2011 06:15AM) (new)

Jencey/ (Jencey) | 585 comments My List's home will be right here and here it is:

5 pts

2. April Showers – The Descandents Kaui Hemming
4. Plain Jane –A Short History Of Women by Kate Walbert
8. She’s/He’s My… - The Hesitant Hero by Gilbert Morris
9. I Heart Shopping! – Back to Life by Kristin Billerbeck
10. Wedding Season – Wedding Girl by Madeline Wickham

The Descendants  A Novel by Kaui Hart Hemmings [image error] The Hesitant Hero  1940 (House of Winslow) by Gilbert Morris The Wedding Girl by Madeleine Wickham

10 pts

1. All Made Up - A Total Waste Of Makeup by Kim Gruenfelder
3. United Nations –American Girls About Town by Various Authors
4. Promise Not To Tell? – A Christmas Secret by Donna Vandeliere
5. Shoe Addict - Will Write For Shoes by Cathy Yardley
7. Royal Flush – The White Queen by Phillipa Gregory
8. What The &^%$*? – Calm, Cool, & Adjusted by Kristin Billerbeck
A Total Waste of Makeup (Charlize Edwards, #1) by Kim Gruenenfelder American Girls About Town  They're Not Just the Girls Next Door.... by Jennifer Weiner
The Christmas Secret (Christmas Hope, #5) by Donna VanLiere Will Write for Shoes  How to Write a Chick Lit Novel by Cathy Yardley The White Queen by Philippa Gregory Calm, Cool, and Adjusted by Kristin Billerbeck

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I – Mr. Darcy’s Daughter by Elizabeth Aston (brown hair color), I Heart Bloomburg by Melody Carlson, Eve’s Daughter Lynn Austin ( My middle name is Lynn)

2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert – Savor The Moment by Nora Roberts (Cake)

3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – Friday Mornings At Nine by Marilyn Brant (Morning), Enchanted Afternoon by Susan Wiggs (Afternoon), Fade to Midnight by Shannon McKenna (Evening),

4. 4, 5, and 6 - , Slightly Single by Wendy Markham

Mr. Darcy's Daughters  A Novel by Elizabeth Aston I Heart Bloomberg (86 Bloomberg Place series #1) by Melody Carlson Eve's Daughters by Lynn Austin Savor the Moment by Nora Roberts Friday Mornings at Nine by Marilyn Brant Enchanted Afternoon by Susan Wiggs Fade To Midnight (McClouds & Friends, #7) by Shannon McKenna Slightly Single (Slightly, #1) by Wendy Markham

Finished
5 points

1. Springtime –Breaking Even by Kathleen Kole

3. May Flowers – Bridesmaid Lotto by Rachel Astor

5. Grey’s Anatomy – The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax

6. Singles – Very Valentine by Adriana Trigaini

7. Doubles – Freedom's Stand by Jeanette Windle

Very Valentine by Adriana Trigiani Breaking Even by Kathleen Kole Bridesmaid Lotto by Rachel Astor The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy  Wax Freedom's Stand by Jeanette Windle

10 points
2. What’s Your Sign? – Lagan Love by Peter Murphy

6. Bling! Bling! – Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

9. Averages – Click: An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker

10. Two in One – Holly's Inbox Ever wanted a peek at someone else's emails

Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham LAGAN LOVE by Peter Murphy Click  An Online Love Story by Lisa Becker Silver Girl by Elin Hilderbrand

15 points
1. Tried and New – Shadow Dance by Julie Garwood, Here, Home, Hope by Kaira Rouda

2. Initially Speaking – JLG A Most Wanted Man by John Lecare (JL), Second Chances by Jane Green (JG)

3. Alpha & Omega –Castles by Julie Garwood, Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews

4. Don’t I Know You? – Oklahoma Weddings by Cathy Marie Hake ( GR Friend Cathy), The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer ( Sister Sarah)

Shadow Dance (Buchanan, #6) by Julie Garwood Here, Home, Hope by Kaira Rouda A Most Wanted Man by John Le Carré Second Chance by Jane Green Castles (Crown's Spies, #4) by Julie Garwood] The Cinderella Pact by Sarah Strohmeyer Summer Rental by Mary Kay Andrews Oklahoma Weddings  In His Will/Through His Grace/By His Hand (Heartsong Novella Collection) by Cathy Marie Hake

25 points

2. Breaking The Worry Free Habit by Elizabeth George( fruit), Moonlight Cove by Sherrly Woods (drink),

5, Recovery by Alexandrea Weis, Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen

Recovery by Alexandrea Weis Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen Breaking the Worry Habit...Forever!  Gods Plan for Lasting Peace of Mind by Elizabeth George Moonlight Cove (Chesapeake Shores, #6) by Sherryl Woods

Points= 125/360

books= 21/40

message 20: by Tara (last edited Jun 27, 2011 05:40PM) (new)

Tara | 1676 comments 5 Pts

1. Springtime-Pretty in Plaid-Jen Lancaster
2. April Showers-Demonglass-Rachel Hawkins
3. May Flowers-Torn-Amanda Hocking
4. Plain Jane-Bumped-Megan McCafferty
5. Grey's Anatomy-Such a Pretty Fat-Jen Lancaster
6. Singles-The Peach Keeper-Sarah Addison Allen
7. Doubles-Pretty Little Liars-Sara Sheppard
8. She's/He's My-Two Kisses for Maddy-Matthew Logelin
9. I Heart Shopping-Bright Lights, Big Ass-Jen Lancaster
10. Wedding Season-Marrying Daisy Bellamy
Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes (Red Dress Ink) by Lauren Baratz-Logsted Barefoot by Elin Hilderbrand Forget Me Knot by Sue Margolis Carrie Pilby (Red Dress Ink (Numbered Paperback)) by Caren Lissner Confessions of a Beauty Addict by Nadine Haobsh Mr. Maybe by Jane Green Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars #1) by Sara Shepard Like Mother, Like Daughter (Red Dress Ink) by Jane Sigaloff Princess of Park Avenue by Daniella Brodsky Exes and Ohs by Beth Kendrick

10 Pts

1. All Made Up-Bulletproof Mascara-Bethany Maines
2. What's Your Sign-Such a Pretty Face-Cathy Lamb
3. United Nations-Italian for Beginners-Kristin Harmel
4. Promise Not to Tell-Secret Celebrity-Carol Wolper
5. Shoe Addict-Shoe Addicts Anonymous-Beth Harbison
6. Bling-Chasing Harry Winston-Lauren Weisberger
7. Royal Flush-The Princess Diaries-Give Me Five-Meg Cabot
8. What The &^%&*?-Mike, MIke & Me-Wendy Markham
9. Averages-Beauty Shop for Rent-Laura Bowers
10. Two in One-Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a Condescending.......

Bulletproof Mascara  A Novel by Bethany Maines Coffee And Kung Fu by Karen Brichoux Italian for Beginners by Kristin Harmel Secret Celebrity by Carol Wolper Shoe Addicts Anonymous  by Beth Harbison Chasing Harry Winston by Lauren Weisberger Give Me Five (The Princess Diaries, #5) by Meg Cabot Mike, Mike & Me (Red Dress Ink) by Wendy Markham You Could Do Better by Stephanie Lehmann Bitter is the New Black   Confessions of a Condescending, Egomaniacal, Self-Centered Smartass, Or, Why You Should Never Carry A Prada Bag to the Unemployment Office by Jen Lancaster

15 Pts

1. Tried and New-Sweet Valley Confidential:Ten Years Later-Francine Pascal, Switched-Amanda Hocking
2. Initially Speaking-Lost and Found-Jacqueline Sheehan (J.S.), Burnt Toast-Terri Hatcher (T.H.)
3. Alpha & Omega-A Little Change of Face-Lauren Baratz-Logstead, Diary of a Mom To-Be-Laura Wolf
4. Don't I know you?-My Fair Lazy-Jen Lancaster, The Glamorous Double Life of Isabel Bookkbinder-Holly McQueen (My sister-in-laws name is Holly)
Sweet Valley Confidential  Ten Years Later by Francine Pascal Babyface (Red Dress Ink) by Fiona Gibson Lost & Found by Jacqueline Sheehan Burnt Toast  And Other Philosophies of Life by Teri Hatcher A Little Change of Face (Red Dress Ink Novels) by Lauren Baratz-Logsted Diary of a Mad Mom-to-Be by Laura Wolf Sleeping Over (Red Dress Ink) by Stacey Ballis The Glamorous (Double) Life of Isabel Bookbinder by Holly McQueen

25 Pts

1. Me, Myself & I-The Go-To Girl-Louise Bagshawe (brown hair), Winter Bloom-Tara Heavey, If I Stay-Gayle Forman
2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert-The Reading Group-Elizabeth Noble (Drinks), Sweet Love-Sarah Strohmeyer (Desert), Mafia Chic-Erica Orloff
3. Morning, Afternoon, Evening-Sweet Tea at Sunrise-Sherryl Woods (morning), The Ten Best Days of My Life-Adena Halpern (Afternoon), Night Road-Kristin Hannah (Evening)
4. 4, 5 and 6-The Pact-Jennifer Sturman (2004), The Other Women-Jane Green (June), If You Were Here-Jen Lancaster (6 books published)

The Go-To Girl by Louise Bagshawe Winter Bloom by Tara Heavey Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie The Reading Group by Elizabeth Noble Sweet Love by Sarah Strohmeyer Mafia Chic (Red Dress Ink) by Erica Orloff Sweet Tea at Sunrise (The Sweet Magnolias #6) by Sherryl Woods On A Snowy Night (Mira) by Debbie Macomber The Ten Best Days of My Life by Adena Halpern The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1) by Jennifer Sturman The Other Woman by Jane Green Not Tonight Honey, Wait 'Til I'm a Size Six by Susan Reinhardt

27/40 Books
170/310 Points

message 21: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney | 1118 comments Stacy wrote: "Thanks Leah, I worry that I'm running out of ideas. Not sure what I'll do for the next one after this. I may have everyone help with it.

Maybe you should do a "rewind challenge" where you pull up one of the old school ones we did way back when, or take bits and pieces of all of the old ones and turn the old into new...

message 22: by Kristine (new)

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments Thanks Stacey!! Have a terrific vacation!

message 23: by Stacy (new)

Tara wrote: "Just wait until this coming week when it's 60 Stacy!"

I know!!! FINALLY! What a relief!

message 24: by Stacy (new)

Alicia wrote: "Yay awesome challenge. Thanks Stacy!"

Thanks Alicia! You're welcome! :)

message 25: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Yippiee!!! This space reserved for my list :D"

LMAO!

message 26: by Stacy (new)

Jencey wrote: "My List's home will be right here."

You guys are hilarious!

message 27: by Stacy (last edited Mar 12, 2011 08:28PM) (new)

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Thanks Leah, I worry that I'm running out of ideas. Not sure what I'll do for the next one after this. I may have everyone help with it.

Maybe you should do a "rewind challenge" w..."

You know what? I like that idea a lot. I think I might look into that. Thanks Kourt!

message 28: by Stacy (new)

Kristine wrote: "Thanks Stacey!! Have a terrific vacation!"

You're welcome! And thank you, I will! :) Can't wait, only 18 more days!!!

message 29: by Stacy (new)

Tara wrote: "5 Pts

1. Springtime-Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes-Lauren Baratz-Logsted
2. April Showers-Barefoot-Elin Hilderbrand
3. May Flowers-Forget Me Knot-Sue Margolis
4. Plain Jane-Carrie Pilby-Caren Lisn..."

Who do you know named Stacy??

LMAO!!!!

message 30: by Jen B (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) Fun! I'm going to play, too! I've sat out the last couple, and I kinda miss these. :)

message 31: by Tara (new)

Tara | 1676 comments Stacy wrote: "Tara wrote: "5 Pts

1. Springtime-Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes-Lauren Baratz-Logsted
2. April Showers-Barefoot-Elin Hilderbrand
3. May Flowers-Forget Me Knot-Sue Margolis
4. Plain Jane-Carri..."

Not sure but I think she is quit air-headed!!! LMAO!! JK :)

message 32: by Stacy (new)

Jen B wrote: "Fun! I'm going to play, too! I've sat out the last couple, and I kinda miss these. :)"

Great Jen! It'll be great to have you back!

message 33: by Stacy (new)

Tara wrote: "Not sure but I think she is quit air-headed!!! LMAO!! JK :)

Gee, thanks. ;)

message 34: by Nicole (last edited Jun 30, 2011 01:10PM) (new)

Nicole (nicole21) | 500 comments 5 pts
1. Springtime: The Baby Planner by Josie Brown
2. April Showers: The Girl Who Stopped Swimming by Joshilyn Jackson
3. May Flowers: Here, Home, Hope by Kaira Rouda
4. Plain Jane: Delirium by Lauren Oliver
5. Grey’s Anatomy: Shiver of Fear by Roxanne St. Claire
6. Singles: All Eyes on Her by Poonam Sharma
7. Doubles: Eye to Eye by Grace Carol
8. She’s/He’s My…: Like Mother, Like Daughter by Jane Sigaloff
9. I Heart Shopping!: Spent by Avis Cardella
10. Wedding Season:

10 pts
1. All Made Up:
2. What’s Your Sign?: (Cancer) A Clean Slate by Laura Caldwell
3. United Nations:
4. Promise Not To Tell?: The Secret Life of Damian Spinelli by Carolyn Hennesy
5. Shoe Addict: The Gap Year by Sarah Bird
6. Bling! Bling!:
7. Royal Flush: The Princess-In-Training Manual/Divas Don’t Fake It by Jacqueline de Soignee and Erica Orloff
8. What The &^%$*?: Chocolate & Vicodin by Jennette Fulda
9. Averages: The Violets of March by Sarah Jio
10. Two in One: Redemption: A Story of Sisterhood, Survival, and Finding Freedom Behind Bars by Stacey Lannert

15 pts
1. Tried & New: (tried)Heartless by Sara Shepard & (new)Love You More by Lisa Gardner
2. Initially Speaking: (NJR) Marrying Up by Jackie Rose & Methland by Nick Reding
3. Alpha & Omega: PS, I Love You by Cecilia Ahren & Cum Laude by Cecily von Ziegesar
4. Don’t I Know You?: (friend) Memoirs of a Widowed Mistress by Megan van Eyck & (family) The Goodbye Quilt by Susan Wiggs

25 pts
1. Me, myself, & I: (brown hair) Wanted by Sara Shepard; All My Life by Susan Lucci; & Great House by Nicole Krauss
2. Drinks, Dinner, & Dessert: Kat, Incorrigible by Stephanie Burgis (drinks); The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry (dinner); and (dessert) Recipe for Disaster by Maureen Fergus
3. Morning, Afternoon, & Evening: (morning) (afternoon); and (evening) Beneath a Starlet Sky by Amanda Goldberg and Ruthanna Khalighi Hopper
4. 4, 5, & 6: (5 books) Love Always by Harriet Evans; (April) In Zanesville by Jo Ann Beard; &(RDI 2004) The Last Year of Being Married by Sarah Tucker

message 35: by Stacy (new)

Nicole wrote: "5 pts
1. Springtime:
2. April Showers:
3. May Flowers:
4. Plain Jane:
5. Grey’s Anatomy:
6. Singles:
7. Doubles:
8. She’s/He’s My…:
9. I Heart Shopping!:
10. Wedding Season:

10 pts
1. All..."

Ooh, Scot on the Rocks and Jack with a Twist were great books!!!

message 36: by Alicia (last edited Jun 30, 2011 09:59AM) (new)

Alicia (Diva2416) | 752 comments 5 pts
1. Springtime – The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks, Rebecca Skloot 6/17/11
2. April Showers – Barefoot, Elin Hildebrand
3. May Flowers – 25. My Appetite for Destruction: Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N’ Roses, Steven Adler 5/30/11
4. Plain Jane – The Carrie Diaries, Candace Bushnell 4/2/11
5. Grey’s Anatomy - Sweet Valley Confidential, Francine Pascal 4/6/11
6. Singles – Bossypants, Tina Fey 6/11/11
7. Doubles –
8. She’s/He’s My… -
9. I Heart Shopping! –
10. Wedding Season

10 pts
1. All Made Up - Lipstick Jungle, Candace Bushnell 6/30/11
2. What’s Your Sign? - The Clique, Lisi Harrison 6/14/11 (Taurus)
3. United Nations –
4. Promise Not To Tell? -
5. Shoe Addict -
6. Bling! Bling! –
7. Royal Flush –
8. What The &^%$*?: Me & Emma, Elizabeth Flock 4/19/11
9. Averages –Heart Of The Matter, Emily Giffin 4/25/11
10. Two in One: Is It Just Me?: Or Is It Nuts Out There?, Whoopi Goldberg 4/12/11

15 pts
1. Tried and New - The Weed That Strings The Hangman's Bag, Alan Bradley 5/3/11 & Misery, Stephen King 5/25/11
2. Initially Speaking –
3. Alpha & Omega –
4. Don’t I Know You? - If You Were Here: A Novel, Jen Lancaster 5/29/11 & Big Trouble, Dave Barry 6/13/11

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I –
2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert –
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening –

14/40 books
105/310 points

The Carrie Diaries (The Carrie Diaries, #1) by Candace Bushnell Sweet Valley Confidential  Ten Years Later by Francine Pascal Is It Just Me?  Or is it nuts out there? by Whoopi Goldberg Me & Emma by Elizabeth Flock Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin The Weed That Strings the Hangman's Bag (Flavia de Luce, #2) by Alan Bradley Misery by Stephen King If You Were Here  A Novel by Jen Lancaster My Appetite for Destruction  Sex, and Drugs, and Guns N' Roses by Steven Adler Bossypants by Tina Fey Big Trouble by Dave Barry The Clique (The Clique, #1) by Lisi Harrison The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell

message 37: by Ashley (last edited Jun 14, 2011 07:45PM) (new)

Ashley 5 pts
1. Springtime – Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell
2. April Showers – Life of Pi by Yann Martell
3. May Flowers – The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella
4. Plain Jane –
5. Grey’s Anatomy - The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
6. Singles – The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy Wax
7. Doubles –
8. She’s/He’s My… -
9. I Heart Shopping! –
10. Wedding Season

10 pts
1. All Made Up -
2. What’s Your Sign? - (Sagittarius) A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White
3. United Nations –
4. Promise Not To Tell? -
5. Shoe Addict -
6. Bling! Bling! –
7. Royal Flush – Cranberry Queen by Kathleen DeMarco
8. What The &^%$*? -
9. Averages –
10. Two in One – Holly's Inbox: Scandal in the City by Holly Denham

15 pts
1. Tried and New - Tried: Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah, New: The Quiet Game by Greg Iles
2. Initially Speaking –
3. Alpha & Omega – Alpha: TBD, Omega: TBD
4. Don’t I Know You? - GR Friend: A Dose of Murder by Lori Avocato, Family: Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I –
Hair:
Me, Myself or I: You Made Me Love You by Joanna Goodman
Same Name:
4. 4,5,6 -
Author Published 5 Books: Knit Two by Kate Jacobs
Published in April, May, June: The Department of Lost & Found by Allison Winn Scotch (May)
RDI- 2004, 2005, 2006:

14/40 books
75/310 points
The Book Thief by Markus Zusak Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell Knit Two by Kate Jacobs Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White The Quiet Game (Penn Cage, #1) by Greg Iles The Department of Lost & Found by Allison Winn Scotch The Undomestic Goddess by Sophie Kinsella Holly's Inbox by Holly Denham You Made Me Love You by Joanna Goodman Holly's Inbox  Scandal in the City by Holly Denham Life of Pi by Yann Martel A Dose of Murder (Pauline Sokol, #1) by Lori Avocato The Accidental Bestseller by Wendy  Wax

message 38: by Becky (last edited Jun 22, 2011 04:53PM) (new)

Becky | 59 comments I have sat out the past few challenges... I am really excited to start this one. Thanks Stacey...

5 pts
1. Springtime – Miranda's Big Mistake
2. April Showers – The One That I Want
3. May Flowers – Remember Me? 5/10/2011
4. Plain Jane – Eat, Pray, Love
5. Grey’s Anatomy - Love Walked In 5/3/2011
6. Singles – The Last Summer 6/8/2011
7. Doubles – The Opposite of Me
8. She’s/He’s My… - Not My Daughter
9. I Heart Shopping! – The Smart One and the Pretty One 4/14/2011
10. Wedding Season - Happy Ever After 4/4/2011

Miranda's Big Mistake by Jill Mansell The One That I Want by Allison Winn Scotch Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert Love Walked In by Marisa de los Santos The Last Summer (of You and Me) by Ann Brashares The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen Not My Daughter by Barbara Delinsky The Smart One and the Pretty One by Claire LaZebnik Happy Ever After (Bride Quartet, #4) by Nora Roberts

10 pts
1. All Made Up - Lipstick Jungle
2. What’s Your Sign? - Taurus:To Have and to Hold 6/2/2011
3. United Nations – Italian for Beginners
4. Promise Not To Tell? - Can You Keep a Secret? 4/6/2011
5. Shoe Addict - The Devil Wears Prada 6/22/2011
6. Bling! Bling! – Arm Candy
7. Royal Flush –
Tales Of A Drama Queen
8. What The &^%$*? - Bachelorette #1
9. Averages – Heart of the Matter 5/23/2011
10. Two in One – Such a Pretty Fat: One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer 4/25/2011
Lipstick Jungle by Candace Bushnell
To Have and to Hold by Jane Green Italian for Beginners (Little Black Dress) by Kristin Harmel Can You Keep a Secret? by Sophie Kinsella The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger Arm Candy by Jill Kargman Tales Of A Drama Queen by Lee Nichols Bachelorette #1 by Jennifer O'Connell Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin Such a Pretty Fat  One Narcissist's Quest to Discover if Her Life Makes Her Ass Look Big, or Why Pie is Not the Answer by Jen Lancaster

15 pts
1. Tried and New -
Tried:Safe Haven
New:Who Loves You Best
Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks Who Loves You Best by Tess Stimson

2. Initially Speaking – R.D.S.
Just Friends
A Soft Place to Land
Just Friends by Robyn Sisman A Soft Place to Land by Susan Rebecca White

3. Alpha & Omega –
First: Ahem, Cecelia- PS, I Love You
Last: Winston, Lolly- Good Grief
PS, I Love You by Cecelia Ahern Good Grief by Lolly Winston

4. Don’t I Know You? -
Lauren (sister):Sweet Little Lies 4/13/2011
Courtney: Commencement 5/10/2011
Sweet Little Lies (L.A. Candy, #2) by Lauren Conrad Commencement  by J. Courtney Sullivan

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I –
a. Brunette: Sundays at Tiffany's 5/12/2011
b. I: What I Did for Love 5/17/2011
c. Rebecca: The Marriage Diaries: A Novel 5/24/2011
Sundays at Tiffany's by James Patterson
What I Did for Love by Susan Elizabeth Phillips The Marriage Diaries  A Novel by Rebecca Campbell

Drinks:Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea
Dinner:I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti
Dessert:Savor the Moment
Are You There Vodka? It's Me, Chelsea by Chelsea Handler I Loved, I Lost, I Made Spaghetti by Giulia Melucci Savor the Moment (Bride Quartet, #3) by Nora Roberts

Morning:Tall Skinny Cappuccino
Afternoon:Let's Do Lunch
Evening:Goodnight Nobody
Tall Skinny Cappuccino by Kimberly Huff Let's Do Lunch by K.A. Jordan Goodnight Nobody by Jennifer Weiner

4. 4,5,6
Author Published 4 Books: Allison Pace (4) Pug Hill
Published in April, May, June: May 2010: Life After Yes: A Novel
PDI- 2004, 2005, 2006: 2006:The Breakup Club
Pug Hill by Alison Pace Life After Yes by Aidan Donnelley Rowley The Breakup Club (Red Dress Ink) by Melissa Senate

15/40 books
115/360 points

message 39: by Stacy (new)

Becky wrote: "I have sat out the past few challenges... I am really excited to start this one. Thanks Stacey...

5 pts
1. Springtime – The Starter Wife
2. April Showers – [book:Fly Away Hom..."

You're welcome! Glad to have you join in again! :)

message 40: by Stacy (new)

Jencey wrote: "My List's home will be right here and here it is:

5 pts

1. Springtime –The Widow’s Choice by Gilbert Morris
2. April Showers – The Descandents Kaui Hemming
3. May Flowers – From This Day ..."

The Cinderella Pact - that was a good one!

message 41: by Jen B (last edited Jun 23, 2011 09:38AM) (new)

Jen B (jennybee618) Here's my list:

5 Points
1. Springtime: The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie - Alan Bradley (05.15.11)
2. April Showers: The Invisible Bridge - Julie Orringer
3. May Flowers: The Peach Keeper - Sarah Addison Allen (04.04.11)
4. Plain Jane: Sharp Objects - Gillian Flynn
5. Grey’s Anatomy: Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close - Jonathan Safran Foer (hand) (06.06.11)
6. Singles: Mistress of Rome - Kate Quinn(single woman on cover)
7. Doubles: The Last Summer (Of You and Me) - Ann Brashares (05.08.11)
8. She’s/He’s My…: Vince and Joy - Lisa Jewell (we'll say they're related...)
9. I Heart Shopping!: English As A Second Language - Megan Crane (she's carrying a purse)
10. Wedding Season:

The Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie (Flavia de Luce, #1) by Alan Bradley The Invisible Bridge by Julie Orringer The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn Other Words for Love by Lorraine Zago Rosenthal Mistress of Rome by Kate Quinn Vince and Joy by Lisa Jewell English as a Second Language by Megan Crane

10 Points
1. All Made Up: Gloss - Jennifer Oko
2. What's Your Sign: The Grapes of Wrath - John Steinbeck (I'm a Gemini)
3. United Nations: American Wife - Curtis Sittenfeld (05.01.11)
4. Promise Not to Tell: The Botticelli Secret - Marina Fiorato
5. Shoe Addict:
6. Bling Bling:
7. Royal Flush: The Queen of Palmyra - Minrose Gwin
8. What the?: 4% Famous - Deborah Schoenman
9. Averages: And Then Everything Unraveled - Jennifer Sturman
10. Two in One: Kabul Beauty School: An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil - Deborah Rodriguez

Gloss (STP - Mira) by Jennifer Oko The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld The Botticelli Secret by Marina Fiorato The Queen of Palmyra  A Novel  by Minrose Gwin 4% Famous by Deborah Schoeneman And Then Everything Unraveled by Jennifer Sturman Kabul Beauty School  An American Woman Goes Behind the Veil by Deborah Rodriguez

15 Points
1. Tried and New: This Charming Man - Marian Keyes (Tried) | The Lincoln Lawyer - Michael Connelly (New)
2. Initially Speaking: This is How it Happened - Jo Barrett | Carpool Confidential - Jessica Benson (my initials are JWB)
3. Alpha and Omega: Reality Check - Peter Abrahams | I Am the Messenger - Markus Zusak
4. Don't I Know You: Commencement - J. Courtney Sullivan (05.24.11) | Baltimore Blues - Laura Lippman (my grandmother's name is Laura)

This Charming Man by Marian Keyes This Is How It Happened  by Jo Barrett Carpool Confidential by Jessica Benson Reality Check by Peter Abrahams I Am the Messenger by Markus Zusak Commencement  by J. Courtney Sullivan Baltimore Blues (Tess Monaghan, #1) by Laura Lippman

25 Points
1. Me Myself and I: The Devil in the Junior League - Linda Francis Lee (blonde hair) | I Don't Know How She Does It - Allison Pearson (04.18.11)| If You Were Here - Jen Lancaster (06.23.11)
2. Dinner, Drinks, Dessert: Honeymoon With My Brother - Franz Wisner (drinking beer) | The Kitchen Daughter - Jael McHenry (peppers for dinner) (06.01.11)| Friendship Bread - Darien Gee (dessert)
3. Morning, Afternoon, Evening: The Coffee Trader - David Liss (my morning always starts with a cup of coffee) | Lunch in Paris - Elizabeth Bard | Tender is the Night - F. Scott Fitzgerald
4. Four, Five, and Six: Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts - Lucy Dillon (she has published 4 books) | Hidden Wives - Claire Avery (published in June 2010) | The Pact - Jennifer Sturman (RDI published in 2004)

The Devil in the Junior League by Linda Francis Lee If You Were Here  A Novel by Jen Lancaster Honeymoon with My Brother  A Memoir by Franz Wisner The Kitchen Daughter by Jael McHenry Friendship Bread by Darien Gee The Coffee Trader by David Liss Lunch in Paris  A Love Story, with Recipes by Elizabeth Bard Tender Is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald Lost Dogs and Lonely Hearts by Lucy Dillon Hidden Wives by Claire Avery The Pact (Rachel Benjamin, #1) by Jennifer Sturman

Total Books: 8
Total Points: 30

message 42: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney | 1118 comments My list is now posted (finally!) but I'm having trouble with the Morning, Afternoon, Evening entry for the morning slot...blah!

message 43: by Stacy (new)

Kourtney wrote: "My list is now posted (finally!) but I'm having trouble with the Morning, Afternoon, Evening entry for the morning slot...blah!"

As I always say - just do what you have to do to make it work. :) I'm all for flexibility.

message 44: by Leah (last edited Apr 30, 2011 11:17AM) (new)

Leah (LeahMichelle) Here's my list. Because I get reviews books, I've left some slots empty to see what books I get in the next few months. Totally going to stick to my list this time and read as many as I can! :)

5 pts
1. Springtime – Read a book with pastel colors on the cover. The Importance of Being Married by Gemma Townley

2. April Showers – Read a book with rain (or any other kind of water) on the cover. Destiny by Louise Bagshawe

3. May Flowers – Read a book with a flower on the front. TBA

4. Plain Jane – Read a book with nothing but words on the cover (can have a very small picture).The C-Word by Lisa Lynch

5. Grey’s Anatomy - Read a book with a body part or body parts on it, but no more than half of a body on it. Fall For Anything by Courtney Summers

6. Singles – Read a book with either one man or one woman on the cover. Open by Andre Agassi

7. Doubles – Read a book with either two women or two men on the cover. The Woman He Loved Before by Dorothy Koomson

8. She’s/He’s My… - Read a book with two people on the cover that are related (parent/child, siblings, spouses, etc.). The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen

9. I Heart Shopping! – Read a book with something to do with shopping on the cover (store, money, credit card, purse, wallet, bags, etc.). Celebrity Shopper by Carmen Reid

10. Wedding Season – Read a book with a bride on the cover. There Goes The Bride by Holly McQueen

The Importance of Being Married  A Novel (Jessica Wild, #1) by Gemma Townley The Summer of Skinny Dipping (Summer, #1) by Amanda Howells The C-Word by Lisa Lynch Fall for Anything by Courtney Summers Open  An Autobiography by Andre Agassi The Woman He Loved Before by Dorothy Koomson The Opposite of Me by Sarah Pekkanen The Celebrity Shopper (Annie Valentine, #4) by Carmen Reid

10 pts

1. All Made Up - Read a book with the word “Makeup,” or a type of makeup in the title. Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley

2. What’s Your Sign? - Read a book whose title starts with the same letter as your Zodiac sign. The Perfect Hero by Victoria Connelly

3. United Nations – Read a book with a nationality in the title. It Happened In Paris by Molly Hopkins

4. Promise Not To Tell? - Read a book with “Secret” in the title. Do You Want To Know A Secret? by Claudia Carroll

5. Shoe Addict - Read a book with “Shoe” in the title or a type of shoes in the title. TBA

6. Bling! Bling! – Read a book with a type of jewel or the name of a piece of jewelry in the title. Something From Tiffany's by Melissa Hill

7. Royal Flush – Read a book with one of the following royal words in the title: Queen, King, Princess, Prince, Majesty, Castle, Throne. To Marry A Prince by Sophie Page

8. What The &^%$*? - Read a book with a symbol in the title (@, #, &). Real Life & Liars by Kristina Riggle

9. Averages – AprilMayJune is 12 letters, divide that by 3 months and you get 4. Read a book with a four-word title. Here Come The Girls by Milly Johnson

10. Two in One – Read a book with a sub-title but the sub-title cannot be, “A Novel.” Attachments by Rainbow Rowell

Lipstick Apology by Jennifer Jabaley The Untied Kingdom by Kate Johnson Do You Want to Know a Secret? by Claudia Carroll Something From Tiffany’s by Melissa Hill To Marry a Prince by Sophie Page Real Life & Liars by Kristina Riggle Here Come the Girls by Milly Johnson

15 pts

1. Tried and New - Read a book by one of your favorite authors and a book by an author you’ve never read. Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult (favourite) and Blood On My Hands by Todd Strasser (never read)

2. Initially Speaking – Read two books whose authors share two of your initials (feel free to use maiden name and/or previous married name), doesn’t have to be the same author for both books. The Importance of Being A Bachelor by Mike Gayle and Fire Me by Libby Malin

3. Alpha & Omega – Pull up your Goodreads To-Read list and order it by author and read one book by the first author on your list and one by the author at the end of your list (keep going down or up until you get to an author that you have a book they’ve written if you do not wish to acquire new books or borrow from the library). Laura's Handmade Life by Amanda Addison and Prophecy of the Sisters by Michelle Zink

4. Don’t I Know You? - Read a book whose author has the same first name as a Goodreads friend and another book whose author has the same first name as someone in your family. Anyone for Me by Fiona Cassidy and The Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman

Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult The Life and Soul of the Party by Mike Gayle Fire Me  A Tale of Scheming, Dreaming and Looking for Love in All the Wrong Places by Libby Malin Prophecy of the Sisters (Prophecy of the Sisters, #1) by Michelle Zink Anyone for Me? by Fiona Cassidy The Cookie Club by Ann Pearlman

25 pts

1. Me, myself & I – read a book with a woman on the front that has the same color hair as you, read a book with me, myself or I in the title and read a book whose author shares one of your names. Becoming Scarlett by Ciara Geraghty (same colour hair), You Don't Have To Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning (me), Three Nights In New York by Michelle Jackson

2. Drinks, Dinner & Desert – read a book with a drink on the cover, read a book with a dinner food (or as close as you can get) on the cover, read a book with a dessert on the cover. Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik (drink), Good Enough To Eat by Stacey Ballis (food) and There's Cake In My Future by Kim Gruenenfelder (dessert)

3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – Read three books, each one has to have a title that references something to do with morning, afternoon and evening. One book for morning, one for afternoon and one for evening. One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner (morning), The Best Day of Someone Else's Life by Kerry Reichs (afternoon) and Vampire Diaries: Nightfall by LK Smith (night/evening)

4. 4, 5, and 6 - Read a book by an author that has only published four, five or six books (do not count books re-published in different countries/languages, collaborated works or short stories), read a book that was published in April, May or June, read a book by an RDI author published in 2004, 2005 or 2006. The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger (4 books published), The Making of Us by Lisa Jewell (published in May this year), Me vs Me by Sarah Mlywnoski (published in 2006)

Becoming Scarlett by Ciara Geraghty You Don't Have to Say You Love Me by Sarra Manning Three Nights in New York by Michelle Jackson Knitting Under the Influence by Claire LaZebnik Good Enough to Eat by Stacey Ballis The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender One Moment, One Morning by Sarah Rayner The Best Day of Someone Else's Life by Kerry Reichs Nightfall (The Vampire Diaries  The Return, #1)  by L.J. Smith The Devil Wears Prada by Lauren Weisberger The Making of Us by Lisa Jewell Me vs. Me by Sarah Mlynowski

Total Books: 11/40
Total Points: 60/360

message 45: by Stacy (new)

Leah wrote: "Here's my list. Because I get reviews books, I've left some slots empty to see what books I get in the next few months. Totally going to stick to my list this time and read as many as I can! :)

5 ..."

Good luck Leah! :)

message 46: by Butterflycager (last edited Jun 13, 2011 07:30AM) (new)

Butterflycager This looks like a fun challenge, and it will give me a chance to read some books of my own for once. I've got almost everything filled in:

5 pts
1. Springtime – Five Good Minutes: 100 Morning Practices To Help You Stay Calm & Focused All Day Long by Jeffrey Brantley and Wendy Millstine (5/1/2011)
2. April Showers – The Gentleman Poet: A Novel of Love, Danger, and Shakespeare's The Tempest by Kathryn Johnson (4/1/2011)
3. May Flowers – The Undomestic Goddessby Sophie Kinsella (4/23/2011)
4. Plain Jane – The Villa by Nora Roberts (5/6/2011)
5. Grey’s Anatomy – Georgia Bottoms by Mark Childress (4/7/2011)
6. Singles – River Marked by Patricia Briggs (5/3/2011)
7. Doubles – The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi 5/19/2011
8. She’s/He’s My… - What We Keep by Elizabeth Berg 5/21/2011
9. I Heart Shopping! – Murder in Little Italy by Victoria Thompson (4/14/2011)
10. Wedding Season - The Ideal Bride by Stephanie Laurens (4/15/2011)

10 pts
1. All Made Up – Don't Put Lipstick on the Cat! by Debbie Farmer (6/9/2011)
2. What’s Your Sign? - Pisces - Paragon Walk by Anne Perry (4/2/2011)
3. United Nations – The English Assassin by Daniel Silva (4/17/2011)
4. Promise Not To Tell? – Jewels: A Secret History by Victoria Finlay (4/24/2011)
5. Shoe Addict – The Pioneer Woman: Black Heels to Tractor Wheels--A Love Story by Ree Drummond (5/20/2011)
6. Bling! Bling! – The Deception of the Emerald Ring by Lauren Willig (4/3/2011)
7. Royal Flush – The Little Lady Agency and the Prince by Hester Browne (4/11/2011)
8. What The &^%$*? – Eats, Shoots & Leaves: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation by Lynne Truss 4/25/2011
9. Averages – The Little Lady Agency by Hester Browne (4/9/2011)
10. Two in One – Answering 911: Life in the Hot Seat (4/12/2011)

15 pts
1. Tried and New – Little Lady, Big Apple by Hester Browne (4/9/2011) and The Kill Artist by Daniel Silva (4/4/2011)
2. Initially Speaking – My initials are JHA - The Queen's Handmaiden by Jennifer Ashley (5/2/2011) and The Kept Man by Jami Attenberg (5/20/2011)
3. Alpha & Omega – The Girl Who Chased the Moon by Sarah Addison Allen (6/2/2011) and The Uncoupling by Meg Wolitzer (5/29/2011)
4. Don’t I Know You? – Fireflies in December by Jennifer Erin Valent 4/21/2011 (I have two cousins named Jennifer) and The Firebrand by Susan Wiggs 5/2/2011 (I have a GR friend named Susan)

25 pts
1. Me, myself & I – Woman with brown hair:Murder Your Darlings: Algonquin Round Table Mystery by J.J. Murphy (5/29/2011), Die For Me (book #7) by Karen Rose (5/14/2011) and Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Sea by Jules Verne (6/12/2011)
2. Drinks, Dinner & Dessert – Drinks: Whiskey Sour by J.A. Konrath (5/18/2011) Dinner: Bless Your Heart: Saving the World One Covered Dish at a Time by Patsy Caldwell and Amy Lyles Wilson (5/10/2011) Dessert: Retro Desserts: Totally Hip, Updated Classic Desserts from the '40S, '50S, 60s and '70s by Wayne Brachman (5/18/2011)
3. Morning, Afternoon and Evening – Morning: Joy in the Morning by Betty Smith, Afternoon: Sister Noon by Karen Joy Fowler, Evening:Night of the Living Deed by E.J. Copperman
4. 4,5,and 6 - A Spell for the Revolution by C.C. Finlay (has five books published), The Patriot Witch by C.C. Finlay (published April 2009), and A New Lu by Laura Castoro (Red Dress Ink 2005)

40/40 books
310/310 points

message 47: by Kourtney (new)

Kourtney | 1118 comments And so we begin!!!

Don't forget everyone (and for all of the new challengers): remember to post when you finish a complete task so Stacy can keep track easily :) Let's see if we can overwhelm her with tasks being completed - that will show her for not taking all of us on vacation with her! (nooo I'm not jealous AT ALL!)

message 48: by Alicia (new)

Alicia (Diva2416) | 752 comments TASK COMPLETED

5.4. Plain Jane – The Carrie Diaries, Candace Bushnell: 4/2/11

1/20 Books
5/360 points

message 49: by Cathy (new)

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Alicia wrote: "TASK COMPLETED

5.4. Plain Jane – The Carrie Diaries, Candace Bushnell: 4/2/11

1/20 Books
5/360 points"

Nice! Just in time for the second one to come out!!

message 50: by Leah (new)

Leah (LeahMichelle) Task completed:

1.2. April Showers – Read a book with rain (or any other kind of water) on the cover. Destiny by Louise Bagshawe

2/40 Books
5/350 Points

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8