We Love Lisa Kleypas discussion

Archives - Challenges > All Things Spring Challenge

Comments (showing 1-50 of 457) (457 new)    post a comment »

message 1: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (last edited Mar 10, 2011 12:01PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments All Things Spring Challenge

This challenge will run from March 21st - June 20th and the books you choose to read should somehow remind you of Spring -

Examples -

Titles that make you think of spring, or covers that are primarily in spring colors.

Covers that have images of flowers or clouds, rain or rainbows.

Stories that take place in the spring.

Books that were published in March, April, May or June of any year.

As with all our challenges, you design it to fit your needs. If it reminds YOU of spring, it counts!

Also, any book you are reading on April 15th will count. I mean it is tax day after all and we should be able to expect something good to happen on that day.

The only restriction to this challenge is that you can't begin your book before the challenge date, and all books must be finished by the ending date in order to be counted.

IMPORTANT - PLEASE, post your stats like this -

1/4, 3/4 etc. It makes it easy for me to quickly see how many books you've read.

Thanks!

message 2: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (last edited Jun 19, 2011 07:52PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Particpants

Alycia------------ 6/6 - - -Done!!!
Autumn---------------21/21 +1 - - -Done!!!
CarolynF
Cheryl--------------
Christine S------------- /20
Becky-----------12/25
BJ Rose----------20/20 - - - Done!!!!!
DG----------------12/12 - - - Done!!
Dhestiny---------------35/15 + 5 Bonus - - -Done!!!!!
Dina-------------------25/20 or more
E.-----------5/5 - - -Done!!!!!
Elaine------------2/2
Fani-----------------/6
Fiona
Gaynell--------15/15 - - -Done!!!!!!!
Joeera-----------
Joy----------------
KatLynne----------13/24
Lacy--------------/22
Lady Danielle-----------------20/20 - - -Done!!!!
Lisa Kay-----------------16/16 - - - Done!!!!!!!
Nissie---------------------30/15
SmittenKitten------------------- 10/10 - - -Done!!!
Steffi--------------------------11/15 - - - Done!!!!!!!!
Vaneela--------------------------5/15

message 3: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (last edited Jun 19, 2011 07:53PM) (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Dhes' All Things Spring Challenge

I'm going to do "Spring Cleaning" and clean out books that are parts of a series that I've been neglecting.

I'll clean up at least 15 books. 35/15 + 5 bonus

1. Texas Glory - Done 5 stars
2. Texas Splendor - Done 5 stars
3. Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2) - Done 4 stars
4. Highlander Unchained - Done 4 stars
5. Lover Unleashed - Done 5 stars
6. Crave- Done 5 stars
7. Sweet Release - Done 5 stars
8. Carnal Gift - Done 5 stars
9. Come the Spring - Done 3 stars
10. Pleasure Unbound - Done 2.5 stars
11. Ecstasy Unveiled - Done May 2nd 5ish stars
12. Surrender to An Irish Warrior Done 5 stars May 31
13. Sin Undone -Done May 6
14. Truth and Consequences - Done 5ish stars
15. His Ordinary Life - Done 4ish stars
16. Faith & Fidelity - Done 5 stars
17. Love & Loyalty - Done 4 stars
18. Duty & Devotion - Done 4 stars
19. Laced with Desire - Honor Bound - Knights of the Boardroom #3 - Done May 4
20. Afterlife - Knights of the Boardroom #4 - Done May 6
21. Unlaced - Controlled Response - Knights of the Boardroom #2 - Done May 10
22. When You Dare - Done May 15 - 3.5 stars
23. Trace of Fever - Done May 16 - 4 stars
24. Savor the Danger - Done May 18 4 stars
25. Breaking the Rules - Done May 24 - 4.5 stars
26. Doms of Dark Haven 2: Western Nights - Done May 21
27. When a Texan Gambles Done May 28 - 4 stars
28. At Love's CommandDone May 28 - 3 stars
29. When Beauty Tamed the Beast Done June 3rd 4ish stars
30. It's In His Kiss - Done June 5th
31. On the Way to the Wedding - Done June 7th
32. Line of Fire Done June 10
33. Ride the Fire Done June 12
34. Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18)Done June 15
35. No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19) Done June 18

Miscelleneous books that are not part of a series but have been collecting dust on my shelves. 3/?

1. I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier -Done 4ish stars
2. The Assignment - Done 3 stars
3. Annie's Song -Done May 11 5 glorious stars
4. Nate- Done June 19 - 3 stars
5. Kept - Done June 18th - 3 stars.

Strike out means series all caught up.

The Wife Lottery - Jodi Thomas
Virgin River - Robyn Carr (6ish?)
Highlander - Karen Marie Moning (4)
Midnight Breeds - Lara Adrian (2)
Hearts of the South (9)
Dark Hunters - Sherrilyn Kenyon (2)
Firefighters of Station Five - Jo Davis
Bridgertons - Julia Quinn (2)
Troubleshooters - Suzanne Brockmann
Masters of the Mountain - Cherise Sinclair (10)
Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor - Lori Foster
Knights of the Boardroom Joey W. Hill (3)
Demonica - Larissa Ione (3)
Blakewell/Kenleigh - Pamela Clare (2)
Faith, Love and Devotion - Tere Michaels
Black Dagger Brotherhood - JR Ward
Fallen Angels - JR Ward (1)
Roses series - Julie Garwood
MacLeods of Skye - Monica McCarty
Texas Trilogy - Lorraine Heath
Blacktop Cowboys - Lorelei James

Texas Glory (Texas Trilogy, #2) Texas Splendor (Texas Trilogy, #3) Saddled and Spurred (Blacktop Cowboys, #2) Highlander Unchained (MacLeods of Skye Trilogy, #3) Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #9) Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) Sweet Release (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #1) Carnal Gift (Blakewell/Kenleigh Family Trilogy, #2) Come the Spring (Rose, #5) Pleasure Unbound (Demonica, #1) Truth and Consequences (Hearts of the South, #1) I'll Be Your Drill, Soldier Ecstasy Unveiled (Demonica, #4) Surrender to An Irish Warrior (MacEgan Brothers #6) Sin Undone (Demonica, #5) The Assignment His Ordinary Life (Hearts of the South, #2) Faith & Fidelity (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #1) Love & Loyalty  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #2) Duty & Devotion  (Faith, Love, & Devotion, #3) Annie's Song Unlaced Afterlife (Knights of the Board Room, #4) Laced with Desire When You Dare (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #1) Trace of Fever (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #2) Savor the Danger (Men Who Walk the Edge of Honor, #3) Breaking the Rules (Troubleshooters, #16) Doms of Dark Haven 2  Western Nights When a Texan Gambles (Wife Lottery, #2) At Love's Command (Brothers in Arms, #4) When Beauty Tamed the Beast (Happily Ever Afters, #2) It's In His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7) On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8) Ride the Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #5) Line of Fire (Firefighters of Station Five, #4) Nate (Devils on Horseback,  #1) Bad Moon Rising (Dark-Hunter, #18) (Were-Hunter, #5) No Mercy (Dark-Hunter, #19) (Were-Hunter, #6) Kept

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments Dhes, is this the challenge where you are doing the 'Spring Cleaning'? If so, then sign me up too.. I need to do that!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments This is the one!

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments It seems sooooooooooooooo early to be doing this, but since it starts on March 21st and not the 31st, I thought I better get it started.

D.G. I'm definitely doing this too, Dhes! And it's not early at all. :) We have less than 2 weeks to go. :)

I'll go check my list and I'll be right back. I'll do some spring cleaning too.

Alycia | 1475 comments I'm in. I'm going to do spring cleaning too

Cheryl (ghemomma) | 900 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "This is the one!"

Great!

Nissie | 339 comments I'm doing the spring cleaning thing,too! I'll check on the series that need tidying up and list soon. :)

message 11: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments I know, I need to get the books together. I'm going to try and choose ones that are older. I'm 2 or 3 behind in the Dark Hunter series, so I'll probably start with that, then move to the Demonica series, then probably the Blakewell/Kenleigh Trilogy.... so many choices.

Nissie | 339 comments That's going to be the hard part-choosing which ones. I know I want to finish up KMM's Highlander series and the Midnight Breeds. I need to finish Johanna Lindsey's Malory series,too. Plus a boat load of others. I might end up putting the names in a hat and drawing a few. :D

message 13: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments LOL! I understand!!!

That's why I'm going to try and go with ones that've been around awhile. Though, I do need to finish KMM, too. Well, we get 3 months, so maybe I'll get to them all, but I'll have to do a 1-after-another style for each series.

Nissie | 339 comments I would love to get to them all! That includes all the trilogies that I have here and haven't even started. I'm pretty sure I'll do a 1-after-the-other for each one just so I don't get confused lol!

message 15: by D.G. (last edited Mar 09, 2011 02:35PM) (new)

D.G. Here's my list...titles subject to change of course!

ALL THINGS SPRING
Duration:
0/12 Completed

ALL BOOKS MUST BE FROM MY TBR

Spring Cleaning: 5 next in series

Reckless
The Iron Rose
Unlawful Contact
Mockingjay
My Lord and Spymaster

Spring Flowers: Flowers in Cover (2)
Seduced
Simple Jess
Cherish

Spring Fever: Erotica (2)
Daughters of Terra
Swap
Wicked Burn

No Spring Chicken: Owned for 1+ year (3)
The Birth of Venus
The Blood of Flowers
Brideshead Revisited

message 16: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Excellent list, DG!!!!!! And creative, too!

D.G. Thanks, Dhes! :)

I wanted to do more of a cleanup of series but I'm really trying to work on my TBR. All the books I listed are from there.

You know what...let me put that as a condition for the challenge. :)

message 18: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Yeah, most of mine will be books I already own, too. I really need to clear off the shelves. 3 of those I listed are finished, so that helps.

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3751 comments Great idea Dhes, I'm in...just let me think on it.

message 20: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments You bet, Lisa!

Dina (MissDina) | 707 comments I'm in, of course. :) I'll post as I go.

All Things Spring Challenge
Duration: March 21 - June 20

Goal: Read 20 or more books that have a spring theme. The titles can have spring-related words, or the cover has a spring scene, flowers, clouds, rain or rainbows, or the book is set during and pertains to spring. As long as the book reminds ME of spring, it's on!

0/20 completed

message 22: by Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads), Certifiable St. Vinnie's Ninny (last edited Mar 09, 2011 03:37PM) (new)

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 3620 comments Sign me up!

Danielle's WLLK All Things Spring Challenge
Duration: March 21-June 20
Goal: Read 20 or more books that are related to the season of Spring in any way. The titles, character names, or author's name relate to Spring or have words related to Spring, or the book covers have pictures of flowers or Spring-like things.

Completed:

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3751 comments D.G., I love your title 'No Spring Chicken' - for books you've had for a year or more! They have been cooped up too long. (Hee, hee...I couldn't resist the pun.) I may steal that category. LOL.

(view spoiler)

message 24: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Cute, Lisa!! LOL

D.G. HAHAHAHA, Lisa! Steal away!

My husband was asking what I was laughing about, LOL!

Carolyn F. | 335 comments I'm in!

Autumn   (sweetdenial) | 1625 comments am in!! :)

message 28: by Gaynell (last edited Mar 20, 2011 10:07PM) (new)

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 268 comments I'm in, too. I really need to do some spring cleaning of my tbr list. I have several books that have lain in my tbr list for a long time (several for over a year)! Yet, I seem to keep buying more and more books :) I'll challenge myself to read at least 15 of them - in addition to any other books for other challenges. I won't let them count twice (except for the 100 or more books for the year).

message 29: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Wow, great challenge, Gaynell!

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 268 comments Thanks

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 268 comments Hey, I said that I wouldn't let my "spring cleaning" books count in other challenges, but I have to revise it to say not count them in other challenge than the "Read 100 or more books this year" challenge. I do need to count them in that one.

Lacy (lacylaces) | 22 comments I'm thinking over my challenge now.

message 33: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments No problem, Gaynell!

Lacy, I've added you to the list!

Steffi  | 119 comments I'm in as well. Spring Cleaning is a great idea!
I'll post my list later.

KatLynne | 23 comments I'm going to try this one. This is my first challenge and I'm sure I'll need guidance. I love the Spring Cleaning idea. Also, is there a certain number of books to be read during this time? Any suggestions you can pass along is appreciated:)

Dina (MissDina) | 707 comments Hey KatLynne, the beauty of UM's challenges is that they are non-challenging, LOL. You set your own goal and can do pretty much anything you want. Do you want to commit yourself to reading only one book? Okay! Do you want to read ten, fifty, one hundred? That's okay too. As long as you're having fun, it's on! :)

You might want to have a look at what we've done in the previous challenges to get some ideas. If you need further help, just holler.

Elaine Mcdonald | 78 comments I guess I will try this one. Anne Mallory Masquerading the Marquess and Daring the Duke also by Mallory. They have flowers on the cover and they will be good for spring cleaning since they are sitting on the table in my living room. I rarely read paperbacks since the ereaders have come out!

KatLynne | 23 comments Thanks Dina. This sounds good and easy:) I think I'll do some Spring Cleaning. Thanks again for your help.

Dina (MissDina) | 707 comments YW, KatLynne. :)

message 40: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments Thanks for explaining, Dina!

KatLynne, the whole idea is "easy" so you can accomplish your goals :)

I'm glad to have a few Not Too Challenging virgins with us :)

I'd appreciate it you'd post your stats for me in this format - If you choose to read 10 books, as you go along post your updates like this -

1/10, or 4/10, etc. It makes it easier on my old eyes to read your progress and post it.

You can list your books ahead of time and make changes as you need to, or you can list them as you read them, but PLEASE, I'm begging, update your stats in a way that I can easily see them.

KatLynne | 23 comments Thanks Dhestiny. I'm getting my list together and will post soon. So excited to participate:)

Lisa Kay (LisaKayAliceMaria) | 3751 comments Elaine, Thanks for mentioning Anne Mallory. Some of her books are available via ebooks at my library. I've never read any of her books before, though I've looked at them in the bookstore. I know it wouldn't be Spring Cleaning by reducing my TBR GR bookshelf, but they do have flowers on the cover!

message 43: by KatLynne (last edited Mar 11, 2011 03:26AM) (new)

KatLynne | 23 comments Here is my list

---12 Books---All Things Spring Challenge
Duration: March 21 – June 20th
0/12 Completed

March – Spring Cleaning/TBR/Books published Mar- June
1/12 -- Mind Game
2/12 --Wild Man Creek

April – Spring Cleaning TBR/published Mar -June/Takes place in Spring
3/12 --It Happened One Autumn
4/12 --The Sweetest Thing
5/12 --A Lot Like Love

May – Books published Mar - June/Cleaning TBR/Takes place in Spring
6/12 --Breaking Point –'Cause some spring days are hot and .....HE”S HOT!
7/12 --Harvest Moon
8/12 --Scandal In Spring
9/12 --Eleven Scandals To Start To Win A Duke’s Heart

June – Books published Mar -June/Cleaning TBR
10/12 --Conspiracy Game
11/12 --Guilty Pleasures
12/12 --Sinful

message 44: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments KatLynne wrote: "6/12 --Breaking Point –Cause some springs days are hot in May and HE”S HOT! "

LOVED Breaking Point!

message 45: by E. (new)

E. R. (DilawRosas) | 384 comments Umm...hmm...gotta think...

message 46: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments E. wrote: "Umm...hmm...gotta think..."

No problem! Let me know if you decide to join.

message 47: by UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine..., Your Humble Servant (new)

UniquelyMoi ... So I Can Shine... | 7850 comments It's amazing how they get shoved aside for other things, then end up forgotten.

KatLynne | 23 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "KatLynne wrote: "6/12 --Breaking Point –Cause some springs days are hot in May and HE”S HOT! "

LOVED Breaking Point!"

Can Hardly wait for this one!

LethalLovely~As Long as We're Going Down, (LethalLovely) | 126 comments UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "It's amazing how they get shoved aside for other things, then end up forgotten."

I know, right? We're like little kids, distracted by shiny objects. Oooh! Pretty!

Nissie | 339 comments LethalLovely~I'm Breaking Out. Last Chance to Lose wrote: "UniquelyMoi *~*Dhestiny*~* wrote: "It's amazing how they get shoved aside for other things, then end up forgotten."

I know, right? We're like little kids, distracted by shiny objects. Oooh! Pretty!"

LOL Exactly! I like shiny objects :D

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Blood of Flowers (other topics)
Swap (other topics)
The Iron Rose (other topics)
Cherish (other topics)
Simple Jess (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Anne Mallory (other topics)