Q&A with Josh Lanyon discussion

Kick Start (Dangerous Ground, #5)
This topic is about Kick Start
Story Discussions > The Dangerous Ground series

Comments (showing 1-50 of 768) (768 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

message 1: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Just setting up the topic since I finally have some spare time. Dangerous Ground (Dangerous Ground, #1) by Josh Lanyon

message 2: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. (LC_Chase) | 388 comments I'll kick off with my totally-awesome-most-excellent-super-duper-NYT-quality review: I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! :-D Love Taylor. Love Will. Love the adventures - even though you keeping beating up on Taylor. And can't wait for the next installment - along with my "excuse for being late" note for work. ;-)

message 3: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments This is my "popcorn" series, but I confess that I love these guys. I love putting more Taylor through unending hell -- although I think it's Will's turn. But somehow even when it's Will's turn, it's Taylor who still does most of the suffering. ;-D

Anyway, glad you enjoy them as much as I do. I do find this the most relaxing and entertaining of all my series stories.

message 4: by Blaine (new)

Blaine (BlaineDArden) | 1649 comments Josh wrote: "I do find this the most relaxing and entertaining of all my series stories"

Relaxing? I doubt Taylor would agree.

I'm in the love, love, love camp as well. And I also agree that it's Will's turn. All these 'mishaps' can't look good on Taylor's record. ;)

I'm looking forward to the next part as well :)

Jordan Lombard (JSLombard) | 6706 comments Oh yeah, definitely LOVE LOVE LOVE these guys too! I've read the first, and can't wait to get my hands on the second one and the third... and the fourth... fifth... um... yeah... lol. I love them. Enough said.

message 6: by Beanbag (new)

Beanbag Love I love these guys too. I devoured this series in one day. Completely ignored my family's needs for Taylor and Will. I think their relationship is very entertaining. Can't wait to see what happens in Paris when Taylor shows up.

message 7: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Thanks, you guys! I just have to make sure that we don't stumble into The Big Misunderstanding territory.

message 8: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Barb wrote: "So I devoured Dangerous Ground in one sitting! I loved it - the slow unfurling of the story of the relationship between Will and Taylor. I thought at first Will was straight , then found out about ..."

This is one of those series that as an author you kind of write for yourself? I'm not saying it's not well-written (because I'm obsessive about everything I do, from my writing to my gardening) but it's definitely not going to win literary prizes. Its' just the literary version of a popcorn movie action-adventure flick, but I love these guys so dearly, and I find their story so relaxing.

Which is my long way of saying, I'm so pleased that you're enjoying these stories!

message 9: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Barb wrote: "And so onto book 3 ;) wow! I am hooked - loved the action in this book, as well as the romance (a different kind of action!) that phone call was ... Let's say the popcorn was hot!"

I showed that to LB Gregg when I was flailing around with the rough draft, and she said, "Readers are going to call this your phone sex book." :-D

message 10: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments I'm glad you enjoyed them! It's challenging to keep coming up with new adventures (and traumas) for the boys. But it's also fun.

message 11: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments LOL. Not bad!

message 12: by Blaine (new)

Blaine (BlaineDArden) | 1649 comments Barb wrote: "where there's a Will there's a Tay ;)"

rofl :D
I need to remember that one

message 13: by Norma (new)

Norma Just finished the third. Put me in the LOVE category as well.

When does the 4th come out? Can't wait! These guys are great!

Cheryl | 238 comments Wait, where is there phone sex? How did I miss that?

message 15: by whitney (new)

whitney (showmethelove) | 32 comments I have Barb to thank for finding Adrien English. I'm a little obsessed at the moment but she did warn me. I'm in love with Adrien and Jake!!!!!

Cheryl | 238 comments I remember a phone call in the second book, but not in the third.

message 17: by Norma (new)

Norma Its a great scene!

Cheryl | 238 comments Ah, OK, I was confused! But now I'm thinking of all the great phone sex opportunities there will be in the fourth book!

message 19: by Heather C (new) - added it

Heather C (HeatherCook) Barb wrote: "where there's a Will there's a Tay ;)"

ha! I love it!!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 1859 comments Cheryl wrote: "Ah, OK, I was confused! But now I'm thinking of all the great phone sex opportunities there will be in the fourth book!"

I'm torn between laughing and grunting :)

message 21: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Barb wrote: "Gawd I just checked and I posted here for the first time on the 27th... A whirlwind read so far!"

You are definitely a voracious reader. You and your PURLS pals. My head was spinning as I saw how fast you were tearing through my backlist. :-O

message 22: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Norma wrote: "Just finished the third. Put me in the LOVE category as well.

When does the 4th come out? Can't wait! These guys are great!"

Actually, I'm supposed to start work on that right away. Gulp. This is a really busy month for me again, so I might be a bit scarce around here, just so you all know.

message 23: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Barb wrote: "Does it feel like an invasion Josh? We only tear through what is tearable throughable :) as I said, we know what we like, and when we like, we sure LIKE! ..."

I can't imagine any writer objecting to such enthusiasm. :-D

message 24: by SusieQ (last edited Apr 06, 2011 01:58AM) (new)

SusieQ (SusieQ_too) | 1 comments Well, here's my first post in your group, Josh, altho I have lurked! I just wanted to tell you I just read the Dangerous Ground series for the M/M romance group gang-bang challenge. (mark me firmly in the I love these guys column!). Will be reading the Adrien English series for this challenge too. Can't wait to read book 4, Will & Tay are an incredibly credible couple. Thanks for sharing them with us!

message 25: by Marie (new)

Marie Ivarsson (MarieIvarsson) | 30 comments I think I remember other people saying in reviews etc. that the love for these books grows for each installment, and that's true for me as well. I really liked the first book in this series, but I simply love the second and third ones!

Some people seemed to think there was too much angst. But if that's the case, I guess my love of angst is one of the reasons I adore these guys.
I love the banter and bickering! And they make my chest ache with sadness for them.

I was so happy when I realized I won't have to wait that long to see what happens to them! :D<3

message 26: by N.J. (new)

N.J. Nielsen (NJNielsen) | 13 comments I haven't read this series yet but after reading the comments I now they will move up in my TBR list... I have read many of Josh's books and have loved each and everyone...

message 27: by Barb (new) - added it

Barb Gilmour (BarbLikesBooks) | 191 comments The boy has a knack for sure!! Every book is great :-)

message 28: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime I love Will and Taylor! They are tied with Ty and Zane as my fave m/m couples.

Thanks for bringing them to life Josh, I'm really looking forward to their next adventure.

message 29: by Lee (new)

Lee Brazil | 46 comments Really enjoying this as well...

message 30: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Is anyone familiar enough with this series to tell me if if I ever pinned down Taylor's family -- did I give any names and ages regarding his sister(s)? Or his nieces/nephews?

Did I name Will's siblings?

I'm so severely pressed for time on this one that I can't afford to go back and read everything and my notes aren't detailed enough.

message 31: by Liade (new) - added it

Liade | 408 comments Josh wrote: "Is anyone familiar enough with this series to tell me if if I ever pinned down Taylor's family -- did I give any names and ages regarding his sister(s)? Or his nieces/nephews?

Did I name Will's ..."

Not as far as I can remember, and a search just now didn't find anything, either. Taylor's sister is only once mentioned once in passing "He‟d been overseas during his sister‟s pregnancies" in Blood Heat, and no brothers/sisters have any names as far as I can see.

Susan | 564 comments I agree - no mention anywhere.

message 33: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Whew. Thank you both. There are too many books at this point! Good. I have free rein then. ;-)

Sagajo | 179 comments Josh wrote: "Whew. Thank you both. There are too many books at this point! Good. I have free rein then. ;-)"

Just don't forget Will's girlfriend!

Lori K | 242 comments Will has a girlfriend? Huh???

message 36: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments In his sordid past. ;-D

Lori K | 242 comments Josh wrote: "In his sordid past. ;-D"

Keep her there please... :)

Lori K | 242 comments Emanuela ~hopeless~ wrote: "ROFL!"

E, don't you dare encourage a menage!

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ (manutwo) | 1859 comments Absolutely not!!!!!! I'm still traumatised by THAT book with the unWILLing menage :-(

See how clever I am sometimes, I amazed myself ;-)

message 41: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime Lori K wrote: "Emanuela ~hopeless~ wrote: "ROFL!"

E, don't you dare encourage a menage!"

I second that!! No menages for Will and Taylor.

Lori K | 242 comments Josh would never (again) do that to us...would ya Josh?

message 43: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime Josh, was just re-reading the series and you did name Will's brother. You named him Grant, it was in Old Poison when you talk about Will's tattoo, which he, his brother and three cousins got together.

message 44: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Thanks, Jaime!

message 45: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments Ix nay on the gaymenjay. Jaymengay? ;-D Anyway, not going to happen.

message 46: by Josh (new)

Josh (JoshLanyon) | 15541 comments At the halfway mark of this right now and hooboy is it angsty. More angsty than I expected. I think fans of the series are going to be..."Yeah, bring it on!!!" and everyone else is going to be..."Where's the PLOT?"

No, there is a plot, but this is definitely about the unraveling relationship between Taylor and Will.

I shared a snippet on the Loose Id blog Thursday.

http://looseidauthors.blogspot.com/20...

message 47: by L.C. (new) - added it

L.C. (LC_Chase) | 388 comments Oh no. You're going to make me cry again aren't you. :-( So long as there's a smile at the end - there will be right? ;-) - its all good.

message 48: by Jaime (new) - added it

Jaime I can't wait Josh!! I love me some angst.

message 49: by Susan (last edited Jul 23, 2011 11:20AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Susan | 564 comments Josh wrote: "At the halfway mark of this right now and hooboy is it angsty. More angsty than I expected."

Josh, remember the March book discussion for Finding Zach? I said then I was a sucker for angst, so your comment is like mother's milk to me. As usual, I'm in full anticipation mode.

Cheryl | 238 comments "... this is definitely about the unraveling relationship between Taylor and Will. "

Oh boy, you're not setting us up for another THYS, are you? Evil, I say, just evil! Anyway, I also love well written angst, and your angst is always very well done. As for plot, these two are such a fun couple that I'd be quite happy to read "Will and Taylor go to the Grocery Store." (Dangerous Ground Beef?)

Since your snippet mentioned them being apart so long, can we hope for more phone sex? Naughty e-mails? Maybe some sexting?

All the talk of the upcoming book had me re-reading the series, and I enjoyed it even more the second time around.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 16

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Dangerous Ground (other topics)
Risky Maneuvers (other topics)
Promises (other topics)
Old Poison (other topics)
Dead Run (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

L.C. Chase (other topics)
John Wyndham (other topics)