Goodreads Feedback discussion

Suggestions & Questions > connect your facebook account

Comments (showing 1-16 of 16) (16 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Sashana | 124 comments Is it now mandatory for us to connect our Facebook with our Goodreads account? I logged on about 5 minutes ago and I have been bombarded with messages like the one below on my Goodreads page. It's really really annoying. I do NOT want my Goodreads and Facebook linked and I don't want this annoying message to show up every time I try to so something on here.

Goodreads uses Facebook connect to connect your Goodreads account to your Facebook account. Your facebook account can only be tied to a single account on goodreads. You are currently signed into both, please verify that you want them connected, or sign out of one.

message 2: by rivka, librarian moderator (new)

rivka | 10944 comments Mod
Sashana wrote: "Is it now mandatory for us to connect our Facebook with our Goodreads account?"

Definitely NOT. I suspect this is probably an inadvertent effect of some of the recent tweaks the devs have made to the FB app (to keep up with the changes FB keeps making that make the app not work properly).

I'll pass this along.

Sashana | 124 comments Thanks, Rivka. I'm glad that's not the case.

Sashana | 124 comments Grrr! I just got it 3 more times! Am I the only one getting these 'messages'?

message 5: by Marilu (last edited Mar 04, 2011 04:58PM) (new)

Marilu | 113 comments That happened to me too! The only way I could get to my goodreads homepage without having to sign out of facebook was to connect them, and then delete the goodreads application on facebook! I have no interest in having them linked!

Sashana | 124 comments Marilu, I hope it doesn't have to come to that for me. It may seem silly but I'm really against linking the two accounts. It seems like I can't have Goodreads and Facebooks open at the same time.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7870 comments I have them open at the same time all day every day.

Sashana | 124 comments I usually do too. I was on Goodreads earlier today and my Facebook account was also open. Now all of a sudden I'm being hit by these connect messages.

Elizabeth (Alaska) | 7870 comments I only posted that because it isn't having them both open at the same time. I don't usually log out and it may have something to do with the login procedure.

message 10: by Marilu (last edited Mar 04, 2011 05:25PM) (new)

Marilu | 113 comments Sashana wrote: "Marilu, I hope it doesn't have to come to that for me. It may seem silly but I'm really against linking the two accounts. It seems like I can't have Goodreads and Facebooks open at the same time."

I have never had an issue with having both Goodrades and Facebook open until today. It annoyed me that I was told that I would have to signout of one of them, because I never intentionally sign out of Goodreads! I did delete the goodreads app from my facebook profile, as it was the only way to have them both open. It is worked!

Sashana | 124 comments Marilu, can you tell me how to delete the app please?

message 12: by Michael, Problems Architect (new)

Michael Economy (michaeleconomy) | 1975 comments Mod
I think a change i made broke this....

message 13: by Michael, Problems Architect (new)

I'm going to push a release that should fix this.

Sashana | 124 comments Thanks, Michael :)

Sashana | 124 comments Michael, I don't know if you did anything yet but I am no longer having the problem :)

message 16: by Michael, Problems Architect (new)

Great.

unread topics | mark unread