YA and Beyond discussion

LETS CHIT AND LETS CHAT > Things I love

Comments (showing 251-300 of 1,989) (1989 new)    post a comment »

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments I love the Sisterhood series too! Yay for a new book!

message 252: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Holy cow I have missed 60 posts of love in just a few days!

Shannen that is awesome about the Trylle books possibly becoming movies!

Today I love overcoming fears!!!!!! I am more than halfway through my speech class (a class I vowed never to take because there are a million horrible things I would rather do than give a speech, let alone 8) and I think I am starting to get better at it! Though I still have to sedate myself before giving a speech, I don't get sick anymore and I have stopped shaking while speaking! It's sad and embarassing, I know, but this is progress people!!!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments You're so brave, Kourtni! There are lots of fears I want to overcome but public speaking isn't one of them. I'm more than happy to live with that fear. ;)

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 4758 comments Mod
Yay Kourtni! You go! Despite being a Chatty Cathy I hate public speaking. I took the class in the summer so it would be shorter!

message 255: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments Heidi I did the same thing! Speech class is the worst. Yay Kourtni for being so brave!

message 256: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments Thanks! I hope I never ever ever have to take another speech class..ever. :)

I love that Justified and Mad Men were both renewed and Parenthood is new tonight. I also love the new place I ate at for lunch and their yummy cheesecake Gelato.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments Sounds yummy!

I love that The Good Wife is new tonight.

message 259: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments Yay I love that Parenthood is new tonight too! I also love that the musical episode of Grey's Anatomy is this week. I'm looking forward to seeing it.

I gave up on Grey's last year, but I may watch the musical episode. I loved the Buffy and Scrubs musical episodes.

message 261: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments I've never seen the Scrubs musical ep. but I LOVE Once More With Feeling. Grey's has really gotten better this year compared to the last couple of seasons, but I completely understand you giving it up.

Last year and the year before (with Izzy) was horrible (at least it was until I gave up mid season).

Shannen I watched the Good Wife last year and liked it, but since I am DVRless this year and CBS is crazy and will not add their shows to Hulu I missed this year. I was planning on getting it on DVD.

Anyone ever use the website Groveshark? It looks similar to Pandora, but you add your own songs.

I love that it is Wed. and my hubby goes to work tonight so I can watch Parenthood by myself!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments Never heard of Groveshark but will have to check it out.

I have a backlog of Parenthood episodes. I watched two episodes last night and couldn't sleep really early this morning and watched two more. I think there are still two or three to go. :)

I love that we're halfway to the weekend!

message 266: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments I LOVE that Jonathan Groff is coming back to Glee! Just read on TVLine that he is supposed to be back for the last 3 episodes of this season! They didn't do so great writing the Jesse character, but I love J Groff so much I don't care.

message 267: by Kristina (new)

Kristina (KristinaLawhead) | 285 comments I love Jonathan Groff too! I have loved him and Lea Michele since they did Spring Awakening, and then they were on Glee and I loved them even more!

message 268: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments I know! They are so cute. I wish I could be best friends with them.

He is a cutie Brandi!

He is from season one Brittany.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Ah... the Pre-Darren Criss Era. Well, I guess I'll meet him eventually.

Hahaha - there are also other people on Glee you know Brittany. It is probably hard for you to believe but last year was actually watchable without him!

message 274: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments I love Darren Criss too Brittany, but believe me Jonathan Groff is amazing! If he and Darren have a duet, I think I'll die.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Yes I know it existed before Darren Criss, but I didn't watch, so I wouldn't know the character since I've only seen about 1/2 a season. You have to admit, the Kurt/Blaine romance is magic!

Again, if all the episodes are as good as the last one I will be a lot more enthusiastic about the show as a whole instead of my Darren Criss eye-candy!

P.S. My fav character is actually Brittany. She's great, and not just because of her name.

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments Totally agree about Brittany. She has the best lines ever!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments I think so too. That Christmas episode with her & Artie with pretty great.

Brittany rocks! I hope you enjoy season one when you get to it Brittany.

Today I am loving warmer weather - it is in the 50's today. Yay!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Thanks Heidi, I hope so too. I have a friend who lives in SLC that owns season 1 so I'm sure I'll be watching it. He's a huge fan.

message 281: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 95 comments I am loving that my bf dragged me to boys poker night and I whooped their behinds and took the table!

I am loving that Jaimie has joined us over here at the group! Congrats on the poker game :)

message 283: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 95 comments Yeah! Thanks, I won $70 and now I get to decide what I want to spend it on. I am thinking a Roku but I could always use some new clothes or makeup. I just got my hair dyed darker than I usually go and I feel like all my colors are off. It would help if I had a tan I suppose. Maybe I will buy a tanning membership...

Jaimie wrote: "Yeah! Thanks, I won $70 and now I get to decide what I want to spend it on. I am thinking a Roku but I could always use some new clothes or makeup. I just got my hair dyed darker than I usually go ..."

Too many decisions! Don't you hate that? You can always go something nice for yourself now and ask for a Roku as a wedding gift...

message 285: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 95 comments ooo that is a good call; I wonder if they sell them at Target? Although I am kind of avoiding doing anything or thinking about my wedding. I'm excited to get married just am not excited about all the crap that goes with it and family getting together. I wanted a small wedding and now it has blown up into something that is big and complicated. Most of everything is set and the invites are out so I feel like it is okay to stick my head in the sand for at least a month.

They just started selling Roku's in stores, but I think Best Buy is the only one near anyone. Are you registered on Amazon?? I registered there many moons ago and they sell Roku's - for some reason they all cost like $20 bucks more than at the actual roku.com website (example the base model is $59 on roku.com and $79 on Amazon). Sorry about your change in wedding plans - that's why I got married in Jamaica.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 1575 comments Mod
I love my mom's iPad ... Although typing on it feels a bit weird. Good thing it auto-corrects me. Hahaha.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 1575 comments Mod
Yeah, she got the newest one ... just a few weeks ago. She had to wait in line for hours. >_< But, it was worth it! It's pretty darn cool :)

message 289: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Apr 01, 2011 08:39AM) (new)

Today I am loving that Netflix announced on my FB page that they are adding Glee, Wonder Years, and Sons of Anarchy! Yay!

message 290: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments I need Netflix! I am about to cancel my cable and just get Netflix. Save some money. I Love saving money! lol

And I love my cheap and yummy chicken pot pie for lunch today.

I love that I am not pressed to do any homework on my lunch today so I get to read!

I love FRIDAY!

I went down to basic cable last year Kourtni and have never looked back (I even used to have 2 DVR's and the expanded expanded cable!) I love me some Netflix, Hulu Plus, and Amazon on Demand!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 947 comments If Netflix would carry Real Housewives, I would so cut down to basic. But I can't live without Bravo!

message 293: by Kourtni (new)

Kourtni (kourkyloo) | 732 comments You've convinced me Heidi. I'm going to do it next week. I would rather read than watch tv anyway and it distracts me from my school work. (Not that books don't) ;)

Yay Kourtni! You can always go back if you need to. As I said before I highly recommend the actual Roku box as opposed to some of those other streaming devices. The cheapest one is $59. Shannen perhaps Bravo will start streaming episodes then you can watch them online. My cable bill went from $150+ to around $60 for basic cable and cable internet.

message 295: by Brandi (new)

Brandi | 74 comments Heidi you have just made my day with the Wonder Years announcement! I love Netflix, now I love it more!

I know! I am psyched!

message 297: by Jaimie (new)

Jaimie (JaimieR) | 95 comments I love that Dominos delivers in a snow storm! This morning it was raining and I go to get some Starbucks and by the time I get home the freeway is closed, power is out for half the town, and the last thing I want to do is go to the grocery store so thanks you for keeping this shut in stocked with grub!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Crickey Jaimie. I thought it was bad here... at least I have power. I thought my apartment was going to blow over with the crazy wind and snow though.

Remember how nice and sunny it was yesterday? SIgh... gotta love Colorado!

Bluemoon the great thing about Netflix is you can cancel anytime. Do you have something to stream it onto your tv (Wii, X-Box, Roku??)

Sorry to hear about your storms in CO my friends :(