YA and Beyond discussion

LETS CHIT AND LETS CHAT > Things I love

Comments (showing 1,551-1,600 of 2,064) (2064 new)    post a comment »

message 1551: by Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (last edited Oct 17, 2012 01:02PM) (new)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Heidi (up to no good) wrote: "Based on FB posts 2007 & 2008 were great years financially Shannen. I guess I had a lot more money and my gas was a lot cheaper back then that I don't remember it. Must be getting old!"

I know! My last memories of a good economy were when a certain president was really enjoying his cigars. LOL!

To me, it's all about balance. I think extreme thinking can be dangerous.

Heidi (Yup. Still here.)  | 6364 comments Mod
Me too Shannen. I am a realist I guess not an extremist!

message 1553: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Oh yeah, you guys are having an election soon! I was wondering why you suddenly started commenting about political comments and 7 Nov. Politicians rely on short memory spans. Good luck!

message 1554: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 492 comments Vered wrote: "Oh yeah, you guys are having an election soon! I was wondering why you suddenly started commenting about political comments and 7 Nov. Politicians rely on short memory spans. Good luck!"

I can't wait for it to be over. The advertising and phone calls are getting insane!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments I haven't gotten any phone calls. It pays to only have cell phones. The advertising for local politicians is crazy. Nov. 7th can't get here soon enough!

message 1556: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 492 comments Shannen (Is it November 15th yet???) wrote: "I haven't gotten any phone calls. It pays to only have cell phones. The advertising for local politicians is crazy. Nov. 7th can't get here soon enough!"

I only have a cell, too, and I've been getting calls for weeks. Apparently politics are exempt from the Do Not Call list :p.

Today I am loving that it is my Friday AND I love the new want to read button here on Goodreads (yes my life is really that boring!)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Kristen - Really? That's crappy.

Heidi - What is this button you speak of?

It is a green button next to books people are reading in "updates" -- don't you have it??

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments I just checked and yes, it is there! Very cool! I never check updates.

message 1561: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 492 comments Heidi (up to no good) wrote: "It is a green button next to books people are reading in "updates" -- don't you have it??"

I saw that the other day. It's pretty sweet :)

Shannen (Is it November 15th yet???) wrote: "I just checked and yes, it is there! Very cool! I never check updates."

I check my top friends updates (Shannen you are one!) - how do you know when someone finished a book if you don't check them??

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments I don't. Haha! How do you check just your top friends? It shows a lot of stuff I don't care to see.

message 1564: by Heidi (Yup. Still here.) (last edited Oct 18, 2012 01:27PM) (new)

Shannen when you click on updates at the top right corner you can change your preferences there where it says showing (let me know if you don't find it). You can mark what you want to see (reviews, etc.. and whose stuff you want to see). I also go through my friends list and mark friends as top friends that I chat with the most here on GR - you, Kourtni, Brigid, Kristina, and Vered are all my Top Friends because you all rock!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Got it figured out. Thanks, Heidi! Learn something new every day.

I love to check to see what people are reading! I am nosy!

message 1567: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Heidi (up to no good) wrote: "Shannen when you click on updates at the top right corner you can change your preferences there where it says showing (let me know if you don't find it). You can mark what you want to see (reviews,..."

AWWW! Nosy but sweet! Hee hee! Actually, I didn't know all that either. Hmmm, I have to go tweak my page, so I too can stalk you all...

And I love buttons, especially Amazon's highly dangerous and extremely addictive "Buy now with 1 click" button, as my overloaded Kindle can testify.

message 1568: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Heidi (up to no good) wrote: "Shannen when you click on updates at the top right corner you can change your preferences there where it says showing (let me know if you don't find it). You can mark what you want to see (reviews,..."

Awesome - I've never used this function before. Super great!

Wow I just thought that everyone checked the updates that same way I did! When I first started on GR it was set to see everyone on GR (EVERYONE - not just my friends) and that annoyed me so I changed it to friends and since then I changed it to top friends :)

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Heidi - I have wondered how you have known when I have finished a book or added it. I thought maybe you were an uber stalker. Just kidding! Now we can all stalk each other!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Trying to feel the love today when it's been kind of a downer week for me.

I love Fridays!

I love my new perfume, Philosophy's Living Grace. So pretty, clean and fresh and makes me feel good.

I love Atkins peanut butter fudge crisp bars.

Shannen (Is it November 15th yet???) wrote: "Heidi - I have wondered how you have known when I have finished a book or added it. I thought maybe you were an uber stalker. Just kidding! Now we can all stalk each other!"

Sorry your week has been a downer! Today I love that I had the whole day to pack and clean before I fly out tonight -- much better than those early morning flights!

Shannen (Is it November 15th yet???) wrote: "Heidi - I have wondered how you have known when I have finished a book or added it. I thought maybe you were an uber stalker. Just kidding! Now we can all stalk each other!"

I am too lazy to stalk anyone - hahaha!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Yay for Disneyworld! I'm excited for you! Can't wait to hear about it when you get back. Have a great time! :)

message 1575: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) And no stalking the big mouse, Heidi!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Hello All!

I love that I'm finally at a point in my education where feel like I can take the time to read more fun books.

I love that I can come back to GR and chat with you guys more

And I am LOVING reading Quintana of Charyn. I'm only a quarter of the way through it and I've laughed, wanted to cry (but no tears quite yet), been angry, and wanted to take some of these characters in my arms and comfort them, been shocked, and seen a few things coming. This whole multiple POV thing has me going through a whole gambit of emotions in no time flat.

Here's hoping the rest of the book is just as good!

Also, I missed you, ladies. It will be good to be back more often.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 2296 comments Mod
I love that I got my nose pierced (at last!!!) ... You can see it in my profile picture, but probably not unless you look at it up close. Haha. :) I'm so happy! I've wanted to get it done for like 7 years. Squeeee.

I love that I'm going to see "Perks of Being a Wallflower" tonight! GAHH SO EXCITED. I've waited like three years for this movie. So ... I really hope it will be good. XD

P.S. It was good. Really, really good. Ahhh all the feelings. <3

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Brittany - You're back! Love it! I haven't read Froi yet (bad Shannen!) but will do so soon. I didn't even realize that Quintana was out yet.

Brigid - Yay for your nose piercing! It's very pretty! I'm excited for Perks but don't know when I'll get to see it.

Hi Brittany *waves* I am holding off on buying Quintana for a little while because I have a ton of library books to read. Shannen it is not released in the States until March 2013.

Brigid so excited for you about your piercing -- I had a belly piercing when I was in college but that is long since gone! Now that I read Perks I can't wait to see the movie!

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Hi!!! *waves back*

So I'm only half way through Quintana, but I HIGHLY suggest a Froi re-read (or in Shannen's case a first read). I went that route and I'm so glad I did. MM said that she wouldn't add any new characters in the 3rd book, but if anyone even had the smallest of parts in either of the books they would show up. I can say that so far this is true. I would even go so far as to say that if you don't remember Finnikin all that well to re-read that one as well.

Also, if anyone wants to read Quintana, I'm happy to share. I know I've borrowed quite a few books from some of you and I'd be happy to return the favor.

Brigid - yay for your nose piercing!! I have one too. I got it when I was 18. Sometimes I worry that I look old b/c I'm 27 and still rocking it, but I like it, so it stays put.

message 1582: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* wrote: "I love that I got my nose pierced (at last!!!) ... You can see it in my profile picture, but probably not unless you look at it up close. Haha. :) I'm so happy! I've wanted to get it done for like ..."

Why did you wait so long?!

message 1583: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Wow Meagan, do you have some of your videos on YouTube?

message 1584: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) LOL! Yes, even software can have PMS

message 1585: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Hey, they're really cool!

Megan I again have no idea about what you are talking about but hope you get everything you want for your birthday!

Vered wrote: "Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* wrote: "I love that I got my nose pierced (at last!!!) ... You can see it in my profile picture, but probably not unless you look at it up close. Haha. :) I'm so happy! ..."

Ummm there's not really a good reason. Haha. It took me a while to really warm up to the idea, and then when I really wanted to get it done, I wasn't sure when I was going to do it. Plus I'm a bit afraid of needles and whatnot, so at first the idea made me nervous––but, it wasn't too bad. :)

Brittany (currently surrounded by text books) wrote: "Hi!!! *waves back*

So I'm only half way through Quintana, but I HIGHLY suggest a Froi re-read (or in Shannen's case a first read). I went that route and I'm so glad I did. MM said that she woul..."

Woohoo! I'm planning to keep mine even when I'm an adult. Personally, I think it looks sophisticated. One of my professors has a little nose stud and it just looks so elegant; it's part of what inspired me to finally go through with it, because seeing it kept reminding me how much I wanted to. Haha. :D

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments Brigid - good, that makes me feel better. I'll be an elegant PT sporting my piercing. And don't feel bad for waiting. I waited for a long while too, I couldn't play sports in high school if I had it.

I have been wanted a tattoo for ages, but could never figure out exactly what I wanted. Now I think I have it figured out, but I have a rule that I have to wait 6 months, and want the same design for that long before it gets permanently inked on my body. I don't wanna regret it when I'm older and wrinkly.

Yeah not into tattoos myself -- I have seen too many older people with them and they are all discolored and faded looking. Not for me! That is why I got a piercing because it could be removed (and was!)

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments I understand. I've put a lot of thought into mine. I know I was all the ink to be one color (to avoid that awful faded look), and that I don't want it somewhere where my body will change drastically as I age, gain/lose weight, have kiddos, etc. I've wanted one for over 5 years, so I've had lots of time to think, but I never found an idea I liked enough to actually do it until recently. Now that I have it's hard to wait.

Brittany (currently surrounded by text books) wrote: "I understand. I've put a lot of thought into mine. I know I was all the ink to be one color (to avoid that awful faded look), and that I don't want it somewhere where my body will change drastica..."

Sounds like you put thought into it which is the best way to do it. Good luck!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments I have two tattoos, one on my left foot (my sis has the same tattoo) and one on my right big toe. Feet are the only place that weight gain/loss wouldn't affect the appearance of my tattoos. ;) But they definitely need to be touched up as they are fading. And I would do them all over again.

I loved my nose piercing but quit wearing it after a while. I was surprised that the actual piercing didn't hurt. All of my ear piercings hurt much more than my nose did.

Brittany (finally graduated and can once again read for fun) | 147 comments You're brave Shannen. I heard the tattoos on the top of your feet hurt like a bear. I'm thinking I want mine right above the ankle and it wraps around so it looks a bit like an anklet.

Shannen (Is it November 15th yet???) wrote: "I have two tattoos, one on my left foot (my sis has the same tattoo) and one on my right big toe. Feet are the only place that weight gain/loss wouldn't affect the appearance of my tattoos. ;) B..."

Yeah, the piercing didn't really hurt much at all ... It felt more weird than painful to me––like, "Whoa, there's a needle going through my nose right now." But it was over really fast and wasn't too bad. :D

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments Brittany - I got both of them done in one sitting. He had to stop a couple of times. I think the ankle is going to be painful too. Yikes!

Heidi - How was Disneyworld? Are you still there?

Disneyworld was birth control for me! hahaha

Too many people and screaming children! Next time I am going to Harry Potter Land!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) | 1094 comments LOL! When we are at Disneyland, we say "meltdown" probably 100 times each day. We try to go during non-busy times so there are less people. Unfortunately, October is always busy.

message 1599: by Vered (new)

Vered (Vered_Ehsani) Bahaha! Disney is birth control! Yup, it's definitely a 'once in a lifetime' trip for me. Even my kids were glad to get out of there.

I love that yesterday, we went bicycling through Hell's Gate, one of Kenya's national parks (and the only one that allows that)! We got quite close to zebras and other herbivores, and unfortunately a little too close to a troop of baboons (one of which decided to chase us). We then camped out on the shores of Lake Naivasha.

message 1600: by Kristen (new)

Kristen Taber | 492 comments oh wow, Vered, that sounds incredible!

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sweet Valley Confidential: Ten Years Later (other topics)
Withering Tights (other topics)
Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day (other topics)
North of Beautiful (other topics)
Saving Francesca (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Meagan Elizabeth Hightower (other topics)