Authors & Appetizers discussion

Recipes > Tapas and Thrillers

Comments (showing 1-8 of 8) (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Zandri (vincentzandri) | 3 comments Ok,this ain't a brag, but I'm lucky enough to write for a living, and if I could, I would also eat for a living. And travel...and drink. Which I guess makes me hungry for more, to coin a phrase.

But at the end of a writing or reading day? Try this:
toast baguette slices, drizzled with EV Olive Oil on a cookie sheet. When they're gold brown and delicious, place thin slices of cooked spicy sausage on top, along with a slice of fresh parm cheese, a bit of artichoke, and an olive...Serve with a cold beer (a Pilsner is more refreshing) or a glass of Pinot Noir...

The Remains

message 2: by Sandie (new)

Sandie Zand (sandiezand) | 1 comments Vincent wrote: "Ok,this ain't a brag, but I'm lucky enough to write for a living, and if I could, I would also eat for a living. And travel...and drink. Which I guess makes me hungry for more, to coin a phrase.
..."

Sounds delicious...

message 3: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Zandri (vincentzandri) | 3 comments Yah, try it, it rocks:)

message 4: by Ruth (new)

Ruth Hunter (TheSage) | 1 comments Cold weather is a good time for Potato Soup. Mine is the best. Boil 7 or 8 potatoes and one chopped yellow onion. Once tender drain most of the water out. Add two cans of filled milk,1 teaspoon of salt, course ground pepper and 1/2 stick of butter. Make thickening with 1/3 cup of flour and water mixed together until smooth. Add the thickening slowly to the soup. Add 6 to 8 slices of American cheese. Add some water depending on how thick you want it. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes until thick and creamy. Enjoy.

message 5: by Vincent (new)

Vincent Zandri (vincentzandri) | 3 comments Sounds awesome Ruth...

message 6: by Rebbie (new)

Rebbie | 1 comments Oh my. That sounds like just my style, only with a glass of crisp white wine. Thanks!

Vincent wrote: "Ok,this ain't a brag, but I'm lucky enough to write for a living, and if I could, I would also eat for a living. And travel...and drink. Which I guess makes me hungry for more, to coin a phrase.
..."

message 7: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Rose | 2 comments I was inspired and made some for dinner. I did, however, altered the recipe according to the actual contents of my fridge in the following way. I used non-fat milk and smart balance margarine (cholesterol issues) and added a piquant richness with a cup of nonfat yogurt. I also used sharp cheddar instead of American cheese. Once ladled into the bowls I added a garnish of fresh cut chives and grated a little Parmesan on top.

I do enjoy eating as much as writing, but I think I better stick with writing for a living. Although I have been contemplating a cook book.

message 8: by Ethan (new)

Ethan Rose | 2 comments I almost forgot, my recommended reading material for any potato dish is "The Last Continent" by Terry Pratchett.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Remains (other topics)