Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > March 2011 Purchases

Comments (showing 1-50 of 169) (169 new)    post a comment »

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1319 comments Mod
On to March, spring is almost here! Share what you bought this month.

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments I ordered Soulless (The Parasol Protectorate, #1) by Gail Carriger and The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus, #1) by Rick Riordan today.

Sue T (SueTinge) I just got in The Science of Harry Potter  How Magic Really Works by Roger Highfield from the Goodreads swap as well as Unbroken  A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption  by Laura Hillenbrand Angel Time (The Songs of the Seraphim, #1) by Anne Rice Hell's Corner by David Baldacci Treachery in Death (In Death, #32) by J.D. Robb The Templar Salvation by Raymond Khoury and The Emperor's Tomb (Cotton Malone, #6) by Steve Berry as my initial order from Doubleday. Great way to start the month.

message 4: by N.L. (last edited Mar 02, 2011 07:47AM) (new)

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I ordered Colters' Woman (Colters' Legacy, #1) by Maya Banks Sea Storm (Drake Sisters, #1 & #3) by Christine Feehan The Twilight Before Christmas (Includes  Drake Sisters, #2; Christmas, #2) by Christine Feehan Wolf Flight (Granite Lake Wolves, #2) by Vivian Arend. My pre-ordered copy of River Marked (Mercedes Thompson, #6) by Patricia Briggs is on its way.

Shannon  (bookjunkie57) | 240 comments Went to the UBS today and got Tanner's Scheme (Breeds, #9) by Lora Leigh. Then went to Goodwill and picked up Tall, Dark and Deadly by Lorie O'Clare Strong, Sleek and Sinful by Lorie O'Clare Hard Evidence (I-Team, #2) by Pamela Clare and The Price of Pleasure by Joan Elizabeth Lloyd

Linda Bought The Eyre Affair and The Alchemist today at the library's used bookstore. It was "buy one, get one free" day, so I got both for 75 cents total!

message 7: by Lisa (last edited Mar 06, 2011 07:00AM) (new)

Lisa So far, this month, I have purchased Where the God of Love Hangs Out by Amy Bloom Heart of the Matter by Emily Giffin Hating Valentine's Day by Allison Rushby A Reliable Wife by Robert Goolrick Beastly by Alex Flinn The Extraordinary Secrets of April, May, & June by Robin Benway...and I just picked up Audrey, Wait! by Robin Benway last night.

Sue T (SueTinge) I just got To Kill a Mockingbird in a goodreads swap.

Lori (Emmajeanjames) | 1 comments I purchased Candide, after an interesting talk with a philosophy professor.

Christine (diwataluna) | 2 comments So far, I found copies of
The Birth of Venus by Sarah Dunant The Remains of the Day by Kazuo Ishiguro and Spoon River Anthology by Edgar Lee Masters at a Books for Less shop. I also availed of a gift card. Promo says if I use it on April 2011, the value will double!

I almost got Postcards by Annie Proulx and three others but my boyfriend was already giving me an incredulous look. Next week!

message 12: by Linda (last edited Mar 04, 2011 04:21PM) (new)

Linda Finally had a chance to peak into Borders; I was surprised the one near me that is closing had everything reduced by only 25% (I was hoping for better deals). Anyhoo, I picked up:

The Hunger Games (already read it but my daughter wants to read it)
Summer by Edith Wharton
A Christmas Carol
The Importance of Being Earnest
(the last two for the Brit. Lit. class I'm teaching, so my daughter has her own copies.)

Tara Colleen (TaraColleen) | 3 comments So far in MARCH I have bought(at Borders) Await Your Reply, Visit From the Goon Squad, Dog On It, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Mathilda Savitch, Skippy Dies, Diary, and Rant! I went through an AWFUL break-up in 2010, and I replaced him with books! I LOVE to read them and I love to collect them! I know it would be cheaper and more wise for me to buy a Kindle or Nook, but I'm in love with buying books!! Oh well...Extremely Loud and Incredibly CloseDiaryRant: An Oral Biography of Buster CaseyAwait Your ReplyMathilda SavitchSkippy DiesDog on ItThe Scent of Rain and Lightning

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Bought Haunted by Joy Preble Witch Child by Celia Rees Incarceron (Incarceron, #1) by Catherine Fisher The Iron Witch (The Iron Witch, #1) by Karen Mahoney, pre-ordered Bite Club (The Morganville Vampires, #10) by Rachel Caine Retribution (Dark-Hunter World) by Sherrilyn Kenyon Hidden Embers (Dragon's Heat, #2) by Tessa Adams

Sarah | 2 comments The other day I ordered Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Finding It  And Satisfying My Hunger for Life Without Opening the Fridge by Valerie Bertinelli Testimony  by Anita Shreve Nikolski by Nicolas Dickner Uncharted TerriTORI by Tori Spelling

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 76 comments I just back from the library and bought
Highland Outlaw (Campbell Trilogy, #2) by Monica McCarty Highlander Ever After (Nvengaria, #3) by Jennifer Ashley The Dream-Hunter (Dark-Hunter, #10) (Dream-Hunter, #1) by Sherrilyn Kenyon

message 17: by [deleted user] (new)

message 18: by Haylee (last edited Mar 05, 2011 07:36PM) (new)

Haylee Luu | 4 comments My birthday is coming to townnnnnnnnn. Yeah, i got those
Blood Promise Shadow Kiss Blue MoonShadowland Dark FlameNight Star

Elaine (owlish) Just dropped by Borders the day before and got
Ape House Export Only by Sara Gruen Never Let Me Go (Movie Tie-In Edition) by Kazuo Ishiguro The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne

Danie (heyydanie) Just bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen in an airport yesterday. Nevermind that I still had three or four books that I brought with me to read, hahah!

Danie (heyydanie) And I checked out Half Price Books today and bought a whole mess of things.

Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk The Bourne Identity (Jason Bourne, #1) by Robert Ludlum Keeping Faith by Jodi Picoult Cat & Mouse (Alex Cross, #4) by James Patterson Pop Goes the Weasel (Alex Cross,#5)  by James Patterson The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini 1984 by George Orwell

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Went to a closing Borders store today and got Born to Bite (Argeneau Vampires, #13) by Lynsay Sands Demon from the Dark (Immortals After Dark, #10) by Kresley Cole Single White Vampire (Argeneau, #3) by Lynsay Sands Kiss of a Demon King (Immortals After Dark, #7) by Kresley Cole The Wolf Next Door (Westfield Wolves, #3) by Lydia Dare Deep Kiss of Winter (Includes  Immortals After Dark, #8; Alien Huntress, #5) by Kresley Cole Drink of Me by Jacquelyn Frank Dark Gold by Christine Feehan Bitten By Cupid (includes  Argeneau, #12.5 & Offspring, #2.5) by Lynsay Sands Dark Secret (Carpathians, #15) by Christine Feehan Tall, Dark and Hungry (Argeneau, #4) by Lynsay Sands The Renegade Hunter (Rogue Hunter, #3) (Argeneau, #12) by Lynsay Sands Hungry for You (Argeneau, #14) by Lynsay Sands

Got my first purchase of March, a delivery from Amazon: Where Shadows Dance by C.S. Harris

Erin Germain (Demiguise) | 83 comments Not supposed to be getting anything this month, since I wanted to let the wallet recover a little bit, but I couldn't help checking out the bargain bin at the supermarket the other night and found Third Wish by Robert Fulghum. I couldn't resist, although I'm not sure when I'll actually start reading it. I found one or two others in the bin that looked interesting, and am contemplating going back to get them.

message 25: by Sarah (last edited Mar 07, 2011 08:57PM) (new)

Sarah M Books I have bought in March so far
Graceling (The Seven Kingdoms Trilogy, #1) by Kristin Cashore Firelight (Firelight, #1) by Sophie Jordan The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Mistress Shakespeare by Karen Harper Falling Under (Falling Under, #1) by Gwen Hayes

Ilean (IleanFulton) | 158 comments Used 40% coupon at Borders got "The Blackcat" by Martha Grimes. Just the one book this month.

Amanda I purchased Religious Literacy  What Every American Needs to Know--And Doesn't by Stephen R. Prothero and Sailing Alone Around the World (Penguin Classics) by Joshua Slocumwith a gift card I had.

Amanda Danie wrote: "Just bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen in an airport yesterday. Nevermind that I still had three or four books that I brought with me to read, hahah!"

I just finished reading that book, it's so good!

message 29: by Ashley (last edited Mar 08, 2011 12:33PM) (new)

Ashley (Kittytenshi) | 2 comments I've bought:
Sing You Home by Jodi Picoult River Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6) by Patricia Briggs The Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie Kagawa Darkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie Moning Faefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning Pale Demon (Rachel Morgan/The Hollows #9) by Kim Harrison Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble (Jolie Wilkins, #1) by H.P. Mallory Toil and Trouble (Jolie Wilkins, #2) by H.P. Mallory
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness

I don't know where to start!!

Caitlin (CatsBooksandCritters) | 71 comments I bought Inside of a Dog  What Dogs See, Smell, and Know by Alexandra Horowitz today.

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments I've bought Dschinnland (Die Sturmkönige, #1) by Kai Meyer a few days ago and ordered Playing Hurt by Holly Schindler Like Mandarin by Kirsten Hubbard Some Girls Are by Courtney Summers.

Ashley wrote: "I've bought:
Sing You Home by Jodi PicoultRiver Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6) by Patricia BriggsThe Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaDarkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie MoningFaefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning[bookcover:Shadowfever|730420..."

Wow, Ashley, that is a tough choice. I've read "A Discovery of Witches" and love Kim Harrison and Patricia Briggs. Go eenie, meenie, miney moe with those three. :-)

Danie (heyydanie) Ashley wrote: "I've bought:
Sing You Home by Jodi PicoultRiver Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6) by Patricia BriggsThe Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaDarkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie MoningFaefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning[bookcover:Shadowfever|730420..."

Ah! I was going to buy Sing You Home the other day but stopped myself. Let me know how it is!

Ashley (Kittytenshi) | 2 comments Danie wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I've bought:
Sing You Home by Jodi PicoultRiver Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6) by Patricia BriggsThe Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaDarkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie MoningFaefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning[bookcover:Sha..."

Danie- Sing you home was great I could barely but it down! I think its one of her best! Its so well written I was questioning my own sexuality in it! She's brilliant!

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 311 comments Woe is me. Oh well, it was fun!! Plus it made me feel better after having a rough morning. Scott Westerfeld: Pretties (Uglies, #2) by Scott Westerfeld Uglies (Uglies, #1) by Scott Westerfeld Specials (Uglies, #3) by Scott Westerfeld Extras (Uglies, #4) by Scott Westerfeld

Sue T (SueTinge) My Daedalus books order just came in. I got Cover Her Face (Adam Dalgliesh, #1) by P.D. James The Name of the Rose by Umberto Eco The Chardonnay Charade (Wine Country Mystery, #2) by Ellen Crosby Blood Orange Brewing (A Tea Shop Mystery, #7) by Laura Childs Royal Flush (Her Royal Spyness Mysteries, #3) by Rhys Bowen and The Case of the Missing Servant (Vish Puri, #1) by Tarquin Hall

Danie (heyydanie) Ashley wrote: "Danie wrote: "Ashley wrote: "I've bought:
Sing You Home by Jodi PicoultRiver Marked (Mercy Thompson Series #6) by Patricia BriggsThe Iron King (Iron Fey, #1) by Julie KagawaDarkfever (Fever, #1) by Karen Marie MoningFaefever (Fever, #3) by Karen Marie Moning..."

Oh, yay! I'm so glad she came out with another one. I just finished House Rules a few days ago and loved it. She's one of my favorite authors, I'll have to check that one out!

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Just ordered Rode Hard, Put Up Wet (Rough Riders, #2) by Lorelei James Dark Desires After Dusk (Immortals After Dark, #6) by Kresley Cole and picked up The Wild Sight by Loucinda McGary

Maria Marquez | 1 comments I bougth: Xtabentum  A Novel of Yucatan by Rosy Hugener. It has new cover (Fo some reazon it dosent show in GR.And Room by Emma Donoghue

Erin Germain (Demiguise) | 83 comments Darn that bargain bin! I found two more books in it yesterday, and as they were both only $4.99, I had to grab them: The Toss of a Lemon by Padma Viswanathan and Fall of Frost  A Novel by Brian Hall.

Kim (kimflo) | 14 comments So far this month I've purchased: A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini, To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, Life of Pi by Yann Martel, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen, The World Is Flat  A Brief History of the Twenty-First Century by Thomas L. Friedman, and The Grapes of Wrath by John Steinbeck.

❥☪LIZZ NEILL☪❥ | 76 comments I bought yesterday from HPBs
Howling at the Moon (Tales of an Urban Werewolf, #1) by Karen MacInerney Total Eclipse (Weather Warden, #9) by Rachel Caine Dayhunter (Dark Days, #2) by Jocelynn Drake Unknown (Outcast Season, #2) by Rachel Caine The Darkest Passion (Lords of the Underworld, #5) by Gena Showalter Dawnbreaker (Dark Days, #3) by Jocelynn Drake The Darkest Lie (Lords of the Underworld, #6) by Gena Showalter Rogue (Shifters, #2) by Rachel Vincent Pride (Shifters, #3) by Rachel Vincent Prey (Shifters, #4) by Rachel Vincent Alpha (Shifters, #6) by Rachel Vincent

and from walmart
Pretty Little Liars (Pretty Little Liars #1) by Sara Shepard

Kim (kimflo) | 14 comments And today I just purchased from Amazon: Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

Nyla (nilly21) | 24 comments Danie wrote: "Just bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen in an airport yesterday. Nevermind that I still had three or four books that I brought with me to read, hahah!"

I just bought this also!

message 45: by Joseph (last edited Mar 11, 2011 04:49PM) (new)

I finally gave in and went to my closing Borders to pick up Change-up  Mystery at the World Series by John Feinstein and Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3) by Nicole Peeler for 30% off each. I figured with the way this store was emptying out so quickly, there wouldn't be anything left when they finally got to offering better deals like 40% or more. :-(

Christine | 16 comments I, too, went to my closing Borders and got Simply Suppers  Comfort Food You Can Get on the Table in No Time Flat by Jennifer Chandler I love cook books, although I need to actually start cooking more-I have good intentions. Yesterday I got Jane Eyre (Bantam Classics) by Charlotte Brontë and The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks at a not closing Borders haha. But The Lucky One was in the bargain books so I couldn't resist.

Kim (kimflo) | 14 comments Nyla wrote: "Danie wrote: "Just bought Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen in an airport yesterday. Nevermind that I still had three or four books that I brought with me to read, hahah!"

I just bought this..."

LOVED this book. I finished it a few days ago.

Kim (kimflo) | 14 comments Just purchased more from Amazon: The Woman in White by Wilkie Collins and One Hundred Years of Solitude by Gabriel García Márquez

Jack (echoicglory) | 41 comments Epic by Conor Kostick My Father's Keeper  She Had to Protect Him. He Made Her Promise. She Was His 10-year-old Daughter. by Julie Gregory Armagedon  2012 by Muhammad Alexander My Name Is Memory by Ann Brashares Blood Oath (The President's Vampire, #1) by Christopher Farnsworth

Uhh... So far... I've only managed to read ONE of it... Actually, currently reading one of it...

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Bought Pleasure of a Dark Prince (Immortals After Dark, #9) by Kresley Cole Dark Magic (Carpathians, #4) by Christine Feehan and a friend gave me The Claiming of Sleeping Beauty (Erotic Adventures of Sleeping Beauty, Book 1) by A.N. Roquelaure Beauty's Punishment (Sleeping Beauty, #2) by A.N. Roquelaure Beauty's Release (Sleeping Beauty, #3) by A.N. Roquelaure

« previous 1 3 4