Succubus discussion

Demons, Werewolves, and Mortals, Oh my!

Comments (showing 1-6 of 6) (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ellison (new)

Ellison James | 4 comments Just thought I would introduce myself as the newest member of the group. I am the author of "Lovestruck Succubus" a paranormal erotic fantasy.

My question is this: Do you prefer reading about succubi in the traditional sense? (wings, horns, red skin) Or, are you okay with a succubus that looks like a normal person. What about a shapeshifting demon succubus?

And should werewolves be traditional, or can they be able to shapeshift at will?

message 2: by Winnie (new)

Winnie (win30) Shapeshifting... Werewolves should shape-shift.

message 3: by Ellison (new)

Ellison James | 4 comments Yes, I should have emphasized shapeshifting "AT WILL." There are some that believe that werewolves, demons, ghosts, and other paranormal entities should be depicted in realistic or traditional sense. Some want werewolve that only change by the full moon, and become mindless beasts, demons should all sport wings, horns, and red skin, and be innately evil.

There are other readers (especially in the paranormal and erotic genre) that like their demons, ghosts and werewolves to be more accessible; more human.

My question, therefore, is: which do you prefer? Do you lean toward the traditional as seen in classic horror movies, or do you prefer a new twist on such beings?

message 4: by Winnie (new)

Winnie (win30) I like twist... I mean there are two sides to everyone. Good and Bad, Kind or Wicked, Lust or Love, Hate or passion... it all depends on who or what you choose. Take for example Julie Kagawa... her imagination of the Iron Fey! Most people who knows a-little about folklore, knows Iron and fey don't Mixed. BUT her twist was mind blowing and i Loved every minute of it. And there is Karen Marie Moning... her character Barrons... I mean he was dark... and in his world there are no rules, yet I found it erotic and sexy... and wished were me. (The sex scene). Different is originality and thats what grabs my attention.

message 5: by Ellison (new)

Ellison James | 4 comments I like a twist also. I love it when I can believe a character is normal for the story when, in real life, they would be so far-fetched and unbelievable that they could not possibly exist.

In my story "Lovestruck Succubus" I actually surprised my own editor when she read about my character Raif Lungren and found out, about halfway through the book exactly what secret he was holding. I dropped hints throughout the story about his true nature but she read them as something completely different. I was relieved when she told me she was surprised in a good way and liked the twist. It was a twist not only within the plot, but within his character.

message 6: by Winnie (last edited Mar 02, 2011 03:10PM) (new)

Winnie (win30) Wow. Books are my own get away. Therefore the unreal, becomes a real private Havana... for me. A place where i can go to get lost in my own private world.

unread topics | mark unread