Q&A with J.A. Konrath discussion

Shaken and Jack Daniels

Comments (showing 1-11 of 11) (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by J.A. (new)

J.A. Konrath | 47 comments Mod
Any specific questions about Shaken in particular, it's sequel, Stirred, or Jack Daniels in general, are welcome in this thread.

message 2: by Tyson (new)

Tyson Adams | 1 comments Hi Joe,
This is part comment and part question. The end of Shaken felt like one of those "to be continued" moments from a TV show, so will the new book literally pick up where the last left off or will it be as stand alone as possible?

message 3: by J.A. (new)

Tyson wrote: "Hi Joe,
This is part comment and part question. The end of Shaken felt like one of those "to be continued" moments from a TV show, so will the new book literally pick up where the last left off or..."

It'll stand alone and also be a continuation.

I did this same thing with Fuzzy Navel and Cherry Bomb. One comes right after the other.

There is also an upcoming book, SERIAL KILLERS UNCUT, which will fill in a lot of gaps in my books and my co-author, Blake Crouch's books.

message 4: by Lea (new)

Lea (Vagabondia) | 3 comments Love love love the Jack Daniels series! I'll admit it... i picked it up because of the name and I have never been disappointed. So glad to see a new one! Would you ever consider letting the series be adapted for the screen? any thoughts on that?

message 5: by J.A. (new)

If Hollywood wants to pay me, I'll take the money and run.

message 6: by Nick (new)

Nick Kelly (Nick_Kelly) | 1 comments Just posted my review here and on our site, horrorview.com . I loved it. The pacing is great, and c'mon, the 80's references were hilarious!

message 7: by Jan (new)

Jan I would love to see this series adapted for the big screen or the flat one...it's better than Stephaine Plum ever hoped to be with plots as engaging as Patterson used to have! I've read them all and may go back for a reread when I'm desperate for entertainment.

message 8: by Steven (new)

Steven (TBones) | 6 comments I started reading the first chapter of Whiskey Sour and was so quickly drawn in to this cops world and I totally love the humor in this. The pizza truck line gave me such a chuckle...I had to share that part with my wife. Anyway, I was wondering if there have been any thoughts for a TV series with Jack Daniels? If not I think even some webisodes or even an animated series would kick butt. Check out an animated short on Youtube called Blackwater Gospel, I think these animators could do an awesome job with J.D.

message 9: by Tialisa (new)

Tialisa | 1 comments I love listening to the Audiobooks while mowing my lawn. I spent hours working on who would play which character so far I have, Debra Messing as Jack, Tom Arnold as Harry, Vin Diesel or the Rock as Finn, John Goodman as Herb or we could get Tom Cruise to play them all.

message 10: by Tammy (new)

Tammy (coxtamtoes) | 1 comments I am new to this series! I'm only a few pages into "Whiskey Sour" and I am already hooked. I can't wait to get deep into the story.

message 11: by Lijaco (new)

Lijaco | 1 comments I picture Ellen Degeneres as Jack for some reason.

unread topics | mark unread