Who's Your Author? discussion

Archives - '11 - '12 > Chloe Neill - AOM Challenge

Comments (showing 1-19 of 19) (19 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jess (last edited Feb 27, 2011 05:52AM) (new)

Jess | 3721 comments The challenge this month is to read or re-read a book by Chloe Neill.

Let us know which book you are reading, and what you think of it when you finish. The list of participants will be kept in this thread.

If you would like to see a list of Neill's books, visit her bio thread HERE.

AOM Challenge Participants
Jess

message 2: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I am going to read Firespell

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (sarah_anne) | 253 comments I just got Hexbound from the library. It looks to be just as short as Firespell, so should be a quick read!

Diane ~Firefly~ | 62 comments Just finished Twice Bitten. I really like Merit, probably because she is kind of snarky.

message 5: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments For some reason the book I ordered was sent to the wrong library so now I have to put a hold on it again. Not sure it will get to me on time.

Anyone else taken up the challenge of reading a book by Neill?

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (Nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments I will be either reading or listening to one of the Chicagoland books...

Which one were you waiting for Jess?

message 7: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Firespell. I got a notice it was available last week and when I got to the library it wasn't there. I asked them what was going on and they said it was a glitch in the system. But they couldn't place it on a hold again since I was at the maximum number of holds (only 15! Which is a sad number lol)

Nichole ~Bookaholic~ (Nicholebookaholic) | 672 comments Well that sucks...you would think that with it being their glitch they would fix it

message 9: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments This is NYC, people care even less here than in other places lol.

message 10: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 62 comments Jess wrote: "Firespell. I got a notice it was available last week and when I got to the library it wasn't there. I asked them what was going on and they said it was a glitch in the system. But they couldn't place it on a hold again since I was at the maximum number of holds (only 15! Which is a sad number lol) "

You think that is bad. I can only have 3 books on hold at my library.

message 11: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Wow, that is terrible!! What's weird is that I can only put 15 books on hold but I can take out as many as I want. Too bad the library nearest me doesn't have anything so most of my books have to be put on hold through the ILL.

message 12: by Jacy (last edited Mar 15, 2011 08:00PM) (new)

Jacy (Jazabell) | 214 comments Not only does my library system not have any of her books, so I can't even do a ILL...neither did the local Borders and it is the only bookstore within 40 miles. I really wanted to read "Some Girls Bite", but I've already spent my book money for the month so I'll have to wait until next month to get to her :(

message 13: by Gemma (new)

Gemma (BookMoodReviews) | 101 comments I'm going to try to read Some Girls Bite

message 14: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments Jacy wrote: "Not only does my library system not have any of her books, so I can't even do a ILL...neither did the local Borders and it is the only bookstore within 40 miles. I really wanted to read "Some Girls..."

Wow that's so weird that the borders didn't have a copy! My library doesn't have her either though and it's really annoying!!

message 15: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (Jazabell) | 214 comments Yeah it's really weird because there are three Borders in the Santa Rosa area and none of them carry her...I could have order it from their on-line store. Two are the little ones inside the malls, but still.

message 16: by Diane ~Firefly~ (new)

Diane ~Firefly~ | 62 comments Jess wrote: "Jacy wrote: "Not only does my library system not have any of her books, so I can't even do a ILL...neither did the local Borders and it is the only bookstore within 40 miles. I really wanted to rea...

Wow that's so weird that the borders didn't have a copy! My library doesn't have her either though and it's really annoying!! "

I was lucky enough to read all three of Chicagoland Vampires from my library, plus I just found the first two at Half Price books on sale for $3 each the other day.

message 17: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I think I borrowed the first one from a friend, or maybe through bookswap. Something.. and then I couldn't wait to read the next one so I just got it through my kindle. Then I just bought the rest the same way.

I also changed library systems, the first didn't have any, the new one has Firespell but not Chicagoland Vamps. Not sure why libraries do that.

message 18: by Jacy (new)

Jacy (Jazabell) | 214 comments I can't change my library because it's a county system not a city one. But I can ask the librarian on the base my husband's stationed at, if we could get some of her books. If they have extra money sometimes they put in requests, especially if it's something other people seem interested in. I'm more likely to get her YA novels because they try to get lots of books for the teenagers. I may also get a little special treatment because I donated some brand new books, I had extra copies. But I'm most likely going to have to purchase them. And if I don't care for it...I can always give it to the base library and encourage others to read.

message 19: by Jess (new)

Jess | 3721 comments I don't think you'll regret buying them Jacy. They were really good.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Hexbound (other topics)
Some Girls Bite (other topics)