The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P discussion

Alex Pettyfer as Jace Wayland?? Not!.. Why?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 190) (190 new)    post a comment »

gNina ALEX PETTYFER DITCHES JACE WAYLAND OVER THOMAS WARD..
Disappointing news for those "Alex-Pettyfer-for-Jace-Wayland-Role" fans (ahem! myself included)according to Vulture (nymag.com) ditches Mortal Instruments (by our dearly beloved author Cassandra Clare) over Last Apprentice (Joseph Delany, I haven't read his book so I have no right to slam his novels).
Quoting "as much as Pettyfer likes the Instruments series, he likes The Last Apprentice books even more"

Here's the link of the complete Vulture news..
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/...

gNina But still keeping my hopes up.. He's just perfect for the role.. his hair is so Jace Wayland.

Daylighter (Pantea13) | 260 comments thought you might want to see this

http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/2011/02...

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I didn't want him to be Jace anyway....

Erin (EasyPeasy) | 3 comments I am very upset about this. I hope they get the actor right because he will make or break the movie.

gNina I also got other one in mind, he's name is Lucas Till form Taylor Swift's You belong with me video and Hannah Montana the movie.. I saw him on The Spy Next Door movie and I think he could be Jace..

description
description

gNina I got this on Perez Hilton site about Alex Pettyfer..

One of the ugly gossips about his attitude problem..

"-Demanded $10 million for Screen Gems' Mortal Instruments, which caused an immediate end to a meeting"

message 8: by Liliana ♥s Mythology (last edited Mar 03, 2011 09:29AM) (new)

Liliana ♥s Mythology Oh yeah. I heard about that. Tsk tsk Alex. Just take the dang role!!

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

I don't really want Alex Pettyfer to be Jace... he did a good job in "I Am Number Four," but, I just don;t think he'll be that good as Jace.

Ryleigh | 84 comments Oh I THINK HE WILL !

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay, your opinion. :)

James (RedVelvetEyes) | 3 comments I don't think he fits the arrogant-character vibe. I watched the trailer for Beastly, and the part where he was still non-beastly didn't work for me. :P

Lindsey (ileftmyheartinforks) i was actually really on the fence about him playing jace because i would have it rather be ome unknown but the character of jace really has to be perfect. all of the things being said about the roles are not really set in stone yet. i just saw an interview were he didnt completely deny but im sure we will here soon enough. anyway after i saw beastly i could totally see him playing jace, alough i dont find him very attractive i think he could pull it off, itll be all about the chemistry with lily collins too. i just really hope they get it right whoever it may be! Jace is my absolutle favorite fictional character..so im crossing my fingers.

Ryleigh | 84 comments Ya me too

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Did you see him in I Am Number Four?

Liliana ♥s Mythology OMFG I did!! It was Amazing!!!! Loved it...and him ;)

message 17: by Emily (last edited Mar 12, 2011 01:25PM) (new)

Emily | 4 comments That better be a rumor.......I was sooooo hoping for him to play Jace! Come on Alex, please take the role!!!!!!!!!!

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

LilianaCullenTheShadowhunter wrote: "OMFG I did!! It was Amazing!!!! Loved it...and him ;)"

I wanna see it!

Liliana ♥s Mythology you should...its good :) but then again, alex is in it ;)

Ryleigh | 84 comments Emily wrote: "That better be a rumor.......I was sooooo hoping for him to play Jace! Come on Alex, please take the role!!!!!!!!!!"

I know I really don't want that to be true if he doesnt take the role I WILL LIKE STALK HIM TILL HE DOES !=0

Naomi (catfanatic) I just got home from 'Beastly'. It was amazing and I can totally see him playing Jace. Next I really want to see 'I am Number Four'. It looks really good.

Ryleigh | 84 comments yUP !

message 23: by [deleted user] (last edited Mar 19, 2011 12:18PM) (new)

OMGosh! I saw him in Beastly, he is AMAZING!

Jen  (jennifer_ashmy) | 10 comments That would be amazing. Loved him in Beastly.

Liliana ♥s Mythology I need to watch Beastly!! But our theater wont get the movie until next Friday =/

Jen  (jennifer_ashmy) | 10 comments oh what a bummer Liliana ^^
I'm actually gonna re-watch Beastly sometime next week with some of my cousins who haven't watched it yet. I am officially on a quest to turn everybody I know into an Alex Pettyfer fan :D But yea Beastly is an adorable movie and I would love to see Alex as Jace.

Violet I think Douglas Booth would be perfect for Jace. He's exactly as i envisioned him in my head while reading. What do you guys think?

Jen  (jennifer_ashmy) | 10 comments Violet wrote: "I think Douglas Booth would be perfect for Jace. He's exactly as i envisioned him in my head while reading. What do you guys think?"

he would be an amazing choice as well.

Katherine Guys, Cassie Clare has said the whole "Alex Pettyfer ditching MI for something else" is a complete rumor. He's actually been offered the part of Jace. They're just waiting for him to get his schedule figured out, etc. In the meantime tons of other guys are being considered. But seeing as he's *been offered the part* there is a huge and very real possibility that he'll be Jace. (he also said he read the books over christmas break and really likes them, and Jace's character.)

message 30: by Liliana ♥s Mythology (last edited Mar 21, 2011 08:57AM) (new)

Liliana ♥s Mythology Tha just gives me some hope. We've been waiting for the longest time that I almost gave up on him...I cant believe I just said that! lol
But he would make such a great Jace! i hope he really does that the role..

Jen  (jennifer_ashmy) | 10 comments that's great to hear Katherine ^^, gives me hope too :)

Ryleigh | 84 comments Violet wrote: "I think Douglas Booth would be perfect for Jace. He's exactly as i envisioned him in my head while reading. What do you guys think?"

He is my 2nd choice because I think Alex is better for the part !

Katherine I havent seen Alex's new movies yet. I've heard some mixed things about his acting, so I'm really hoping it's good, cause he definitely looks the part. It sucks when a main actor doesn't do a good job, because then the whole movie gets a bad rep. and then the books do too.

Teresa | 34 comments His movies are awesome! I love him so much hes such an good actor, its really depressing how he refused the role for jace :( He would have been perfect, now the movie will probably be horrible :(

Teresa | 34 comments nvm mind what I just said about Jace, I didn't read the comment before...LOL

Katherine Haha it's cool..Apparently he just hasn't decided yet. Well good to hear :) though Cassie said they didn't do well in the box office or whatever, so that's not a good sign.

Emilie (gingeraffe) | 10 comments I really hope he take's the role as Jace! Alex is the closest you can get to him! I'll be sad if he dosen't take the role... :(

Katherine Me too. But it's good to remember there are a lot of really good, talented actors out there, and hollywood can do amazing things to make him look the part

Emilie (gingeraffe) | 10 comments Ya good point! I guess I'll have to keep an open mind!

Teresa | 34 comments True, true, true :P

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

After seeing Alex in Beastly I can now see him being a pretty good Jace. So... I guess I want him to do it now. lol.

Teresa | 34 comments totally

Katherine So I've actually been hearing some not so great things about Alex..it's sounding like the "he demanded waay too much money" thing is true, as well as that he doesn't have a great attitude. In all his interviews lately (according to Cassie) he keeps saying he's still thinking about the role. He's losing a lot of fans because he's not at all passionate about the role...

Katherine Also--I don't know a lot about this, so it's mostly speculation. But months ago when Lily Collins was cast, she said they're scheduled to start filming in April. As of right now, she's STILL the only one cast. Cassie says they can't cast anyone else before Jace. Clary would look pretty funny parading around in the movie all alone...
Obviously they can't start filming for a very long time now. It's been so long..do you think Alex is holding things up?

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

Ugh! Butt-head! Why won't he just make up his freaking mind?!?!?!

Katherine I'm actually hoping he won't take it anymore (sorry to everyone who disagrees!) but I need someone who reeally wants the role! I know there are others who could do a great job.

Daylighter (Pantea13) | 260 comments i want Max Irons for Jace now =)

Katherine Sounds like he's the new favorite. I haven't seen him act yet, and it's hard to tell from pictures. Buut I've heard good things.

Daylighter (Pantea13) | 260 comments i decided i like him for Jace after watching this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydK8JE...

Katherine Ahhh thanks! I like him too now. He just like, channels Jace so much...

« previous 1 3 4

The Mortal Instruments Series LOVERS! :P

unread topics | mark unread