Kenyons Minions discussion

Dark Hunter : Manga & Novellas > A Hard Day's Night-Searcher (Book 9.1)

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by valee (new)

valee This is the review from my good friend Danielle about the novella:

"A Hard Day's Night-Searcher by Sherrilyn Kenyon. Yay. A Black Dark-Hunter paired with a Black female Squire. Thank you, Ms. Kenyon. This is about Rafael Santiago, who was a pirate in his mortal life, and OCD Squire Celena, who's afraid to lose yet another Dark-Hunter to the ongoing battle with the Daimons. They end up crashing an Apollite wedding teeming with Daimons. This was a really good story, but it felt way too short to me. Sort of an abbreviated version of a full-length Dark-Hunter novel. Everything was resolved, but I felt like I wanted more. Four stars.

message 2: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments To be honest out of this whole story I actually found the Apollite wedding to be the most interesting part of this story. I mean I applaud SK for being very diverse in her characters. And thought it was great to see some characters that didn't seem to be mostly caucasian as I'm black myself. But I was kind of bored with the story.

message 3: by valee (new)

valee Doesn't sound good, I guess I won't be running to read it,LOL.

message 4: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments Well it is kind of very formulaic. You know there is the DH meets/knows the girl. They fall for each other. Have the tender love scene moment fall for each other mother. And there is the typical squire acting like he is getting picked on cause he is the squire. But in this case he is so dumb he writes and gets a story published about the actual DH world and thinks he did nothing wrong. Which I wanted to strangle him myself for that.

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 353 comments When I read about Rafael in Danger/Alexion's book I was curious about him, he looked really good on paper(you know what I mean ;) and also sweet!!! That scene outside Kyro's house with Danger and Alexion's getting jealous of Rafael...that was so cute. Anyway I liked how true to Ash Rafael was and I loved him for it, that's why I wanted to read his novella. I'm glad he got his HEA. His novella was ok but not what I expected. I also was surprised that Rafael and Celena were a no-show in Ash's wedding...Hmm :(

message 6: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments Well I think for Ash's wedding he wanted people that he was more close to. And from the start that has been the New Orleans crew. He may tolerate others but his second home of sorts is Kyrian, Amanda, Tabby and the others.

message 7: by Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Nov 09, 2011 12:42PM) (new)

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 353 comments True, I just thought every DH that got their HEA owed him to be there , you know? But you're right, it was Ash's wedding so he would have invited his closest friends.

message 8: by Tempi (last edited Nov 09, 2011 12:15PM) (new)

Tempi | 234 comments Makes you wonder who is Thorn going to invite at his wedding since he's kind of short on friends. Oh wait he has an army of demons and maybe his dad could pop in. Is it a bad omen to have Satan at your wedding? lol And they could do it on 6/6/2066 just for shits and giggles

message 10: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments Haha that would be something else. But come to think of it. It can't be too bad of an omen to have Satan there. After all Thorn would have to sorta kind of admit to being the KID of satan to said bride to be anyway. So be kind of normal and be all "ignore the rat bastard that is daddy satan dearest over there". Or better yet on his invitation be all "your cordially invited but leave the brimstone, hooves, and taking of souls at the door please. We're civilized now."

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 353 comments Thorn needs an Angel for a bride, that will piss of Daddy Satan for sure...LOl

message 12: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments True that. Does Marissa have a sister? Oh wait she just has Havers. Nevermind, lol.

message 13: by Tempi (new)

Tempi | 234 comments Yep I agree. There has to be some angels liying around here. If you are going to put Satan, his son and Archangels in the mix there has to be some cherubs.

P.S. The Warden wrote on her facebook that she just finished Lover Reborn!
"Well it’s a official! Tohr is off to New York- on the final count he came in at 194,057 words/813 pages- which is just short of Rehv, but definitely longer than John Matthew by a healthy margin. Balled at the end- just f’in balled even though I knew what to expect- there’s one scene in particular that gets me EVERY time!”

message 14: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments Well one can hope that he predominately gets some read time with his HEA. I would hate to be sucked in to that many chapters to be reading about someone else so much.

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 353 comments I'm so exited about Lover Reborn, I hate the wait!!!!!!!

message 16: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 222 comments Lizabel Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror wrote: "I'm so exited about Lover Reborn, I hate the wait!!!!!!!"
Are you talking about the Blackdagger Brotherhood series Lizabel? I just started reading the series just finished Lover Awaken and I must say it has been my favorite so far I just love Zsadist and Bella. So I am so looking forward to Lover Reborn I hope he gets his soulmate back. Just a quick question I get all my books on nook but sometimes the page number does not match what others say, how many pages was Lover Awaken and how many pages is the next book I think it is Lover revealed?

message 17: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments I have not a clue Adoore. But it was more than enough to make my eyes glaze over with each of the books I read in that series, lol. But I think someone told me once that for ereaders some of the pages are less than the physical copies. So could be a couple of pages than the paper back, but I don't think Nook would gip ya though on the story.

message 18: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 222 comments I keep hearing that about Nook. Thank you Dhfan4life.

message 19: by Dhfan4life, Honey Bun (new)

Dhfan4life | 8854 comments No prob. Could also be how the settings are too. Just a guess though.

message 20: by Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror (last edited Nov 14, 2011 01:25PM) (new)

Lizabel Barrons-Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror | 353 comments Adoore wrote: "Lizabel Kattalakis-Quiakides-Tehrror wrote: "I'm so exited about Lover Reborn, I hate the wait!!!!!!!"
Are you talking about the Blackdagger Brotherhood series Lizabel? I just started reading the s..."

Lover Awakened in PB has 434 pages and Lover Revealed in PB has 455. You can find all the different editions (PB, HB, E-books, Kindle, etc.)in goodreads and then add them to your lists.

message 21: by Adoore (new)

Adoore | 222 comments Thank you Lizabel for information.

unread topics | mark unread