R-R-Rolling! discussion

pirates roleplay > pirate roleplay

Comments (showing 11918-11967)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 239 240

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Girlies........ And male charries.......

I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*cries joyfully*

Jenny, this is the new group-> http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/9... JOINJOINJOINJOIN.

Ya. Yep. *sigh* I want more ice cream.))

message 11966: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. ((hey sorry y'all my computer was being dumb and never emailed me about new posts))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Yipee!! Thanks Zoe. ^-^

No, not yet. If you want to transfer with us the group is called Pirates, Ice cream and Teddy Bears. I'll have to set up the rp topic.))

message 11964: by Simply (new)

Simply (NinjaoftheKeyboard) (( this post is to save time.

Afterwards, Tony is taken back yo the kitchen where no one seems to even give him a glance. He's fed and given the essentials, but Shilo never comes back. When asked about, the crew will reply they haven't seen her since she got punished.

Over the next day, Sting goes from bad to worse as an infection settles in and Dane realizes he better make some friends...fast.

Leo aimlessly wanders about.

Then they dock.

The end))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((YAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Way to go Cassi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Yeaaaaaaaaaaah...... A bunch of people have told me about it, and they got me to read it. Five minutes in I sorta felt scarred for life. ;P The symbol reminds me of a black hole, just btw. I think the rainbow/top hat fit you very well, I'm a bit sad to see it gone. >.< I've liked a lot of the pics you use.))

message 11961: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Yup, what Dawn said. :> We're just keen to see you improve- I wish someone had told me stuff like this when I first joined goodreads around your age.

Haha, I wanted to change it so just used the first thing that came to mind. It's the symbol for a space affinity thing in Homestuck... Maybe you've heard of it? It's an interactive webcomic and the most confusing thing you will ever read.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Also, I like your new pic Seraph. ^-^ But.... what is it?))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((If you don't want to do it you can just tell us. Although, we'd all rather you at least tried. And please don't think I, or the others, are being cynical. We're trying to help if we can.))

message 11958: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((-20 hours later-
XD You can do it, Cassi! Trust me, it really pays off when you can really get into your characters and they almost start thinking for themselves, the description feels so natural.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((well, you just did the same thing you've been doing... ;) Just made it a little longer. You're dealing with the classic problem I have, as well as everyone else. You tell what's going on instead of showing it. It's the words you use and the things you see that make up showing. Here:
---------
Telling:
I went down the street. There was a squirrel. I ran up to it. "Hi!"

Showing:
Walking down the street I happened to spot a squirrel. Excitedly, I ran up to it, screaming, "Hi!"
--------
There are many levels of showing and telling, like I could go deeper even still and say
-------
I hate the sun. Whenever I am outside it constantly glares at me, bringing the dirt below my feet to an almost unbearable temperature. The scuffle and crunch of my shoes along the street had remained the only sound..... Until now. What was that? I lifted my head, narrowing my eyes. Is..... Is that a squirrel? I noted its little body hunched over an acorn a few yards ahead of me. Suddenly excitement pumped through my heart and a grin spread across my face. "Hi!" I screamed as I raced towards the squirrel.
------------
I am determined to make an exceptional, mind blowing writer of you Cassi. ^-^ If we know each other for the next while.... :P

Try again, this time use body language, the senses, feelings, to describe and draw a picture of Karana.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Just your latest one. Don't be afraid to go slow, take your time describing details. ;) *waves colored flag* GO CASSI!!!! GO!!!!! You can do this!!!! ))

message 11955: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Hey, it was accurate to his character! XD
Besides, there's probably going to be a lot more alcohol involved in this rp so she'll have to be ok with stuff like that.

Try taking one of your earlier posts Cassi, then repost it just for practice after you've added more detail. :>))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Of course you had to give a guy with a hangover as your example......... Don't ruin this innocent child's mind!!!!!! *hugs Cassi and shields her from Seraph-who-is-slowly-turning-into-Isaac*))

message 11953: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Basically, no matter how old you are or what classes you're in, I think goodreads offers a great chance to improve your writing. Try adding a little more description, how the characters feel rather than just the bare bones of what they're doing. :)
For example "Bob groaned as he sat up, squeezing his eyes firmly closed in an attempt to stop the world from spinning around him. Although he honestly couldn't remember most of last night the slow pounding in his head sped up to match his growing sense of dread. His eyes drifted open almost against his will, taking in the rich red wood and rocking of the floor beneath him- this movement not hangover-induced. He was on a ship, that part was good. The bad news? It wasn't his ship. The pirate let out another groan of pure misery as he dropped his head into his hands again."

With just a few adjectives, some grammar and a few mentions of our poor Bob's thoughts the post became a little more detailed than:

"Bob sat up. He had been drunk last night. He looked around. He saw the ship wasnt his."

^^
Don't worry if you're closer to the second than the first right now- we were all at that level at some point. I shudder to see my posts at the start of this roleplay.
But try to improve you writing! It's great fun.
Try type an example post like I did before, then add some description of the area around your character as well as their thoughts and feelings. :) ))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((It's not about how smart you are, it's experience. Basically you do have less experience than us, and I'm worried, if you wanted to be a real part in this paticular rp, that you might get confused or left behind in many cases. You're fine the way you are Cassi, I was in the same area as you in this when I was 12 and started GR.))

message 11951: by Simply (new)

Simply (NinjaoftheKeyboard) ((I agree. Most of our posts average on six to eight sentences if not more. Your one-liners are the evidence of a vacillating role player. I'm afraid that because I'm the whip-cracker of the group, I'm going to tell you right now it's bordering on unacceptable.

Most of us are around 16, (I'm 14) and all of us (I assume) are in an advanced class(es) or AP for English. For example, my school does not offer AP English for a 12th grader, so I go and take English at the college in my town - and yes, I am a Freshman.

It is also important to note that your posts can go from weak to impressive with just a few added adjectives, a simile here, impressive nouns, proper usage of tense, etc.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((^v^ You're fine right now, Cassi. Don't worry about it too much.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Into propose? And you're a bit older than I thought, which was ten...... ;) I'm sixteen, and I don't know for sure about the others, but they're around the same. I was just wondering because we like to do a lot of advanced stuff in this rp, and I just wanted to know if you would be able to keep up with that if you were to join all the way.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Cassi, I have a question. You don't have to answer if you don't want to, but how old are you?))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Okay, I'll make it public until everyone joins, and delete those we don't want that try to join.

Everyone will be mods. ^-^))

message 11946: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((I joined! But only mods can invite people in private groups...))

message 11945: by Simply (new)

Simply (NinjaoftheKeyboard) ((I'm not sure I'm friends with any of y'all actually...))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Zoe I don't have you on a friend list, so I couldn't invite you directly. Is Seraph on your friend's list? I'll have her invite you once she joins in.))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Oh, I didn't see ya Seraph. I'll send the invites right now.

Jesse: ..... *energy starts to come off him in electricity*
Me: Wh-
Jesse: When are we LANDING!?!?!?!?!? I can't TAKE it anymore!!!!!!!!!
Me: Wh-
Jesse: I need my knives BAAAAAAACK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Me: Y-
Jesse: Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease????????
Me: Someone's-
Jesse: GAH!!! I'm gonna go find Rylan!!
Me: *just satisfied she got one word in*))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((What do you not get?))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Haha... Poor Cassi. ^-^ This group we are currently in is in danger of being deleted. Zoe (Rated N), Seraph, Jenny, and I want to continue this rp with the pirates because we've been doing it for years already, so to keep it safe I am copy/pasting the past posts into a different group, and then when I'm finished we'll just start rping there.))

message 11940: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Yup, sounds good. Have you sent us an invite? I'm also on an iPod and it's kind of derping out...
What are you confused about?))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((The group is made, and I totally counted wrong. I actually had 37 pages left to copy over, but now I'm just about done switching it all over. Should we start the new group once everyone docks? It'll probably be ready by then. (And someone else will have to put up a pic if we want one, I'm on an iPod and can't).))

βεℓℓα のαωη Thoughts and curses flew over Antonio and vanished at this sudden rejection. What fraction did Jesse occupy in this negotiation? He would have to be close to this woman if she decided things so recklessly. She did not know Antonio, nor require a need to. Yet she already had an outlook on him, and had based the whole meeting on that. Antonio acknowledged that the cut-off was entirely his fault. He should've caught that centerpiece emotion from the woman, and gone off that instead of what he had done. Harm was placed, and now he needed to step through mines to get out without a mess.

Antonio stood, declining a bow or nod in knowing it would be better to just leave. At least he understood better this Captain's temperament and the way which he should weave.

message 11937: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((I'm not sure if Dawn's made it yet, but none of us have received an invite either so don't worry.))

message 11936: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((We're making a new one. I believe Dawn is being an angel and transferring the posts over for us.))

message 11935: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((We decided to move this roleplay into a new, separate group, just in case something happens to this one due to all the 18+ stuff on here. Is that ok with you?))

message 11934: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Yep, always. I'm just waiting on Jenny, and Zoe's waiting for Dawn... Then we can get ready to move to the new group! :>))

message 11933: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Me: Yeah, who would do something like that? Terrible.
Isaac: My limited supply of intelligent people to talk to is diminishing :(
Me: At least we know it'll be dramatic!))

message 11932: by Simply (new)

Simply (NinjaoftheKeyboard) ((Sting: if Jesse dies, I will kill Dawn with my bare hands.))

message 11931: by Simply (new)

Simply (NinjaoftheKeyboard) Sting didn't move, didn't breath. Her face didn't react, and her mind went blank. Then emotion began to flood a consciousness she didn't think she had at all. She hated him.

This...Antonio was terrible. Out rightly pompous and looked down on her as if she were a small child. He avoided the question, and was purposefully angering her by doing so. He was arrogant, and impeccably annoying with every useless syllable that slid between his teeth. That laugh set her on edge and made her want to grind her teeth. He was no longer welcome. If needed, she would torture him herself.

"Return him to the kitchen. I want this filthy man out off my sight." She told Dane while her unwavering gaze took on the fires of hell. Staring harshly at Antonio, she felt Jesse's hate for him. She only hated him for the way he conducted himself! Jesse's wish for his demise went beyond that.

βεℓℓα のαωη ((PLUS.

Whilst swimming through old posts, I found a picture of Isaac. It.... expired... and is now this. http://blogs.warwick.ac.uk/images/jes I wonder what went wrong.... ;) ))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((And I hope Zoe isn't sick too. :{ ))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Me: *raises hand* Can I at least send Jesse on a vaca to collect himself? He's no fun when he's all depressive and stressed out.... No offense...
Jesse: Don't worry, I felt no offense in that statement. Just denial.
Me: Mrh.... You're right. I deny the current phase in which you dwell!!! So until you are back to normal Fern is my new favorite!!
Fern/Dawn: ^v^ *hugs*))

message 11927: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Me: *mutters evil plans to self* I want to tell you all everything but then again I want to surprise you... Such a dilemma!
Isaac: Wow, new charrie galore.
Me: By the way thank you forever for doing that *hugs all around*))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((And I'm definitly killing Zethra. He's no fun. I'm gonna replace him with Xander.
Xander: I am perfectly fine hovering in the abyss.
Me: ........................... You will come.
Fern: Yay!! I found a mushroom!!!!))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Sorry, I'm ill. I'm not thinking. It's just that going through the past posts and rereading everything while putting up the new group reminded me of who Jesse really is and what happened in his childhood. Seriously, one who is so dramatical/confused/and-has-suicidal-thoughts might've actually tried something by now. WHAAAAAAAW!!!!!!!! *goes and bawls in a corner*
Jesse: I'm not that bad.........
Btw, I've only got 17 or so more pages to go!!!))

message 11924: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments ((Isaac: ... No.
Me: *silently freaking out*
Isaac: Seriously. Please don't die. You might give her idea-
Me: HOLD UP CAN WE JUST TALK ABOUT THIS JESSE MAYBE YOU HAVE OTHER CHOICES THINK IT OVER HAVE A CUP OF TEA AND CALM DOWN-
Isaac: *shoves cake in face* Shh....))

βεℓℓα のαωη ((Almost done!! And just a heads up I've firmly decided that Jesse is gonna die. So is Zethra.... +.+))

message 11922: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments "Two heads are better than one." Isaac pointed out. He was on a roll with this quoting business. Many bored hours reading books while the rest of his father's crew got drunk paid off. "If it's someone you love, surely there's no harm in sharing the burden?" By now they'd drifted from uncomfortably-close-to-home back in Contessa's direction so he was feeling a little more comfortable.

message 11921: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. Contessa sighed "For me it's not a matter of needing someone to lean on, it's a matter of wanting someone to lean on" she took hold of the helm again, turning it slightly to the left "I prefer to deal with my problems on my own, inside my head. I don't want anyone to see them but me"

message 11920: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments "Have you not heard the saying? It's not weakness but strength that allows you to give yourself so completely to a person." Isaac looked up to raise an eyebrow at the girl before him, dragging a smile across his features. "Even people as strong as you must need someone to lean on sometimes."

message 11919: by JennyGrace (new)

JennyGrace  M. Contessa shook her head "I'm too strong to give in to something that causes pain" she said "especially if I already know it will cause me pain"

message 11918: by Seraph (new)

Seraph | 5555 comments Isaac smiled down at his hands, and for a split second his eyes looked incredibly sad. "Fair enough." He agreed softly. "And yet- would it be worth it? To experience the greatest emotion that can be felt by mankind, even if it falls to darkness- would you take the risk?"

((Moar derpy posts sorry guys :P I'm so tired... And Shakespeare's slowly frying my brain.))

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 239 240
unread topics | mark unread