Immortals After Dark discussion

Talking about the series > I'd like to read more about __________ in IAD.

Comments (showing 1-50 of 63) (63 new)    post a comment »

Charitabee | 31 comments What minor (from briefly mentioned to bit player) character would you like to see more of and possibly be part of a future couple or future villain?

Spoiler?

For me I'd like to hear more about the fox shape shifter next to regin's cell, possibly a kitsune?

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

I want more of Lothair and Nix..... the two together!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I want Sabines' sister with that winged thingy..... I want more of Uilleam and more of King Kristoff........

And I want it now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is why I like to read older series .... then they are already out and I can go right through to the end....

Charitabee | 31 comments I don't think Thronos' thingy has wings....wa wa wa..

Mimi Smith Charitabee wrote: "I don't think Thronos' thingy has wings....wa wa wa.."
I hope not, LOL...

message 5: by [deleted user] (last edited Feb 20, 2011 01:06PM) (new)

Oh I though he did........ my bad
wa wa wa funny

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 739 comments Mod
Thronos and Melanthe!

Nette | 77 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thronos and Melanthe!"

I agree! They have to have a great story to them.

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Charitabee wrote: "What minor (from briefly mentioned to bit player) character would you like to see more of and possibly be part of a future couple or future villain?

Spoiler?

For me I'd like to hear..."

oe! she's bringing in a richelle mead designed character into the series... that should be interesting

Ilse Snell | 121 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thronos and Melanthe!"

Ja, Thronos and Melanthe are 2 very interesting characters. I cant wait to read more of them.
One book that i felt totally blasé about in this series was
"Deep Kiss of winter"i think that's the name of the book. with danielle, the ice maiden..

Mina Burrows | 2 comments I'm with Faithmaire - I want Nix and Lothaire. Not likely though, huh?

Jessica | 2 comments I concur with Mina and Faithmaire ; Lothaire and Nixie could be an awesome story to read.

“When the collar dropped to the ground, Lothaire rolled his head on his neck. But instead of disappearing immediately, he traced to stand mere feet from Nïx.
A towering vampire with skin like marble and chillingly flawless features was staring down a petite Valkyrie with crazed eyes and a cryptic smile.
The tension between the two was palpable. Even on the verge of flipping the fuck out, Regin couldn’t look away.
“The Accession grinds on, does it not?” Lothaire said.
“Just like old times.” Nïx winked. “Alas, Dorada will come for you once she rises again.”
“I’ll be ready.” He narrowed his red eyes. “You’ve likely foreseen this moment. Tell me, are we to fight now? As in the past?”
“You defy foresight, Lothaire.”
“That’s only fair, Phenïx, since you’ve long defied insight.” Phenïx?
Nïx canted her head. “What does your Endgame tell you?”
“That white queen will never take black king.” He gave her a formal bow. “Until our next match.”

I love and look forward to Nix the most, every time I start a new book. She is just too comical! Flighty, tough, flirty, innocent yet slightly devilish, trickster, who loves chaos and a good fight, and to match her with Lothaire with his sarcasm, aloofness, sometimes pleasant, but mostly plain devious personality, would be such a fun ride.
Not to mention they still have to find Furie, figure out what Thad is, and possibly fight La Dorada. There are just so many more possibilities for this series that I am definitely looking forward to. I just hope the girls and female characters don’t go too whiney and femininely wispy. I like how they were before the guys came along and made them mushy co-dependents. Keep the girls tight, having girls’ night, getting into trouble, rough housing, playing tricks on one another or other people, just all of it.
Please don’t break up the girls just because they found men. Please keep them interacting together more than just texting each other or calling one another. And make the men tolerate and interact with one another for the sake of the girls.

Jessica | 2 comments Ilse wrote: "Charitabee wrote: "What minor (from briefly mentioned to bit player) character would you like to see more of and possibly be part of a future couple or future villain?

Spoiler?

For ..."

It would even be better if she and Karen Marie Moning teamed up and crossed over some characters from "The Fever Series" because "Fever" and "Immortals..." and "BDB" have completely ruined me from finding any books that I can completely immerse myself into and get caught up in the series with no effort, the way these three series have me hook. (here's hoping)

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 193 comments Thad from Dreams of a Dark Warrior. He's so fresh and has a lot to learn about the Lore. I don't think KC has had any major male halflings, has she? I remember Emma and Holly, offhand.

Carrow's niece from Demon from the Dark has got to have her own story!

Charitabee wrote: "What minor (from briefly mentioned to bit player) character would you like to see more of and possibly be part of a future couple or future villain?

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 193 comments Mimi wrote: "Charitabee wrote: "I don't think Thronos' thingy has wings....wa wa wa.."
I hope not, LOL..."

I'm afraid Thronos does have wings, ladies. Quote from KotDK, Melanthe's viewpoint as she's being chased through the park : "He continued limping toward her with malice in his expression, his wings unfurling with hostility."

message 15: by V (new)

V | 3 comments I would like to read more about Cara who's a guardian of a mortal, if i remember correctly. hoping she pops in a couple of times so we can learn more about her.

Missyb | 40 comments Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thronos and Melanthe!"

He has been "hunting" her for many many years.

Missyb | 40 comments Andrea wrote: "Mimi wrote: "Charitabee wrote: "I don't think Thronos' thingy has wings....wa wa wa.."
I hope not, LOL..."

I'm afraid Thronos does have wings, ladies. Quote from KotDK, Melanthe's viewpoint as ..."

he's a Vrekener and they are winged things.

Missyb | 40 comments Jessica wrote: "I concur with Mina and Faithmaire ; Lothaire and Nixie could be an awesome story to read.

“When the collar dropped to the ground, Lothaire rolled his head on his neck. But instead of disappeari..."

Nucking Futs Nix, says it all. She's a great character. Her & Regin are hystirical

Kelly | 1 comments comment to msg 15 by V: In one of book (the one with Holly and Cadeon) Cara was going to see the drug-lord from Kaderin's story - the one who is half demon and half human. I really would like to find out what happens there. Also, as for Nix, I think she should hook up with King Kristoff!

namericanwordcat | 7 comments The fey! The hag's people...

Ani Gonzalez (anigonzalez) Nix, Melanthe/Thronos, Hag, Thaddeus. I'll second Kelly's suggestion regarding the halfling drug lord. That was intriguing.

Nette | 77 comments namericanwordcat wrote: "The fey! The hag's people..."

I. Believe there will be more down line with the Hag in future books. Especially so now that I've read Lothaire's book. At first I didn't realize who she was. Hmmmm, I wonder if she will have a book or anthology of he own? Maybe a blooding or a mating in her future????

namericanwordcat | 7 comments I think so because she has the one she stood up.

message 24: by [deleted user] (new)

Lady Danielle "The Book Huntress" wrote: "Thronos and Melanthe!" AND NIX?

these two.... next book

Danielle The Book Huntress (Angels Weep For Goodreads) (Gatadelafuente) | 739 comments Mod
I saw that one of the girls on GRs I'm friends with, Jen (Loves Hot Books) went to a KC signing, and she said that KC plans to write a full-length novel for Melanthe and Thronos. Yes!!!!!

Jessica Wimberly (lovehina154) | 10 comments I hope that Loa the voodoo priestess gets her own book,

PNR | 3 comments Oooh, I can't wait to read Thronos and Lanthe's book! I burned through Lothaire the day it came out, I'm ready for the next one, please! :)

Ani Gonzalez (anigonzalez) I'll add the Order soldier who escaped from the island with the succubus. I forgot his name, but the story was intriguing.

I'd like to see what happens with Vicente and his succubus too, Ani.

Taiyesha-Duchess of Indiana (AfricanLioness) | 50 comments Thronos and lanthe. talk about past history!!

Keri (Keri_45) | 33 comments Very true!

Melissa | 14 comments I really am interested in hearing Thronos and Lanthe's story. I would also really enjoy Vincente and the Succubus Ani. Kresley Cole hasn't done any stories with Succubus as the main characters yet.

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 155 comments Going back awhile in the series, I'd like to find out what happened to that Key that Sebastian and Kaderin got. I thought they were going to go back for the two little Wroth sisters at some point.

Also, I'd love to read about Holly and Cade and their twins. And what does the Well of Souls do? And, of course, the Hag who is 500 years late for her date.

Melodie (melodiestar) | 9 comments Lulu wrote: "Going back awhile in the series, I'd like to find out what happened to that Key that Sebastian and Kaderin got. I thought they were going to go back for the two little Wroth sisters at some point...."

Sebastian and Kaderin did go back and brings his sisters in Deep Kiss of Winter.

I would love to read more about Chizabel and the ship captain in Pleasure of a Dark Prince. But really, any secondary characters that appeared in the previous IAD books would do.

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 155 comments Melodie wrote: "Lulu wrote: "Going back awhile in the series, I'd like to find out what happened to that Key that Sebastian and Kaderin got. I thought they were going to go back for the two little Wroth sisters a..."

Do you know that is the only IAD book I've never read? Typical LOL! Now, I'll have to go and find it. Thanks, Melodie!

Missyb | 40 comments I'd like more of the halfling (valkryie and vamp) and her mate the wolf king. They were from A Hunger Like No Other. I just can't remember their names.

Lulu (Lulu2011) | 155 comments Emmaline and Lachlain. Yes, I hope KC swings back to them at some point since they kicked off the whole series.

Lulu wrote: "Emmaline and Lachlain. Yes, I hope KC swings back to them at some point since they kicked off the whole series."

I agree!

Ellen (shadowmaster13) | 108 comments Melodie wrote: But really, any secondary characters that appeared in the previous IAD books would do.

KC is so good at bringing back things that you half forget and making them awesome.

message 40: by Nicole (last edited Dec 15, 2012 04:55PM) (new)

Nicole | 32 comments I want more Thad! He is just too cute! I would love to read about him trying to swoon his Bride. I love how he can see the good in people (Lothaire), his trusting nature, and he helps without question. Don't see a lot of that in the Lore. Favorite side character.

message 41: by Kryptonite (last edited Dec 15, 2012 07:22PM) (new)

Kryptonite (SG34) | 79 comments Lulu wrote: "Emmaline and Lachlain. Yes, I hope KC swings back to them at some point since they kicked off the whole series."

Me too!

And Sebastian & Kaderin

Nicole | 32 comments Also I know he isn't a part of the IAD series directly but I would love to read about Salem from Shadows Claim. He was hilarious!

Andrea Jackson (paperbackdiva) | 193 comments Nicole wrote: "Also I know he isn't a part of the IAD series directly but I would love to read about Salem from Shadows Claim. He was hilarious!"

For me, Salem kind of filled in for the crazy role of the Valkyries.

Kryptonite (SG34) | 79 comments KC hasn't had a fey as the herorine yet. I'd like to see that.

Oh and definitely Melanthe and Thronos. So glad there's going to be a full length book on that!

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ | 44 comments i would like to see a fey as either the hero or heroine, also like to read more about Brandr the True, Cara the Fair, Deshazior, Hild, Tera and Hag(Balery)

I agree, Stephanie!

Jennifer (TigerlilyWarior) | 21 comments Andrea wrote: "Nicole wrote: "Also I know he isn't a part of the IAD series directly but I would love to read about Salem from Shadows Claim. He was hilarious!"

For me, Salem kind of filled in for the crazy role..."

Salem is in the same universe as the rest of the IAD citizens, so he could pop up again. Honestly, I have a feeling that Salem is the same demon that stood up Balery(Hag) all those centuries ago (cuz maybe the reason he never showed up was because he was, well, dead).

And the last time we "see" Salem, he went to Dacia with Bettina. Who else is in Dacia? Balery.

I wouldn't be surprised when the next "The Dacian" book comes out that this is a side story, IMHO.

Nette | 77 comments ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღ Mrs Acheron Parthenopaeus ღ♥ღ wrote: "i would like to see a fey as either the hero or heroine, also like to read more about Brandr the True, Cara the Fair, Deshazior, Hild, Tera and Hag(Balery)"

Good point there! If my memory serves me correct, aren't they the fey that were trapped with Mariketa and Cade in the cave, from Bowen and Mariketa's book?

❤Stephanie ღ♥ღMrs Styxx Anaxkolasiღ♥ღ | 44 comments Nette wrote: "❤Stephanie ღ♥ღ Mrs Acheron Parthenopaeus ღ♥ღ wrote: "i would like to see a fey as either the hero or heroine, also like to read more about Brandr the True, Cara the Fair, Deshazior, Hild, Tera and ..."

Yes they are, there was also another named Tierney with them.

message 50: by Nette (last edited Jan 25, 2014 04:22AM) (new)

Nette | 77 comments ❤Stephanie ღ♥ღ Mrs Acheron Parthenopaeus ღ♥ღ wrote: "Nette wrote: "❤Stephanie ღ♥ღ Mrs Acheron Parthenopaeus ღ♥ღ wrote: "i would like to see a fey as either the hero or heroine, also like to read more about Brandr the True, Cara the Fair, Deshazior, H..."

They seemed like cool characters. I'm in for having more mentioned about them in more books down the line. There are so many cool characters KC has come up with that the lists go on forever...lol She has a great imagination and her "world" can never be dull to enter!
There's always something or somebody to laugh at and be taken with. I miss the Nix and the Dirty Jobs guy, Mike Row comments. The whole "misunderstanding" restraining order comment was over the top...lol

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

No Rest for the Wicked (other topics)
Lothaire (other topics)
Demon from the Dark (other topics)