Book freaks discussion

Book Characters > Worst Characters Ever

Comments (showing 1-50 of 59) (59 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments What do you think are some of the worst characters ever(in books) ? Characters who you wanted to kill or poorly written characters......Who are your least favorite characters?

message 2: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Gorfo | 2132 comments Mod
Um I have one for everyone. And I think everyone twilight lovers and haters will all agree. BELLA SWAN.

(;Alicia™ღA constant game of Russian Roulette  (aliciaWontcare) | 1 comments Yup. I agree. Edward Cullen is bad too...

Aside from twilight, in the House of Night series Zoe annoyed me very badly. She was a hypocrite!

message 4: by Mellie (new)

Mellie Dumas (abitofyou) | 9 comments I hated Douglas Coupland in JPOD. I couldn't even finish the book because of it. *shakes fist* How pretentious he is. ugh.

message 5: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments Bella was annoying!

message 6: by Nada (new)

Nada Al-Karmi (Nadooush) really annoying, especially in twilight 2 & 3.

message 7: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 20 comments Bella was very irritating. When she did things in books 2 & 3, I was like "why? Don't you know what you want? How could you do this to Edward?" (I loved the series though).

Another thing (not about Twilight) I hate protagonists that are written so poorly that they have no dimension, like in Sharp Objects Sharp Objects by Gillian Flynn . I really didn't care about her because she was so cardboard (emotionless).

message 8: by Steven, Slayer of Books (new)

Steven (TBones) | 247 comments Mod
All the characters in A Mercy :o)

message 9: by Cindy (new)

Cindy (cindysue48) Vampire Bill in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. Sookie keeps going back to him and I just cannot figure it out- he has no redeeming qualities at all!

message 10: by Tracy (new)

Tracy | 20 comments Cindy wrote: "Vampire Bill in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. Sookie keeps going back to him and I just cannot figure it out- he has no redeeming qualities at all!"

I know! He is such a cold fish. He is not very warm or loving, that's for sure. Maybe it's the aura of danger that he exudes.

message 11: by Annm (new)

Annm | 1 comments Jack Ryan in the Tom Clancy novels.

message 12: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Steven wrote: "All the characters in A Mercy :o)"

So True Steven!

message 13: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

(;Alicia™❤ Cause llamas will save us ❤ wrote: "Yup. I agree. Edward Cullen is bad too...

Aside from twilight, in the House of Night series Zoe annoyed me very badly. She was a hypocrite!"

I hate Zoe! Glad to finally meet someone who thinks that she's really inconsistent also!

message 14: by Lesli (new)

Lesli Nelson (lesliann45) | 19 comments Sayshisweetie wrote: "What do you think are some of the worst characters ever(in books) ? Characters who you wanted to kill or poorly written characters......Who are your least favorite characters?"

I have read some of the Gossip Girl Series, my least favorite person in the book is Blair. Poor little rich girl, she is like that in the tv show series too. I haven't read the House of Night series so I don't know about Zoe yet.

message 15: by Lesli (new)

Lesli Nelson (lesliann45) | 19 comments Tracy wrote: "Cindy wrote: "Vampire Bill in Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse series. Sookie keeps going back to him and I just cannot figure it out- he has no redeeming qualities at all!"

I know! He is such..."

I love Sookie the character I think is the worst in the books is her brother.

message 16: by Brandt (new)

Brandt Even though i loved the book, Denna (or whatever she is calling herself atm) from The name of the Wind (Patrick Rothfuss)is damn frustrating, her actions are irrational, she is hypocritical, extreme high-maintenance, and the protagonist is, for some inexplainable reason, madly in love with her...
If i where Kvothe i would pick the nice girl he saved from the burning building instead ;)

message 17: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Oh wow. And in A Passage to India I hate Adela Quested. She is BORING she does nothing! And her personality doesn't exist!

message 18: by Nicole (new)

Nicole Sol | 28 comments hercules he is too perfect

message 19: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Hercules isn't perfect not at all. He's not too smart. All brawn and no brains

message 20: by Tita (new)

Tita (TitaCamero) I couldn't stand Little Bee. Her perfect command over the english language was unbuyable for me. The little boy, Charlie, was annoying and unrealistic for me too. I didn't mind that the four year old wore a batman suit all the time, but some of his behaviors and language was a bit over the top.

message 21: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments Oh I really want to say Bella Swan! But I don't know if it's because Kristen Stewart is a sucky actress and portrayed her badly in the movies or because she was a weak character in the books.

Also Ever from Evermore. I've only read the first book and probably won't ever read the rest of the series because she was a weak main character.

Hmm... I'm sre there's loads more but these are the only two I can think of off the top of my head

message 22: by Nemma (new)

Nemma Sayed | 7 comments Do you know who really sucked, Megan Fox from Transformer. I mean I don't have a problem with her it's just that in that character she looked so dumb that I couldn't watch the whole movie

message 23: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments Nemma wrote: "Do you know who really sucked, Megan Fox from Transformer. I mean I don't have a problem with her it's just that in that character she looked so dumb that I couldn't watch the whole movie"

Haha! Agree with you there. I hope you didn't waste time with the second film because she just got worse. And the movie producers tried to turn her into a sex symbol so her wardrobe was twice as slutty!
She was dropped for the third movie so I'm definitely going to watch that one lol

message 24: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Ever from Evermore was pretty badly written. I can't think of one good thing about her. She was just so unoriginal!

message 25: by Brandt (new)

Brandt "And the movie producers tried to turn her into a sex symbol so her wardrobe was twice as slutty! "

To try to turn Megan Fox into a sexsymbol, is like trying to make water wet, or snow cold ;)
But of course, it can be overly exploited..

message 26: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments Hmmm, good point. I should have worded that differently. lol

message 27: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Brandt wrote: ""And the movie producers tried to turn her into a sex symbol so her wardrobe was twice as slutty! "

To try to turn Megan Fox into a sexsymbol, is like trying to make water wet, or snow cold ;)
..."

Haha well said!
I think a really bad character is ROMEO from Romeo and Juliet I've never seen a more idiotic character in my life...except for you Bella Swan

message 28: by Parvathy (new)

Parvathy | 4 comments Bella Swan, of course. Zoe from House of Night series,

Vampire Bill from Sooki Stackhouse novels and Catyln Stark from Game of Thrones. Romeo from Romeo and Juliet is a very inconsistent and immature character. In the beginning he was declaring his love for someone else before he met Juliet.

message 29: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments Ah, so agree with you about Zoe!!

message 30: by Parvathy (new)

Parvathy | 4 comments ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "Ah, so agree with you about Zoe!!"

She is the most confusing character I ever had the displeasure of reading. She just can't seem to make up her mind. She wants everybody Heath, Kalona, Stark, Eric. I don't know why they all put up with her.

message 31: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments LOL kudos to you for getting through all the books. I own the first six but could only actually stomach the first two. It was too much torture to read on, so now they make for very hefty paperweights.
Same with Wicked Lovely. Only read the first. Aislinn was sooooo torturously shallow and transparent, it hurt to read about her

message 32: by Parvathy (new)

Parvathy | 4 comments ☆♥Starzee♥☆ wrote: "LOL kudos to you for getting through all the books. I own the first six but could only actually stomach the first two. It was too much torture to read on, so now they make for very hefty paperwe..."

It like a disease. Once I start series no matter how bad it is I can't stop until I have finished it. I am taking my time before diving in to the latest book of House of Night series. Thanks for the heads up about Wicked Lovely.

message 33: by Starzee (new)

Starzee | 61 comments Ahahaha I know what you mean. I have no doubt that someday - after I run out of reading material and do a re-read of all my favourites - I will come back to Wicked Lovely and HoN and finish the series.
Hopefully by then my mind will have detereorated enough for me to read them and think that they "weren't half bad."
LOL until then, I will steer clear.

message 34: by Candy Aya (new)

Candy Aya (NotYourGirlNextDoor) | 196 comments Bella Swan. Her character is so irritating. When I was reading the book 2 (new moon,right?)I was like, "what is wrong with this girl??" I was so disappointed and didn't bother watching the 2 movies. >u<

message 35: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments I know!! I've always supported the belief that Bella should move to africa and leave behind both Jacob and Edward.

message 36: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Haha I love that everybody is complaining about Bella Swan, though really she is perhaps the worst written female characer of all time

ex: When the love of Hermoine's life left her, she continued to search for ways to destroying the world's most powerful dark wizard

When the love of Bella's life left her she curled up in a fetal position, when numb for months, then tried to jump off of a cliff

message 37: by Tyas (new)

Tyas Effendi (tyas_effendi) | 16 comments Gorfo wrote: "Haha I love that everybody is complaining about Bella Swan, though really she is perhaps the worst written female characer of all time

ex: When the love of Hermoine's life left her, she continued..."

haha.. I agree! Bella is the worst character I ever met.

message 38: by Shanna (last edited Mar 29, 2012 01:06AM) (new)

Shanna (rubberparrot) | 7 comments Bethany and Xavier from Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto
She's a helpless angel and he's a controlling jerk

message 39: by Sayshisweetie (new)

Sayshisweetie | 71 comments Gorfo wrote: "Haha I love that everybody is complaining about Bella Swan, though really she is perhaps the worst written female characer of all time

ex: When the love of Hermoine's life left her, she continued..."

Amen!!!!

message 40: by Lesli (new)

Lesli Nelson (lesliann45) | 19 comments My worse character is Rene Anderson in Black Notice, Kay Scrapetta series.

message 41: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I would have to agree with the Zoe, Bella and Edward answers that I have read here.

message 42: by Farah (new)

Farah (Bookworm-87) | 50 comments Wishes (Montgomery, #12 ) by Jude Deveraux
I read this book a few years ago and the heroine's family just got on my nerves. I hated them all.
Plus all the characters in Twilight.

message 43: by Alisa (new)

Alisa All the characters in Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, they were so shallow I couldn't finish the book.

message 44: by Gorfo, the Book Guru (new)

Gina wrote: "All the characters in Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand, they were so shallow I couldn't finish the book."

I've heard such terrible things about this book! I've also heard that people either love it or absolutely hate it, but more people hate it :P

message 45: by Dorottya (new)

Dorottya | 26 comments Liz from Mortal Kiss (Mortal Kiss, #1) by Alice Moss . Typical teenage girl with no real personality and drooling over a cool guy. How original.

message 46: by Grace (new)

Grace | 7 comments The worst female heroine is Bella Swan from Stephanie Meyer's book series The Twilight Saga. She has no personality and no talents or hobbies outside of two boys, Edward and Jacob.They would both be better off without her, and I don't understand what either of them see in her. With that being said, I've read all four books. I'm ashamed to say that my teenage girl mind got wrapped around a poorly written novel series just for the sake of its romance.

message 47: by Thea (new)

Thea (TheaMac821) | 8 comments As a Twilight fan even I have to say I can't stand Bella Swan.

message 48: by Steph (new)

Steph | 34 comments I hate Magnus's father, he came along RIGHTTTTT AT THE END OF CITY OF HEAVENLY FIRE AND RUINED. ~~**everything**~~

message 49: by Steph (new)

Steph | 34 comments Shanna wrote: "Bethany and Xavier from Halo (Halo, #1) by Alexandra Adornetto
She's a helpless angel and he's a controlling jerk"

That's pretty harsh.... I've read that book and I can't remember him being that controlling.. :|

message 50: by Steph (new)

Steph | 34 comments Farah wrote: "Wishes by Jude Deveraux
I read this book a few years ago and the heroine's family just got on my nerves. I hated them all.
Plus all the characters in Twilight."

I have to disagree with your last statement here, it seems like it was added as an afterthought

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Sharp Objects (other topics)
A Passage to India (other topics)
Evermore (other topics)
Romeo and Juliet (other topics)
Halo (other topics)
More...