Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

Archive (general) > Your Valentine Date

Comments (showing 1-26 of 26) (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (last edited Feb 14, 2011 12:23PM) (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8800 comments Happy Valentine's Everyone!

In keeping with the special occasion, if you can choose, which fictional character would you like to be your Valentine date?

Tell us why you think he/she would be perfect, and how will you spend the day together.

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments Mine have to be JZB because he is sophisticated, rich, and lethally delicious. -- As far as how, I'd let him surprise me! Don't really care as long as he's with me. Ha!

message 3: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments He doesn't smile much though Wan!! I thought of him too initially, but wondered how good a DATE he would be if you didn't really know him...

message 4: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments On balance, and assuming I don't really KNOW my date (say its a blind date), I think I would have to go Roarke, Adam Black or Gator. Of those, I'd go Adam 'cos I think he would keep me highly entertained.

...Unless someone could guarantee me that my Carpathian lifemate would turn up, hear me and claim me! I'm thinking a relative of the Daratrazanoffs...

message 5: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments Ooops - forgot to say how they would entertain me...

Adam would be highly mischievious, keep me laughing and take me on a magical mystery tour...

The unnamed Carpathian (don't really want someone else's lifemate) - well, he would claim me of course!!

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments Adam Black was my close second.

No..no.. I don't do blind date. JZB doesn't need to smile either - I love the dark side of him. :-)

message 7: by Yz the Whyz, Moderator (new)

Yz the Whyz (whyz) | 8800 comments I think I would like someone suave and sexy. JD Robb's Roarke sounds perfect. : )

message 8: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments I thought you might pick Roarke Yz! He is such a darling!

LibraryLass | 772 comments Well, I would be lucky because my b'day is ON valentine's day and I would choose Roarke... He is sexy, rich and imaginative ;).... he could take me anywhere he wanted :)

message 10: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee | 6046 comments Daegus and Drustan...but I wanna have them both!

AlbertaJenn | 267 comments Too many choices! Since it was a very recent read, I will go with Mick Riley from The Perfect Play (Play by Play, #1). Divine!

message 12: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 15, 2011 11:15PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments Mmmm - Highlanders! Always a solid choice.

I can see I'll have to read The Perfect Play Jenn!!

message 13: by [deleted user] (new)

I adore Alexander from The Bronze Horseman as my favourite hero, but I'd never like to meet him!

I don't know who'd I choose...hmmm....probably someone with long fingers (Hey, I'm a musician, long fingers turn me on!)

message 14: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments I'm not sure that long fingers are one of the key descriptors for an author - but perhaps I haven't ever noticed! LOL!

message 15: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee | 6046 comments I guess I could also throw Jamie in the mix (Outlander series)

message 16: by [deleted user] (new)

Well, it's something I always notice!

At the moment, I can only recall two.

Bastien from Black Ice and Gabriel from At the Bride Hunt Ball have long fingers, but they aren't particularly nice characters so I shall have to sacrifice long fingers for a good personality!

message 17: by Wan "The Snake Charmer" (last edited Feb 16, 2011 09:23AM) (new)

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments Delicious Dee Challenge Addict wrote: "Daegus and Drustan...but I wanna have them both!"

How did I forget about Jamie & the twins? Gosh. Here is my wish list.

Jamie
JZB
Adam Black
the Keltar twins

message 18: by Wan "The Snake Charmer" (last edited Feb 16, 2011 09:22AM) (new)

Wan "The Snake Charmer" (WanWaddell) | 2081 comments Rena wrote: "I adore Alexander from The Bronze Horseman as my favourite hero, but I'd never like to meet him! "

Me too!!! He's grim.

Edward Creter (httpwwwedcoolcom) | 256 comments Yz the Whyz wrote: "Happy Valentine's Everyone!

In keeping with the special occasion, if you can choose, which fictional character would you like to be your Valentine date?

Tell us why you think he/she would be perf..."

Edward Creter (httpwwwedcoolcom) | 256 comments As a guy I choose, without question, Elizabeth Haydon's Rhapsody. Who wouldn't? She's strong, beautiful, loves kids and can wield a sword with the ease of a dancer! I'd love to see what she'd look like in a live-action movie! I think Taylor Swift would be perfect!

Sandra | 3919 comments Good on you Edward! Taylor Swift is very pretty for sure.

message 22: by Jane (PS), Moderator (last edited Feb 16, 2011 02:25PM) (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments Sandra - your choice??

Still giggling on the long fingers Rena!

Edward picked a REAL person! (Hope I didn't shatter anyone illusions there - yes, JZB, Adam Black et al AREN'T real...) Good thinking!

Sandra | 3919 comments Well, Edward picked a fictional character first and then followed up with a real person to portray his fictional character.

Me, I generally like whatever hero I'm currently reading but a few I really like would be Roarke, Bones & Raphael.

message 24: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 7519 comments Nice! (Really looking forward to the Night Huntress series...)

...I suppose for our real-life equivalent we could go with David Gandy - as featured in the Buzz Bar discussions. Kindly posted by Penney!

Kami (aidansmama) | 889 comments Wan "Artemis", the Dark-Hunters' Goddess wrote: "Mine have to be JZB because he is sophisticated, rich, and lethally delicious. -- As far as how, I'd let him surprise me! Don't really care as long as he's with me. Ha!"

Oh yeah. Either JZB or Eric Northman for me.

Vanessa (Vanessamc) | 394 comments Either JZB or Roarke, depending what kind of mood I'm in. I've loved Roarke longer, so it would probably be him.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Perfect Play (other topics)
Black Ice (other topics)
At the Bride Hunt Ball (other topics)