What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Query Abandoned by Poster > romance novel set in ireland centries ago

Comments (showing 1-21 of 21) (21 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Crystal (last edited Feb 14, 2011 03:34PM) (new)

Crystal (ChrissyRox89) | 5 comments It's set a long time ago in Ireland and is about an Irish "warrior" who has a woman captive and ends up falling in love with her. I remember the cover being white with gold letters, I thought it was called "The Wedding" but I may be mistaken. It must have been atleast 4 or 5 years ago that I read it. It was in hardcover but it may have been an older book. My Mom read it and then gave it to me, she thinks that the author is Danielle Steele but I don't think so.

Crystal (ChrissyRox89) | 5 comments it says i have one post.. can't see it?

Clare K. R. (Clare-Dragonfly) | 52 comments Crystal, the "one post" is your first post--after I post there will be three in this thread, two of them replies.

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 1379 comments What Clare said. And, Crystal, you can click on your name at any post, where is says your name after messaage 1 and message 2 by Crystal. If you click on the link Crystal, it will show you a list of all your posts in that group.

Ruby Hollyberry | 28 comments It's not called The Wedding, but The Magic Cup (Mass Market Paperback) by Andrew M. Greeley is a romance of ancient Ireland where the warrior prince character falls in love with his slave girl.

Crystal (ChrissyRox89) | 5 comments Still learning how this site works, thank you Clare & Lisa!

Thank you Ruby & Anna but no neither of them are it.

Anna | 224 comments Crystal wrote: "Still learning how this site works, thank you Clare & Lisa!

Thank you Ruby & Anna but no neither of them are it."

Darn. I was so sure...

Cass There is a whole trilogy (The firs of Glenmearra) of them by a Christian author.

Maire: Fires of Gleannmara
Riona
Deirdre

In all cases the author takes great pains to have them married before sexual intercourse occurs (though in the 2nd or 3rd book the couple sleep together pretending to be married).

Lindsey (ThisIsThatVeryMab) | 68 comments Have you checked out All About Romance's Scottish and Irish Romances ( http://www.likesbooks.com/scotsirish.... ) list?

Crystal (ChrissyRox89) | 5 comments thanks I will try the site!

Crystal (ChrissyRox89) | 5 comments I'm still searching. I think I remember the man actually raping her, he was a famous warrior, enormous man. I think the woman may have been from a royal family that the man was an enemy of. I know it was set centuries ago, it may have even been scotland instead of ireland.

Maggie | 16 comments I never read this book but it sounds kind of like it. Outlander
but its a popular book so if it was close someone probable would have mentioned it already.

Kit★ (xkittyxlzt) | 111 comments It's been years since I read it, so don't remember it well, but Lady of Conquest by Teresa Medeiros takes place in ancient Ireland.

Erica Poole | 31 comments Definitely not Outlander, that is a whole time travel thing that starts in more modern times. Brilliant series though, you should check it out! So, can you tell me, what was the vibe of the book? I mean, pretty dark, lots of conflict throughout, or were there funny moments? Might help me whittle down to the author....

message 16: by JennyG (last edited Jan 31, 2012 10:11AM) (new)

JennyG | 113 comments Like Anna said, could it be The Wedding by Julie Garwood?

I have a paperback version of The Wedding by Julie Garwood and it looks exactly as you described it!

White background gold letters - http://www.fictiondb.com/author/julie...

If it still isn't the book you are looking for, try posting here, Romance Book Sleuth http://www.goodreads.com/group/show/6...

Charlotte | 5 comments Here are some books I came across: The Bride (Lairds' Fiancées, #1) by Julie Garwood The Laird by Juliana Garnett His Bonnie Bride (Highland Brides, #1) by Hannah Howell Reckless  (Highland Brides, #3) by Hannah Howell
I know that they don't match what you thought the book looked like, but do any of them seem familiar?
You and your mom may have been thinking of The Wedding by Danielle Steel when thinking of the cover, title, and author.

message 18: by Lobstergirl, has never smelled durian fruit (new)

Lobstergirl | 6487 comments Mod
Crystal, are you still looking for this book?

message 19: by Lobstergirl, has never smelled durian fruit (new)

Lobstergirl | 6487 comments Mod
Just a guess - The Ground She Walks Upon?

message 20: by Risha (last edited Feb 18, 2014 08:52AM) (new)

Risha | 2 comments Maybe A kingdom of dreams? By judith mcnaught?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1...

Or whitney, my love? from the same author?

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/3...

The second one is where the hero rapes the girl. The first one is scotland/Ireland and England. The hero kidnaps the girl during a war, I think and later is forced to marry her. She is an heiress of a big title I think...

Cynthia (cynnich) | 24 comments Maybe a book by Michelle Willingham. She has several Irish warrior books.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Magic Cup (other topics)
The Wedding (other topics)
Riona (other topics)
Maire (other topics)
Deirdre (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Michelle Willingham (other topics)