Romance, Historical or Otherwise discussion

Comments (showing 51-100 of 187) (187 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I want to read it too. I actually added it to my to read. Now I just got to get myself a copy.

message 52: by Jenny (new)

Jenny (Jyl22075) | 14 comments I've actually got Hot Head on my kindle now I just need to actually read it. So many books, so little time.

message 53: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) I woukd offer to loan it to you but I already did to someone else

message 54: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Thanks anyway. My husbands unemployment was approved (FINALLY!) so money won't be soooooo tight anymore... just moderately tight, lol.

message 55: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Wendy I didn't know you were in that situation. I am so sorry. But I am very relieved it was approved, that delay is so tough.

message 56: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Yeah, he had some medical problems JUST after he got a new job. What we thought would be a good move turned out to bite us in the butt becuase they wouldn't hold his job.

We'll get through it though.

message 57: by Leea (new)

Leea I'm sorry Wendy, glad the unemployment came through.

message 58: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I am sorry about the medical problems, I hope it works out. The timing must have been even more scary to add the job issue to the medical problem. I am glad it came through.

message 59: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Thanks! We're doing okay now, so things will be good.

message 60: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Anyone up for a group/buddy read of the psycops series? I have been when to go back to #1 for awhile, before I move on in the series.

Wendy are you still interested in doing a buddy read of Special Forces? I understand if you have too much on your plate. Just thought I would ask. :)

message 61: by Leea (new)

Leea Yeah, I'll do a buddy read :)

message 62: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Yay! I am excited -- for psycops or special forces? How do we do this, I have never done one before?!

message 63: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Yeah, I definitely want to do a buddy read of Special Forces. I'm strugging with finding as much time to read right now because of the holidays.. Though I think I may break down and kick something off just so I can buddy read Psycops or Special Forces with you guys!!! One of my favorites!

message 64: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I am happy to do either. :) I am guessing if we do Psycops now, we can do Special Forces later? But I have no preference for order.

message 65: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I'd like to do that. Psycop would be easier for me to squeeze in this month.

message 66: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i like the 2 psycops ones I'd read, its def. a series that improves with books - I liked the second better than the first

message 67: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Dee I can't remember much between the first two books, except for the initial hook up scene. I definitely agree that the books get better and better.

So where should we organize the buddy read?

message 68: by Leea (new)

Leea We can make a thread here in this group...

message 69: by Mtsnow13 (new)

Mtsnow13 I've never read the Psycops series, and I REALLY enjoyed Special Forces, so I'm up for a buddy read =)

message 70: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Yeah, I was going to say you could make a thread under the group read section and just put Buddy read in the title. I think that's okay.

message 71: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Okay, I started the thread here. I just am not sure when we should start? But please join us if you want to read it and even if you already read it!

message 72: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Since I live PsyCops so much I just bought these by the same author:

Body Art A Thriller by Jordan Castillo Price Zero Hour by Jordan Castillo Price

message 73: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Among the Living (PsyCop, #1) by Jordan Castillo Price is free directly from the author's website. A great way to try out the series!

It is only free until midnight through New Year's

message 74: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) Wrestling with Love is free on Amazon today

message 75: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments Confession time. I'm such a wimp. Still have not gather up my nerves to read the M/M. Not even LJG Series. Which one is a good one to break me in?

message 76: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) hmmm, my first ever m/m was More Than Make-Believe - i didn't know it was until after I bought it, I got it solely for the author...but the m/m group does have a listopia of recs to new readers of the genre that I can find, if you want

message 77: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I've only really read the PsyCop series at this point, but I'd say it's a good one to start with.

message 78: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) there are two anthologies that have been released in the last year for free that were done as a writing challenge in the m/m group that I think is a good intro because you can see different genres, writers etc

Stuff My Stocking: M/M Romance Stories that are Nice and… Naughty was a Christmas one and Don't Read in the Closet: Volume One was one that was done over the summer (this is the link to the first volume, but there were 4 in total)

message 79: by Wan (last edited Jan 15, 2012 04:33PM) (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments I should have been more specific. Which one that would make me feel like it's a love story less sex?

message 80: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) PsyCop has sex, but it is definitely a developing love story -- set in an urban fantasy world.

message 81: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) there are lots, personally, I like the GFY trope (gay for you)...one I always recommend to new readers is Faith & Fidelity - there is actually no sex in this book, but some serious making out...but for some people, (view spoiler)

message 82: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I have that trilogy, I just haven't gotten around to reading it yet.

message 83: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) the 1st and 3rd are about the same guys, the 2nd is a different couple, who then appears in the 3rd

message 84: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Wan -- in post #41 of this thread I list the books in the Troubleshooters series. There is a m/m romance that is fade to black sometimes and when it does have sex scenes they are not graphic -- it is definitely love based and really well written.

message 85: by Regina (last edited Jan 15, 2012 04:40PM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Jordan Castillo Price just posted that she is offering bundle deals of her books on her site: http://jcpbooks.com/ebook/bundles.html (including PsyCop) but they are all m/m

message 86: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments Thanks guys. I put Faith & Fidelity on my TBR. The Troubleshooters is already in my TBR.

I'm reading the BDB right now. Remember reading somewhere that has some M/M, which one is it?

message 87: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) there is an underlying relationship between Qhuinn and Blay - 2 of the younger guys in the later books...they are apparently going to get their own Novella sometime

message 88: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I love Blay and Qhuinn!

message 89: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) that for a lot of ppl, when you ask in the m/m group is what got them started...or Jules/Robin from troubleshooters

message 90: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) That is true. I guess both of those were my first m/m and then I moved on to PsyCop. Good observation.

message 91: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) I really need to start Troubleshooters... I've heard so much about it. I'll have to get my hands on the first one.

message 92: by Wan (new)

Wan  (WanWaddell) | 143 comments Added PsyCop in my TBR for future reads. :-)

message 93: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Wendy F wrote: "I really need to start Troubleshooters... I've heard so much about it. I'll have to get my hands on the first one."

I hate to beat a dead horse, lol, but please check out the thread I started on Troubleshooters and beware that 1 and 2 are pretty weak. She wrote them a long time ago and was only able to get access to navy bases (or so I heard) until after #2. Anyway, #3 is where they get really good. I have this strong passionate love affair with the series, so I feel the need to emphasize that 3++ are strong books, but 1 and 2 she was just getting started. I also think it is okay to start at #3. If DG sees this she will laugh at me or roll her eyes, as I keep saying this to her. :)

message 94: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) i totally agree with you...lots of stuff for 1 and 2 were based on what she read in magazines and books, from 3 on, she actually had a seal advising her on stuff...IIRC

message 95: by Wendy F (new)

Wendy F (blessedwannab) Okay, I'm going to get the first one and check it out. I've heard really great things about it.

message 96: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Dee I may have learned that from you posting about it. I know I learned that here on GR. There is only some relationships introduced in 1 and 2. You can pick it up in 3 and then go back if you want to.

message 97: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) maybe...I know its a series I need to finish up...i'm going to use it for a series catch up challenge in another group...I have the last 2 big books, plus the novella that came out (When Adam Met Tony) and apparently there is an anthology coming out this year featuring characters from it

message 98: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) I loved When Adam Met Tony, it made me actually like Adam! Which is crazy! I have had that anthology pre-ordered, I cannot wait. She has a PNR book coming out in a month Born to Darkness by Suzanne Brockmann I have pre-ordered it, but I am nervous. I just love seal team 16 so much.

message 99: by Leea (new)

Leea Wendy, I have most of the Troubleshooters books. Okay, 2012 is the year for this series!! I've wanted to read them for a few years.

M/m, psycops is my first, but in the rough riders series there is some scenes in the first book.

message 100: by Marcia (last edited Jan 16, 2012 03:52AM) (new)

Marcia Carrington | 1 comments I'm not sure if this is the proper place for this, and please move it if it isn't, but I found the short story CRAZY STUPID to be a well-written example of a MM romance. It was interesting for me as it concentrated upon the characters' emotions and state of mind, and was a vivid piece of writing overall. Here's the link: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view...
I haven't read many many of this book genre to be honest, but this story has stood out the most thus far for me.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Tin Star (other topics)
Promises (other topics)
Strawberries for Dessert (other topics)
A to Z (other topics)
The Letter Z (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Josh Lanyon (other topics)
Aleksandr Voinov (other topics)