Cover to Cover Challenge discussion

2011 Archive > Sign-up For the February Read-a-thon

Comments (showing 1-50 of 69) (69 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) If you want to sign up for the February Read-a-thon, this is the place.

message 2: by K-tron (new)

K-tron | 42 comments I'm in!!

message 3: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) I'll be there

message 4: by Roseann (new)

Roseann | 204 comments I'll be there, reading, willing and able!

message 5: by Stacie (new)

Stacie (StacieH) | 256 comments I'm in, too :)

message 6: by Ivy (new)

Ivy (luvbug) Me too!!! So looking forward to this so I can get some little ones read...

message 7: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (Michelle_Mc) | 334 comments I'm in! :)

message 8: by Melissa (new)

Melissa I'm in...looking forward to it!

message 9: by LynnB (new)

LynnB I'm in! I need it to get some focus on my reading again.

message 10: by Shay (new)

Shay | 370 comments I'm in. I'm behind in many ways. Most important is one of my goals was to read 15 books a month from the 1001 books you must read list. (Well, my real goal was 10 a month, but why not shoot for 15.) So, my goal during the readathon is to read 1 list book a day- 7 total.

message 11: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 505 comments Count me in!!! I am sore of behind in what I want to read!!! I will get time to read some really good books! That I have had on my TBR and just bought a few too!

message 12: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer C Count me in as well

message 13: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (beantime) I so wish I could participate, especially since we only have 4 now. I thought week-long readathons would be easier to be a part of but I didn't even think about the times when I'd be busy for a whole week! haha, oh well. Good luck, everyone! I hope those of you who need to catch up can do so!

message 14: by Megan (new)

Megan | 20 comments I'm in!

message 15: by Julie (last edited Feb 18, 2011 07:34AM) (new)

Julie Smith (Knitting and Sundries) (jewelknits) | 63 comments I'm in; I have a bunch of books in my personal tbr pile, and I will use this week to read them rather than review boks (Maybe I can finally get to the last two Stiegg Larsson books!)

I'm going to cash in on the 24-hour readathon and then try to use the week as mainly a reading week as well.

message 16: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 505 comments Oooohhhh!!! Julie I just finished the second one and it is WAY WAY WAY better than the first!

message 17: by Julie (new)

Julie Smith (Knitting and Sundries) (jewelknits) | 63 comments ★Meghan★ wrote: "Oooohhhh!!! Julie I just finished the second one and it is WAY WAY WAY better than the first!"

Oh! Urgh!! I've had these waiting for over five months; I'm going to read and write a bunch of reviews this week to have them ready, so that I can just take a week off to read my own pile!

(oh, and I meant review "books" rather than boks in my initial statement - darn typing fingers!)

message 18: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 229 comments I'm participating!! Have been waiting since last month for this. Super-excited. I know this will definitely help me get some stuff out of the way. :)

message 19: by Lauren (new)

Lauren | 18 comments I'm in too!

message 20: by Jenni (new)

Jenni (PinkxPaws) | 7 comments I"m in! I can't wait for it

message 21: by Neen (new)

Neen I'm in =]

message 22: by Amy (new)

Amy | 225 comments I'm in as well.

message 23: by Jaime (new)

Jaime (Janastasiow) I'm in!

message 24: by Linette (new)

Linette I'm in.

message 25: by Zakiya (new)

Zakiya the Walking Butterfly (walkingbutterfly) | 229 comments Only one week left.. Gah. Can't wait! :D

message 26: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Galloway I'm in.

message 27: by Nancy H (new)

Nancy H | 630 comments I'm in. Just received a whole box of books to review plus I have tons of personal ones I want to do. I need a Read-a-thon Month!!

message 28: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (DeborahKliegl) I am new. Can you explain to me what the read-a-thon is and what the date of it is? Thanks.

message 29: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) | 835 comments I guess I'll do this too - though I'm certain I'm not going to get much reading time.

Deborah wrote: "I am new. Can you explain to me what the read-a-thon is and what the date of it is? Thanks."

Deborah, a readathon is just an event where you try to read for longer time than you would normally. Sort of make reading a priority. Last year, we did 24 hour readathons every month. This year, we're doing week-long readathons, but only four times. The first readathon starts this Saturday 19th and ends on 26th. The rules are explained in this thread:

Click this link.

For timings, click this link.

message 30: by Rosina (new)

Rosina I m ready.... count me in.

message 31: by Deborah (new)

Deborah (DeborahKliegl) I thought I posted to this but I guess not. I'm in.

message 32: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (beantime) So I rearranged my week a bit (and bought my boyfriend a video game so he won't care if I'm not really hanging out with him lol), and now I'm in! Yay!

message 33: by Lisa S (new)

Lisa S (kasey_k_fan) Hey Michelle, you gotta do what you gotta do right? LOL

message 34: by Michelle (new)

Michelle (beantime) Right! Our anniversary is that week and he suggested we just have a full week of celebration, which was cool with me until I found out when the readathon is! hahaha

But really, I'm going to be able to participate because my boyfriend's boss promised to give him a few days off, and then changed his mind. So now he has to work a ton and I figure I might as well read a ton to keep my mind off of how much of a jerk his boss is!

message 35: by Debbie (new)

Debbie  (onyx95) | 157 comments might try for a few days, could use some good solid reading time, but don't know how much I will get.

message 36: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 70 comments I'm in for this week-long, sign me up please!

message 37: by Tiffiane (new)

Tiffiane (MNBookLady) | 104 comments I'm definitely in for the week long. I just had surgery yesterday so I'll be at home for 3 weeks recuperating! This couldn't have been more perfectly timed if I'd tried!! :) can't wait!

message 38: by Pat (new)

Pat | 277 comments I'm going to give it my best try.

message 39: by Valerie (new)

Valerie (jeepfroggirl) | 21 comments Gonna have to catch up a few books to stay on track, so I will be there.

message 40: by KrisT (new)

KrisT | 784 comments I am going to give it a go...even if it is just one book that would make me happy! :)

message 41: by Samantha (new)

Samantha (samjaymc) I'm in - I'm so excited!

message 42: by Karen (new)

Karen (karenvwrites) | 146 comments count me in

message 43: by Lindy (new)

Lindy (LindyLee) | 39 comments A week sounds better than 24 hours, I will try it

message 44: by Candiss (new)

Candiss (Tantara) Count me in.

message 45: by Susan (NY) (new)

Susan (NY) I'm in.

message 46: by Heather (new)

Heather | 118 comments Count me in too!

message 47: by Joanie (new)

Joanie (joaniemaloney) | 48 comments I'll give this a shot.

message 48: by Jamie (new)

Jamie I'd like to join in, as well.

message 49: by Robin (new)

Robin (kanata) I'm in. I have like four books on the go but I'm stalled in all of them and think this will be the kick in the behind to get going. Also I've been wasting too much time surfing online when I'd rather be reading. Time to cut back.

message 50: by Athira (new)

Athira (Reading on a Rainy Day) (readingonarainyday) | 835 comments To all who signed up:
Check back in after 4-5 hours - I will have setup the progress thread. There's going to be a BIG surprise in there to spice things up. I didn't mention it earlier because it's an experimental feature, and we may or may not continue with it in the next readathon, depending on the response. But I hope you'll like it!

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread