YA Paranormal and Fantasy Book lovers discussion

Single Books > Angelfire February

Comments (showing 1-23 of 23) (23 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

Artemis | 4504 comments Mod
Angelfire Angelfire by Courtney Allison Moulton

GR Summary-This debut, the first novel in a trilogy, is achingly romantic, terrifying, and filled with blistering action.

When seventeen-year-old Ellie starts seeing reapers - monstrous creatures who devour humans and send their souls to Hell - she finds herself on the front lines of a supernatural war between archangels and the Fallen and faced with the possible destruction of her soul.

A mysterious boy named Will reveals she is the reincarnation of an ancient warrior, the only one capable of wielding swords of angelfire to fight the reapers, and he is an immortal sworn to protect her in battle. Now that Ellie's powers have been awakened, a powerful reaper called Bastian has come forward to challenge her. He has employed a fierce assassin to eliminate her - an assassin who has already killed her once.

While balancing her dwindling social life and reaper-hunting duties, she and Will discover Bastian is searching for a dormant creature believed to be a true soul reaper. Bastian plans to use this weapon to ignite the End of Days and to destroy Ellie's soul, ending her rebirth cycle forever. Now, she must face an army of Bastian's most frightening reapers, prevent the soul reaper from consuming her soul, and uncover the secrets of her past lives - including truths that may be too frightening to remember.

Kelsey Lembke | 1 comments I cant wait to read it, it looks really good

message 3: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

i know right!!! it looks amazing!!!!!

Brittany I didn't really like it..lol

message 5: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

really?? why not?

Brittany I only read like 60 pages I liked the idea of the book but the characters were annoying

message 7: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

bummer :(

Brittany You might like it though lol I'm just over picky

message 9: by Artemis, Head Mod! (new)

idk im picky too i had a hard time with I Am Number Four and alot of people really liked it

Brittany I reckon it just depends what mood book I'm in for. Alot of YA girls annoy me lol

Jean (elchocobo) Britnee - *The Mistress of all evil!* wrote: "I reckon it just depends what mood book I'm in for. Alot of YA girls annoy me lol"

Agreed.

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I think it's funny that so many people vote on the books and then hardly anyone reads them. I read 2 of the 3 already, so I feel okay skipping this one!

Brittany Well I'm going to re-read CoB. But won't see me finishing this. *Yawn*

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I actually plan on reading CoB again too. Maybe I'll do 1 MI book each month until CoFA, and start with CoB this month. I have to redo my Feb list anyway, since I'm already off my planned books.

Brittany I have to re-do my feb challenge list because I've already ditched two of them

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) My mood changes daily. Right now I'm really in the mood to read something extra extra extra steamy, so I'm looking through the folders on my computer to see if I have any good selections that I can download to my Nook.

I'll go back to Unearthly tomorrow.

Brittany Haha!

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) Stacia ~ the duchess of spork wrote: "I think it's funny that so many people vote on the books and then hardly anyone reads them."

Haha. Guess this one was a dud.

Brittany Had so many votes too.

message 20: by Stacia (the 2010 club) (last edited Feb 27, 2011 11:36PM) (new)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) I know. 40 plus iirc. Not sure if some people read the books and then decide not to comment, or if people just vote and then don't read the book...who knows.

I already knew right off that I wasn't going to read this one, but I didn't vote for it either so no guilt here. :p I wasn't going to be swayed by a pretty cover after reading too many comments about the book being mediocre.

Brittany I can't even remember why I dropped it. It wasn't a very good book though, IMO.

Brittany Well from the 60 pages i read.

Laraine (Lala26) | 23 comments I read this back in February and it kind of reminded me of Buffy: Think of Ellie as Buffy, but with swords instead of stakes. Think of Will as Giles, but instead of a middle-aged librarian, imagine a six-foot sword wielding hot Guardian. It was probably because of the whole reincarnation thing. I also found the action scenes a bit awkward to read. Overall it was a nice read, not epic but I think it has potential.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Angelfire (other topics)
I Am Number Four (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Courtney Allison Moulton (other topics)