Kids/Teens Book Club discussion

I Am Number Four > I Am #4: Sarah/Number Six-spoilers!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 60) (60 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by ★ Jess (new)

★ Jess  | 4496 comments Mod
I remember reading through reviews and discussions in other groups about this book when I was done, and I was surprised to see lots of people talking about 'Sarah Hart vs Number Six',debating which one John should end up with.
I dont think this is what the author was aiming for-another love triangle-though I want to discuss it anyway. Who did you like better? Sarah or Number Six? Who would you prefer John Smith to end up with?

SPOILERS!

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) I think Six would've been better, but since he invested all that time (and kissing) in with Sarah, he might as well end up with her. If he left her for Six, he'd kind of be a "dog" in my book, even if I do think Six is more interesting!

message 3: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments I think that since he was going on and one about how Lorics fall in love with one person for life, he's going to be in love with Sarah for a *long* time. I'd bet Six is the one he's intended to be with, and she's going to try and make it happen, if only for the good of their people. The interesting thing will be to see if Sarah stays in love with John/Four forever, or if her love fades like a normal human one.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) I hope it doesn't turn into a love triangle. Those are so overdone and rather tiresome. :/

message 5: by ★ Jess (new)

I really liked Sarah :)
She was really likable, and I found that I really cared about her! She was so innocent and sweet and cute-like a much older-and more likable version of Prim in The Hunger Games.
I think Im the only one who feels like this?
Anyway, I guess I like her more then Number 6 because she had more page time.
However, I cant think of a way that she will have as much page-time in the sequel :(

message 6: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments No, I agree with you completely Jess. Sarah was so innocent/sweet/cute, but there was also something tough about her that made it so that she wasn't stupid/clingy. Number Six was there for two seconds and it was the middle of a battle. How are you supposed to get to know someone then?

I agree, Amelia, love triangles are stupid.

message 7: by ★ Jess (new)

I dont think we've seen a boy and two girls love triangle though? Its always vise versa.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) Even though I can't stand love triangles, I'd rather have a girl and two boys. One boy leading two girls on/juggling two girls seems like, even worse. Lol.

message 9: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments Yeah, but we don't know how it will turn out. We could end up with John being totally devoted to one of them, with the other pining in the background. Not quite a standard love triangle, but also not with the guy being a total jerk.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) Fair enough. Like a lot of people say TWILIGHT was a love triangle, but it kinda seemed more like a guy-girl + 1 "third wheel" character, and I think we all know who that was :P
Still, though...romantic entanglements just seem like such cliche storylines, I always get kinda bummed when I detect authors going there.

message 11: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments We can always hope that "Pittacus Lore" will surprise us, and not even try to make a Four-Six thing happen. Or make it a real breakup first, with both parties knowing that it's over, even if they're not happy about it, although I will personally throw something if that happens.

message 12: by ★ Jess (new)

I want Four to end up with Sarah! Question: Why did Sam get to go with them, and Sarah didnt?
Was that just but thinking on Lore's behalf, or so Four got get closer to Six?

message 13: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments I don't know. Maybe the idea is that Sam might know something useful, being the alien guy? Or that Sam's parents would let him while Sarah's wouldn't? If that was just a ploy to separate them, I for one will be very unhappy.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) ★ Jessica ★ wrote: "I want Four to end up with Sarah! Question: Why did Sam get to go with them, and Sarah didnt?
Was that just but thinking on Lore's behalf, or so Four got get closer to Six?"

I know, right? thats what I thought!

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

i hope it's not so that Six and Four get closer.
i like Sixes character more (even though we dont know much about her) but i think Four should end up with Sarah. and i like Sarahs character. she was perfect.

message 16: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments ...♥Barca.G (razia) wrote: "i hope it's not so that Six and Four get closer.
i like Sixes character more (even though we dont know much about her) but i think Four should end up with Sarah. and i like Sarahs character. she w..."

That was a good way to sum it up. I agree.

message 17: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments I think it would be stupid if a relationship started between four and six. Not only did Sarah and Four fall deeply in love, but aren't four and six supposed to stay away from each other in order to keep the other four Loriens safe from braking their charm?

message 18: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments Did you finish the book?

This is a topic where spoilers are allowed, so I'm just going to say don't look below if you didn't finish it, but...

They already met, and therefore the charm is already broken.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) Frank wrote: "I think it would be stupid if a relationship started between four and six. Not only did Sarah and Four fall deeply in love, but aren't four and six supposed to stay away from each other in order t..."

I agree. Good points :D

message 20: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments Kate wrote:
They already met, and therefore the charm is alrea..."

I didn't realize that. I thought the charm was only broken while they were together rather than forever.

message 21: by [deleted user] (new)

i think it's forever.

message 22: by ★ Jess (new)

The charm is broken forever now. As soon as two of them meet up, the charm breaks. So in the sequel, I bet all the other Lorien kids meet up and kick alien butt!
How many books in total do you think there are gonna be?

message 23: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments Well, various sources mention that the next book will be all about #7. They might explore the story of a couple more Loriens, then they might do a final battle book.

message 24: by ★ Jess (new)

Im thinking there will be 3 or 4 books.

Amelia, the pragmatic idealist (aeimaginer12) I think I read on Harper's site that they made a contract for 4 books. They could always write more, but I think the tentative plan is for 4 :)

message 26: by ★ Jess (new)

Im excited :)

message 27: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments I think the next book will have Number Seven as the main character, but will, at least at the end, include at least Four and Six, probably all of them. If you look at the title, it could theoretically be referring to Number Six, in which case there will probably also be Number Four, but if you count, the number of Garde remaining is six; my guess is that by the end of the book they all meet up.

message 28: by ★ Jess (new)

yuppers. It could be like Extras, the main characters are all new, though the old characters have important roles to play.

message 29: by [deleted user] (new)

just a theory though im probably far off coz there are more logical explanations: maybe the power of six could mean that 6 of them somehow come together. as in the power of 6 of them together...yeah but i seriously doubt it.

message 30: by Kay Marie (new)

Kay Marie (MoonliteNightOwl) | 8 comments ...♥Barca.G (razia) wrote: "just a theory though im probably far off coz there are more logical explanations: maybe the power of six could mean that 6 of them somehow come together. as in the power of 6 of them together...yea..."

I think your right, thats what I was thinking too.

message 31: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments I think that's the most likely explanation.

message 32: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments They should bring together more than a couple characters in the next book. If they release it as 'Power of 6' and only focus on #7, then it wouldn't be a very good title.

message 34: by [deleted user] (new)

yeah unless there's some other secret that we don't know yet which has something to do with the power of 6!

message 35: by ★ Jess (new)

Yeah, I defiantly think all the remaining kids will come together to kick butt.
However, I heard there are 4 books planned-uniting them all in just the second seems a bit sudden?

So maybe, #7 unites with #4 and #6, so at this moment its just the three Loric kids. And in the book we discover a magnificent twist/amazing super power involving Number Six.

Either one is possible. Personally, I think the first is more likely, however, I would rather read the latter.

message 36: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments My guess is that they're all going to unite at the very end of the book. Then, if it's a quartet (I thought it was a trilogy) they spend the next book figuring out how to work together, and somehow bringing humans into the mix, all while on the run from Mogodorians. Book four is the the actual take back of Lorien.

If it's a trilogy, then book 2 goes as planned, then book three is devoted to learning to work together AND saving Lorien/defeating the Mogodorians.

Just my guess. It is possible though that it's only 4,6, and 7. Either way, I get the feeling we'll be seeing a lot more of all three than of the other Lorics in this book.

message 37: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments I wonder if the events of the end of the first book will affect the rest. I mean, you can't really hide from the public when a school is destroyed, and there were 'beasts' running around. I wonder if humans will have more of a role as the books are written.

message 38: by ★ Jess (new)

Definatley.
Well, I heard from some one (who has read the sneak peek in some editions) that the first chapter focuses on Number Seven, then its back to the focus on #4 and 6 and Sam.

If it is a quartet, the second book will be #7 uniting with the other two, and a big plot twist about Six will be revealed (hence book title). By the book will end on another cliff hanger, with a few more Lorics joining the group.

The third book will be all the Lorics meeting up, and planning for the epic final battle.

The fourth will be them back on Lorien-like Kate said- and a giant epic battle.

However, the plot may start to thin. I mean, four books of basically the same thing? Surely an important plot twist will come into play in book 2 or 3?

message 39: by [deleted user] (new)

what happens if maybe most of them meet and then at the end of the book they are forced to split up??? that would be weird...i know...but it happened in the Power of Five series by Anthony Horowitz.

message 40: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments That's a possibility.

Yeah, Jess, I think that it would work best if there is some new plot twist in two and three. Your description sounds good to me.
I was wondering if they were going to use Number 7 the way they used Number 3 in the last one. They wouldn't just dump 4 and 6. I guess it's possible to do two stories side by side, but my guess is it's going to start with 7, go back to 4 and 6, and then at the end have all three come together.

message 41: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments I don't usually think about this, but do you guys think there will be a tragic death in the next book? A friend said he thinks Sam is going to bite the dust just for suspense. I hope they don't kill anyone major.

message 42: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!NOT SAM!!!!!!

Sorry. Anyway. I really hope not, and I don't think so. The only main character so far who could die in the next book (I think) is Sam, and I get the feeling he's going to be too important in books to come for that to happen.

message 43: by ★ Jess (new)

@ Kate. I agree. Or have the focus on 4 and 6, but every third or fourth chapter is a few pages about #7, and as you said-they meet up later.

I just read somewhere its a planned 6 book series :O

message 44: by [deleted user] (new)

6...i thought it was 4???

message 45: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments 6? I guess maybe if they focus on each of the remaining Lorics for one book?

message 46: by Frank (new)

Frank | 778 comments 6 is possible. Who knows what events will take place in the next couple of books. Future events could completely change the plot of the series.

message 47: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments That is true. We have an idea of what is likely to happen, but it is pretty unpredictable. A slight change could mess up our whole plan for the series.

message 48: by [deleted user] (new)

lol :P but change and unpredictability is good!

message 49: by Kate (new)

Kate | 8277 comments Oh, definitely. Just noticing how all our predictions hinged on a fairly small assumption.

message 50: by [deleted user] (new)

the movie showed that there was more of a chance of Six and Four getting together. she was like fully flirting with him.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Extras (other topics)