♥!The Young Adult Book Club!♥ discussion

Paranormal Books > Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead

Comments (showing 51-100 of 123) (123 new)    post a comment »

message 51: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

Jennifer (IvashkovLover) | 3903 comments Mod
LOL I wanted Rose to kill Strigoi Dimitri and end up with Adrian. I LOVE Adrian! Dimitri was okay but I felt like bringing him back from Strigoi was cheating a bit.

Harshini  Ramanujam (watchmeread) | 405 comments I am totally with Jennifer, I love Adrian too much :) <3

Renee | 24 comments Oh my goodness Vampire Academy is ultimately my favorite series ever. :) I liked both Adrian and Dimitri equally the same, but kind of sided more with Dimitri. I am glad that the one of the two(not gonna spoil it) got a second chance at a better ending with Bloodlines. ^^

Rachel (rsviolet) | 6 comments I love Adrian. This series was great, except for the last book. I guess completely right about the twists of last sacrifice, so it was pretty much ruined by that. Thankfully it was still well written. Frostbite is my favorite in this series. What's yours?

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments I'm not impressed on the first book.
thanks to Frostbite that I continued reading the series :)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 6 comments :) I started the series with frostbite so I started this series enjoying it. The ending of frostbite is very moving.

Nicole (xNicoleReneex) | 19 comments I love the Vampire Academy!!! one of my absolute favorite book series!!!

Emonie (EmonieH) | 7 comments I'm team Dimka!! He's awesome!!

Veronica | 936 comments Emonie wrote: "I'm team Dimka!! He's awesome!!"

He is amazing ♥

Allison Linnette (Love4bidden) | 52 comments Renee wrote: "Oh my goodness Vampire Academy is ultimately my favorite series ever. :) I liked both Adrian and Dimitri equally the same, but kind of sided more with Dimitri. I am glad that the one of the two(not..."

I agree completely!

Renee | 24 comments Allison Linnette wrote: "Renee wrote: "Oh my goodness Vampire Academy is ultimately my favorite series ever. :) I liked both Adrian and Dimitri equally the same, but kind of sided more with Dimitri. I am glad that the one ..."
:D

Kopal (kopal_potterette) | 28 comments I absolutely LOVE the VA series....Rose is my favourite.....she is a lot like me...I mean, the attitude she has......its a lot like the one I have......I have the Bloodlines ebook on my mobile...but sadly, I havent yet got time to read it...

Nicole (xNicoleReneex) | 19 comments I haven't read Bloodlines yet either. I own it too :/

Hazel Green (hazel_green) | 1 comments hii
I've read Vampire Academy bt m not sure abt Frostbite..........so m kinda confused whether i should continue or not....

Nicole (xNicoleReneex) | 19 comments It's amazing I say read it! If you don't like it after the 2nd book don't read the next one but I would still give it a chance! :)

Rachel (rsviolet) | 6 comments Give Frostbite a chance!

Kopal (kopal_potterette) | 28 comments Frostbite is really good....besides, till you read it, the story will most likely nag you at the back of your mind.....

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments Thanks to Frostbite I continued reading the series.

Kopal (kopal_potterette) | 28 comments I didn't really enjoy the next two as much as I enjoyed the rest....the whole series were good...and I dont know WHY I didnt enjoy them as much....Spiriy Bound and Last Sacrifice are my favourites.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments Frostbite was my favorite. I was captivated. and also Shadow Kiss + Blood Promise.. the first book didn't impressed me though.

Rachel (rsviolet) | 6 comments I started the series with Frostbite! I knew once I finished it, I wanted to read the next.

message 72: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

I started loving the series in Frostbite, the minute I met THEE ADRIAN IVASHKOV!!!!

Kopal (kopal_potterette) | 28 comments I actually read the first book.and then Spirit Bound....
I fell in love with VA when I read the first page.....After Last Sacrifice...Frostbite is probably my favourite...

Emonie (EmonieH) | 7 comments Veronica wrote: "Emonie wrote: "I'm team Dimka!! He's awesome!!"

He is amazing ♥"

I know right!!!! It would be cool to have a friend or more like Dimka. So friendly and loving!!!

Rachel (rsviolet) | 6 comments Jennifer! Adrian is what caused me to love the series too!

Emonie (EmonieH) | 7 comments Kopal wrote: "I absolutely LOVE the VA series....Rose is my favourite.....she is a lot like me...I mean, the attitude she has......its a lot like the one I have......I have the Bloodlines ebook on my mobile...bu..."

Hhehehe..... I know me too but I have a nook ( an ebook f.y.i) so I could read it whenever I feel like reading the book so it really doesn't matter to me that much.

Kam (IamWhoWhoareyou) | 528 comments I've reread all these books like 6 times! Not my FAVORITE series, but if you have me write down the Top 5, this will be there somewhere

message 78: by Jennifer, The Paranormal One (new)

I've been re-reading all the Adrian Ivashkov parts through the series. He always makes me laugh. I can't wait till Golden Lily. I've been missing him.

Allison Linnette (Love4bidden) | 52 comments Jennifer wrote: "I've been re-reading all the Adrian Ivashkov parts through the series. He always makes me laugh. I can't wait till Golden Lily. I've been missing him."

Haha, I do all the time too :)

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments I like VA, though the first book didn't impressed me that much.. the succeeding books are better. I like Shadow Kiss and Blood Promise.

Lauren Elizabeth | 4 comments I gotta say every book made me cry and every good made it harder to decide between the two! But I love the series!

£mily (3mily991) | 263 comments I'm currently on Blood Promise. Just waiting for the holidays to end so I can borrow it from my school library!

Kam (IamWhoWhoareyou) | 528 comments €mily☻♫♥ wrote: "I'm currently on Blood Promise. Just waiting for the holidays to end so I can borrow it from my school library!"

You poor soul, having to wait. I feel for you.

£mily (3mily991) | 263 comments Kam wrote: "€mily☻♫♥ wrote: "I'm currently on Blood Promise. Just waiting for the holidays to end so I can borrow it from my school library!"

You poor soul, having to wait. I feel for you."

I know! And it ends on the biggest cliffhanger ending ever!

Allison Linnette (Love4bidden) | 52 comments Nikki wrote: "I haven't read Bloodlines yet either. I own it too :/"

You have to read it! The beginning is slow and the only reason I finished it was because I can't start to read a book and then leave it off in the middle. But in the end, it was worth it. I liked it:)

Kristina Ivashkov  (man-u4kb) | 102 comments I dont know about u guys yeh, but im DYING to read Golden Lily! and OMG (view spoiler)

Melissa  (inluvwythWANTED) | 3 comments I've read a book very similar--i feel--to VA called the Covenant Series..heard of it? idk...i feel like adrian is always the rebound but im glad hes starting to move onto sydney

Veronica | 936 comments Mel wrote: "I've read a book very similar--i feel--to VA called the Covenant Series..heard of it? idk...i feel like adrian is always the rebound but im glad hes starting to move onto sydney"

Half blood is a photocopy of the VA with a few changes.

message 89: by [deleted user] (new)

Vampire Academy is absolutely my favorite YA series. I plan on re-reading the whole series this year. :) I am also super excited for the Golden Lily.

Lauren (Lauren0924) | 22 comments I love Vampire Academy! It's the best vampire series I think. I was completely for Dimitri and Rose. I liked Adrian but did not like him dating Rose at all.

I haven't read Bloodlines yet but am definitely excited to!

message 91: by [deleted user] (new)

Sydney's POV us very different from Rose's, but I still really enjoyed Bloodlines. Only a few more weeks until the the release of the Golden Lily. :)

And I agree; VA is definitely the best YA vampire series out there. Also, I'm all for Rose and Dimitri. Adrian was cool, but not a good match for Rose.

Allison Linnette (Love4bidden) | 52 comments Wednesday wrote: "Sydney's POV us very different from Rose's, but I still really enjoyed Bloodlines. Only a few more weeks until the the release of the Golden Lily. :)

And I agree; VA is definitely the best YA vam..."

agreed :)

Kristina Ivashkov  (man-u4kb) | 102 comments I loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee Sydrian cant wait till Golden Lily comes out, just 2 more weeks to go!!!!! <3<3<3

Love U Adrian!

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments Rachel wrote: ":) I started the series with frostbite so I started this series enjoying it. The ending of frostbite is very moving."

I agree with this.

Beatrice (beatricemasalunga) | 382 comments The last book's ending was really unexpected.

message 96: by Pamela, The Serious One (new)

Pamela (WaterSpout) | 539 comments Mod
to answer that question posted about a year ago about the covers, Vampire Academy (Vampire Academy, #1) by Richelle Mead Frostbite (Vampire Academy, #2) by Richelle Mead Shadow Kiss (Vampire Academy, #3) by Richelle Mead these are the old covers and they've been redesigned, so no, the next three books won't match the first three :(

Vampire Academy is so freaking awesome (there's a giant downfall but...) hello Dimitri! *u*

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 30 comments I'm enjoying Bloodlines more than VA but then I don't like Rose. :P

message 98: by Pamela, The Serious One (new)

Why not? Rose is awesome.

S.L.J. (SammySLJ) | 30 comments Pamela wrote: "Why not? Rose is awesome."

I think she's arrogant, egotistical, single-minded, intitled, manipulative and doesn't seem to care about who she hurts if it means that she gets what she wants.

I think Sydney is a much better character. She saved Rose's ass a bunch of times and yet, Rose still manages to call her 'dead weight' when she's no longer useful. And don't even need to go into what she did to Adrian and Jill.

But then, I'm also kind of glad she was such a bitch. If she hadn't done what she did and left so many people in the crapper, there wouldn't be a bloodlines series. :P

message 100: by Pamela, The Serious One (new)

S.L.J. wrote: "Pamela wrote: "Why not? Rose is awesome."

I think she's arrogant, egotistical, single-minded, intitled, manipulative and doesn't seem to care about who she hurts if it means that she gets what she..."

Great insight. But while Rose did do all that, she also risked her life a couple of times for Lissa and other people. Meanwhile, I like Rose because she's so fun to read about. I'm a boring person so Rose kinda takes the boring part from my life away, if only for a while.

So Rose has her good and bad traits, a well-rounded a character I must say. ;)

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Frostbite (other topics)
Last Sacrifice (other topics)
Spirit Bound (other topics)
Blood Promise (other topics)
Vampire Academy (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Richelle Mead (other topics)