Aussie Readers discussion

You and Your Books! > Recently purchased book?

Comments (showing 1,951-2,000 of 6,694) (6694 new)    post a comment »

message 1951: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Michael (MichaelSwensson) | 6748 comments Mod
Got this one from the Book Boys a bit earlier. Lasting Damage.

message 1952: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Brenda | 25816 comments Mod
Michael wrote: "Got this one from the Book Boys a bit earlier. Lasting Damage."

I haven't read any of Sophie Hannah's work Michael, and I've heard varying reports about them...I'd be interested in your opinion when you've finished this one:)

message 1953: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Id been eyeing it for quite a while and after much umming and arrring decided what the hey its only 7 bucks. :D

message 1954: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Id been eyeing it for quite a while and after much umming and arrring decided what the hey its only 7 bucks. :D"

Great price Michael:)

message 1955: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Woohoo!! Delivery from BD today:) Life Support by Tess Gerritsen.

Plus I picked up Frantic, The Darkest Hour, Cold Justice and Violent Exposure all by Katherine Howell from my library. I hope to read them all before her new one arrives, reserved at the library! Silent Fear

message 1956: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Hehe how did i know you coudnt resist the Lure of BD. :D

message 1957: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Hehe how did i know you coudnt resist the Lure of BD. :D"

Hahaha!! More coming too Michael;D

message 1958: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Picked up this one abit earlier today from Big W. The King's Concubine

message 1959: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Picked up this one abit earlier today from Big W. The King's Concubine"

Good one Michael:)

My last deliveries arrived from BD:D

Harvest by Tess Gerritsen
Silent Partner by Jonathan Kellerman
The Woman In Black by Susan Hill

And oh my...you should see my 'wishlist' at BD!!!!!

message 1960: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Taking advantage of an extra 10% off hey Brenda. :D

Great haul. :)

message 1961: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Taking advantage of an extra 10% off hey Brenda. :D

Great haul. :)"

Thanks Michael:) I do wish I could just order EVERYTHING that's on my wishlist:( lol

message 1962: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

I purchased The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook for my daughter yesterday, for her birthday. She has been a fan since she was a little girl, having watched the movie on video that many times, it wore out, and I bought her the DVD to replace it! For anyone interested, it's on special at Big W for $30 at the moment.

The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook  by Fred Bronson

Misskim | 41 comments I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I ordered 'The Name of the Wind' and 'Love letters of great men and women'.
Picked up 'The Rogue' in Big W yesterday too.
Possibly time to restrict my book buying habit :/

message 1964: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2620 comments Brenda wrote: "I purchased The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook for my daughter yesterday, for her birthday. She has been a fan since she was a little girl, having watched the movie on video that many times, it wo..."

Wonderful gift Brenda. She will love it :)

message 1965: by Mish (last edited May 08, 2012 11:52PM) (new)

Mish | 2620 comments Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I ordered 'The Name of the Wind' an..."

Various Positions, The Name of the Wind, Love Letters Of Great Men And Women, The Rogue

Are these the ones Misskim? You've done well :)

message 1966: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I purchased The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook for my daughter yesterday, for her birthday. She has been a fan since she was a little girl, having watched the movie on video that ma..."

Thanks Mish...I KNOW she will. I knew I had to buy it as soon as I saw it:)

message 1967: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I ordered 'The Name of the Wind' an..."

Various Positions
The Name of the Wind
Love Letters Of Great Men And Women
The Rogue

(Are they the right ones Misskim?)

Excellent pick up:)

message 1968: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I ordered 'The Name..."

Hey Mish....SNAP!!!! LOL

message 1969: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2620 comments Hahaha!

message 1970: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "Hahaha!"

Great minds think alike;D

Misskim | 41 comments Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I ordered 'The Name..."

Mish wrote: "Brenda wrote: "I purchased The Sound of Music Family Scrapbook for my daughter yesterday, for her birthday. She has been a fan since she was a little girl, having watched the movie on video that ma..."

Wow you guys are quick! I realised as soon as I hit post that I should have included more detail :/ oops noob attack :p
Those are certainly the ones! Thanks for correcting me

message 1972: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Misskim wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I was in there I or..."

How amazing is it that we both chose the same ones as well??

Misskim | 41 comments Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long time. While I w..."

Must be good taste :p

message 1974: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Misskim wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Misskim wrote: "I love sales and the 10% off at BD has allowed me to finally purchase 'Various Positions' which I have had my eye on for a rather long ..."

:D

message 1975: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Im going in to Marion shopping centre tomorrow to get pressies for my sister who is an old woman(45) today lol. Oh yeah i may venture towards Big W as well. :D

message 1976: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Im going in to Marion shopping centre tomorrow to get pressies for my sister who is an old woman(45) today lol. Oh yeah i may venture towards Big W as well. :D"

Good on you Michael....2 for $30 on New Releases is gooooood!!!! ;D

message 1977: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

I just picked up Jasper Jones by Craig Silvey
The Dog Who Danced by Susan Wilson
The Light Between Oceans by M.L. Stedman
Running Pink by Megan Norris

All from Big W! The last one was on for $15 at Target, so Big W price matched from just under $25! Good saving:)
The middle two were in the 2 for $30 sale, and I've wanted the first one for ages:) Happy little vegemite!! lol

message 1978: by Ralph (new)

Ralph Halse | 6 comments I am reading The Parthian at the moment. It places a whole new perspective on the Romanisation of the ancient world.

message 1979: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Ralph wrote: "I am reading The Parthian at the moment. It places a whole new perspective on the Romanisation of the ancient world."

The Parthian ...a new purchase for you Ralph? Hope you're enjoying it!

message 1980: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Just picked up White Horse by Alex Adams I've been intrigued by reading all the comments about it, plus the blurb, so thought I'd check it out!

Bluesky | 86 comments Brenda wrote: "Just picked up White Horse by Alex Adams I've been intrigued by reading all the comments about it, plus the blurb, so thought I'd check it out!"

Oooh that sounds interesting Brenda ... :)

message 1982: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Bluesky wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Just picked up White Horse by Alex Adams I've been intrigued by reading all the comments about it, plus the blurb, so thought I'd check it out!"

Oooh that sounds interesting Brenda ..."

It does, doesn't it..reckon I'll try to get to it sooner, rather than later:)

message 1983: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2620 comments My hubby and daughter bought me Melbourne by Sophie Cunningham for mothers day :)

message 1984: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "My hubby and daughter bought me Melbourne by Sophie Cunningham for mothers day :)"

Oh nice, you'll enjoy that Mish:)

Deborah Burrows | 9 comments The Piper's Son by Merlina Marchetta. I loved Looking for Alibrandi some years ago and I've recently got into her again. I and tore through On the Jellico Road and Saving Francesca. Piper's son is a 'grown up' sequel. She's great.

message 1986: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Deborah Burrows | 9 comments Absolutely. I'm surprised I didn't read all of these earlier.

message 1988: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Picked up The Boy Who Fell to Earth this morning, as I'm going to the Sydney Writer's Festival on Friday, and will be seeing Kathy Lette, so I'm hoping she'll sign it for me:)

message 1989: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (new)

Picked this one up abit earlier. Promise

Sounds really good from the blurb. Cant wait to read it. :)

message 1990: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2620 comments Michael wrote: "Picked this one up abit earlier. Promise

Sounds really good from the blurb. Cant wait to read it. :)"

Ooo! I'd like to read that one as well. Sound good

message 1991: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Picked this one up abit earlier. Promise

Sounds really good from the blurb. Cant wait to read it. :)"

I've had that one on my TBR list since March, Michael. I'd love to know what you think when you get to it:)

message 1992: by Mish (last edited May 23, 2012 06:31PM) (new)

Mish | 2620 comments I picked up these books from Allbook4less

Lyrics Alley: A Novel
The Ritual - sounds scary
I Am God

message 1993: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "I picked up these books from Allbook4less

I Am God"

Good pick-ups Mish:) I have the last one...BD 24hr sale...and the second one sure does sound scary...maybe terrifying would be the word!!!

message 1994: by Mish (new)

Mish | 2620 comments Brenda wrote: "Mish wrote: "I picked up these books from Allbook4less

I Am God"

Good pick-ups Mish:) I have the last one...BD 24hr sale...and the second one sure..."

Haha it does! I'll be reading it with ALL the lights on :)

message 1995: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Mish wrote: "Brenda wrote: "Mish wrote: "I picked up these books from Allbook4less

I Am God"

Good pick-ups Mish:) I have the last one...BD 24hr sale...and the ..."

Ha! The first review reads 'terrifying'!!!

message 1996: by Michael, Captain Everything:) (last edited May 29, 2012 05:57AM) (new)

Picked up these ones today from Big W. All That I Am The Betrayal. :D

message 1997: by Tamara (last edited May 29, 2012 06:38AM) (new)

Tamara | 76 comments I bought one book myself this week Deborah's A Stranger in My Street. I'm looking forward to reading it, and seeing her at Koorliny (the local arts centre/theatre) for a meet-the-author in July.

And today when I went to the shops with my sister and she bought a couple books for me. I got; Morgan's Law and Jilted. I really looking forward to reading all three books, and hoping that I can get to them before I go overseas in mid-June.

message 1998: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Tamara wrote: "I bought one book myself this week Deborah's A Stranger in My Street. I'm looking forward to reading it, and seeing her at Koorliny (the local arts centre/theatre) for a meet-the-author in July.

A..."

I really want to read A Stranger in My Street too Tamara! It sounds sooo good!

message 1999: by Brenda, Lightning fingers! (new)

Michael wrote: "Picked up these ones today from Big W. All That I Am The Betrayal. :D"

Nice pick-ups Michael...hope you enjoy them:)

Tamara | 76 comments I told a lie...I did in fact get another book, but I wasn't expecting it this week, so I was very surprised (and happy!) to find it waiting by the front door for me (at least the postie didn't try and shove it in the letterbox!)

The lovely Fiona Palmer sent me a signed copy of her book The Road Home, I bought it as an early birthday present for myself (apparently I'm not content with an overseas holiday, I also need to buy myself a book!!)