Wild Things: YA Grown-Up discussion

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kass (new)

Kass | 16 comments For many years I owned the book I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and never read it. Then I moved many times and the book was sold at a garage sale. Last year I stumbled across a review of the book and would now love to read it, but I cannot find a copy anywhere. Since joining this site I have seen it referenced a few times, in other media as well, it is haunting me. I need to find this book, it's become an obsession, and then hope it lives up to the hype I have created around it.

message 2: by Kass (new)

Kass | 16 comments Kass wrote: "For many years I owned the book I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and never read it. Then I moved many times and the book was sold at a garage sale. Last year I stumble..."

Okay this is getting weird now - I just followed a link from the Buffy, Angel and Roswell thread and came across this book again in a list of someone's favourite reads.

message 3: by Carolyn (new)

Carolyn (seeford) | 67 comments Hi Kass! I have this list on my tbr shelf as well, but I've never owned a copy. Just did some searches online and it looks like the Dymocks in Melbourne has an edition of this in stock in the store, and they have a couple editions available online. Oh, and I don't know what their lending policies are, but the Victoria Library in Melbourne has two copies listed as available as well.
Hope this helps!
Happy Australia Day!

message 4: by Kass (new)

Kass | 16 comments Carolyn wrote: "Hi Kass! I have this list on my tbr shelf as well, but I've never owned a copy. Just did some searches online and it looks like the Dymocks in Melbourne has an edition of this in stock in the stor..."

Thankyou for the heads up. I should have tried ringing around rather than visiting every bookshop within a 20k radius :) I will give Dymocks a call tomorrow, see if they will send it to a store closer to home.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

I Capture the Castle (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Dodie Smith (other topics)