What's The Name of That Book??? discussion

Just to Chat > Bye

Comments (showing 1-4 of 4) (4 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 1386 comments En Garde!, I'm assuming you can't find the post but that it is here. The only people who can delete requests is the person who makes them and me, and I've never deleted any.

The way this group works, people comment when they think they can be of help. We tend not to comment if we have no idea what the book might be. It would just clutter up things in a group such as this. We'd all be reading & checking threads each time someone said I have no idea or something similar.

You can click on your name above your posts here where it says message 1: by En Garde! Click on En Garde! and you should find all the posts that you've made. I hope that helps.

Feel free to return and post any other books you're searching for and hopefully members here can be helpful.

I have a couple books I've posted about that haven't been found yet, but one of mine wasn't found for over 2-1/2 years, so I leave all my requests up indefinitely.

message 2: by stormhawk (new)

stormhawk | 144 comments En Garde, Lisa is right. It takes time for the right person to come along and find your book. It also helps if you provide the best possible description of the content.

message 3: by Sarah (new)

Sarah | 33 comments It might help to bump your book back up to the top of the list so new people can see it. Not everyone reads through all the unsolved posts, and may not see yours from back in July. I posted a description of a book and it still wasn't found after 4 months. It had gotten buried in the list of other books needing to be solved. I posted another comment in my thread and said something like "I'm bumping this up." It moved my book back up to the top of the list and someone saw it and solved it. I hope this helps!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) | 1386 comments Sarah, Great tip. Yes, anyone is free to bump up their request threads.

unread topics | mark unread