The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

GETTING TO KNOW YOU > Looking for Goodreads friends!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 294) (294 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6

message 1: by Zooey (new)

Zooey (Zooey_Iding) | 10 comments Hey Goodreaders, I'm Zooey (named after a book!) and I'd really like to meet new friends here! Nobody in my close environment is much of a reader, like I am. And if they are, they only read Dutch books while I prefer English books.

I like to know what people are reading, read reviews, discover the new or classic must-reads and just have a good time here! I myself update my progress on books regularly and review every book that I have read every since I joined this website.

My favorite books are classics and detectives, but I really just read anything that I hear people talk about. And that is exactly why I'd like to meet some new people here, to learn about new books that I have yet to discover!

What you can expect to get from me is a good dose of humor, I guess. When I post something like a review, I'm usually not too serious. I like to have fun, not so much pretend to be a literary expert.

I can't wait to hear from you and discover your interests in books!

message 2: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments You can add me as a friend. I read just about any type of book and trying to get better about writing reviews.

message 3: by KSMary (new)

KSMary | 463 comments Please add me also. I've found so many books that I never would have read before joining this site.

Mary

message 4: by Keri ♠ (new)

Keri ♠ | 192 comments I'm not that active here any more with this group (I check in and skim through sometimes) because I'm extremely busy going back to school (doing a diploma program for Medical Billing and Coding). I expect to finish in June 2011. However, I do have time to listen to audiobooks on my drive back and forth to school (2 hours roundtrip each night/4 nights a week). I have actually been able to do more "reading" this way. I really enjoy the suspense/detective/mystery type books as well and I would highly recommend Tess Geritssen's books--Harvest was really good as was The Bone Garden (both are involved with medicine and Bone Garden went back and forth between present day and 1830s, if you like historical type books too). She also has done the Rizzoli and Isles series, but I haven't had a chance to find the first book yet in audio CD from the library. That is an author and two books I would recommend from my recent reading.

Anyway, please feel free to add me as a friend. I'm with Mariyam, I don't have that many friends on here and would love another one or more :) Mariyam, feel free to add me too please if you wish. The more the merrier!

Keri

message 5: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Holmes | 52 comments Hi I'm Izzy and you are welcome to add me to your list the more the merrier. I belong to a monthly reading group where we all read the same book and meet up at the library and I love crime novels and attend a crime writers festival every summer. I am hoping to read at least 50 books this year and am trying to write a little about each book I read.

message 6: by Zooey (new)

Zooey (Zooey_Iding) | 10 comments I welcome all new Goodread friends! So nice to meet you all here!

message 7: by Tanya (new)

Tanya | 2 comments Hi Zooey! I've been a member of this group for a little while, but haven't been as active as I would have liked because I went back to work in the fall (I took time off over the summer to stay at home with my daughter) and then I missed the start of the Winter challenge! Anyway, I love to see what people are reading, so feel free to add me as well. I love getting to know new people - and their bookshelves!

message 8: by Dee (new)

Dee (nushmutty) | 147 comments Hi Zooey (and everyone) - I'm Dee, I'm usually pretty active in the challenges but just started school again (in addition to my full-time job and being a mother of two young kids) so I think it will be a victory to just finish one book this challenge! Regardless, I'd love to add friends to my Goodreads list because I love reading reviews and choosing my books based on what other people thought!! I look forward to "meeting" you!

message 9: by Jenny (new)

Jenny Gendel (JennyCHICAGO) | 58 comments Hi Everyone,

Always looking for more books and suggestions, right now my only friend on goodreads never adds any books, so I never get any other new suggestions. I love getting reviews on other peoples books. Please feel free to add me as a friend.

Jenny

message 10: by Barbara VA (new)

Barbara VA (BarbaraVA) Add me, too! I do not write a lot of reviews but I do add when I feel strongly about a book. I love to see what people are reading, makes my TBR list VERY long.

message 11: by Bluemoon (new)

Bluemoon (Bluemoon286) | 1330 comments Hey all. Anyone that wants to add me can also. I don't write alot of reviews either but I try to rate all my books. If you have any questions on a book you can message me and I will do my best to answer.

Happy Reading All!!

message 12: by Casey (new)

Casey (emeraldelephant) | 71 comments Hi everyone! I'll jump in too - one can never have too many friends, especially when it comes to talking about books! Feel free to add me too. I don't usually write reviews either, but I do have a pretty strict rating code. (A book only gets a 5 if I would read it again immediately; generally 4s are books I'd read again at some point, and 3s are books that were entertaining, but only good enough to read once. Needless to say, I have a lot of 3s.) I like finding new authors and genres, and will read most anything...like Barbara VA, my TBR list is super long!

message 13: by Donna Jo (new)

Donna Jo Atwood | 3147 comments I don't always write reviews, or even pithy comments about the books I read, but I normally go through books at the rate of one day, so my lists is fairly long. Anyone who want to friend me can just ask and mention you're in the Seasonal Challenge.

message 14: by Zooey (new)

Zooey (Zooey_Iding) | 10 comments It is so nice to meet you all here! I thought I'd give a shout out to all my new friends here and everyone that I have yet to meet. Thank you all for being my GR friends, commenting and giving me new book ideas. It is great to be in touch with people who take such an interest in reading too. Can't wait to learn more about you and your books!

Much love from a grateful GR-er!

message 15: by Jesse (new)

Jesse Griffin (DawnDestruction) | 1 comments Hello Everyone! I'll join just because you can truly never have too many friends; When it comes to books especially.I don't always write a review because my computer takes forever to catch up with my typing. I can't wait to get to know you guys! There isn't really anyone here who reads excessively like me though I'm working on converting a few friends. :D Anyways, Add me if you want!

~Dawn Destruction XD

message 16: by Karen Michele (new)

Karen Michele (Klibrary) | 1157 comments I've been meaning to add myself as a willing friend here for awhile. I do ratings on all the books I read and I'm willing to be friends with anyone in the challenge. New tasks tomorrow, hooray!

message 17: by Mx.shining (new)

Mx.shining | 26 comments Hi :). I'm really glad I saw this thread, because I'm kind of friendless on Goodreads. I rate the books I read and when I feel like it, I write a small review. Everyone is welcome to add me as a friend ;).

message 18: by Sandie (new)

Sandie (chocdrop) | 214 comments I'm always happy to be friends with anyone on the challenge. I don't review much, but I always rate books when I've read them.

message 19: by Sandy (last edited Feb 19, 2011 08:31AM) (new)

Sandy | 9904 comments Mod
I'm also fine with being "friended" by anyone in the challenge. When you get the "challenge question" just note that you're an SRC member - I got a couple weird friend requests a while back, so I put the question there.

message 20: by Desirée (new)

Desirée (DesireL) | 21 comments Hi everyone, I'm so happy about this thread! I've been mooning for days because I don't have any friends on goodreads and didn't know how to find anyone.
I'm not an avid reviewer, but I rate the books I've read and add comments on what I'm reading at the moment. I love recommendations and recommending books.

message 21: by Sandra (new)

Sandra (Sandra72) | 564 comments Anyone needing a friend can add me. I'm not big into reviewing the books I read, but I rate them all.

message 22: by Sue T (last edited Feb 21, 2011 06:13AM) (new)

Sue T (SueTinge) | 1288 comments You can definitely add me. I do usually rate the books I've read.

Oh yeah and the answer to the question is "yes."

message 23: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (KristinaSimon) | 8157 comments Mod
I'm always happy to have more SRC friends as well.

message 24: by Dlmrose (new)

Dlmrose | 11455 comments Mod
You can add me. I only have books on my read shelf that I've read since I've joined GR, but I read a lot. I wish I could write reviews, but I just don't think I have the words. I love reading others' reviews though.

message 25: by Hettie (last edited Feb 19, 2011 10:48AM) (new)

Hettie | 131 comments I really love this thread. Great idea Zooey. I was wondering how to find some friends on goodreads as no-one I know is here.

Anyone on SRC is welcome to add me as a freiend just mention SRC in you comment on the request.

I read a range of stuff and at least rate what I have read since I joined goodreads. I try to write some reviews but they are usually pretty short.
I am really looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading and the rating they give.

message 26: by Bea (last edited Feb 25, 2011 04:42AM) (new)

Bea | 2169 comments Hi, folks. Looking for some GR friends. I like to read but have limited time. I try to write quick reviews of what I think about the book but sometimes they are REALLY short. I rate everything I read. My need-to-finish list are books that I lost interest in or walked away from for too long a time. Any SRC member is always welcome to be my friend.

message 27: by Audiaa (new)

Audiaa | 100 comments Hi Everyone, I would love to have some goodreads friends from this group. I read all kinds of books, but the majority since I joined goodreads seem to be fantasy and young adult. I also like sci fi and all kinds of non-fiction, and yeah pretty much everything. I've just recently started writing reviews for the things that I read, but I haven't been doing that long. I do rate everything though. I've notice that I've found a lot of new books from looking at other people's lists, ratings and reviews.

message 28: by Princess (new)

Princess Zimbellina (princesszimbellina) | 109 comments I'm also happy to be friended by people in this group. I rate everything I read and I'm starting to write reviews.

message 29: by Izzy (new)

Izzy Holmes | 52 comments I'm happy to be befriended by anyone in this group. i have been a member for 2 challenges now and have stated to write a little about each book that I have read. I have really enjoyed reading the to read lists and reviews and comments of my friends it has given me lots of new books to consider trying.

message 30: by Stacey (new)

Stacey | 229 comments I'm happy to be added by anyone looking for more GR friends, too!

message 31: by chucklesthescot (new)

chucklesthescot *grins* There is nothing like some good book buddies! I love lurking on other people's shelves looking at their reviews/ratings and getting ideas for new books to read. I love reviewing my books and I'm pretty blunt about what I think! Recommendations, and PMs asking about something I've read are very welcome and anyone from SRC can add me as a friend. Just answer the question saying you are from the SRC and I'll add you.

message 32: by Kim (new)

Kim (goodreadscomkimber) | 731 comments I'd love some friends! I too am Goodreads friendless!
I love mystery and suspense and some paranormal, too, but since I started this challenge I've broadened my horizons quite alot. I've read so many things I never would have thought to pick up & some have become favorites.
I rate and review pretty much everything I read; this is part of the book reading experience for me. I don't try to be eloquent, just honest.
I love to read others' reviews and will always check the reviews before starting a new book. It's always great to get new book recommendations from others, too!

message 33: by ★Meghan★ (new)

★Meghan★ (starinheaven) | 832 comments I would be more than willing to be Goodreads friends with anyone!

message 34: by Riona (new)

Riona (rionafaith) I'm always looking for friends too! Anyone should feel free to add me! I usually read science fiction, fantasy, humor, and some nonfiction. I always rate books but don't write too many reviews.

message 35: by RedSycamore (new)

RedSycamore | 76 comments Anyone looking for GR friends is welcome to add me, as well! I especially like authors who are too clever for their own good and quirky, funny stuff a la Neil Gaiman.

I started out using Godoreads as nothing more than a virtual bookshelf, but then I stumbled onto the seasonal reading challenge group...

Winter 2010-2011 was my first challenge, and I enjoyed finding books to fill out my list almost as much as reading them (even if I did get end finishing far fewer than I expected to!).

message 36: by Carla (new)

Carla (carlajones) | 94 comments Please feel free to add me as well - I welcome new book friends and perspectives - and reading lists!

message 37: by Shannon (new)

Shannon ★ (shann0n) | 18 comments If anyone wants to add me, I'm looking for some friends on here!

message 38: by Amanda Pearl (new)

Amanda Pearl (amandapearl) | 272 comments Anyone can add me, I pretty much read everything but I tend to enjoy fantasy, science fiction, and action books. My favorite book of all time is Alice in Wonderland, and I think Harry Potter is better than Twilight :P

message 39: by Shannon (new)

Shannon ★ (shann0n) | 18 comments Harry Potter is so definitely better than Twilight! They shouldn't even be in the same category. =D

message 40: by Brenda (new)

Brenda | 78 comments Great thread Zooey, I am jumping in! I haven't written any reviews, but I rate everything I read. Hope to see you on my friend list soon.

message 41: by Jennifer N. (new)

Jennifer N. | 422 comments I would be happy to add anyone who wants to be friends :)

message 42: by Joy Marie (new)

Joy Marie (JoyMarie) | 133 comments I am happy to have anyone add me as a friend. I am always open to new book suggestions and I read a little bit of everything.

message 43: by Meagan (last edited Mar 01, 2011 08:25PM) (new)

Meagan | 125 comments I'm a sporadic reader. I like to read a lot, but I'm a college student, so I read in fits and bursts depending on my work load. I read pretty much everything, and I'd love to have some new friends. So, add me!

message 44: by Jessica-L- (new)

Jessica-L- | 26 comments Hello
Goodreads friends wanted!! :)
Everyone is welcome!
This is a cool thread :)

message 45: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer Hodges Young | 260 comments Hello all

I would love to be friends with anyone looking as well, I read a book every couple of days and read just about anything. I don't do reviews (they intimidate me) unless the book really moves me either in a good or bad way. Unless I am doing the challenge I forget to mark the books as read so my list is really not an accurate look at everything I have read!

message 46: by Teresa Jo (new)

Teresa Jo (teresajo) | 198 comments Anyone can add me, I read a lot and rate the books when finished although I don't write reviews.

message 47: by Diana (new)

Diana | 3 comments Hey book lovers! you can add me too... I read as much as I can, although it is difficult with the time, since I am studying something completely different, but I'll do a mini-review after I finish each book for sure. :)

message 48: by Inez (new)

Inez | 59 comments Anyone can add me as well. Just let me know your from SRC! I like to see what others are reading!

message 49: by Megan (new)

Megan | 6 comments Hi all -- I am also looking for goodread friends. I am reading through your posts right now, but please go ahead and add me as well. I am looking forward to seeing what everyone is reading and sharing ideas with you guys.

message 50: by Danie (new)

Danie (heyydanie) Hey everyone! I'm always looking for new friends. I love to browse other's shelves for recommendations and read reviews. Not to mention just general chatting with fellow booklovers!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Franny and Zooey (other topics)
The Madman’s Daughter (other topics)
Chronicles of the Black Company (other topics)
The Dude Who Did Dictionaries (other topics)