Romance Readers Reading Challenges discussion

2011 Challenge Archive > February Pick It For Me

Comments (showing 501-529 of 529) (529 new)    post a comment »
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 next »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 501: by Katie (new)

Katie | 1445 comments Melinda wrote: "Katherine,

Thank you for your picks! I finished The Host a couple of days ago. I have to admit, the beginning was hard and there were times when I didn't know if I was going to finish the book. ..."

yeah, i definitely agree with you there, melinda.

message 502: by Rebecca (new)

Rebecca (bexsi) | 367 comments Tugce Nida, I loved all the books you recommended for me except American Gods I didnt even get halfway through it (thats a big deal for me as when I start a book I have a compulsion to finish it) hopefully in the future I may be able to finish it.

message 503: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments I know what you mean, because I have the same urge when I start a book I feel, I have to finish it no matter what. lately I find audiobooks also helps. some books I couldn't countinue to read I tried audiobooks especially when I am on my way to work (its a long way) and it works quite good for me. And I am worried about Neil Gaiman's book as well. I tried reading Good Omens and couldn't proceed much actually. I don't know why but I so wanted to like his books...

message 504: by Macwolf01 [Elise] (new)

Macwolf01 [Elise] (Macwolf01) | 986 comments Macwolf01 [Elise] wrote: "Thanks SheSwitches, great picks ... I'll read either A Game of Thrones (A Song of Ice and Fire, #1) by George R.R. Martin, The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidson or Steamed (Steampunk Romance, #1) by Katie MacAlister if I can get it at the library."

I'm sorry SheSwitches ... I haven't had a chance to read any of these yet. Its been a crazy union month, I will read them just doubtful before the end of Feb.
E

message 505: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 227 comments @Becky, I'm glad you enjoyed Blood Bound! Hopefully, you'll continue with the series because it only gets better!! :)

message 506: by Ari (new)

Ari (moochew12) | 159 comments Regina wrote: "Ari,

Just finished Loose Endsand loved it!

Thanks for the rec."

Regina,
Only just now checked back. Didn't know you'd get it and read it so fast! Glad you enjoyed it.=D It did have an interesting summary.

Jane (PS),
I am still on hold waiting for The Forgotten Garden....when I do get it and read it I will personally message you how I liked it.

message 507: by Jane (PS), Moderator (new)

Jane (PS) | 8821 comments Gosh - long waiting list? or someone is taking a while to read it! It is quite long, so maybe that is it :)

Yes, let me know Ari - I'd be interested to hear your feedback.

message 508: by BJ Rose (new)

BJ Rose (BJRose) | 4214 comments Anya -
Just wanted to let you know that I finished another one of your recommendations: I just finished reading Impulse. It was a good read, but nowhere near as superb as As You Desire

message 509: by Joyce (new)

Joyce (Eternity21) | 680 comments I finished Breaking Dawn today *****.. I really loved it. Now looking forward to the movie.

message 510: by Sarah (new)

Sarah Dizon (sarahd828) | 227 comments I just finished Dark Lover by JR Ward and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I always get a little hesitant when soooo many people really like a book because then I feel like I have to enjoy it and then I don't. But I really did enjoy this book. I liked Wrath and Beth. I liked the premise of the vampires and their background as well as the lessers. I will probably continue with the series.

message 511: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1330 comments Becky

I just finished As You Desire by Connie Brockway.. Such a beautiful story!!! It's definitely going on my keeper shelf (but now I need an actual paper copy to go on my actual wooden shelf, lol). I adored it! 5*, and I totally fell in love with Harry and his unswerving love for Dizzy:-D Thank you so much for recommending it!!

message 512: by Dee, Moderator (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7033 comments I was the same with this series - I put off reading it so long and now I'm glad I did and also not glad...glad because I don't have to wait the super long time for the next book to come out...but kicking myself because it was a great series ;)

Sarah wrote: "I just finished Dark Lover by JR Ward and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised. I always get a little hesitant when soooo many people really like a book because then I feel like I have to ..."

message 513: by Cassie (last edited Feb 27, 2011 07:31PM) (new)

Cassie | 235 comments I finished my book, Key of Light (Key trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts. Thanks for the pick Megan!

All I've read of Nora Roberts were the Circle Trilogy and Sign of Seven trilogy. I'm glad to get started on another one!

message 514: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4476 comments Kami, I finished Halfway to the Grave in the car today. (I really liked the audio version!) Thank you so much for getting this one off my TBR shelf! I loved it and went straight into the second book!

message 515: by Kami (new)

Kami (aidansmama) | 967 comments I am still waiting to get that one from the library. I put it on hold.

message 516: by MountainKat, Moderator (new)

MountainKat | 4476 comments I hope you like it as much as I did! Be warned though, you will want to go right into the second book!

LethalLovely~This City's Made Us Crazy & We Must Get Out (LethalLovely) | 822 comments Aleksandra,

I finished one of your picks for me-A Taste of Magic. I hate paranormal chick-lit but this book actually wasn't that bad. It was definitely better written than a lot of books I've had the misfortune to read in that genre. Thank you very much for rec'ing!

message 518: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1330 comments Oh and Becky

I forgot, I read Never Seduce a Scoundrel (School for Heiresses, Book 1) by Sabrina Jeffries two weeks ago and loved it as well!! Thanks for the rec!

message 519: by Tuğçe (new)

Tuğçe Sevin (TugceninKitapligi) | 606 comments Sandy,

I have finally finished The Secret History, thank you for recommending it, as alone I would never probably have picked it up. It was a good one, I liked it a lot. I had a difficult time deciding whether to go for a 3stars or 4stars :) I thought it was worth 4stars with the effort, the writer made...

message 520: by ~Megan~ (new)

~Megan~ (Megadee) Cassie wrote: "I finished my book, Key of Light (Key trilogy, #1) by Nora Roberts. Thanks for the pick Megan!

All I've read of Nora Roberts were the Circle Trilogy and Sign of Seven trilogy. I'm glad to get started on another ..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it, Cassie!!

message 521: by Cathy (new)

Cathy C | 346 comments FEBRUARY RRRC PICK IT FOR ME CHALLENGE

Crave by J R Ward 2/12
The Spellman Files by Lisa Lutz 2/26

Crave (The Fallen Angels, #2) by J.R. Ward The Spellman Files (The Spellmans, #1) by Lisa Lutz

message 522: by [deleted user] (new)

Allison,
i am a little bit late but at last i decided to read Shiver from maggie stiefvater and i just finished it. i must say that i was surprised, i didn't expect to like it as much as i did. some of the storyline was quite predictable but i am definetely looking forward to reading the next one in series. thank you again for your wonderful recommendations! (:

message 523: by Becky (new)

Becky (beckysbusyreading) | 258 comments Melanie wrote: "Becky

I just finished As You Desire by Connie Brockway.. Such a beautiful story!!! It's definitely going on my keeper shelf (but now I need an actual paper copy to go on my actual wooden shelf,..."

Melanie, I am so happy you liked it!

message 524: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2191 comments Update 3/1 - Congratulations!

Penney - Finished
Jane(PS)- Finished
Regina - Finished
Diane - Finished
Pam - Finished
Fran - Finished
Melissa - Finished
Annabell - Finished
Laura - Finished
BJ Rose - Finished
Erin - Finished
Annie - Finished
Hayley - Finished
Tania - Finished
Sandy - Finished
Pollyanna - Finished
Katie - Finished
Miss - Finished
Gigi - Finished
Jim - Finished
Yz - Finished
DD - Finished
Rena - Finished
Melissa - Finished
Debbie - Finished
Megan - Finished
MountainKat - Finished
Autumn - Finished
Anja - Finished
Rachel - Finished
Sara - Finished
Kerste - Finished
Kami - Finished
Allison - Finished
Lady Kati - Finished
Layla - Finished
DG - Finished
Polina - Finished
Inga - Finished
Sue - Finished
Pam - Finished
Becky - Finished
Elke - Finished
SheSwitches - Finished
Melinda - Finished
Tugce Nida - Finished
Rebecca - Finished
Joyce - Finished
Sarah - Finished
Melanie - Finished
Cassie - Finished
LethalLovely - Finished
Tugce Nida - Finished
Cathy - Finished
Aleksandra - Finished

Did i miss anybody?

message 525: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (melaina) | 1330 comments Becky wrote: "Melanie wrote: "Becky

I just finished As You Desire by Connie Brockway.. Such a beautiful story!!! It's definitely going on my keeper shelf (but now I need an actual paper copy to go on my actu..."

LOVED it, and have now finished read her Rose Hunters trilogy (#1 & 2 were amazing!) and So Enchanting, lol (you got me hooked!)

message 526: by AlbertaJenn (new)

AlbertaJenn | 267 comments Looks like I'm the last one to post(?)

Anyway, I finished Chalice of Roses by Jo Beverley yesterday, but only just got on to post it. It is an anthology of four romance stories centered around the Holy Grail. They take place in four different time periods, and all revolve around having to find the grail or return it to safety. It was an interesting take on the legends.

It was good, but not amazing. These same four authors also wrote Dragon Lovers (Includes  Guardians, Book 2.5) by Jo Beverley, and it was also good, but not astounding. I originally bought these because they include stories written by Jo Beverley. But I think I like her other books better.

message 527: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (sandyc88) | 1204 comments Tugce Nida wrote: "Sandy,

I have finally finished The Secret History, thank you for recommending it, as alone I would never probably have picked it up. It was a good one, I liked it a lot. I had a difficult time dec..."

I'm glad you enjoyed it! This is one that I want to re-read. It's been about 8 years since I first read it. Time sure flies!!

message 528: by Tatiana (new)

Tatiana (tatiana_g) I am very late, but it took forever for my library to get my pick to me. Finished Counterfeit Magic and enjoyed it very much. Thank you, Joyce!

message 529: by Rossy (new)

Rossy (naughtybookjunkie) | 2191 comments Congrats Alberta and Tatiana!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 next »