Colorful Chick Lit Challenge discussion

Giveaways > The Frugalista Files

Comments (showing 1-13 of 13) (13 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Reads4Pleasure, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

Reads4Pleasure | 32 comments Mod
If you've followed my blog this week, you've read about the book and the author, now it's time to get in on the fun. I'll be giving away two copies of The Frugalista Files; an electronic version for either the Nook or Kindle, and a hard copy. I'm fascinated, you say. How do I win? you ask. I'm so glad you asked.

There are two ways to win: 1) share a frugal tip that you use regularly to save money or 2) shelve elf a copy of The Frugalista Files, take a picture of it on its new shelf and email it to me at lisa@reads4pleasure.com.

What's shelve elving? Glad you asked that too. Shelf elves visit bookstores and mischievously re-shelve books. Sometimes it's a book that's been placed in what the elf believes is the wrong genre. Other times it's a book the elf believes should be front and center in the store instead of hidden in a corner no one ever visits.

So it's up to you. Share a tip or shelve elf and send a picture. One winner per category will be chosen. You have until 5:00 p.m. CST, Monday, January 17 to share your tips and pictures. Hop to it!

Disclaimer: Only members of this Goodreads group or followers of my blog are eligible to win.

LiteraryMarie Should we share the tips here, on your blog, or email them?

message 3: by Reads4Pleasure, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

Either here or the blog is fine.

LiteraryMarie Frugal Tip: Before you shell out cash, ask if this is something you really need or just want.

message 5: by Shanae (last edited Jan 15, 2011 04:27PM) (new)

Shanae (imablackpoem) I wish I could participate. Dang! I ran out & bought the book at the end of the 2010...finished it on January 2. LOL. It was just that good! I hope a lot of people try to win a copy.

message 6: by Reads4Pleasure, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

You can still share frugal tips though. Feel free!

Kathryne (Bookgirl1365) | 2 comments Here is a trick that I use to put away extra money. When I go grocery shopping, at the bottom of the receipt, the store always indicates how much you have saved by using the store rewards card. I total up the amount of money that I saved, round it up to the nearest dollar and put that amount in an envelope. At the end of the quarter (or the year, if you can hold out that long) you have an amount that you can buy yourself something with (or put towards a debt, if you are trying to reduce or get out of debt) without interfering with your normal budget. You will surprised at how much money will accumulate in the envelope!!

message 8: by Reads4Pleasure, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

Kathryne wrote: "Here is a trick that I use to put away extra money. When I go grocery shopping, at the bottom of the receipt, the store always indicates how much you have saved by using the store rewards card. I..."

That's a wonderful idea. I've never even thought about that. I'm going to try that starting with my Walmart receipt from yesterday.

LiteraryMarie Great trick! I'm going to start doing that for all places that record savings on the receipt (Target, CVS, Rite Aid, etc)

message 10: by Reads4Pleasure, Her Royal Chicklet (new)

The winners of The Frugalista Files are Kissalife (from the blog) and Literary Marie (from Goodreads)! Kathryne, I'd also like to offer you a copy for your great tip.

Remember ladies, I'm giving away a paperback copy and an e-reader copy. If you don't have an e-reader and would prefer a paperback, please let me know.

E-mail your snail mail and/or device e-mail address to me at lisa@reads4pleasure.com.

Thanks to everyone for participating!

Shanae (imablackpoem) Congratulations, y'all!!!

LiteraryMarie Thanks :)

unread topics | mark unread