Moning Maniacs discussion

Archives/Dead Threads > Shadowfever (book 5) WITH SPOILERS!!!

Comments (showing 1-50 of 200) (200 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4

message 1: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Shadowfever thread with spoilers for those of us who can't wait to talk about it.

DO NOT read if you don't want to know.

You have been thoroughly warned.

message 2: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) FYI: Im not marking all my posts "Spoilers" since this thread is specifically for that.

I cried when I read the posting and Barrons better not be really dead, although it sure sounds as if he is. What a way to start a book. I think it's going to be awesome!!!!

Shannen *aka Mrs. Jericho Barrons* (ShannyBananny71) Amanda wrote: "I cried when I read the posting and Barrons better not be really dead, although it sure sounds as if he is. What a way to start a book. I think it's going to be awesome!!!! "

I was sneaking reading it at work and trying very hard to not cry.

message 4: by Mariya (new)

Mariya (cr6zym0nkeyiz) | 352 comments Mod
Chapter 1 was so hard to read and when I read it was Barrons I was OMFG...and when MAc when like get up! get up! I was like get up! also. I need Barrons again!

message 5: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments I just can't beleive that he is completly dead... impossible.

message 6: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments Did anyone read the leak that had three chapters?

message 7: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I still have my hopes high that he isn't all the way dead.

message 8: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments I will be so mad I may never read another book by her again if I dont get my HEA!

message 9: by Mariya (new)

haha. I don't believe he is dead. I had this feeling thatnow Mac wants to get the book you know, for herself but find out all she can about it. I had the feeling that she was going to use it to try to bring back Barrons and ALina. Something in this book points to that.

message 10: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments Thats possible.. Just wondering why if Ryodan knew that Barrons was the beast why would he kill him. I can't beleive that if Barrons didnt trust him then Ryodan wouldnt have known. So killing him had to be somoething that was supposed to happen I thought this all along but reading only that part and not having the whole book might likely drive me nuts before Tuesday.

message 11: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) I am sooo right there with you Gwen, that's what I keep thinking! It had to be some sort of plan all along, I can't believe Ryodan would be traitor to Barrons... And I'm pretty confident that Barrons is going to come back someway somehow, KMM wouldn't keep him permanently dead, it would be career suicide for her... she's just messing with us!!!

COME ON TUESDAY!!!!

message 12: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments Susan that is why I think that she only put up two chapters and the site that leaked it had three or this is me trying to rationalize. LOL There had to be a plan if she called IYD Barrons would know that she called Ryodan first... RIGHT, this is me rationalizing again.

Mariya I agree I was in pain when I read how Mac felt

message 13: by Mariya (new)

That is driving me crazy why Ryodan would do that. Another reason I need the book now! I enjoyed her revealing that everything, her thoughts knowing them after she found out who the beast was.

message 14: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Gwen wrote: "Susan that is why I think that she only put up two chapters and the site that leaked it had three or this is me trying to rationalize. LOL There had to be a plan if she called IYD Barrons would k..."

That's a good thought, that she had to call Ryoden first before IYD, so Ryoden knows but he's maybe possible dead too. That leaves Christian who also may possible be dead or Evil, and LM both in the silvers with her.

message 15: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I'm really excited now to see her use her powers!!! She's going to be bitchin' : D

message 16: by Vicky (new)

Vicky | 47 comments SHe is that is what I think Barrons is depending on. (this is my wishful thinking now)

message 17: by Amanda (last edited Jan 13, 2011 06:29PM) (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) She froze the forest at the end of the second chapter and V'lane could change the weather with his moods. Soooo...does that mean she is fae? Seelie? Can the unseelie do that too? She can touch unseelie objects but I don't remember if she touched seelie objects. Anyone remember??
I have too many questions...Gah. ..

message 18: by Susan (Suz) (new)

Susan (Suz) (sharney) all very good thoughts ladies, can't wait to see how it all plays out!!!! Bollocks Tuesday is not going to get here fast enough!!!!

message 19: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 42 comments I read the three chapters that someone posted the link to last night. If I hadn't read the third chapter, I would have said that Barrons would possibly heal when it got dark (I just can't give up the vampire idea). If what Darroc told Mac is true, I don't know if this can happen. I just hope that he was lying to her.

message 20: by Zeek (last edited Jan 13, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Zeek | 187 comments Is the amulet seelie or unseelie? she touched that.

I read the one from last night with the little extra- it wasnt all of chapter 3 and it was annoying. Mac is pretending to side with darroc so she can kill him and baby she's ready to do ANYTHING to prove it the way it looks. yes he said he burned the body but i dont believe him because he also said he had her parents and he clearly didnt (mac didnt think so either- and told him she didnt care to prove her ice). besides didt Barrons say you had to poke in the ashes to believe its dead and THEN not be too sure. (She's and you girls too are STILL not listening to him dammit- which pissed me off in faefever so much.) ( OH and how 'bout her confessing to "relieving" herself in the shower after their bout in the garage. :P)

Barrons did his work well,she said when barrons died, Mac was born.

chanting to myself ::he's not gonna stay dead, he's not gonna stay dead::

I have one theory- amongst my many- that this world is a concubine world, ie she's the concubine living in one of the worlds and doesnt know it OR SHE'S the Unseelie king reborn in a new body. nah too out there. BUT I'm kinda leaning toward what V'Lane told her happened long ago with the concubine and uk, actually happening now with Mac not knowing she's the conubine- time sifters that they are.

message 21: by Zeek (last edited Jan 13, 2011 07:13PM) (new)

Zeek | 187 comments I stil dont know what Ry's up too- thinking maybe he knew the spear would kill the beast (yet let the man live) and was doing it to set JZB free. (Noticed the cuff was gone, I bet that's what kept him in "human" form.) OR he really IS two timing and actually WAS actually trying to kill Barrons...

message 22: by Gaynell (new)

Gaynell (GaynellK) | 42 comments I'm just hoping that Darroc was lying when he said he burned the body and scattered the ashes. If he is lying, I think that Barrons may regenerate when it's night again. (Still can't completely give up my vampire theory)

message 23: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I missed that part of the third chapter so I have no clue what's going on beyond when Mac freezes everything. Booo...
I'm going to look up what the relic's are and if they are seelie or unseelie.
I remember she's touched the sword, the amulet and the stones, I just don't remember if they are light or dark.

message 24: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) The Hallows: Eight ancient relics of immense power fashioned by the Fae: four light and four dark. The Light or Seelie Hallows are: the stone, the spear, the sword and the cauldron.
The Dark or Unseelie Hallows are: the amulet, the box, the silvers and the Sinsar Dubh book.
She states in the glossary that 'the stone' is not the same as the 4 stones, and she doesn't know what the stone or the box is.
She also said the Unseelie king made all the Dark hallows, but she doesn't know who made the Light Hallows.

message 25: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Also...and this I find interesting...The King created the amulet so his concubine could reshape reality (pg 321). I hope this means Mac can bring Barrons back.

message 26: by Rozwellite (new)

Rozwellite | 13 comments Okay, I am new to the group. I just joined because you all seem like my kind of people. I have read through most of the posts and a lot of the theories but I just finished reading of the Highlander books and hoping someone could answer a question for me. In the last book(Into the Dreaming), didn't it seem like the seelie queen got taken by the unseelie king? She explains how she was trapped by him before but was able to escape and she thought that she was stronger this time but ended up falling for his trap. Last thing that is said is she puts her head to his chest. To me it sounded like that is where she went missing and why we haven't seen her in the fever series. And if she was taken by the king then I don't think it is possible for JB to be the king. My vote goes for JB to be a vampire or part of the beastie that the fae are afraid to speek of. There is no way he is going to stay dead. Just not going to happen. :)

Stacia (the 2010 club) (Stacia_R) | 73 comments Amanda wrote: "The Hallows: Eight ancient relics of immense power fashioned by the Fae: four light and four dark. The Light or Seelie Hallows are: the stone, the spear, the sword and the cauldron.
The Dark or U..."

Wasn't the flask one of the hallows?

message 28: by Rozwellite (new)

Rozwellite | 13 comments No, the flask is not one of the hallows. It was just a fae object to give immortality to whoever drank from it but would cause the person that drank it to lose their soul. Adam stole it from the seelie queen and hid it hoping that it would never be found.

message 29: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments Okay for starters I absolutely cannot accept the idea of Barrons being gone. So any idea I have involves him coming back. It just CAN'T be any other way.

I think she is going to use EVERYTHING she has to get the book and make the world with Barrons back in it. I think she has nothing to lose. And she considers nothing a liability as long as she is alive and can get to the book that is her only goal. And I think we are going to see a whole new Mac. She is going to have a WAY different moral compass than before. I think it is going to be anything goes to meet her end.

message 30: by Rozwellite (new)

Rozwellite | 13 comments I agree with you Kasey but I really hope Mac doesn't change too much. I would really hate for our heroine to end up doing evils things just to meet her goals. "The end doesn't justify the means."

message 31: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments Yeah I don't think KMM will make her do evil things. (I agree I don't want her evil) Just that I think she is going to do things she wouldn't have before. I think she is going to play this mess with Darroc. Probably sleep with him and all. The old Mac would not do that. Or play friend to him just to get the book. I think she is just learning to respect some things about the way Barrons was. She isn't going to let them manipulate her and instead do what she has to in order to be in control and not let them use her any more. Plus the ends in this besides my Barrons obsession is saving the world. I imagine there is a lot that can be justified for that.

message 32: by Rozwellite (new)

Rozwellite | 13 comments Reading the excerpt on Moning's website has me a little worried. Being that she in the the side of the unseelie and feels they are more like her. She can relate to them. But I do get the feeling that she doesn't care what she has to do because she is planning on changing it all anyways which kinda relates to the idea that the concubine is able to shape her own reality by using the amulet.

I read that some people have read chapter 3. Does anyone have a link because I can only find the first two?

message 33: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments Yeah part of my decision comes from reading the excerpt on her website. I think her relating to the unseelie isn't so bad. She seems to relate to them on the fact that her world is no longer pretty with no feeling of true loss. She relates the seelie to never knowing real hardship or loss. There life has been pampered and easy. She has lost all and learned to live with what is less and fight for what she wants. But yes I think the catch is she is planning to remake the world to what she wants. Plus who knows when that scene is from. She may have learned more about the unseelie since. And I don't actually think the seelie are good. Just prettier. But they will still use humans to meet their purpose. They just make you die in ways you thought of as good.

And yes I read chapter 3, but apparently they took it down. My friends were trying to check on it, but by the time they tried it was already gone.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments One thing I got from Mac's visit to Chester's in Dreamfever was that Roydan at one time was horribly wounded. Remember she describes a hideous scar from one shoulder under his neck and to the other side. An injury he shouldn't have survived. I think Barrons will surviv this too, but how long will it take. I think she will use the book to remake things or to go back in time.
Her mind set is definately anything goes now to just get the book, have the power and change things. She decides to stop relying on others and to help herself and be in charge of what she wants.
Its like Alina said, they had to get the book. I don't think she will sleep with Darroc, but use him, yes.
I wonder if her tears or blood will change Barrons or help bring him back and if the LM/Darroc really burned him. Or will he arise from the ashes like a Phoenix. I read chapter 3. I think it was her leaving Barrons body and getting away from Darroc, but then she decides to wait for him and convince him to work together, so she can get the book.

message 35: by Émeraude (new)

Émeraude (meraude) | 66 comments First, I could not sleep after I read the three chapters!
Second: I do not think even dead JZB
As KKM can kill a character without discovering what it is? there is no sense in it!
only hope that my Mac can move on time! sieve-up!

message 36: by Teryl (new)

Teryl Hey guys, new to this board.

Thanks for reminding me about Ryodan's scar True Love FOrever, I forgot all about that. That gives me more hope. I don't think JZB is truelly dead. I really hope she doesn't make hima ghost though.

I haven't read chapter 3, so the last thing I read is where she froze the forest. One of the things I liked in chapter 1, is where Mac is speculating what JZB really is. It was like KMM too all the theories her fans have put out there, so that was kind of neat.

message 37: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) Rozwellite wrote: "No, the flask is not one of the hallows. It was just a fae object to give immortality to whoever drank from it but would cause the person that drank it to lose their soul. Adam stole it from the se..."

If you look in the Glossary in the back of all the books all the objects of power are there. According to the glossary, there isn't a flask listed. The cauldron is what the fae drink from to forget. Is the flask from the Highlander series?

message 38: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments I think the flask is from the Highland series. I forget which one, but it is the one used to make non fae immortal. The highlander whose dad was fae or whatever made him drink from it. But I think currently it is lost, but it hasn't been brought into the fever series. When I have more time I'll see if I can find the reference to it.

message 39: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Yes the flask carried the elixir in the HL series.

message 40: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments It's The Highlander Touch I think.

message 41: by Teryl (new)

Teryl It was Circenn's book...Adam put the liquid into Circenn's wine to make immortal because Adam couldn't bear the pain of losing his son.

message 42: by Regina (last edited Jan 14, 2011 07:25AM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) It was both in Circenn's and adam's. Highlander's Touch and Immortal Highlander. Adam had it both.

message 43: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments Yeah that is it he is Adam's son. But didn't he give it up by the end of Immortal Highlander. So he doesn't have it any more.

message 44: by Amanda (new)

Amanda  (peanutty222) I never read the last few Highlander books. I suppose I should get going with that...I own them, there just chillin on my book shelf.

message 45: by Regina (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Read 3 thru 8. Skip the first two.

message 46: by Lisa (last edited Jan 14, 2011 07:55AM) (new)

Lisa (Voxon) | 56 comments Okay, where is chapter 3 everyone keeps talking about? I couldn't find it anywhere on the web.

Chapter 1 is pretty epic. I loved how she finally poured her heart out. Barrons is not dead. If he is I wont be reading another book by KMM again. I just hope she doesn't keep Barrons out of most the book.

message 47: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments The deleted chapter 3 so I don't think you can find it anywhere. Sorry.

I think Barrons is going to come back, but my worry is of him not being in most of the book. If he doesn't come back until the end I'm going to be so mad. I really need my Barrons fix after this long wait.

True Love Forever (TrueLoveForever) | 329 comments the flask turns someone immortal. the queen can allow this or not. I think she has it. I think she wanted to turn Adam Black Black into a fae with it. I thought it was mentioned in the series at least once. Didn't the queen deny the king the flask to make the concubine immortal and that is why he spent all of those years trying to figure out the song of making to do it himself?

message 49: by Kasey (new)

Kasey | 30 comments Well the queen only gets to control it if she has it. She wouldn't help turn the kings concubine in any way that is why he started trying to write the song of making and all that. She did offer to allow Adam to be fae again, but he chose love and all that. But she didn't actually allow Adam to use it when he had in the past he did it on his own. And I don't think it was the flask itself mentioned in Fever. But V'lane does make a comment about he has a better understanding about why Adam chose to be human for a woman. Something along those lines. So it does show a link to his story and the flask could play a part it just hasn't been mentioned in the fever series yet.

I'm just going off of my rough memory here and it has been a while since I've read these books so anyone who remembers more clearly feel free to correct my mistakes.

message 50: by Regina (last edited Jan 14, 2011 08:41AM) (new)

Regina (ReginaR) Did you mean Adam Black back? Once a fae is turned into a human, the Queen told Adam it can never be reversed. So she wouldn't have been able to do that.

Adam stole the flask from the court, the Queen didn't know he has it in Touch. He slipped the elixir into Circenn's drink without his knowledge. Also, Adam tried to give it to Circenn's mom (Morganna) but she refused b/c she knew the true cost (loss of a soul). At the end of Touch both Circenn and Adam have convinced Lisa to drink of the flask. Adam is never honest with them about the cost of the elixir (and honestly, the cost of the elixir is not brought up in Touch, maybe KMM hadn't yet thought of it). Then in Immortal Highlander, Adam plans to force Gabby to drink from the flask, but he changes his mind and is honest about the cost -- she refuses as her soul is too important to her. Then Adam asks the Queen to make him human, the Queen says it can never be undone if she does this (like with Darroc who is turned human in this book) and then the Queen also tells Adam even if she turns him mortal, Adam won't have a soul. Adam will die and never be with Gabby in the afterlife. However, in the epilogue it becomes clear that Adam and Gabby's daughter is a sidhe-seer just like Gabby (the mother/Adam's wife) and the daugther tells Adam and Gabby that the queen visits at night and that the Queen has seen the glow of Adam's soul (not the words used by the child, but it is clear what that means), so somehow Adam has grown a soul (presumably through love).

The Highlander's Touch (Highlander, #3) by Karen Marie Moning The Immortal Highlander (Highlander, #6) by Karen Marie Moning

« previous 1 3 4

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

The Immortal Highlander (other topics)
The Highlander's Touch (other topics)
Into the Dreaming (other topics)
Tapestry (other topics)