~2014 Reading Challenge~ discussion

2011 Challenge Tracking > Challenged Darla

Comments (showing 1-31 of 31) (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Darla (last edited Dec 18, 2011 08:36PM) (new)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments My challenge is 28 books. I know that it is much less than you others, but I take too long to do everything, compared to most people.

message 2: by Darla (last edited Jan 22, 2011 02:58PM) (new)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Currently reading Kate Elliott's King's Dragon and Stephen E. Ambrose's Crazy Horse and Custer: The Parallel Lives of Two American Warriors.

22JAN11-- Forgot to include George Bush's Decision Points. Not so sure that I will read all of it before the end of the year, though.

Missy (Soogie) | 200 comments Mod
Too funny Darla!

message 4: by Darla (last edited Feb 15, 2011 07:40PM) (new)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Completed Books:

Kate Elliott's King's Dragon
Kate Elliott's Prince of Dogs
Kate Elliott's The Burning Stone
Kate Elliott's Child of Flame
Kate Elliott's The Gathering Storm

Sheila (SheilaJ) Darla is it difficult for you to read 2 books at the same time?

message 6: by Darla (last edited Nov 09, 2011 04:56PM) (new)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Sheila, it depends on the books but I usually only have one that I am very involved in and another, usually non-fiction, that I keep in the car for places such as doctor's offices.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Kate Elliott's In the Ruins

message 8: by Darla (last edited Feb 26, 2011 07:10PM) (new)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Kate Elliott's Crown of Stars

At last this series is complete! If you like long (5173 pages within 7 books), epic fantasy this is for you! The author is very verbose with excellent character development and an intricate plotline. She builds a believable world that is very concerned with religion and empathy. I enjoyed this series but it was too intense for too long. (I tended to shirk some of my household duties because I could not put it down!)

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Jane Austen's Emma

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand

After a book of this magnitude, I need some time to ponder on it before writing a review. I will answer any questions, gladly! I suspect that I will have my review posted within the week! Excellent book, though, not for light reading.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments UPDATE! If anybody cares, I finally wrote a review on Atlas Shrugged.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Gay Lord Robert by Jean Plaidy

If any of you adore historical fiction of England's royalty, I highly recommend Jean Plaidy novels. She has written scores of them! I have only read three so far, but I will continue to read them as they are found. She is devoted to providing her researched facts, but adds her touch to make them enjoyable and easily readable. Again, my review can be found in my profile.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Little Women by Louisa May Alcott

Read this over 30 years ago and liked it. Read it this time for a book club and found it tedious.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments One Amazing Thing by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni

This is a very short book for me, 220 pages, but excellent! I recommend it for anybody!

message 24: by Darla (last edited Nov 10, 2011 12:49PM) (new)

way to squeeze one in! I finished Hunger Games today.

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments Way to go Missy!!! I actually read this Thursday but forgot to add it. How are you guys doing?? I hope that you had a terrific Christmas!

we had a good Christmas. Very thankful for Robert being a part of it! Changed the way we look at everything now. Hope yours was good too!

Darla (ruminatingbulls) | 121 comments I am glad for Rob and you, too. I still can't get over the news, myself. Just so shocking!

Our Christmas was fantastic, thanks. We had my mother-in-law (from TX) with us.