Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Violie's books 2011

Comments (showing 1-12)    post a comment »
dateUp_arrow    newest »

message 12: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments 5. Mr. Commitment by Mike Gayle by Mike Gayle

I really liked this one. Not because it was that extraordinary, but because the characters reminded me so much of me and my boyfriend... At times this made the book kind of freaky. It was like the author was inside my head most of the time!

message 11: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments 4. Did the Earth Move? by Carmen Reid by Carmen Reid

I LOVED this book! :) I could recommend it to everyone who enjoys a light romantic read from time to time.

message 10: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments 3. Burnt Toast  And Other Philosophies of Life by Teri Hatcher by Teri Hatcher

I can't believe how much alike me and Teri Hatcher are!... At times, while reading the book, it almost felt as if I had written it. She's like a 40+ year old version of me :)

message 9: by Violie (last edited Feb 02, 2011 02:00PM) (new)

Violie | 16 comments Thank you, I'll make sure to check that one out too! :)

message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (SheilaGlenn) | 319 comments Cynthia wrote: "Violie wrote: "1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

I got this book as a Christmas gift and I'd wanted to read it for a looong time. It ended up completely differen..."

Cynthia wrote: "Violie wrote: "1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

I got this book as a Christmas gift and I'd wanted to read it for a looong time. It ended up completely differen..."

I saw The Boy in the Striped Pajamas movie and since then I put the book on my to read list. Very powerful!

message 7: by Sheila (last edited Jan 24, 2011 06:40PM) (new)

Sheila (SheilaGlenn) | 319 comments Cynthia wrote: "Violie wrote: "1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

Cynthia wrote: "Violie wrote: "1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

message 6: by CynthiaA (new)

CynthiaA (Bookthia) Violie wrote: "1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

I got this book as a Christmas gift and I'd wanted to read it for a looong time. It ended up completely different from what I'd e..."

If you liked this one, can I suggest "The Boy in the Striped Pygamas". An excellent YA book set in WWII.

message 5: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments 2. Dejame Que Te Cuente by Jorge Bucay by Jorge Bucay

A friend of mine has almost all of Jorge's books that are out there and she got me into them. This is the second one she gives me. I like how light they are and how most of the time I can really relate to the stories in there.

message 4: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments 1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak by Markus Zusak

I got this book as a Christmas gift and I'd wanted to read it for a looong time. It ended up completely different from what I'd expected but great, nonetheless. I'm quite interested in the chronicles of World War II, so I found the book not only interesting, but also quite educational.

message 3: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments Thank you, Sheila! :) I really appreciate that you took the time to leave a comment. Best of luck with your personal goal as well.

message 2: by Sheila (new)

Sheila (SheilaGlenn) | 319 comments I applaud you!! Best of luck. It is much better to set a realistic goal (for yourself) and reach it --then set an unrealistic goal for yourself and feel like a failure. This should be a personal challenge and not a competition. We all have lives outside of this wonderful website. This is still the right group for you..

message 1: by Violie (new)

Violie | 16 comments I was such a lousy reader last year, so I'm going to challenge myself to read more in 2011.

I am definitely not going to finish 50 books in just 12 months - after all I only read 8 books in 2010. But I'm starting this topic with the determination to make them at least 15 this year! :D