Best Books discussion

Welcome To Best Books! > Introductions

Comments (showing 1-50 of 66) (66 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Jay (last edited Jan 05, 2011 09:44PM) (new)

Jay (mclovin_13) | 11 comments JUST SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF.
ANYTHING INTERESTING
JUST INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
WE DONT KNOW YOU
HI IM JESSI
AND IM 13 YEARS OLD

message 2: by Jaren (new)

Jaren Hello I'm Jasmine and I just turned 14, my favourite colour is purple and I'm a competive dancer and avid reader/writer.

Thanks for inviting me :)

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (Lisathisissilly) | 4 comments I'm Lisa and I'm 28- nearly 29 (gosh i feel old now, lol!).

I love cats, am ambivalent about dogs and LOVE spongebob squarepants. I dislike book snobs, food snobs or any kind of snobbery.

I love reading even more than spongebob (sshh, don't tell him!), and I blog about the books I have read at www.beyond-twilight.co.uk

message 4: by Jay (new)

Jay (mclovin_13) | 11 comments WELCOME ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 5: by Gabe (new)

Gabe  (gabePesqueira) | 1 comments hi. My name is Gabe. Im 17 and I LOVE to read! I have 3 walls in my room that are book shelves from celing to floor. So I gues you can say im a bit book obsessed:)

message 6: by Ashley (new)

Ashley (ashleymabus) | 4 comments Hello, my name is Ashley I'm 23, but my birthday is next weekend. I love read, I have one full bookshelf full and 2 half full. I love music as well and my favorite drink is Mountain Dew Code Red.

message 7: by Catherine (new)

Catherine (cattymccat) Hi all! I'm Cat, I'm 30 years old & live in Sallisaw, Oklahoma. I grew up in Fort Smith, Arkansas (actually, right up until last August) which is only about 30 minutes from here at the most. I was married to my best friend, Richard for four years (together for six, friends for sixteen) & he passed away on November 13th. We have a four year old son named Elijah Scott who means EVERY THING to me. I love to read, my favorite is YA Paranormal/Supernatural. I love writing, video games, music, etc. If you have any more questions, just let me know. XD

message 8: by Jade (last edited Jan 07, 2011 09:18PM) (new)

Jade | 41 comments Hi! I am 15 years old and going to be 16 in a few days which is exciting! I love to read, and young adult is by far my favorite genre, but sometimes I will read adult books. I hope you guys all like this book club. It may be kind of dull at first since I just started it, but I do hope you end up liking it! I always look for suggestions of any kind! Thanks!

-Jade

message 9: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments Hi, I'm Dylan, I'm 18 years old and I'm weird. No seriously, anyone that knows my videos will say the same thing. Okay, getting serious now. I love reading, mostly YA, but I also love adult horror, fantasy, and sci-fi novels. I'm also an otaku, meaning I'm obsessed with anime and manga. Currently I'm reading Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles and am LOVING it!!! xD
I also love to write and hope to be published someday. :)

ImagineSilentWriter (imaginativesilentwriter) Hi there! My name is Brittany and I am 16 years old. I love to read and write. I want to write for my profession.

message 11: by Charles (new)

Charles (crazyC) Hi everyone, I'm 22 years old and I enjoy reading anything that I can get my hands on. Seriously I just wish I could find more time to read. Anybody who check out my book selves will find that I love fantasies and Arthurian legends books.

message 12: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments I wish I had more time to read too, lord knows I need it with all the books I own! xD

message 13: by Jodi (new)

Jodi Johnson | 2 comments Hi! Im Jodi, 23 years old and love to read. I am working on my Masters degree and have a major problem of buying more books than i ever will get around to reading. Looking forward to getting to know everyone in this group!

message 14: by Jenna (last edited Jan 13, 2011 11:38PM) (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Dylan wrote: "I wish I had more time to read too, lord knows I need it with all the books I own! xD"

I think that goes for most of the people on here. ^_^

Hello! I should have done this introduction ages ago, but oh well. I'm Jenna, 18, and I love to read, obviously. I have an obsession with Harry Potter, and I'm going to college to study writing and literature, because I want to become an author, and studying literature is just fun anyways.

message 15: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments @Jenna Yay for loving Harry Potter and writing! ^^

message 16: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Dylan wrote: "@Jenna Yay for loving Harry Potter and writing! ^^"

Haha, hooray! Totally agree.

I'd definitely read your work if you got published too. That'd be really awesome. ^_^

message 17: by Dylan (new)

Dylan (dmfriend26) | 9 comments Aww, thanks! That makes me feel happy! ^^

message 18: by Arianne (new)

Arianne (arizanne87) Hi everybody! My name is Arianne. I'm 19 years old nearly 20 and I come from Montréal (Canada). This is the reason why my english is not perfect (French is my first language). I love to read books and I'm very happy to be part of this group :)

message 19: by Megan (new)

Megan (itsMEGAN) | 3 comments My name is Megan(: I'm 16. And I love reading. Hahaha.

message 20: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea | 6 comments hi everyone! my name is Chelsea I am 18 and you could say that I like to read :) among other things.

message 21: by Roma (new)

Roma | 3 comments Hi! My name is Roma, i'm 17 and I love reading, mostly YA but also manga and some adult novels.

message 22: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Arianne wrote: "Hi everybody! My name is Arianne. I'm 19 years old nearly 20 and I come from Montréal (Canada). This is the reason why my english is not perfect (French is my first language). I love to read books ..."

Seriously late welcome, but nonetheless: welcome! Your English is actually really good. I can't even tell it's not your first language.

message 23: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Roma wrote: "Hi! My name is Roma, i'm 17 and I love reading, mostly YA but also manga and some adult novels."

I love your name, it's really beautiful. I love young-adult novels as well, and welcome.

Also, welcome Chelsea and Megan!

message 24: by kimyunalesca (new)

kimyunalesca Hello everyone! My name is Kim, 20 years old, I love the reading and the smell of books :D

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) *waves*

Hello everyone!

I am Cate, 22 from Pasadena, CA. I love historical fiction, military history, and general fiction. Easy on the YA though.

I have a fledgling book blog: http://readinggoodbooks.wordpress.com where I review, mostly the books that I got from First Reads.

I come armed with a B&N nook but I still love me some physical tomes. =D

message 26: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Kim wrote: "Hello everyone! My name is Kim, 20 years old, I love the reading and the smell of books :D"

Hello, Kim! I love the smell of books too lol. Doesn't everyone? :P

message 27: by Jenna (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Cate wrote: "*waves*

Hello everyone!

I am Cate, 22 from Pasadena, CA. I love historical fiction, military history, and general fiction. Easy on the YA though.

I have a fledgling book blog: http://reading..."

Hi, Cate!

Ooh, a book blog, awesome. Definitely will check that out.

Cate (The Professional Fangirl) (chaostheory08) ^ Thank you, Jenna! :)

message 29: by Yasemin (new)

Yasemin | 1 comments Hi,
My name is Yasemin!
Im now a incoming sophomore at University of California, Los Angeles! And I truly enjoy reading books, but then SHARING them as well =)

message 30: by Jenna (last edited Jul 06, 2011 08:15PM) (new)

Jenna Watts (JennaKnows) | 44 comments Yasemin wrote: "Hi,
My name is Yasemin!
Im now a incoming sophomore at University of California, Los Angeles! And I truly enjoy reading books, but then SHARING them as well =)"

Hi, Yasemin!

I'm going to be a sophomore at my college as well. Awesome. I love sharing books too. Welcome to the club :)

message 31: by Chelley (new)

Chelley | 2 comments Hi,
My name is Chelley, I am 27 and from NB Canada. I love to try new and different types of books, but I have to say that I have a soft spot for old westerns... Looking forward to some new and interesting reads : )

message 32: by Lucia (last edited Aug 02, 2011 01:36AM) (new)

Lucia Belakova (Luci_Belakova) | 1 comments Hello,
My name is Lucia and I am from Bratislava, Slovakia. My biggest passion is pretty obvious, since I am on Goodreads, and that's books. My favorite genre is Young Adult literature, Sci-fi and Fantasy. If I were to choose three things to take with me on a lonely island, it would be rope, knife and a ultimate survivor guy/book. I have one little and pretty obnoxious brother. I torture him everyday, although I always say I am making him a tougher person. *smirking*
Oh, and books about sparkly vampires bore me to tears, if you want to know. I am more of a badass-ass-kicking-vampires kind of a girl.
Also, if you are interested, my favorite book is The Hunger Games, its almost like an obssession.

message 33: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Hello,
My name is Faith Smith. I am from GA i am a quadrewplette wich means, I am one of 4 kids all bron at the same time. I am 13 truning 14 in 5 weeks! :)
I am also in LOVE with the Hunger Games series

message 34: by Simba (new)

Simba My name is Alexandria, but a lot of my friends call me Simba. I love to read, cook, workout, do my nails, etc. I'm a health nut and I love working out/eating right/reading books about those two topics. I'm a sophmore at Syracuse University, with a double major in anthropology and English Textual Studies, and (hopefully) a minor in history. I love reading historical fiction, series, and murder mysteries.

message 35: by Charles (last edited Aug 01, 2011 09:00PM) (new)

Charles | 2 comments Hi, I'm Charles. I'm an avid reader and competitive swimmer. I joined here to find some good books to read and have some good discussions about those books.

message 36: by David (new)

David Trim Hello all,
My name is David. I have recently started reading a lot. I have picked up and read 16 books this year. I typically read on my nook color because it is easy to travel with. Other than that if you want to know something feel free to ask.

message 37: by Andrew (new)

Andrew (DiscoDreamdate) | 1 comments I'm Andrew. Got a Kindle a few months ago and trying to read a lot more. Just saying, "HI!" to everyone. :o)

message 38: by Faith Noelle (new)

Faith Noelle Smith Guys i am sorry I have 20+ group yeah, I know what your saying:What the heack! And I am not vrey active in so I am going to leave. I am sorry.

message 39: by Gretchen (last edited Aug 18, 2011 07:18PM) (new)

Gretchen (ReadingIsAnArt) | 1 comments Hey, I'm Gretchen and as you may have guessed, I'm just a little book obsessed... Okay! I'm really book obsessed! I love reading and my friends call me boring because of it. Sometimes I feel like a nerd because like no kids read anymore, but I think reading opens your mind to new possibilities! I'm really excited about joining this book club!

message 40: by Mia (new)

Mia (beadingmia) Hi, I'm Mia. I love fiction and look forward to participating in this group and reading lots of books.

message 41: by Natasa (new)

Natasa (natasalikes) | 1 comments Hi everyone, I'm Natasa and I love reading epic fantasy & YA books. I also make book covers so if you're an aspiring writer and want a cover check out my works on my profile xD

My favorite books (today) is Cat's Eye by Theresa Shreffler and Blood Red Road by Moira Young.

message 42: by Deborah (new)

Deborah hi, my names Deborah i'm 13 and i love to read ALL the time. :)

message 43: by Hannah (new)

Hannah (hannahbe) | 1 comments Hi, my name's Hannah,I'm 14 but turning 15 in a couple days. I love to read, and Fire by Kristen Cashore is my favorite book.

message 44: by Richard (new)

Richard Blunt Hi Guys, I am Rick, and most likely amongst the oldest here with my 34... And still I love Harry Potter, as well as Lord of the Rings. That's why my own story is a tiny bit like those two. (And a few more.)

message 45: by Deb (new)

Deb Baker (dbaker516) | 1 comments Hi, my name is Deb. Got you beat age wise Rick. I read constantly.

message 46: by [deleted user] (new)

Jessi wrote: "JUST SAY ANYTHING ABOUT YOURSELF.
ANYTHING INTERESTING
JUST INTRODUCE YOURSELF.
WE DONT KNOW YOU
HI IM JESSI
AND IM 13 YEARS OLD"

Hi guys,

Just wanted to let you know about this giveaway. Just follow the link: http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/sho...

Also, there are excerpts and more info on my site: www.seanjquirk.weebly.com

Thanks guys!
description

message 47: by Jyoti (new)

Jyoti Arora (jyotiarora) | 3 comments Hi, everyone,

I'm Jyoti Arora from India. I have adored books since early childhood. I actually started reading before I started going to school :)
I've been working as a freelance writer since 2007. As my writing projects, I've abridged about 30 English Classics. Recently, I've also earned myself the title of being called an author of a general fiction book!

message 48: by Katie (new)

Katie (Emkaybee) Hello,

I'm Mary Kathryn, 21-years-old, and I am currently living in Oregon, USA. I refused to learn to read until I was entered into a special class in the third grade (and then I learned it rather fast, I was just being stubborn). Ever since then I have been reading as much as I can get away with.

Currently I am reading the following:

The Instructions by Adam Levin
House of Leaves by Mark Z. Danielewski
Words in Context: A Japanese Perspective on Language and Culture by Takao Suzuki
Tigana by Guy Gavriel Kay (November Fantasy Book Club Read)
Quicksilver by Neal Stephenson
Bulfinch's Mythology by Thomas Bulfinch

Ebony(poppyyukia) (poppyY) | 7 comments Hi everyone! My name Is Ebony and I love reading, of course! I am going to school to become a teacher. I don't know what else to say. HELLO EVERYONE!

message 50: by Kme_17 (new)

Kme_17 | 2 comments Hi!! My name is Kim and I love reading. I am from Alabama. Looking forward to getting to know everyone.

« previous 1

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Words in Context: A Japanese Perspective on Language and Culture (other topics)
The Instructions (other topics)
House of Leaves (other topics)
Bulfinch's Mythology (other topics)
Quicksilver (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Thomas Bulfinch (other topics)
Adam Levin (other topics)
Neal Stephenson (other topics)
Takao Suzuki (other topics)
Guy Gavriel Kay (other topics)
More...