Comments (showing 51-75 of 75) (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 2 next »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 51: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 48. Possession by Elana Johnson
Date Finished: Aug. 20th 2011
4/5*
405 pages

Another dystopia book. This was really good and I am looking forward to the next one!

message 52: by Lexi (last edited Aug 29, 2011 03:58PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 49. From Bad to Cursed by Katie Alender
Date Finished: Aug. 27th 2011
5/5*
442 pages

Sequel to Bad Girl Dont Die. This book was even better than the first one! I was worried that the plots would be to similar but I was pleasantly surprised. Now I just have to wait for the next book.

message 53: by Lexi (last edited Aug 29, 2011 04:08PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 50. Now You See Her by James Patterson
Date finished: Aug 29th 2011
4/5*
383 pages

Another wonderful James Patterson book.

50 done... now hopefully another 40 before December... I don't no if I'm going to make it (With senior year, college apps and more) but I'm sure going to try!)

message 54: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 51. Bloodlines by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: Sept 16th 2011
5/5*
421 pages

I have been waiting for this book since December! Richelle Mead is an AMAZING author and I have absolutely loved every book of hers that I have read so far and I cant wait to read more!

message 55: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 52. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson
Date Finished: Sept. 25th 2011
3.5/5* (because of slow start)
563 pages

So I finally finished this book! I started it at the beginning of the month and was only half way through it yesterday (When it was due at the library) so I put down everything else I was doing (including homework) and read. luckily it was just starting to pick up the pace and started to get really interesting so I had no problem reading the last 260 pages in less than 24 hours. Good ending to a good series.

message 56: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 53. Ingenue by Jillian Larkin
Date Finished: Oct. 2nd 2011
4/5*
351 pages

Good book, took me a few chapters to remember what had happened in the last one (but that's not the books fault, it's mine). I love reading about this time period, Prohibition in the 1920s, the Flappers and the speakeasies, the scandalous women who did what they wanted.

message 57: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 54. Forever by Maggie Stiefvater
Date Finished: Oct. 6th 2011
4/5*
390 pages

This was a great ending to the series. I loved the first book, liked the second, and really enjoyed this one. I just wish it would have given a little more about what happened to the characters after (Though I always say that after finishing a good series).

message 58: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 55. Hourglass by Myra McEntire
Date Finished: Oct. 8th 2011
5/5*
397 pages

I don't give books 5 stars often, but I really couldn't think of a reason it should be less than 5 (and I was really looking for one). I almost didn't even read this book, but I am really glad I did.

message 59: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 56. Fateful by Claudia Gray
Date Finished: Oct. 15th 2011
5/5*
328 pages

Second 5 start book in a row... I absolutely love anything by Claudia Grey, which was my first reason for reading this book. Than I read about it and found out it takes place on the Titanic (and anything Titanic has always interested me). I loved how true she was to the story of the ship yet added werewolves to it.

message 60: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 57. Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs
Date Finished: Oct. 20th 2011
3/5*
Not to sure how to measure pages: there were 348 pages, but 69 of those pages were of pictures (Which really bothered me...) so 279 or 348 pages?

It has in interesting story, but didn't like the main characters a lot and all the picture pages really irritated me...

message 61: by Lexi (last edited Oct 25, 2011 07:09PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 58. Succubus Revealed by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: Oct 23rd 2011
5/5* (lots of these this year...)
277 pages

WOW! I cant believe it is over! I read the first book in this amazing series in January and now just finished the 6th and last book. This was a perfect ending to the series and I am so glad that I read them! I love all the characters and its going to be so sad not to read about them anymore... But I guess I am just going to have to read Richelle Mead's other books now ; )

message 62: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 59. These Things Hidden by Heather Gudenkauf
Date Finished: Oct 24th 2011
4.5/5*
337 pages

Another great book. Didn't know if I was going to like this, but I really did. I read about the last half in one afternoon.
Now I wonder how many more great books I will find this year...

message 63: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 60. Anna Dressed in Blood by Kendare Blake
Date Finished: Nov. 1st 2011
4/5*
316 pages

I liked this story, it had a nice twist, a guy going around killing ghosts...

message 64: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 61. As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott
Date Finished: Nov. 5th 2011
4/5*
269 pages

I like how there were multiple universes/ existences for each person. How at the end you wondered if it was all just a dream or did it all really happen?

message 65: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 62. Twisted by Sara Shepard
Date Finished: Nov. 9th 2011
3.5/5*
307 pages

I'm a little bored with this series and I thought the previous one was the final book, but than I heard about this one and thought it was just a book epilogue type thing, just to find out that there are going to be even more... But I feel like I NEED to finish them because I have read so many and need to know how it all ends (If it ever does end that is)

message 66: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 63. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
Date Finished: Nov. 19th 2011
4/5*
755 pages
4th Time

Had to reread before seeing the new movie. My favorite out of all the Twilight books.

message 67: by Nance (new)

Nance (Nabpurple12) | 279 comments Lexi wrote: "63. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
4/5*
755 pages
4th Time

Had to reread before seeing the new movie. My favorite out of all the Twilight books."

You won't be disappointed with the movie if you enjoyed reading the book. I saw the movie Friday, and it is pretty true to the novel...my kids enjoyed it also:)

message 68: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments Nance wrote: "Lexi wrote: "63. Breaking Dawn by Stephenie Meyer
4/5*
755 pages
4th Time

Had to reread before seeing the new movie. My favorite out of all the..."

I really enjoyed the movie, definitely the best one so far. The only part I didn't like was the part with the wolves and the voice overs, it was to hard to fallow and my friend and I couldn't stop laughing during it. But the rest of it was good. : )

message 69: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 64. One Day by David Nicholls
Date Finished: 11/23/11
4.5/5*
437 pages

I really enjoyed this book. I saw the previews for the movie and decided to read the book first. Cant wait for the DVD to come out. I was really expecting a good happy ending with with book, I'm usually good at predicting endings...

message 70: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 65. Circle of Fire by Michelle Zink
Date Finished: Dec. 1st 2011
4.5/5*
359 pages

Perfect ending to a great series. I really love how the books were true to the time period and that there was no 'love at first sight' type thing and the characters took 2 books to fall in love. I get so tired of reading books where the day after she meets the guy she is like Oh Edward, I cant live without you!

message 71: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 66. A Stolen Life by Jaycee Dugard
Finished Reading: Dec. 9th 2011
5/5*
268 pages

Jaycee Dugard's memoir makes you realize just how lucky you really are. This book tells about how she was kidnapped when she was 11 and held for 18 years during which time she was raped and gave birth to two daughters. This is a book that everyone should read. My sister was kidnapped when she was two by her biological father and my mom didnt get her back until she was almost 9. This all happened years before I was born but I grew up knowing about it. This book can help so many families who have had things happen to them

message 72: by Lexi (last edited Dec 19, 2011 05:11PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 67. Firespell by Chloe Neill
Date Finished: Dec. 17th 2011
4/5*
239 pages
2nd time reading

I have already read this book this year (February) and I wasn't planning on rereading it, I was just skimming a little to remind me what happened before I read the sequel, but I realized how much I liked it and read the whole thing again anyway...

message 73: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 68. Hexbound by Chloe Neill
Date Finished: Dec. 19th 2011
4/5*
220 pages

*Sequel to Firespell*
This series is really growing on me. I love the humor in these books. Just the way the characters act reminds me a lot of how I act when I am with a group of friends I know really well. A lot of times when I read a book about teens they just don't seem real, but here they do, even if they have magical powers.

message 74: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 69. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky
Date Finished: Dec. 25th 2011
4/5*

This book was alot better than I expected it to be when I first picked it up. I wanted to read it before the movie comes out and the only reason I wanted to see the movie was because Emma Watson is going to be in it. But after reading to book I feel like I can relate to Charlie in a way. When his teacher tells him to stop watching and to start participating in life that exactly what I have been trying to do lately. To put down the books for a few hours and just go out with friends or even by myself.

message 75: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 70. Storm Born by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: Dec. 31st 2011
4/5*
361 pages

Another great book by Richelle Mead. Cant wait to read the rest of the series.

« previous 1 2 next »