Challenge: 50 Books discussion

Finish Line 2011 > Lexi's 2011 Book list

Comments (showing 1-50 of 75) (75 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments So in 2009 I got to 100, 2010 I got 80, So this year my goal is 90 books.

message 3: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 2. Linger by Maggie Stiefvater

message 4: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 3. The Lying Game by Sara Shepard

message 5: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 4. Succubus Blues by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: Jan 29th 2011
4.5/5*s

I already love Richelle Mead's YA Series Vampire Academy, and finally picked up Succubus Blues, the first book in her Urban Fantasy series and loved it.

message 6: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 5. Nevermore by Kelly Creagh
Date Finished: Feb. 5th 2011
4/5*s
543 pages...

Most books I can guess whats going to happen in the end by the time I am 1/4 through the book and be close, but with this book I was 400 pages into it and was still wondering what was going on... it was a nice change.

message 7: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 6. Night Star by Alyson Noel
Date Finished: Feb. 8th 2011
2/5*s
302 pages

I liked this book a little more than the 4th one. The characters in these books annoy the hell out of me, so much so I just want to give up on the series. The only reason I read this book is because I hate giving up on a series part way through. And I'm sorry to say it, but at this rate I don't know if I am going to bother reading the next one when it comes out.

message 8: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 7. Firespell by Chloe Neill
Date Finished: Feb. 9th 2011
4/5*s
246 pages

I have always loved books that take place in boarding schools, and this is no exception. I have wanted to go to a boarding school since I was in about 3rd grade... never happened.

message 9: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 8. The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
Date Finished: March 3rd 2011
3.5/5*s
465 pages

Wow I have had so much to do in school lately that it took me over 2 weeks to read this. It was a good book, but a little hard to get into.

message 10: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 9. Still Missing by Chevy Stevens
Date Finished: March 5th 2011
4.5/5*
340 pages

Really good book, read it in less than two days. I think everyone should read this book. It is told through 32 year old Annie O'Sullivan as she tells her psychiatrist about her abduction. It goes through details of her year she was held captive and into the months after.

message 11: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 10. Succubus on Top by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: March 6th 2011
4.5/5*
314 Pages

Great book, finished it in under a day. Richelle Mead is an amazing auther.

message 12: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 11. Revolution by Jennifer Donnelly
Date Finished: March 13th 2011
4.5/5*
472 pages

This was a great book. I read it in about a day.

message 13: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 12. Three Little Words by Ashley Rhodes-Courter
Date Finished: March 20th 2011
5/5*
304 pages

This is a book that I think everyone should read sometime in their life. It is a memoir of the author's life in the foster care system. It shows how horrible the foster system can be.

message 14: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 13. The Iron King by Julie Kagawa
Date Finished: March 29th 2011
3/5*
363 pages

Ok, so at first I was like this books sounds ok... than I got to the part where there were fairies with names from A Midsummer Night's Dream... Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against Shakespeare, but I think putting his characters into other stories is just way to over used. There was an ok plot line, but again, it is a very common plot line and therefore predictable. More than half of the book was really slow and I basically skimmed three chapters in the middle but it did pick up a bit towards the end. I might read the next book just to find out what happens, but I am in no hurry to run out and buy it.

message 15: by Kate (new)

Kate (KateKSH) | 520 comments I, too, thought Three Little Words should be manadatory for all!! Thinking about reading it again, even, and I don't do that very often!

message 16: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments Kate wrote: "I, too, thought Three Little Words should be manadatory for all!! Thinking about reading it again, even, and I don't do that very often!"

I heard about this book a few years ago and it has been on my to read list since, but I didn't think about it until we had an assignment for a class to read something to do with US History and my school librarian pointed it out. I am so glad that I have read it and have recommended it to so many people already.

message 17: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 14. Afterlife by Claudia Gray
Date Finished: April 2nd 2011
5/5*
360 pages

What a wonderful ending to a wonderful series. With almost all Vampire love storied the human well give up everything to be with the vampire, what I love about these books is that it is the complete opposite. The human will do anything but be turned into a vampire to be with the vampire. I am sad for the characters in the end but I know that it is the perfect ending to the series. I cannot wait to read what Claudia Gray's next books!

message 18: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 15. Vixen by Jillian Larkin
Date Finished: April 3rd 2011
4/5*
421 pages

I really enjoyed reading this book. I have always been interested in early 1900's America. One of the character's POV was really annoying to read, but the other 2 character's chapters where good. I cant wait for the next book to come out.

message 19: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 16. Bright Young Things by Anna Godbersen
Date Finished: April 10th 2011
4/5*
389 pages

My library Finally got this book in. I have been waiting to read this book for a while now, ever since i finished her Luxe series. The book was good and I am looking forward to the next book.

message 20: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 17. Demonglass by Rachel Hawkins
Date Finished: April 12th 2011
5/5*
359 pages

Another book I have been looking forward to for a while now. Not as good as the first book Hex Hall, but still a great book. Not I just have to wait probably another year for the next book...

message 21: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 18. Lost by Jacqueline Davies
Date Finished: April 15th 2011
4/5*
235 pages

Another book that takes place in the early 1900s America. This one is about a worker at the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory and is there the day it burns down. I love the way that Jacqueline Davies mixes the truth of what really happened during this time with a great character and good story line.

message 22: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 19. A Northern Light by Jennifer Donnelly
Date Finished: April 18th 2011
4/5*
380 pages

Good book, but I didnt like it as much as Revolution...

message 23: by Lexi (last edited Apr 23, 2011 05:33PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 20. Crescendo by Becca Fitzpatrick
Date Finished: April 23th 2011
3/4*
427 pages

It was ok...

message 24: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 21. Wildthorn by Jane Eagland
Date Finished: April 25th 2011
4/5*
350 pages

Good book. Takes place in England? in the late 1800s? About a girl who is sent to an asylum because she isn't lady-like enough and wants to become a doctor. The 'doctors' are abusive, but one of the assistants believes her and starts to help her. Good book, but parts were a bit confusing.

message 25: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 22. Beastly by Alex Flinn
Date Finished: April 29th 2011
4/5*
300 pages

Good, interesting retelling of Beauty and the Beast.

message 26: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 23. Succubus Dreams by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: May 2nd
4/5*
296 pages

message 27: by Lexi (last edited May 15, 2011 12:16PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 24. The Dark and Hollow Places by Carrie Ryan
Date Finished: May 8th
4/5*
377 pages

was confused at the beginning because it had been so long since I have read the other 2 books. It took me a while to figure out how the characters connected to the other books. Over all a very good book. I sort of wish that there would have been more about what happens to the characters at the end because of it being the last book in the trilogy.

message 28: by Lexi (last edited May 28, 2011 07:49PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 25. The Girl Who Played with Fire by Stieg Larsson
Date Finished: May 15th 2011
4/5*

Good book. I think that there is too much time explaining things that don't seem to have anything to do with the story that it takes away from the book and makes it less enjoyable to read at times. When the book switches POVs all the time it can also get really annoying and confusing. But it had a great story line and mystery so over all a good book.

message 29: by Lexi (last edited May 28, 2011 07:52PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 26. The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
Date Finished: May 28th 2011
4.5/5*
359 pages

Very good book. First book in a spin off series of one of my all time favorite series's The Darkest Powers Trilogy. I read this book in about a day (Despite how long it has been since I have finished a book due to so much homework) I can not wait for the next book to come out!

message 30: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 27. Bite Club by Rachel Caine
Date Finished: June 4th 2011
4.5/5*
337 pages

Very good book. One of my favorite series'.

28. The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
Date Finished: June 8th 2011
3/5*
305 pages

This was a required read for my Junior English class... I think this is only the third or fourth required book that I actually read the whole way through. It was a lot better than I thought it would be. I now finally have time for fun books... I am really looking forward to reading what I want to read for the next 2 months. : )

message 31: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 29. My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent
Date Finished: June 12th 2011
4/5*s
279 pages

My library FINALLY got this book in... I feel like I was waiting for it forever!
Week and a half left of school than I am free to read as much as I want! Cant wait for Finals to be over!

message 32: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 30. Matched by Ally Condie
Date Finished: June 19th 2011 3:30AM...
4.5/5*
366 pages

WOW! This book was sooo good! I started it Saturday morning and I just could not go to sleep until I finished it. So I stayed up till 3:30 reading. That's how I can tell if a book it good or not. : ) I love the story line and the characters are really strong. I can not wait to read the next book.

message 33: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 31. Bumped by Megan McCafferty
Date Finished: June 28th 2011
4.5/5*

32. Wicked Girls: A Novel of the Salem Witch Trials by Stephanie Hemphill
Date Finished: June 29th 2011
3/5*

33. Vacations from Hell by Libba Bray, Cassandra Clare, Claudia Gray, Maureen Johnson, Sarah Mlynowski
Date Finished: June 30th 2011
4/5* (For all 5 short stories)

message 34: by Lexi (last edited Jul 14, 2011 10:59AM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 34. Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas by James Patterson
Date Finished: July 6th 2011
4/5*
266 Pages

Very good book, but also very sad. My mom had been trying to get me to read this book for a while now and I am glad that I finally read it.

message 35: by Lexi (last edited Jul 14, 2011 11:44AM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 35. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
Date Finished: July 13th
5/5*
759 pages
5th Time reading

I decided to reread Harry Potter 7 before I go and see the midnight showing of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows part 2. I love this book, I will never get tired of it.

message 36: by Lindsey (new)

Lindsey | 315 comments Lexi wrote: "35. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
5/5*
759 pages
5th Time reading

I decided to reread Harry Potter 7 before I..."

Just because I'm curious and I really loved the last book too---what did you think of the movie? My friends are all raving about how much they loved the movie but I'm not as convinced.

message 37: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments Lindsey wrote: "Lexi wrote: "35. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
5/5*
759 pages
5th Time reading

I decided to reread Harry Potter 7 b..."

Both parts were good. They both fallowed the book well, but part 1 did leave out a few things. I think that Part 2 stayed true to the book more so than any of the others. Of course there were a few things that had to change a little, but I was truly surprised with how well they did. I think that the books are way better than the movies, but the last movie, I think, was the best of all of them.

message 38: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 36. The Help by Kathryn Stockett
Date Finished: July 17th 2011
4/5*
451 pages

message 39: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 37. Abandon by Meg Cabot
Date Finished: July 21st 2011
4/5*
304 pages

This is the first book I have read by Meg Cabot. It was a good book and I am looking forward to read the next book in the trilogy and other books by her.

message 40: by Nance (new)

Nance (Nabpurple12) | 279 comments Lexi wrote: "Lindsey wrote: "Lexi wrote: "35. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
5/5*
759 pages
5th Time reading

I decided to r..."

I also just read the last book again, and saw the movie last week. It was really good...my kids loved it and want to see it again. I agree, the movie stayed pretty much on target with most everything, hardly anything was changed at all. The fight scenes were incredible while we were watching it in the Real 3D mode:) If you're a Harry Potter fan, don't miss this movie!

message 41: by Lexi (last edited Jul 27, 2011 02:29PM) (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 38. Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys
Date Finished: July 24th 2011
5/5*
344 pages

This book was so good, I would recommend it to anyone. I had never really heard much about what when on in Lithuania during and after world war II, and this book was a perfect mixture of history with a great story. It is so sad what so many people had to go through that the last part of the book I couldn't go more than a few pages without my eyes blurring with tears to where I couldn't read.

message 42: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 39. Succubus Heat by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: July 26th 2011
4.5/5*
512 pages

This is the best of this series that I have read so far. I cant wait to read the next one.

message 43: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 40. Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier
Date Finished: July 30th 2011
4.5/5*
324 pages

This books has great characters and a great story line. I am exited for the next book to come out.

message 44: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 41. The Magnolia League by Katie Crouch
Date Finished: July 31st 2011
2.5/5*
348 pages

This books has a really predictable story line and the characters are just annoying. I dont think I am going to read the next book in the series

message 45: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 42. Die for Me by Amy Plum
Date Finished: Aug. 3rd 2011
4/5*
341 pages

Good book, looking forward to the next book.

message 46: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 43. Witch and Wizard by James Patterson
Date Finished: Aug. 5th 2011
4/5*
314 pages

My mom read this book about a year ago and has been telling me to read it. I have wanted to read it but I always have library books so I dont read books I own. I'm glad I finally got around to reading this. : ) Now for the next book!

message 47: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 44. The Gift by James Patterson
Date Finished: Aug. 7th 2011
4/5*
320 pages

Witch and Wizard #2. The first book was better but I still liked this one. Now I just have to wait for the next one to come out

message 48: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 45. Immortal by P.C. Cast
Date Finished: Aug. 12th 2011
4.5/5*
264 pages (8 short stories)

Most of the short stories were a lot better than I expected them to be. I really liked Rachel Vincent's 'Binge', Richelle Mead's 'Blue Moon' and Claudia Gray's 'Free'.

message 49: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 46. Succubus Shadows by Richelle Mead
Date Finished: Aug. 13th 2011
4.5/5*
281 pages

Ok these books just keep getting better and better. I could not put this one down and didn't want it to be over. I cant wait until the next (And last) book comes out at the end of the month!

message 50: by Lexi (new)

Lexi | 345 comments 47. Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
Date Finished: Aug. 14th 2011
4/5*
346 pages
2nd time reading

I wanted to reread this book before I read the next one.

« previous 1