Book Buying Addicts Anonymous discussion

Good Buys > January 2011 Purchases

Comments (showing 51-73 of 73) (73 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Julie | 3 comments i love bookstores!! my purchases for the new year consist of clockwork angel, the millenium series, last sacrifice, torment. my next intended purchase will be i am ozzy.

message 52: by LooLoo (last edited Jan 21, 2011 11:42AM) (new)

LooLoo | 125 comments So far this month I've bought
Shadowfever (Fever, #5) by Karen Marie Moning The Darkest Edge of Dawn (Charlie Madigan, #2) by Kelly Gay Tempest's Legacy (Jane True, #3) by Nicole Peeler Killing Rocks (The Bloodhound Files, #3) by D.D. Barant Tempting the Fire (ACRO, #5) by Sydney Croft Captive Spirit (The Dark Crescent Sisterhood, #4) by Anna Windsor Secrets of the Demon (Kara Gillian, #3) by Diana Rowland.

Got them from Amazon, Borders and ubs.

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) I caved and purchased No Rest for the Wicked (Immortals After Dark, #3) by Kresley Cole, Grave Surprise (Harper Connelly, #2) by Charlaine Harris and A Quick Bite (Argeneau, #1) by Lynsay Sands today. I pre-ordered The Gathering (Darkness Rising, #1) by Kelley Armstrong and Defiance (Strange Angels, #4) by Lilith Saintcrow a couple days ago.

Ann (raindust) | 33 comments I ordered Sweep  Volume 1 (Book of Shadows; The Coven; Blood Witch) by Cate Tiernan. No more books for me this month!

message 55: by Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (last edited Jan 24, 2011 05:39PM) (new)

Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (twisted_illusions) | 28 comments Here's some more I got this month

My mom gave me these
Door to Alternity  The Unseen Trilogy, Book 2 (Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel crossover) by Nancy Holder Paleo (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) by Yvonne Navarro Monster Island (Buffy the Vampire Slayer\Angel) (Buffy/Angel Crossover) by Christopher Golden Heat  (Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel crossover) by Nancy Holder Dark Guardian (Carpathians, #9) by Christine Feehan

From Borders
Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods, #5) by Melissa de la Cruz The Silver Chair (Chronicles of Narnia, #6) by C.S. Lewis Dark Lover (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #1) by J.R. Ward The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #1) by Rick Riordan

From Wal-Mart
Tiger Eye (Dirk & Steele Series #1) by Marjorie M. Liu

From Amazon Kindle
Starlighter (Dragons of Starlight, #1) by Bryan Davis The Blood That Bonds by Christopher Buecheler Cat Calls by Cynthia Leitich Smith Mills&Boon Comics  The Cinderella Solution by Kyoko Sagara Free Harlequin comics  Mistress Bought And Paid For by JUNKO OKADA

message 56: by Carmel (last edited Jan 22, 2011 10:03AM) (new)

Carmel I just ordered Empress of the World by Sara Ryan and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. And I promised myself not to buy any books this month :( I suck at making promises to myself.

message 57: by Joseph (last edited Jan 22, 2011 10:51AM) (new)

Joseph  (BlueManticore) | 1355 comments Mod
Carmel wrote: "I just ordered Empress of the World by Sara Ryan and Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides. And I promised myself not to buy any books this month :( I suck at making promises to myself."

A promise like that is a pie crust promise, easily made, easily broken, but delicious to do so. ;-)

Sue T (SueTinge) I had a buy one, get one free offer from the Mystery Guild, so I got The Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree by Susan Wittig Albert and Kilt Dead (Lisa Maccrimmon Mystery) by Kaitlyn Dunnett

Sue T wrote: "I had a buy one, get one free offer from the Mystery Guild, so I gotThe Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree by Susan Wittig Albert and Kilt Dead (Lisa Maccrimmon Mystery) by Kaitlyn Dunnett"

Sue, if you haven't read it yet, you will love Darling Dahlias, it is a great new series from Albert, and I believe the second in the series is coming out sometime this year.

I just got Home for a Spell (A Bewitching Mystery, #7) by Madelyn Alt and Pack of Lies (Paranormal Scene Investigations, #2) by Laura Anne Gilman

Sue T (SueTinge) Joseph wrote: "Sue T wrote: "I had a buy one, get one free offer from the Mystery Guild, so I gotThe Darling Dahlias and the Cucumber Tree by Susan Wittig Albert and Kilt Dead (Lisa Maccrimmon Mystery) by Kaitlyn Dunnett"

Sue, if you hav..."

Sounds like I should bump it up on my list. Very little reading today - I had a house full of company.

Ashley ~twisted_illusions~ (twisted_illusions) | 28 comments I went to a thrift store today and brought these home

Witch Fury (Elemental Witches, # 4) by Anya Bast All I Want for Christmas Is a Vampire (Love At Stake, #5) by Kerrelyn Sparks Conspiracy Game (GhostWalkers, #4) by Christine Feehan Hunter's Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #1) by C.T. Adams Captive Moon (A Tale of the Sazi, #3) by C.T. Adams

Sue T (SueTinge) I had another buy one, get one free so I got The Valcourt Heiress (Medieval Song, # 7) by Catherine Coulter and The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom plus I got Poison Study (Study, #1) by Maria V. Snyder from the Goodreads swap. I think I'm done for the month.

Julie | 3 comments ok so i got bookstore vouchers for my birthday, but i have all the latest books to the series i am reading, so am not sure what i would like to purchase to start reading. got any ideas?

Tiffany (herbtiff) | 315 comments Amazon Gift card was very good to me this month. I picked up The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings Trilogy. The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien. I have the rest of the series in softback, so I had to get: The Last Olympian as soon as it was released in soft cover. Same for Syren. The Last Olympian (Percy Jackson and the Olympians, #5) by Rick Riordan and Syren (Septimus Heap, #5) by Angie Sage

I went on a book buying binge today to relieve some stress. At Half Price I picked up My Soul to Keep (Soul Screamers, #3) by Rachel Vincent My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent My Soul to Take (Soul Screamers, #1) by Rachel Vincent and the last one was autographed! At Barnes and Noble I grabbed Burn (Anna Pigeon Mysteries, #16) by Nevada Barr and Borderline (Anna Pigeon Mysteries, #15) by Nevada Barr on clearance and at Borders I used two 15% off coupons to get Strange Neighbors (Strange Neighbors, #1) by Ashlyn Chase and The Werewolf Upstairs (Strange Neighbors, #2) by Ashlyn Chase

N.L. Riviezzo (nlriviezzo) Yesterday, I got Steel Beauty (Halle Pumas, #4) by Dana Marie Bell, Only in My Dreams (Halle Pumas, #5) by Dana Marie Bell and Mya's Werewolf (Fantasy Island) by Zena Wynn.

Jennifer Green (jenner78) | 3 comments I *think* these are all of the books I bought in January.. The Hunger Games (The Hunger Games, #1) by Suzanne Collins Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3) by Suzanne Collins A Vintage Affair  A Novel by Isabel Wolff The Lonely Polygamist by Brady Udall The Help by Kathryn Stockett The Swan Thieves by Elizabeth Kostova The Witch's Daughter by Paula Brackston Breathers  A Zombie's Lament by S.G. Browne Boneshaker (The Clockwork Century, #1) by Cherie Priest Kraken by China Miéville

Melanie (melaina) | 58 comments chucklesthescot wrote: "Time for a copy and paste session...

Most are from readitswapit and charity shops and the rest by Waterstones gift card...

Holidays Are Hell by Kim Harrison
[book:Ins..."

wow! great selection:-D

chucklesthescot When I'm going to get them all read is anyone's guess!

« previous 1 2 next »

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Across the Universe (other topics)
Jared (other topics)
Dracula, the Un-Dead (other topics)
Vampire Academy (other topics)
Shadow Hills (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Laura J. Burns (other topics)
Ursula K. Le Guin (other topics)