Indian Readers discussion

Food, Movies, Music, Masti! > Our pictures, our lifes

Comments (showing 251-300 of 639) (639 new)    post a comment »

message 251: by Gautham (new)

Gautham Prabhu (gautham2002) | 134 comments ✖ ¡η Ða SeÐU¢†iOη wrote: ""

nice pictures

message 253: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

Muddle head (adic) | 4603 comments Mod
https://picasaweb.google.com/adityach...

That's a link to my Leh trip pics, will post some of them directly here shortly, also yet to add tags/description to them, please bear with me meanwhile

message 254: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

Shalini  | 39383 comments Mod
beautiful photoes, Aditya. You went to Leh and Manali, too?

message 255: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Wonderful *__*
That expanse of water is a lake? The water is so clear and transparent that invites you to take a bath!
Wonderful also all the flowers and the temples and the buildings of that place. Felt cold when I have seen the snow, brrr!
That big animal is a bull or a buffalo?

message 256: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

@Col, went to Leh via Manali, stopped over at Manali for a day. Leh is/was the capital of the kingdom of Ladakh. Generally speaking Leh is the city and Ladakh is the region surrounding it...

message 257: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

@Dely, Yeah, that's the Lake called Pangong, its a whopping 130kms long and 5-6kms wide. Only 30% of the Lake is in India, the rest is in Tibet/China.

The animal is a Yak i believe: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yak

message 258: by Malini (new)

Malini | 2 comments beautiful! I've always wanted to go there

message 259: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

Aacharya Didn't wrote: "@Col, went to Leh via Manali, stopped over at Manali for a day. Leh is/was the capital of the kingdom of Ladakh. Generally speaking Leh is the city and Ladakh is the region surrounding it..."

I was under the impression both are different places altogether. I revisited your photoes. Very beautiful. Feel like stealing a few ( I mean downloading and putting as my desktop screen)

message 260: by [deleted user] (new)

seriously!! the pics look like they are wall papers!
Awesome pics adi!!
I love the keychain!! Is it yours or Harita's??

message 261: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

was it a key chain? I was wondering what it is? it looked like a big log and I was wondering how these guys are going to carry it back home

message 262: by [deleted user] (new)

LOL!!

message 263: by Meenakshi (new)

Meenakshi (Mcoolshi) | 1875 comments hehehe...nyc pics...

message 264: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

Feel free to steal them col! And hazy, the key chain didnt make it to our Will yet :-P
but yeah, we might b using it for d house or the car till then!
And apologies to all for nt taggng d pics. I really dnt hav any xcuse considerng my unemployd status! Wll do it by tmrw!

message 265: by Mansee (new)

Mansee | 2034 comments Nice pics Aditya...I better adher to my plan of trip to Leh next year!!

✖ Muکaƒ¡r Of  Ðrﻉamz ✖ ██ tausif.▌ (tausifrhythm) | 859 comments Nice Pic's :]

message 268: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Where have you done it? What place is this?

✖ Muکaƒ¡r Of  Ðrﻉamz ✖ ██ tausif.▌ (tausifrhythm) | 859 comments dely wrote: "Where have you done it? What place is this?"

Dely, i took this in Hyderabad.! :)

message 270: by dely (last edited Oct 02, 2011 01:12PM) (new)

dely | 4338 comments Only a few pics of my new house.

This is my bookshelf, always the same but I have less books because I brought some to the second hand shop to sell them. There were a lot of books I didn't liked, old books about pregnancy and some books of my son when he was a child:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/...

These are the doors I have made. They are very old and they were not in a good condition and so I sanded them, caulked, sanded again and then painted:

This is the terrace but I was not able to take it all. But you can see the view I have from there. Finally I can see the sky with the stars and the moon! In the house I lived before I saw only a little piece of sky because I was surrounded by high buildings:

The site to upload doesn't work and so I had to upload in this way, without direct link.

message 271: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

your bookshelf is impressive and neat to the point of obsession. Mine is just the opposite :(

message 272: by Siddharth (new)

Siddharth Sharma (TheGreyShades) | 405 comments Nice pics.

message 273: by Mansee (new)

Mansee | 2034 comments dely wrote: "Only a few pics of my new house.

This is my bookshelf, always the same but I have less books because I brought some to the second hand shop to sell them. There were a lot of books I didn't like..."

Wow Dely...nice work! that too all by urself...commendable...I love your bookshelf and ur terrace!

message 274: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Thank you ^^
I hope to have time to make better pictures.

message 275: by Anbu (new)

Anbu (Anbutheone) | 4469 comments Nice one Dely.. I would like to have such a big and neat book shelf in my home.. :)

message 276: by Meenakshi (new)

Meenakshi (Mcoolshi) | 1875 comments wow...@Dely that is the neatest bookshelf I have ever seen...and you have a beautiful terrace...and I must add...a very creatively done door...

message 277: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Thanks Anbu and Meenakshi!

I like to work with wood and painting it; it is relaxing and you can make old things become again new.

Some time ago I have renewed this stool:
(view spoiler)

message 278: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

Wonderfully done. I'd rather never sit on them though :)

message 279: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

Wow - nice. But why are those two benches joined together? It would be difficult to sit back to back, no?

message 280: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments They are not two stools but only one. I have joined the pictures of the stool when it was old and the same stool after renewed.
Or you mean that long hole in the middle? It is a hole between the two parts of the same stool. It is a very little stool (30x20 cm), it is not a benche.

message 281: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

Oh, looked like a big bench which seats 3-4 to me. LOL. Pictures can be deceptive.

message 282: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Smitha wrote: "Oh, looked like a big bench which seats 3-4 to me. LOL. Pictures can be deceptive."

LOL :D

If possibile I will make the picture of the stool with my cat so you can see better the its size.

message 283: by Meenakshi (new)

Meenakshi (Mcoolshi) | 1875 comments wow..gr8 job Dely...so wen r u comin' to my house...I need a li'l help in here..n yh!!! e1 I thought it was a 3 seater...

message 284: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Try to find out what I am going to do with all these things:

(view spoiler)

(I had to hide a little bit one of these objects otherwise you understood immediatly what I will do)

message 285: by Muddle head, thecleanupman (new)

If only I cud read italian!

An alarm or a calling bell? Christmas lights?

message 286: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Aacharya Didn't wrote: "If only I cud read italian!

An alarm or a calling bell? Christmas lights?"

No.
I had to hide less objects seen that you don't know italian :P
On one of them there is written what I am going to do.

message 287: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

a clock?

message 288: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

I see something like an alarm box...and a rounded plastic akin to a clock face..so its definitely a clock

message 289: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Smitha wrote: "a clock?"

Yes!

Soon pics of my finished clock to put on the wall of the kitchen!

message 290: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Here it is; I don't like it very much, it is too big but the shop hadn't smaller wooden rims.

(view spoiler)

message 291: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

its nice, dely..
so cute....

message 292: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Thanks ^^

message 293: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments My christmas tree. It is always the same tree with the same balls, it changed only location (because of the removal) and I am not able to take good pics

(view spoiler)

message 294: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments I have some bonus pics because at the end of october my son went 10 days to Rome for the International Movie Festival (he has been chosen as a juror for the children/young's film section).

Here the Ara Pacis
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Details of the Ara Pacis

Here a church (I don't know the name)

Michelle Yeoh who was there for the movie The Lady

And last but not least, Richard Gere

message 295: by alina.m (new)

alina.m | 569 comments dely wrote: "My christmas tree. It is always the same tree with the same balls, it changed only location (because of the removal) and I am not able to take good pics

[spoilers removed]"

wow! congratulations!

message 296: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Thanks! Congratulations to my son, we make it together but he decides who to decorate it.

message 297: by Shalini , #madbibliophile (new)

wow, dely. A beautiful Christmas tree. The bookshelf is well maintained. Mine becomes ram shackled within a couple of days of tidying up.
Congratulations to your son for being selected as a juror. Its such an honor.

message 298: by Anbu (new)

Anbu (Anbutheone) | 4469 comments Congrats to your Son, Dely.. :)

A nice Christmas tree.. But the bookshelf will get more attention here (Look at Col.'s reply :P).. A well-maintained one indeed.. :)

message 299: by dely (new)

dely | 4338 comments Anbu wrote: "Congrats to your Son, Dely.. :)

A nice Christmas tree.. But the bookshelf will get more attention here (Look at Col.'s reply :P).. A well-maintained one indeed.. :)"

Yes, I see! :D
You watch more the bookshelf rather the monuments of Rome!

However, thanks for the compliments.

@Smitha: Yes, I am very proud of my son that he was selected and he had a wonderful experience.

message 300: by Mansee (last edited Dec 12, 2011 01:51AM) (new)

Mansee | 2034 comments Wow Dely...both u and ur son are super talented!! the clock is beautiful as is the christamas tree...and the bookshelf is enticing :) :)

And a juror...wow- thats an honour! u must be proud of him! Congratulate him on our behalf :)

unread topics | mark unread

Authors mentioned in this topic

Giacomo Leopardi (other topics)