News & Interviews
Listen with Audible
Gay and Lesbian
Humor and Comedy
Ask the Author
> Member Privileges
(showing 1-1 of 1)
post a comment »
, The Modster
(last edited Dec 30, 2010 06:30PM)
Dec 30, 2010 06:29PM
1) Members can start and take on leadership of a discussion. If you want to lead a discussion, state that in the title of the thread (For eg something like "Davina's Discussion on: TOPIC"). Taking on leadership of a discussion is different than average participation in a general discussion. In general discussions you may post as much or as little as you like. However, because this is an opportunity to share an issue that may be important to YOU (something you may be passionate about), you have to participate and drive the discussion. You can also decide when/if the discussion is complete and request to have it closed. Long periods of absense by discussion leaders will result in the thread being closed and possibly removed. If things get out of hand you'll have a say in whether the thread remains open or not.
2) Members can add books to the bookshelf. They can be any book from any genre.
3) Members can make suggestions about rules and code of conduct. I will, however, implement these at my discretion.
4) In extreme cases members can privately vote to have a member removed, but the final decision will be on me.
5) If you think there are other privileges members ought to be entitled to let me know and I'll consider it.
back to top
post a comment »
Add a reference:
Search for a book to add a reference
Flagging a post will send it to the Goodreads Customer Care team for review. We take abuse seriously in our discussion boards. Only flag comments that clearly need our attention. As a general rule we do not censor any content on the site. The only content we will consider removing is spam, slanderous attacks on other members, or extremely offensive content (eg. pornography, pro-Nazi, child abuse, etc). We will not remove any content for bad language alone, or being critical of a particular book.
© 2017 Goodreads Inc
authors & advertisers blog
Welcome back. Just a moment while we sign you in to your Goodreads account.