Young Writers discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Pop Culture > What Are You Reading?

Comments (showing 101-150 of 7,401) (7401 new)    post a comment »

message 101: by Meagan (new)

message 102: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments I haven't read that one yet. However, I did get a copy of Burned for Christmas, and that was amazing.

message 103: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments Oh, I think I have that reserved at the library. XD I have Tricks to read after this :)

message 104: by [deleted user] (new)

Today I'll Just Be Autumn Fompledump wrote: "Identical by Ellen Hopkins"

My only problem was that book is that there were SO many issues with them. I mean, it was just too much.

message 105: by Annie , butts butts butts butts butts (new)

Annie  Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
I wasn't a big fan of Crank, I would hope that her other books are more original.

Like, I like the poetry, but the plot itself and all the characters are lacking.

message 106: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments Cara Marie Fompledump [to infinity and beyond] wrote: "Today I'll Just Be Autumn Fompledump wrote: "Identical by Ellen Hopkins"

My only problem was that book is that there were SO many issues with them. I mean, it was just too much."

There are definitely a lot of issues with them. And I'm barely into it :P

message 107: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments Juliet wrote: "I wasn't a big fan of Crank, I would hope that her other books are more original.

Like, I like the poetry, but the plot itself and all the characters are lacking."

I loved Crank, for the poetry.

message 108: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Juliet wrote: "I wasn't a big fan of Crank, I would hope that her other books are more original.

Like, I like the poetry, but the plot itself and all the characters are lacking."

The poetry's undeniably the best thing about her books, at least to my mind.

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments Aaaah I'm still down after Parvana's Journey. It's so sad but it's so REAL! :(:(:(:(:(

message 110: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments OH OH OH I READ THAT!
Well, like, three years ago. Anyway, I loved it.
Have you read the other two books? (Mud City is actually my favourite)

message 111: by Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. (last edited Jan 16, 2011 11:52AM) (new)

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments I read the breadwinner, but I haven't read Mud City yet. I really want to - it's nice how she's not trying to hush up all the cruel or harsh bits - like I said before, it's real.

message 112: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments hmm. Well, you should read Mud City, 'cause it's about what happens to Parvana's friend after the first two books. Hard to say why I like that one so much- maybe Shauzia just seems like a more likeable character.

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments Oh. That'll be good for me - I was feeling strong hate towards her. But for some reason I can't help liking Asif.

message 114: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Asif is highly amusing.

Shreya=Drastically Random. Find the emoticon. | 1078 comments I know! He's so grumpy and rude, but there's something about him that you have to love. He's funny too...his sarcasm is amazing.

message 116: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments There's more books to The Breadwinner? I didn't know that...

message 117: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (normanbaes) | 7944 comments Star Wars: The Old Republic: Fatal Alliance

Bwa ha ha. This is what I'm reading.

message 118: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Today I'll Just Be Autumn Fompledump wrote: "There's more books to The Breadwinner? I didn't know that..."

Indeedy. After The Breadwinner there's Parvana's Journey , and the third is Mud City.

message 119: by Meagan (last edited Jan 17, 2011 09:37AM) (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments I need to read those...maybe...

message 120: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments They're pretty good.
Well. I read them almost two years ago, so perhaps I'd find them different now. Hmmm.

message 121: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

Alicia (Lav) | 22630 comments Mod
I just started Looking for Alaska.

message 122: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments I WANNA READ THAT

message 123: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments LOOKING FOR ALASKA YES YES YES
I cannot be pleased enough if you're reading this.

message 124: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

I read the first chapter and it's amaaaazing so far. But I love all of John Green's books. Paper Towns is still my favorite though, so far.

message 125: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments An Abundance of Katherines is my least favourite, though I haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson yet.
Not sure whether I prefer Paper Towns or Looking for Alaska...they're both great.

message 126: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

Oh yeah. I haven't read Will Grayson, Will Grayson either.

message 127: by The Urban Otome (new)

The Urban Otome (TheUrbanOtome) I'm reading North of Beautiful by Justina Chen Headley

It's pretty good so far, the descriptions are greatly visualized.

message 128: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments I've heard so many good things about that book...alas, I haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (MariaChhile) | 8772 comments Mod
I am reading PAPER TOWNS. Why am I still reading it, you ask? Well, that is because no matter how good of a book it is I have been much too lazy to get it out of my backpack.

message 130: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments *gasps*
It's definitely worth getting out of your backpack.

message 131: by Hayden (new)

Hayden (normanbaes) | 7944 comments Same with me. "I really want to read it, but my butt's REALLY comfortable right now and I think I just lost feeling in all of my limbs, so I'm not gonna' get up."

message 132: by [deleted user] (new)

I can't wait to read Will Grayson, Will Grayson

message 133: by Emily (new)

Emily I'm 2 thirds the way through Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Anyone a nerdfighter?

message 134: by Annie , butts butts butts butts butts (new)

Annie  Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
ME

message 135: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments The Antique Gift Shop, Volume 1 by Lee Eun. It's...more than a little weird.
Don't know why but in my sleepless nights of late I've been reading heaps of manga.

message 136: by Laura (last edited Feb 04, 2011 06:09PM) (new)

Maria [the clockwork creeps on useless lives] (MariaChhile) | 8772 comments Mod
Milli wrote: "I'm 2 thirds the way through Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Anyone a nerdfighter?"

ME.

message 138: by Laura (new)

Laura  | 911 comments ♫Maria Fompledump (aka Chile)♫ wrote: "Milli wrote: "I'm 2 thirds the way through Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Anyone a nerdfighter?"

ME."

DFTBA.

message 139: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Milli wrote: "I'm 2 thirds the way through Will Grayson, Will Grayson. Anyone a nerdfighter?"

ME AS WELL.

message 140: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Almost finished reading Bright Young Things (Bright Young Things, #1) by Anna Godbersen, 11th or 12th book of 2011 so far (I think).

message 141: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments BUtterfield 8 by John O'Hara
BUtterfield 8 by John O'Hara. Only just started it, but the opening is epic.

message 142: by Meagan (new)

message 143: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments YES. THAT BOOK <3

message 144: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments Yes :) I've still yet to find one that I liked as much as Crank, however :P

message 145: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 11885 comments Mod
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Stieg Larsson

message 146: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments I wanna read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoooooooo

message 147: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 11885 comments Mod
They're gooood. Creepy, but good.

message 148: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5242 comments Keeping You a Secret by Julie Anne Peters by Julie Anne Peters, and just started Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen by Jane Austen for my Eng. Lit IGCSE.

Jordan, The Picture Magician (aka Probie) (thePictureMagicianakaProbie) | 2218 comments I am currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rereading the harry potter series.

message 150: by Meagan (new)

Meagan (flwurmeagan) | 4986 comments Jordan {Carry On My Wayward Son} wrote: "I am currently re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-re-rereading the harry potter series."

I want to like that post so badly.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.
unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Now I Know (other topics)
The Toll Bridge (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)
Wish (other topics)
The Scorch Trials (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristin Cashore (other topics)
Amy Tan (other topics)
Margaret Peterson Haddix (other topics)