Young Writers discussion

Pop Culture > What Are You Reading?

Comments (showing 1-50 of 7,281) (7281 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 145 146

message 1: by Annie , butts butts butts butts butts (last edited Dec 28, 2010 11:49AM) (new)

Annie  Carlson (annielawlz) | 3393 comments Mod
I believe the topic is pretty self explanatory. Post what you're reading.

For instance, I'm reading: Anna and the French Kiss... again... for the second time this week.

Don't judge me.

message 2: by Mandy (last edited Dec 28, 2010 11:50AM) (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments JUDGEMENT! Just kidding. That's great. =)

I'm reading Carry On, Mr. Bowditch for a school assignment....

message 3: by Baxter, butts butts butts (last edited Dec 28, 2010 11:54AM) (new)

Baxter (julietrocksmysocks) | 2455 comments Mod
I'm reading Herbert West-Reanimator by H.P. Lovecraft, which is considered by just about everybody on the planet as being his weakest work. It's cheesed out pulp.

message 4: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments Rebekka wrote: "Juliet wrote: "I believe the topic is pretty self explanitory. Post what you're reading.

For instance, I'm reading: Anna and the French Kiss... again... for the secon,d time this week.

Don't ..."

Those are hilarious!

message 5: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5231 comments Now I Know by Aidan Chambers, in an omnibus edition with The Toll Bridge, though I haven't read the latter yet.

message 6: by Jessicaaaa (new)

Jessicaaaa | 77 comments I am reading Catching Fire (The Hunger Games, #2) by Suzanne Collins and I am loving it.

message 7: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

Alicia (Lav) | 22625 comments Mod
Wish by Alexandra Bullen

I don't recommend it to anybody. :P

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments I am reading....

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain. I just started, like, two minutes ago. :D

message 9: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* | 11800 comments Mod
The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

Meh.

message 10: by Mandy (new)

Mandy  Harmon (mandyharmon) | 10724 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

Meh."

Just meh? I liked it...but it was confusing sometimes.

message 11: by Alyssa (new)

Alyssa | 88 comments I am re-reading the lost hero and just finished Catching Fire!

message 12: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Mandy wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

Meh."

Just meh? I liked it...but it was confusing sometimes."

I dunno, it's not like I hate it. It's just that the plot is very confusing and illogical, plus I hate pretty much all of the characters … Things got way too complicated near the end of the first book, in my opinion. And since then it's just been way too … weird.

message 13: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Alyssa♥ wrote: "I am re-reading the lost hero and just finished Catching Fire!"

Lost Hero! <3

message 14: by Yue (new)

Yue | 4458 comments ♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "Mandy wrote: "♥ Brigid ♥ wrote: "The Scorch Trials (Maze Runner, #2) by James Dashner

Meh."

Just meh? I liked it...but it was confusing sometimes."

I dunno, it's not like I hate it. It's just that the plot is ..."

Yeah.It's confusing... :/

I'm currently rereading Crank!:)

message 15: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate
Torment By Lauren Kate
not very far but liking it of course :D

message 16: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Yup. Confuzzling.

Crank … I think I read that. That's the one with the drugs written in "poetry", right?

message 17: by Talia (new)

Talia | 605 comments My friend read that and told me it was very cheesy as far as it goes...

message 18: by Kim (last edited Dec 28, 2010 05:11PM) (new)

Kim Crowley (KimCrow) | 1893 comments Madeline wrote: "Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate
Torment By Lauren Kate
not very far but liking it of course :D"

I loved the first one. I've currently got Torment on my bedside unit, but I'm halfway through

Last Sacrifice (Vampire Academy, #6) by Richelle Mead

at the moment, which is AWESOME so I'm not reading that yet

message 19: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Read what? Crank? If it's the book I'm thinking of, I didn't like it much … 

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Madeline wrote: "Torment (Fallen, #2) by Lauren Kate
Torment By Lauren Kate
not very far but liking it of course :D"

I LOVE THAT BOOK.

*done with all CAPS*

message 21: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Haha im excited to get through it. i loved the first one too :D
but its totally confusing. i have no idea what half of it means...

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Madeline wrote: "Haha im excited to get through it. i loved the first one too :D
but its totally confusing. i have no idea what half of it means..."

It ends really well.

message 23: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Cool, thanks. And of course theres gonna be another. this is quickly becoming one of my favorite series.

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Same. When I first started Fallen, I thought it was slow, but I fell in love. Now I wish I could skip to when the next one comes out. :D

message 25: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Haha yeah the beginning was a little slow but it was still good and all worth it. I'm starting to worry about L&D though, theyre not doing so hot at the beginning here... :/

message 26: by Jo (new)

Jo (Penname8) | 1574 comments I'm reading the Giver series, and the 39 clues and The Hunger Games series too.

message 27: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) If anyone is actually surprised by what I'm reading... well, its obvious...

Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leveroux

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Madeline wrote: "Haha yeah the beginning was a little slow but it was still good and all worth it. I'm starting to worry about L&D though, theyre not doing so hot at the beginning here... :/"

Keep going. :D

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Anna Rosen Jonas Krum Chekov Dawes de Rouen wrote: "If anyone is actually surprised by what I'm reading... well, its obvious...

Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leveroux"

No way/ *gapes*

I never would've guessed. :P

message 30: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "Anna Rosen Jonas Krum Chekov Dawes de Rouen wrote: "If anyone is actually surprised by what I'm reading... well, its obvious...

No way/ *gapes*

I n..."

*rolls eyes*

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments *chuckles*

message 32: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Love you.

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Love you too, dahlink.

message 34: by Yue (new)

Yue | 4458 comments Juliet wrote: "I believe the topic is pretty self explanatory. Post what you're reading.

For instance, I'm reading: Anna and the French Kiss... again... for the second time this week.

Don't judge me."

Oh! Is it good? Ok, well it obviously is... .__. I really want to read it! >.<

message 35: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

I'm not sure what I'm going to read next.

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Rebekka wrote: "Juliet wrote: "I believe the topic is pretty self explanitory. Post what you're reading.

For instance, I'm reading: Anna and the French Kiss... again... for the secon,d time this week.

Don't ..."

LOOOOOVE Ted Dekker. He's brilliant. Skin is also brilliant. :D

message 37: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "Madeline wrote: "Haha yeah the beginning was a little slow but it was still good and all worth it. I'm starting to worry about L&D though, theyre not doing so hot at the beginning here... :/"

Keep going..."

sigh, i know haha i'll get there. and (SPOILER) i love how D showed up on the beach party, i mena it did turn sour but i was prepared not to see D for two weeks and i was really happy that he came in :D

Anna Rosen Jonas Krum Chekov Dawes de Rouen wrote: "If anyone is actually surprised by what I'm reading... well, its obvious...

i love that story and how the book is set up like an investigation :D

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments I know right!? I was very happy. I actually re-liked Cam in this one. Not for her, but just as himself. Miles was cute but he seemed more like "the gay friend".

message 39: by Alicia (Lav) (new)

Give a Boy a Gun by Todd Strasser

Oooh I just started this and I love it.

message 40: by Molverine (new)

Molverine (deatheateregg) Madeline wrote: "Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "Madeline wrote: "Haha yeah the beginning was a little slow but it was still good and all worth it. I'm starting to worry about L&D though, theyre not doi..."

I love it because I am such a phangirl. And it makes it that much easier to make fun of Raoul. XD

message 41: by Madeline (new)

Madeline Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "I know right!? I was very happy. I actually re-liked Cam in this one. Not for her, but just as himself. Miles was cute but he seemed more like "the gay friend"."

LMAO wow thank you for that. that was awesome and totally just made my day. yeah i always kinda liked Cam. i mean yes he's a "demon" but he's surprising nice. just only as a friend. not like Daniel :)

message 42: by [deleted user] (new)

I... haven't done much recreational reading for quite some time. I think the last book I read all the way through was Speak or Wintergirls in July... Oh, schnikees that is sad.

Kendall [Kenny] (poeticshark) | 10786 comments Madeline wrote: "Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "I know right!? I was very happy. I actually re-liked Cam in this one. Not for her, but just as himself. Miles was cute but he seemed more like "the gay f..."

*grin* I'm gad I could make your day! :D
I love Cam. :D Demons are fun. XP

message 44: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5231 comments Kenny *Chasing Shadows at Midnight* wrote: "Same. When I first started Fallen, I thought it was slow, but I fell in love. Now I wish I could skip to when the next one comes out. :D"

June, I believe, and it's going to be called Passion. Eeeeeee.

message 45: by Tesni (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5231 comments South of the Border, West of the Sun by Haruki Murakami

South of the Border, West of the Sun. I'm quite the fan of Haruki Murakami nowadays.

message 46: by Ellen (last edited Jan 02, 2011 07:18PM) (new)

message 47: by Tesni (last edited Jan 03, 2011 04:15AM) (new)

Tesni (ohmarcello) | 5231 comments Gone amused me. It was the sort of book that I like to imagine my life would be like if I lived in that world, for instance, "what if I was in the FAYZ?" Eh, there's no doubt me being me I'd die after a couple of days.

message 48: by Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!*, No tears in the writer, no tears in the reader. (new)

Ugh … That book … *headwall*

message 49: by Kim (new)

Kim Crowley (KimCrow) | 1893 comments By Midnight A Ravenwood Mystery by Mia James

By Midnight: A Ravenwood Mystery by Mia James

Nearly finished this one and then I'll be onto my third book of 2011

message 50: by Yue (new)

Yue | 4458 comments I tried to read Gone about six times now. I keep falling asleep after the first chapter... :/

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 145 146

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Now I Know (other topics)
The Toll Bridge (other topics)
Catching Fire (other topics)
Wish (other topics)
The Scorch Trials (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Kristin Cashore (other topics)
Amy Tan (other topics)