Red Dress Ink Fans discussion

Personal Challenges > 2011 Group Challenge

Comments (showing 101-150 of 1,212) (1212 new)    post a comment »

Stacy (stacymarie913) | 4784 comments Mod
58. L8R, G8R
l8r, g8r (Internet Girls, #3) by Lauren Myracle

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Kourtney wrote: "56. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer (FINALLY!!)"

LOL..I have this one sitting under my desk at work...I'm halfway thru...and have been since the book was released! Umm...what's that like 5, 6 years?? One day....you inspire me! Noce job!

Kourtney | 1095 comments Cathy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "56. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer (FINALLY!!)"

LOL..I have this one sitting under my desk at work...I'm halfway thru...and have been since the book was released! Umm...what's ..."

What inspired me was that EVERYONE was ruining the story for me. I was listening to the radio and they started talking about the ending of Eclipse (which at the time I had not yet finished) then started talking about casting for Breaking Dawn which ruined plot points! I got so fed up that I finally read it just so no one could ruin it for me anymore. Stupid radio station...

Nicole (nicole21) | 490 comments 59. How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling
60. Tandem by Tracey Bateman
61. Reconstructing Brigid by Lee Nichols
62. The Debutante by Kathleen Tessaro

Jen B (jennybee618) 63. The Stormchasers - Jenna Blum
64. Winter Bloom - Tara Heavey

Both good books!

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments 65. Bed Rest by Sarah Bilston

message 107: by Tara (new)

Tara | 1651 comments 66. Slightly Engaged-Wendy Markham

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Kourtney wrote: "Cathy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "56. Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyer (FINALLY!!)"

LOL..I have this one sitting under my desk at work...I'm halfway thru...and have been since the book was released!..."

That's hilarious (and really annoying all at once!)

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 67. The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow

a MUST read

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) wrote: "67. The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow

a MUST read"

I really enjoyed this one too!

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 68. Mood Matters by John Casti

Alicia (Diva2416) | 730 comments 69 (oo-er). Open, Andre Agassi

Great book very well written.

Alicia wrote: "69 (oo-er). Open, Andre Agassi

Great book very well written."

LOVE the tribute to Georgia! Phwaor!

Kourtney | 1095 comments 70. A Most Uncommon Degree of Popularity by Kathleen Gilles Seidel

71. Queen of Babble in the Big City

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 72. Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones

great christian fiction read

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) wrote: "67. The Girls From Ames by Jeffrey Zaslow

a MUST read"

Good to know...I can get this on audio...should I? Or you think better to read?

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments it was an awesome read, it is a male author, i wouldn't listen if it is read by a male, just wouldn't work

73. What the Night Knows - Dean Kootnz

Great book!

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 74. Okay for Now by Gary D. Schmidt
a great YA read

message 121: by Liz (new)

Liz Fichera (LizFichera) 75. OPHELIA by Lisa Klein. A cute YA read, a retelling of Hamlet. Sort of. Ophelia by Lisa M. Klein

Alicia (Diva2416) | 730 comments 76. Uncharted TerriTORI, Tori Spelling

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments 77. Easily Amused - Karen McQuestion

78. The Last Summer (of You and Me) - Ann Brashares

message 124: by Tara (new)

Tara | 1651 comments 79. Slightly Married-Wendy Markham

message 125: by Liz (new)

Liz Fichera (LizFichera) 80. WISH by Alexandra Bullen Wish by Alexandra Bullen

Kourtney | 1095 comments 81. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Suzanne | 673 comments 82. Flawless (Pretty Little Liars #2) by Sara Shepard

Kourtney wrote: "81. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris"

How was that? I keep meaning to read one of his books someday....

Suzanne | 673 comments Stacy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "81. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris"

How was that? I keep meaning to read one of his books someday...."

I also want to read this book. I heard that he talks about his speech therapist and some speech issues, and I'm in school for speech language pathology.

Kourtney | 1095 comments Suzanne wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "81. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris"

I also want to read this book. I heard that he t..."

I was not a fan. I heard "oh he's so funny!" "oh he's so original!" "his point of view just makes you think!" My responses: 1) He's not funny (in 272 pages I chuckled twice - literally. We counted.) 2) He's original? Everyone who writes and doesn't plagerize is original...moving on... 3) His point of view only makes me think I need to not read any of his other books. Unfortunately when I bought that book I also bought Naked, and since I don't want to feel like I wasted money I am going to read that as well. I started it last night and I'm already regretting it. After every essay I just kept thinking "what was the point in that?" If someone told me those types of stories to my face I would probably never talk to them again just out of boredom...

But that is just my opinion. I also didn't like Jessica Z and others LOVED it so take what I say with a grain of chick lit salt :) I'm picky when it is not in my genre!

Cathy (cgraceh) | 422 comments 83. Everleigh in NYC by Cathleen Holst - Fabulous debut novel! Loved it!

message 132: by Alex (new)

Alex Starke | 46 comments 84. Gucci Gucci Coo by Sue Margolis!

Nicole (nicole21) | 490 comments 85. How Sweet It Is by Sophie Gunn
86. Skipping a Beat by Sarah Pekkanen (this one is so, so good!)

Kourtney wrote: "Suzanne wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "81. Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris"

I also want to read this book. I..."

Hmm...well, you and I usually trend the same in our opinions so I think I'll take your word for it.(I didn't care for Jessica Z either.) So, out of curiosity, have you read Last Night at Chateau Marmont yet? I have tried to read it twice, TWICE! And I just gave up. I got somewhere slightly over 100 pages into it and I just didn't care. I was thinking the other day, I loved The Devil Wears Prada, tried to read Everyone Worth Knowing and couldn't do that one either. I have Chasing Harry Winston and now, given that I haven't had any interest in two of her other books, I keep putting it off.

Kourtney | 1095 comments It's weird but I have seen a slow progression of my love for her. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Devil Wears Prada (both the book and the movie for very different reason) and I liked Everyone Worth Knowing. I ran out and bought Chasing Harry Winston, got about 20 pages in and HATED it. I swapped it without a second glance. Because of that I have shied away from Last Night at Chateau Marmont - I refuse to spend $$ on it. It's on my wishlists as I will give her ONE more chance, then I will move on.

BTW I started Naked by David Sedaris and it is going the same way as MTPOD did...BLAH!

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 87. Sometimes I Feel Like a Nut by Jill Kargman
a great snarky humor read

Kourtney wrote: "It's weird but I have seen a slow progression of my love for her. I LOVED LOVED LOVED Devil Wears Prada (both the book and the movie for very different reason) and I liked Everyone Worth Knowing. I..."

I didn't want to waste money OR a credit on it, both times I tried to read it, I got it from the library.
And yeah, I'll be skipping David Sedaris then. Thanks for taking one (or two) for the team! LOL!!!

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) wrote: "87. Sometimes I Feel Like a Nut by Jill Kargman
a great snarky humor read"

I read (ok, listened to) Momzillas by her and loved it. I'll have to check this one out.

Jen B (jennybee618) I'm not the biggest fan of David Sedaris, either. I've listened to three of his books on audio: Naked, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, and Holidays on Ice, and I liked parts of them, but I wasn't wowed by any of them. Of the three, Naked was by far my favorite because a lot of those stories are about his childhood in NC, and I know a lot of the places he's writing about. But I think he has a sense of humor that's a little TOO quirky sometimes. I'm okay with a little quirk, but there's definitely a point where it goes over my head, and he always seemed to reach it!

As far as Lauren Weisberger, I definitely say read and/or stick with Last Night at Chateau Marmont, because it is by far her best book since Devil Wears Prada. I really enjoyed it -- I listened to it on audio, and it has a great narrator, which probably helped me enjoy it as much as I did. I didn't think Chasing Harry Winston was all that great either, though I did like Everyone Worth Knowing.

I've been on a kick of serious books lately, and I haven't been reading as much because I've been trying to run in preparation for a race I'm running in this coming weekend. But I'm loving this group challenge thread -- I'm getting some good book recommendations from it! :)

Kourtney | 1095 comments Jen B wrote: "I'm not the biggest fan of David Sedaris, either. I've listened to three of his books on audio: Naked, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, and Holidays on Ice, a..."

Jen! I always love when you pop in :) I'm glad I'm not alone in the "meh to David Sedaris" club. I haven't picked Naked back up yet but I'm sure I'll try to muddle through it later in the week.

And Stacy? You're welcome :) :) :) Always glad to warn others to not waste their time.

Kourtney | 1095 comments 88. Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I can't believe we are so close to 100 books in just the first month. Go us!

Jen B (jennybee618) I will try to pop in more often! :) I love following the threads, but I don't always have time to sit down and respond to them. But I'm always here!

Kristin (Kritters Ramblings) | 533 comments 89. Bright Young Things by Anna Godberson
another good one.

Jen B wrote: "I'm not the biggest fan of David Sedaris, either. I've listened to three of his books on audio: Naked, When You Are Engulfed in Flames, and Holidays on Ice, a..."

Good luck on your race Jen!

Kourtney wrote: "88. Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I can't believe we are so close to 100 books in just the first month. Go us!"

I know, I'm really starting to wonder if I should've made a higher goal....we'll see. :)
What did you think of this book? I read it about a year ago and really liked it. But then again, I am a shoe whore and I really, really, really, really want a pair of Jimmy Choos!

Kourtney | 1095 comments Stacy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "88. Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I know, I'm really st..."

I found the main character very annoying and the book just a wee bit too fluffy for my tastes. I would have liked it more if they dealt with the OCD side of things rather than just have it there as an excuse for the characters behavior. It was also VERY predictable. To be honest Lauren Baratz-Logsted is not one of my favorite RDI authors, as I didn't like her other books that much either...

Kourtney wrote: "Stacy wrote: "Kourtney wrote: "88. Baby Needs A New Pair Of Shoes by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

I know,..."

I think I was in it mostly for the shoes. :)

Kourtney | 1095 comments 90. Unbearable Lightness by Portia de Rossi

WOW...

91. The Ten Best Days of My Life
SUCH a good book!!!! Another one of those, why did I wait so long to read this? books.

Kristine (kc0217) | 335 comments 92) Dreamland - Sarah Dressen