Struggling Writers discussion

Welcome! > Introduce Yourself

Comments (showing 1-50 of 3,139) (3139 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 62 63

message 1: by MayDerp (new)

MayDerp | 1 comments Hi, I'm Emmalee and I'm a struggling writer. :)

message 2: by Alaina (last edited Dec 28, 2010 05:38PM) (new)

Alaina  (PeaceLoveWriting) | 90 comments Hey im alaina and I AM A STRUGGLING WRITER
I like to write poem and i am trying to writing a action short story. My fav books are vampire academy and city of bones. My interests are writing, reading, being on this website and listen to music.

message 3: by Sierra (new)

Sierra | 1 comments Hello, I am Sierra, and I am a struggling writer.

message 4: by [deleted user] (new)

I'm Lou. You could say I'm a struggling writer but I'm also a struggling editor who dreams of working in the publishing industry.

I loose. Both times. =/

message 5: by Kate (last edited Dec 29, 2010 04:50PM) (new)

Kate | 42 comments I'm Katie, and I'm a struggling writer, by far. I don't know why, but paper/technology and I seem to hate each other, and they like to confuse my words. Um, I write a few different things, but most seem to be paranormal/paranormal romance. I like to read the same kind of books I write. I love to read, write, hang with friends, be a lazy beast of a teen, etc. :)

message 6: by Alaina (new)

Alaina  (PeaceLoveWriting) | 90 comments Add it in where i posted the first time?

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

All right, I'll re-do my "hello" haha

Heyyy. . .My name is Lou. . .and I'm-and I'm a struggling writer. I don't really know what genre I write but I would say mostly science fiction and retro-futurism. But I want to go into publishing and am working on writing a comic book.

Favorite Books, Fried Green Tomatoes, 1984, Inkheart Series and Kick-Ass.

Interest, the 1940's, comic books and arcade games. I'm writing a comic book that takes place in the 1940's and then a novel that's about arcade games. Funny how that worked out. But I'm also fascinated by movies and look to film as an art.

message 8: by TOLI (new)

TOLI | 108 comments Hi I'm TOLI and am a struggling writer ;)

I like to write fantasy/sci-fi stuf that is based in reality. I like blending the two aspects of it, the impossible and the normal! I have fun doing that!

And umm my favorite books and the Stieg Larsson books (The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo etc)

~TOLI

message 9: by [deleted user] (new)

Hiiii TOLI.

The style of writing you mentioned is actually called magical realism and Gabriel Garcia Marquez is one of the most famous authors to use such a style. XXD It's pretty awesome.

message 10: by TOLI (new)

TOLI | 108 comments O.o I had no idea that there was a name for it!! Thans for letting me know!

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

You're welcome. If you look hard enough there's most likely a name for everything o_O

I'm a retro-futurist (historical science fiction) <3

Kurt Vonnegut sometimes is believed to use magical realism. XXD

message 12: by TOLI (new)

TOLI | 108 comments Ingrid said: Hi toli, I am Ingrid.

HELLO

message 13: by Shep (last edited Dec 30, 2010 02:36PM) (new)

Shep Hi everyone, I'm Scarlet!
I just recently (about a year ago) devoted my time to become a better writer, and so far I've come leaps and bounds since I first started! I know what it's like to struggle with it, and I absolutely DETEST writers block! It's the most horrible feeling, being stuck.

Thank gosh my creativity has been flowing lately, and mostly im on the lookout for reviews on my writing :)
Take a look if you've got the time, thanks everyone!

http://www.goodreads.com/story/list/4...

(I reccomend my story Happily Ever Afterlife, that's the best one so far).

message 14: by Sandy (last edited Dec 30, 2010 05:54PM) (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 36 comments Heyyy I'm Sandy, I just became friends on here with Scarlet, saw this group on her profile, and decided "WHOA! THIS IS A GROUP FOR ME!!!" :)

Writing genre: Christian Fantasy
Favorite books: Anne Frank and Me The Hiding Place Becoming Me and 1,000,000 others
Interests: Reading, writing, photography, writing poetry, writing stories, writing songs & playing guitar

Oh and a few hours ago I finished writing part one of my fantasy story that I started like a year ago. As in: SANDY=HAPPY =P

message 15: by [deleted user] (new)

Hiii new people. XXD

message 16: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 50 comments Some Things About Me

1. I love historical fiction, but only if it is set in 20th century

2. I'm on the debate team at my school and it rocks!

3.People tell me to shut up all the time, I just have so much to talk about

4. I love theater, especially musical theater, I' m always finding a new show to obssess over

5. I'm obssesed about getting into a good college

6. The latest book to change my life: The Book Thief

7.People say that when I answer casual questions (ex how's your family doing) I always sound like I'm being interviewed

8. I love perfume, it is my life, my favorite is Guerlains 1919 creation Mitsouko

9. My Physics grade is an 82 right now, i need to bring it up to an A

10. My favorite TV show is Modern Family

11. I'm going on a backpacking trip around the world with my dad this summer

12. I'm Presbyterian

13. Everyone ask me to host functions just because I cool backyard

14.I'm always reading fashion magazines, but when I wake up for school I always end up in jeans and a tshirt

15. J'aime etudier Francaise, J'ai etudie depuis un an

16. I have way too many purses

17. I did a one week home stay in Austria when I was in seventh grade I loved it because I got to go to an Austrian school

18.I paint my nails a different color every 2-4 days

19. I'm terrible at drawing

20. I love to read old magazines and newspapers

N.S.A.(Look for God's Truth) | 31 comments Hi I am NSA, and I just joined.
I am doing a martial art called Aikido, and have been doing that for about 8 years. I also have been doing piano for around 8 years. I am also a Christan
I over all love to write. Books, long RP posts, or even in school. You name it.
Usually what I wright evolves suspense and Christan horror.

Amber. Vampire Queen. (BookLovingQueen) hey i'm amber i just joined i'm writing a book at the moment

message 19: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments Hi, I'm Sam. I'm a girl (I've been called boy before...). I've thought about being an author when I grow up. I'm a grammer and puncuation freak. I try to be original n eveything I write. I mostly write fantasy and fiction and all of that made up stuff. I like the Warrior series, the Maximum Ride series, the Percy Jackson/Heroes of Olymus series, the Gallagher Girls series, the Molly Moon series, the Dragon Keeper series and whatever else I can get my hands on. Most recent book to get my mind REALLY thinking:The Night Tourist so check it out if you're looking for a book to change your perspective of (after)life. I'm interested into anything related to superheroes, animals(particularly dogs, wolves, foxes, tigers, and dragons), Star Trek (especially Voyager), spies, kung fu/martial arts action, secrets, mysteries, anything that's either Indiana Jones related or like Indian Jones, and anything that can a)keep me thinking and trying to solve it, b)keep me interested, and c)has totally AWESOME characters/funny scenes/action. I love to draw. I love to write, but I often consider my writing childish and so I scrap it and start with a new idea. I am a struggling writer because sometimes I come to a certain point in my writing and think, "What should happen next?" Since I don't exactly plan out my story, I just know where I need to get there and some major points I think would be interesting and exciting for the reader along the way. Plus, like I said, I often think of my writing as childish.

Well, enough about me. I'm looking forward to getting help from this group and improving my writing. Thanks to N.S.A. for inviting me!

message 20: by N.S.A.(Look for God's Truth) (last edited Dec 31, 2010 07:48PM) (new)

N.S.A.(Look for God's Truth) | 31 comments your welcome

message 21: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments What?

message 22: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 50 comments ^ my thought exactly

message 23: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 50 comments &:^)

message 24: by TOLI (new)

TOLI | 108 comments Hello new people :D:D!

message 25: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 36 comments Hi everyone! Lol, I invited like sixty people to this group. I STARTED THIS CHAIN REACTION, COOL!!! LOOK WHAT I DID!!! Haha jk

message 26: by Courtney (new)

Courtney | 50 comments ya sandy!

You wish You knew (luv2write) HI. I'm Pammy. I am a struggling writer. I can never develop a story but always know where I want to go with it

You wish You knew (luv2write) oh and I completed NaNoWriMo in 2009 but couldn't this year because I was a director for a musical

message 29: by Douglas (last edited Jan 01, 2011 01:57PM) (new)

Douglas (littlepegleg) | 1 comments Hi everybody. I'm Doug, a struggling writer. I type with only two fingers, struggling :-) Author of one Christian Adventure book (The Adventures of Little Pegleg the Pirate and Friends) and struggling with number two (hopefully out by Aug. 2011) I was invited by Sandy (she has a gift at this kind of thing, I think).
Looks like it could be fun here.

The best thing I can pass on is to write down every thought (about your book) you have during the day as they 'pop' into your mind. You will forget them later if you don't. I have a pile of 4x6 cards and file them under tabs that catagorize them. This way, I have ideas when I finally sit down to write.

message 30: by TOLI (new)

TOLI | 108 comments Douglas wrote: The best thing I can pass on is to write down every thought (about your book) you have during the day as they 'pop' into your mind. You will forget them later if you don't. I have a pile of 4x6 cards and file them under tabs that catagorize them. This way, I have ideas when I finally sit down to write.

THAT IS A YES...best thing you can do! I didn't think of notecards I just write them down in a little notebook, but you'll think that you'll remember but you never do! I like the categorizing ideas!

message 31: by Sandy (new)

Sandy (SandyCrow) | 36 comments Pammy wrote: "HI. I'm Pammy. I am a struggling writer. I can never develop a story but always know where I want to go with it"

Wow good description! I'm always like, "Here's the plot and here's how it should end…but how do I stretch it out over all these pages?!"

N.S.A.(Look for God's Truth) | 31 comments Pammy wrote: "HI. I'm Pammy. I am a struggling writer. I can never develop a story but always know where I want to go with it"

hi Pammy

You wish You knew (luv2write) hey NSA

You wish You knew (luv2write) Sandy wrote: "Pammy wrote: "HI. I'm Pammy. I am a struggling writer. I can never develop a story but always know where I want to go with it"

Wow good description! I'm always like, "Here's the plot and here's ho..."

yay i am not alone

message 35: by [deleted user] (new)

Hiiii new people. XXD

message 36: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments Oh. I just didn't get that inner child thing...

message 37: by [deleted user] (new)

Hi! I'm Frege! The real reason I joined was so I can improve on my writing. Have I come to the right place?

message 38: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments FREGE!!!!!!!!

message 39: by [deleted user] (last edited Jan 01, 2011 06:50PM) (new)

SAM!!!!!!!! YOU'RE IN THIS GROUP?
Haha, I'm just joking. I knew. I looked at my updates, and I saw that you did a post in 'Struggling Writers'. I liked the name and decided to join.

message 40: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments Ah.

I DID IT!!!!! I MUST SHOUT IT TO THE WORLD!!!!!!

message 41: by [deleted user] (new)

WHAT DID YOU DO?

message 42: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments I FINISHED THE NEXT CHAPTER OF The Light is Failing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

message 43: by [deleted user] (new)

AYAY! <3 GOOD JOB!

message 44: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *runs around the room yelling and screaming in joy*

message 45: by [deleted user] (new)

O.O *runs around* SAM! GUESS WHAT!

message 46: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments WHAT?

message 47: by [deleted user] (new)

I FORGOT.
WAIT.
NO.
I MET ANOTHER PERSON THAT LIVES IN CANADA! :D

message 48: by Sam (new)

Sam | 47 comments WHOO!!!!!! I like it when you meet a person that lives where you live or lives where you used to live.

message 49: by [deleted user] (new)

YEAH, I KNOW!

N.S.A.(Look for God's Truth) | 31 comments ............

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 62 63

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Anne Frank and Me (other topics)
The Hiding Place: The Triumphant True Story of Corrie Ten Boom (other topics)
Becoming Me: Becoming Me by Caitlin O'Connor (other topics)
The Night Tourist (other topics)
The Land Beyond the Portal (other topics)
More...

Authors mentioned in this topic

Mary Novik (other topics)
Xavier Edwards (other topics)
Wayne Smallman (other topics)
Heather Farthing (other topics)
W.D. Currie (other topics)
More...