Young Adult Book Club discussion

City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)
This topic is about City of Bones
City of Bones > Favorite/Least Favorite Character So Far

Comments (showing 1-22 of 22) (22 new)    post a comment »
dateDown_arrow    newest »

Ashley (readerandwriter) My favorite character so far is Clary. My least favorite character is Alec.

J-Lynn (JVanPelt) | 43 comments ***Spoilers***

At first I loved Jace, and still do. But, I think Simon is the coolest character. He is a mortal, with no supernatural abilities, and a heartbreaking crush, but he holds his own and saves the day.

Least favorite characters--Mr. and Mrs. Lightwood. I know we have never met them, but they seem really shady.

Nikki (nikk2981) | 32 comments I'm to chapter 9 and my favorite Character so far is Simon.
My least favorite is Luke.

Suzanne | 7 comments I'm at chapter 16 and so far I'm liking Jace the most. He's a good guy with a smart mouth and I find him very enjoyable. Simon on the other hand is Clary's best friend, and though I understand that he's also getting on my nerves. Why can't he just listen?

Elaine (readingrat) | 24 comments I'm at chapter 10. I don't have a most favorite yet but Clary is definitely my least favorite.

Diane (DianeS) My favorite is Simon, and my least favorite is Alec.

message 7: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (last edited Aug 22, 2008 10:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2677 comments Mod
I am about half way through but I love the cat Church. He is so cool. I don't really like Simon but it is because the way his character is written he just seems to get in the way right now. I do like Jace a lot. He seems pretty laid back but tough at the same time.

Spoiler: Isn't it weird that Simon could see Clary's mom's tattoos in the beginning of the book? I probably haven't read far enough to see what that is about. But I didn't think he should be able to see them.

message 8: by PandaRanda (last edited Aug 25, 2008 04:04AM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

PandaRanda | 12 comments I don't like Simon much, not to offend any Simon lovers, but he comes off as pathetic, whiny, in the way and feeble in his attempts to express himself. All in all, very unmanly, but that's just me.

I recently read the sequel and he gets a whole lot better, but I still don't like him all that much. Clary is alright, not super annoying like some female protagonists, *cough*Bella*cough* and she's pretty cool in the sequel too. =P

I think my favourite characters are Luke and Jace...Luke because he's a werewolf, he's grown up, fatherly and the only reliable character in the whole series, and Jace, just because his character rubs me up in the right way. xD I guess it depends on what kind of person you are! But I like that jaded past, broken before, arrogant, guarded, feigned confidence kinda aspect in teenage guys...it just makes them seem safer to be with, even when they're reckless, because they're just seem so dang strong and confident. xD

Ashley (readerandwriter) I'm currently reading the second installment of the series and Clary and Luke are my favorite characters now. I hate Jace in this book. I feel sorry for Simon. I also like Maia. She is cool.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* I luv Jace and Clary... Luke is pretty cool too and so is Maia. I liked Simon at first, but somewhere in the middle of City of Ashes I decided that I hate him. He just keeps getting more annoying and whining all the time and following Clary everywhere. GAH!!! i really wish he'd just go away already.

message 11: by Nikki (last edited Aug 25, 2008 11:28AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikki (nikk2981) | 32 comments At first I wasn't to fond of Luke but now that I'm done with the book he's closer to one of my favorites along with Simon. I like that he's a little whiney but still ends up saving the day so to speak.
And my least favorite now that I'm done I guess I'll go with Hodge.

message 12: by Angie, YA lovin mod!! (new) - rated it 3 stars

Angie | 2677 comments Mod
After reading the book my favorite character is Magnus Bane. I loved his character. Fun, snooty, his little cat party. I just really enjoyed him and wish he would've been in the book more.

Brigid *Flying Kick-a-pow!* he's more in the second book ;D

Melanie | 2 comments I absolutely LOVE Jace and Clary!!!!♥ ♥ ♥

Kae (SuperKaemo) definitely Magnus!

Sheila (sheila1) | 2 comments My Favourite character is definitely Isabelle I didn't really like her at the beginning but she kind of grows on you. Clary is like the damsel in distress type always needing to be saved but Izzy does it herself she kind of reminds me of Rose from Vampire Academy. I love Max too I'm not sure if he's in the first one but Jace is so cute with him! :)

Michaela (Mickeyy2017) my favorite character is Simon i don't have a least favorite yet

message 18: by [deleted user] (new)

I love Simon omg he's so funny! Least ... no one really

Nidhi Thomas (nidhithomas) | 19 comments Read all the books which are out, and my favorite is Magnus Bane, Hands down! my least..... I don't have a least.... hmmm

message 20: by [deleted user] (new)

Favorite: Isabelle & Magnus Bane, Maia, Jordan/Kyle, Luke, Jace, Clary, Alec basically everyone!
I don't have a least favorite.

Veronica | 42 comments favourite is isabelle
least is jace

Marie Clarisse (Clarisse723) | 9 comments I've only read City of Bones so far and my favorite is Jace. My least favorite would probably be Alec.

unread topics | mark unread