Jasper Fforde's Books: Thursday Next + Other Books discussion

Just to Chat > The future...

Comments (showing 1-5 of 5) (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Purple (new)

Purple | 10 comments Man am I impatient! Even though I've yet to read all of Jasper's current books I can't help looking to the future to see what's next! I just love having a long list of things to read!

Anyway, Mr Fforde claims that his next book will be neither a Thursday Next book, or an NCD one, but 'Shades of Grey' - his website gives us the teaser:

"Britain three thousand years into the future
Everything has been lost
The population has been decimated
Government has collapsed
Only politeness remains
And Cricket
Eddie Russett is tired of both"

Which seems that it may draw more comparisons with one Douglas Adams...

Also on the site, along with the information that the next Thursday Next novel will be brilliantly called 'One of Our Thursdays is Missing' Jasper lets slip that 'The Last Great Tortoise Race' will be the third in the NCD trilogy.

Do you think he means that that will make it a trilogy, or that that will be the last one?

Any thoughts?

message 2: by Doug (new)

Doug | 36 comments Mod

Thank you for updating us. I suspect the answer to whether it will be the last of the NCD series depends on sales. If we all get out and buy it I am sure there will be more. Remember the Douglas Adams trilogy became five novels. Let's hope it isn't the last - though I do prefer the Thursday Next series. :)Doug

message 3: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (LisaVegan) I can't wait for Shades of Grey!:

I'm about to (finally) start Something Rotten.

message 4: by Jen (new)

Jen (JenniferJuniper) From the FAQ page on jasperfforde.com:

Is there going to be another Nursery Crime novel?

Eventually. The Last Great Tortoise Race will be the third and final installment of the NCD series. I have no idea when it will be written, or published.

message 5: by Doug (new)

Doug | 36 comments Mod
Jen, Thank you for adding the information on the NCD series. :)

Jasper Fforde's Books: Thursday Next + Other Books

unread topics | mark unread